PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade Didn't Try To Convince LeBron To Re-Sign With Heat

KingLeBronJames
12-22-2014, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE]Dwyane Wade hopes the Miami Heat fans give LeBron James an appreciative response in his first return visit with the Cleveland Cavaliers on Christmas Day.

Wade said he never tried to recruit James to remain with the Heat, treating him more as a friend than a teammate.

Wade and James were together in Las Vegas before he announced his decision to sign with the Cavs.

"We had already planned to go to Vegas earlier in the year," Wade said. "[LeBron's] camp was out there at the time, and I was out there with D-Wright. It was perfect timing to be out there with two of my best friends. So that summer, it was already planned. When it came to the decision that had to be made, I kind of knew a little bit. I could feel it a little bit. But I didn't know it 100 percent until we talked. But I could feel it. I knew it was tough on him. It was probably harder because I was around, because it was a tough time to make that decision for him. And then, one of the toughest parts was because of me and the relationship we had and stuff like that."

Wade and James won two championships together and their friendship will last into retirement.

"That's all I ever will be is Dwyane the friend," Wade said. "Dwyane the teammate, I'm not that guy. I knew whenever it comes to somebody having to do what's best for them, I'm always going to take myself out of it and give them the best advice I feel I can give. I'm not going to be biased and give them what I think is going to be best for me. I'm going to give them what I feel is best for them, and I've always been that way in any situation. I tried to be selfless. I took being his teammate out of it and I was just his friend. It was as simple as saying, 'Do what

Real14
12-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Well it was Lebron's fault:confusedshrug: 2011 NBA Finals is enough proof.

Budadiiii
12-22-2014, 05:12 PM
LeBron back stabbed his home state and 4 years later back stabbed his best friend.

These hoes ain't loyal.

VengefulAngel
12-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Dwyane Wade :applause: :applause: :applause:

True brotherhood and loyalty...

FireDavidKahn
12-22-2014, 05:22 PM
LeBron back stabbed his home state and 4 years later back stabbed his best friend.

These hoes ain't loyal.
He gave Miami 4 finals and 2 championships, Miami fans should be grateful

Real14
12-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Stern and Silver gave Miami 4 finals and 2 championships, Miami fans, Lebron and Lebron stans should be grateful
Fixed.

Real Men Wear Green
12-22-2014, 05:23 PM
It's strange. Here you have Wade clearly stating what he means and yet we still have posters trying to put spin on something that is quite clear in intent.

Megabox!
12-22-2014, 05:25 PM
I guess D-Wade don't like LeBron taking his spotlight.
Wade isn't like that and besides wasn't Bosh the 1st option during this season before he got hurt?

The Red Viper
12-22-2014, 05:35 PM
DWade and LeBron my fav B'ball bromance of all time. :')

SouBeachTalents
12-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Fixed.

5-25

f0und
12-22-2014, 05:39 PM
OP trying to make it sound like wade didnt even want lebron to come back. forgets to take out the part where thats not what wade meant. OP is a moron brown stain.

Real14
12-22-2014, 05:43 PM
5-25
Somebody butthurt as hell right now cuz I was stating obvious FACTS:oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
12-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Somebody butthurt as hell right now cuz I was stating obvious FACTS:oldlol:

I was stating facts too, 5-25

Cocaine80s
12-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Lmao watch Wade accidentally throw a lob to Lebron on the fastbreak and he ends up actually dunking it :oldlol:

r0drig0lac
12-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Wade :applause:

russwest0
12-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Dwayne Wade was just an alpha trying to help a beta navigate through the tough life of being an NBA superstar.

houston
12-22-2014, 06:18 PM
ok whatever wade

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Fudge :facepalm

GrapeApe
12-22-2014, 06:39 PM
I really do hope the fans in Miami cheer LeBron before the game. I know I would if I was there, but I'm not sure what to expect. I think the overall reception will be positive with a few smattering of boo's. Once the game starts he's fair game, but he deserves to get shown some love beforehand.

navy
12-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Yeah, Wade has been surprisingly unsalty about the whole thing. I guess Bosh was kept out of the loop as usual.

bluechox2
12-22-2014, 06:43 PM
He gave Miami 4 finals and 2 championships, Miami fans should be grateful
wade gave them 5 finals and 3 chips

20 years down the line it will be how dwade got them those chips and not journeyman lebron

Real14
12-22-2014, 06:44 PM
wade gave them 5 finals and stern gave them 3 chips

fixed.

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 06:45 PM
wade gave them 1 chip

but that's less than what LeBron did

BasedTom
12-22-2014, 06:46 PM
they cheer = lololol dumb crowd thinks lebron still plays for the heat
they boo = omg how absolutely classless of them!!@!!@ this is a worse than pearl harbor

russwest0
12-22-2014, 06:47 PM
they cheer = lololol dumb crowd thinks lebron still plays for the heat
they boo = omg how absolutely classless of them!!@!!@ this is a worse than pearl harbor

:biggums:

Real14
12-22-2014, 06:47 PM

Lebron didn't do shit.

russwest0
12-22-2014, 06:48 PM

yeah but LeBron took away 1 chip from them in 2011.

