PDA

View Full Version : why dont the knicks just waive jr smith?

Teanett
12-22-2014, 01:46 PM
wtf?
detroit doing the right thing with josh.
jr needed the boot two seasons ago.
c'mon phil!
how are you going to install a philosophy with a player like jr smith?

Lexington Steel
12-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Wasn't he the 6MOTY two seasons ago? :biggums:

Teanett
12-22-2014, 01:48 PM

and then boston and jason terry happened

christian1923
12-22-2014, 01:50 PM
Love the user name :cheers:

boozehound
12-22-2014, 02:04 PM
wtf?
detroit doing the right thing with josh.
jr needed the boot two seasons ago.
c'mon phil!
how are you going to install a philosophy with a player like jr smith?
didnt you just sign him to a contract?

Teanett
12-22-2014, 02:06 PM

2nd year of his contract, i think. similar to josh smith.
i believe he makes less than josh tho.

hawkfan
12-22-2014, 04:46 PM

They can use the stretch provision on him - 2 mil per year for 3 yrs. Not bad.

Real14
12-22-2014, 04:48 PM
I blame Dolan.

Real Men Wear Green
12-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Would it matter?

Real14
12-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Would it matter?
yes, if we can get a player that's more productive and team oriented.

Teanett
12-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Would it matter?

yes. not in terms of wins, but getting rid of bad habits.
you know, winning mentality and culture and all that zen jazz.

Real Men Wear Green
12-22-2014, 05:34 PM
yes, if we can get a player that's more productive and team oriented.They would have to be available as a free agent. The only FA that is likely to improve the Knicks is Ray Allen, who would never consider the Knicks' offer. And he wouldn't make them much better. Smith is of little value but the guys that don't have a team right now aren't going to be good. NY would need to add a star player to have the kind of impact that takes a team from the bottom of the league to the playoffs. Not some vet minimum signing that is just trying to add a few more bucks to his retirement fund.

Real Men Wear Green
12-22-2014, 05:37 PM
yes. not in terms of wins, but getting rid of bad habits.
you know, winning mentality and culture and all that zen jazz.
I can understand just wanting to see him gone and Hardaway Jr could use his minutes but I wouldn't just pay him his whole salary to go away. See if someone will give up smaller buy-out.

Real14
12-22-2014, 05:38 PM
They would have to be available as a free agent. The only FA that is likely to improve the Knicks is Ray Allen, who would never consider the Knicks' offer. And he wouldn't make them much better. Smith is of little value but the guys that don't have a team right now aren't going to be good. NY would need to add a star player to have the kind of impact that takes a team from the bottom of the league to the playoffs. Not some vet minimum signing that is just trying to add a few more bucks to his retirement fund.

I know but having a better team player who's actually focused on winning games will get us better probably not top 5 but at least good enough to fight for a playoff spot. Knicks are not that bad like the way they look on record. They lost most of their games by 5 points or less. You never know, maybe a little more help might make us good again.

fpliii
12-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Not sure if it helps you guys this year, since it's a lost season.

Thing is, it allows you to cut ties with him this coming summer, along with STAT and Bargs. If he's not moved or waived, would have to imagine there's a 100% chance he takes the player option.

Real Men Wear Green
12-22-2014, 05:47 PM
I know but having a better team player who's actually focused on winning games will get us better probably not top 5 but at least good enough to fight for a playoff spot. Knicks are not that bad like the way they look on record. They lost most of their games by 5 points or less. You never know, maybe a little more help might make us good again.
Plenty of losing teams can say that. No one cares.

smoovegittar
12-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Not sure if it helps you guys this year, since it's a lost season.

Thing is, it allows you to cut ties with him this coming summer, along with STAT and Bargs. If he's not moved or waived, would have to imagine there's a 100% chance he takes the player option.
This.