PDA

View Full Version : Better to be Conely or Rondo the Chris Paul

Noyze
12-22-2014, 02:47 PM
Better to be Conely or Rondo then Chris Paul

As good as players like Chris Paul are the Clippers are paying a PG over $100 Mil. Historically that's a bad idea if you wanna build a serious contender. Steph Curry is equally worth the same amount but Golden State wouldn't have such a good roster is he wasn't grossly underpaid. Same with Steve Nash's Suns of the mid 2000's

In today's game skilled PG's aren't that hard to find. If they command as much money and attention as CP3 does then you're gonna have a tough time signing that extra big or skilled wing. Somehow having a 2nd tier pg is better for a well built roster IMO.

Myth
12-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Steph Curry is equally worth the same amount but Golden State wouldn't have such a good roster is he wasn't grossly underpaid.

Give him time.

LoneyROY7
12-22-2014, 02:50 PM
As good as players like Chris Paul are the Clippers are paying a PG over $100 Mil. Historically that's a bad idea if you wanna build a serious contender. Steph Curry is equally worth the same amount but Golden State wouldn't have such a good roster is he wasn't grossly underpaid. Same with Steve Nash's Suns of the mid 2000's

In today's game skilled PG's aren't that hard to find. If they command as much money and attention as CP3 does then you're gonna have a tough time signing that extra big or skilled wing. Somehow having a 2nd tier pg is better for a well built roster IMO.

Conley and Rondo don't impact the game the way that Paul does...that's why they aren't payed similarly.

Curry will get the exact same contract (if not more due to the salary cap increase) once his current contract is up.

GimmeThat
12-22-2014, 02:56 PM
They might lack a bit of vertical defense at the 3pt line

brandonislegend
12-22-2014, 03:04 PM
What is a Conely

ballup
12-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Simple. CP3 gets paid more and has more endorsements. Why would I rather be the other two who get paid much less?

Noyze
12-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Simple. CP3 gets paid more and has more endorsements. Why would I rather be the other two who get paid much less?

You make a good point. I mean it's better for a team, not individual.