BasedTom
12-22-2014, 06:48 PM
:biggums:
You know that haters are going to find ways to hate. Oh well :confusedshrug:

Real14
12-22-2014, 06:50 PM
You mean 2 right?

Hoopz2332
12-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Yeah, Wade has been surprisingly unsalty about the whole thing. I guess Bosh was kept out of the loop as usual.

Wade doesn't even mention Bosh as friend on the Lebron level in the full article:oldlol:

[quote]"It's going to be a mixture," Wade said. "How I think he should be received is a little different. The man helped take us to places we've only been once before he got here. So I think he should be received very well for that at the start of the game. And then when the game comes on, then do what you've got to do (as fans)."

That would be a much more civilized reception than what awaited James on Dec. 2, 2010, when he returned to Cleveland for the first time with the Heat, and was relentlessly cursed, hissed and mocked before and during Miami's rout. Wade's expectation would be similar to what O'Neal experienced in Los Angeles, a celebration of a shared past followed by the typical treatment of a current rival. And Wade anticipates that even if there are some boos early in the game, "it won't last long."

"At the end of the day, the guy is an amazing basketball player and everyone is a fan of the game," Wade said. "So 'oohs and ahhs,' they come before boos sometimes. I hope our fans are just appreciative of what he brought to this organization in four years."

This isn't lip service. He said his personal relationship with James hasn't changed "at all" since July 11 (when James announced he was returning to Cleveland).

[b]"At the end of the day, this is a sport," he said, and he would never let a sport come between him and the closest friends he has made through it, whether it be James, Udonis Haslem, Dorell Wright or Quentin Richardson.

How frequently do they speak?

"Very often, man," Wade said. "I think we talk as much as you can ever talk to one of your best friends, whether it's about basketball or it's about (James' sons) Bronny and Bryce and (Wade's sons) Zaire and Zion and so on. It's what we do, and what we've always done

yarrak
12-22-2014, 07:25 PM

that logic though:roll: :roll:

Without Lebron, they wouldn't have gotten to the finals. Chicago would have beaten them. D-Wade was playing like shit against the bulls.:facepalm

Magic 32
12-22-2014, 07:29 PM
He gave Miami 4 finals and 2 championships

He also took one away.

And when did stacked teams celebrate finals apparences? Especially in the east?

I'm sure Heat fans were super happy in the 4th quarter of game 4 this year.

Thank you Lebron.

oarabbus
12-22-2014, 07:32 PM
It's strange. Here you have Wade clearly stating what he means and yet we still have posters trying to put spin on something that is quite clear in intent.

Glad someone else noticed.

Derka
12-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Pretty solid advice and there really is no spin to be had, try as haters might. Props to Wade for these comments.

russwest0
12-22-2014, 08:24 PM
that logic though:roll: :roll:

Without Lebron, they wouldn't have gotten to the finals. Chicago would have beaten them. D-Wade was playing like shit against the bulls.:facepalm

cool brah, lebron was a good sidekick until simply not choking as a sidekick in the finals was too hard for him.

Dro
12-22-2014, 08:53 PM
This.......And it was posted on the 1st page......I give Wade a lot of credit for his approach.....

TylerOO
12-22-2014, 08:55 PM
20 years down the line it will be how dwade got them those chips and not journeyman lebron

:oldlol: No it won't.

Horde of Temujin
12-23-2014, 02:34 AM
Fixed.

Yep

Mr. Jabbar
12-23-2014, 02:49 AM
"I didn't know, but I had a feeling he was going to back stab me"

"I was back stabbed by lebald in vegas"

-Dwyane Wade

bdreason
12-23-2014, 03:16 AM

The Fox News or Internet Basketball Forums.

I think Wade knew his knees were done. Guy won 3 titles for Miami... his legacy is fine.

sportjames23
12-23-2014, 04:57 AM

These hoes ain't loyal.

We don't love dem hoes.

Real14
12-23-2014, 04:59 AM
This.......And it was posted on the 1st page......I give Wade a lot of credit for his approach.....
Its obvious that Wade was not being REAL in his statement.

Real14
12-23-2014, 05:00 AM
We don't love dem hoes.

Sure cant trust Lebronna man. Like mother like daughter.

Real14
12-23-2014, 05:00 AM
"I didn't know, but I had a feeling he was going to back stab me"

"I was back stabbed by lebald in vegas"

-Dwyane Wade
Amen:oldlol:

Dresta
12-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Yeah, Wade's always had Bron's back, even after the 2011 finals debacle he defended him, despite Bron's choking/freezing costing him a lot personally. That's what makes Bron stans such reprehensible pieces of shit.

Real14
12-23-2014, 07:16 AM
Yeah, Wade's always had Bron's back, even after the 2011 finals debacle he defended him, despite Bron's choking/freezing costing him a lot personally. That's what makes Bron stans such reprehensible pieces of shit.

REAL talk right here.

Kiddlovesnets
12-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Wade so classic, what a friend to have. Unfortunately, Lebron is just a businessman, he seeks what benefits him the most. The decision and the return, whatever it was, he chose the place that had brighter future in the next 3-4 years. Cant blame him, but of course some things are missing for Lebron as a human being.
:rolleyes: