PDA

View Full Version : L.A. Clippers @ San Antonio Spurs Game Thread

T_L_P
12-22-2014, 07:04 PM
No Parker, Kawhi or Mills tonight. Not 100% sure if Splitter's playing (I'm assuming he sat last game because it was a b2b).

Should be a good one, regardless. :cheers:

ninephive
12-22-2014, 07:31 PM
For sure no TP?

dubnation
12-22-2014, 07:39 PM
For sure no TP?

Not that it really hurts them... he's been terrible. Maybe some extended rest will do him some good.

Just got league pass as an early Christmas gift, stoked on the games tonight :pimp:

navy
12-22-2014, 07:46 PM
So who on the Spurs is actually injured as in 100% cant play? Mills and Kawhi only?

ninephive
12-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Not that it really hurts them... he's been terrible. Maybe some extended rest will do him some good.

Just got league pass as an early Christmas gift, stoked on the games tonight :pimp:
If by terrible you mean leading the team in points, assists, 3P%, and shooting better from the field than Kawhi, Duncan, Ginobili, Green, Joseph, and pretty much the rest of the team. He also has been missed with point guards having career nights the past few games. Oh and he runs the offense instead of letting Ginobili lose the games about 5 times each night for us.

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 08:21 PM
We need Parker and Kawhi back. I feel like they're both gonna return after this stretch of tough games is over and the Spurs will be back on track.

dubnation
12-22-2014, 08:29 PM
If by terrible you mean leading the team in points, assists, 3P%, and shooting better from the field than Kawhi, Duncan, Ginobili, Green, Joseph, and pretty much the rest of the team. He also has been missed with point guards having career nights the past few games. Oh and he runs the offense instead of letting Ginobili lose the games about 5 times each night for us.

He's shooting well... but that's about it. I bet he'll bounce back, but the hamstring and rib injury were really slowing him down. He's been an absolute sieve on defense, he's turning it over at a higher rate than ever, and his box score stats are way down (except shooting) all across the board. It's also a case where +/- agrees with the box score... dude ranks 74th/78th in RPM, just behind DJ Augustin :wtf:.

Again, I think he'll be fine once he recovers from his injuries, but having him sit out now is definitely for the best.

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 08:42 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/98821dab1d29a387779c68ba75618a19.png
http://i.gyazo.com/29c4cf62933249c3c8fa209d0ed6c25b.png

T_L_P
12-22-2014, 08:45 PM
He's shooting well... but that's about it. I bet he'll bounce back, but the hamstring and rib injury were really slowing him down. He's been an absolute sieve on defense, he's turning it over at a higher rate than ever, and his box score stats are way down (except shooting) all across the board. It's also a case where +/- agrees with the box score... dude ranks 74th/78th in RPM, just behind DJ Augustin :wtf:.

Again, I think he'll be fine once he recovers from his injuries, but having him sit out now is definitely for the best.

Slight correction: he's actually 382nd, behind Tony Snell and just above J.R. Smith.

--

Parker is definitely not playing as far as I am aware. I think he's probably gonna return after December.

dubnation
12-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Slight correction: he's actually 382nd, behind Tony Snell and just above J.R. Smith.

--

Parker is definitely not playing as far as I am aware. I think he's probably gonna return after December.

Right, I meant 74th/78th out of PGs. Hope he comes back strong in January.

T_L_P
12-22-2014, 09:35 PM
Hmmm...Parker is playing.

Got a feeling he's gonna sit the second half/4th quarter again. Ease his way back into things.

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Spurs have a pretty floppy attitude offensively and defensively.

Parker at it this time..

How is Blake not entitled to that (his) space?

T_L_P
12-22-2014, 09:54 PM
Ball movement on that play :cheers:

r0drig0lac
12-22-2014, 09:56 PM
big three :rockon:

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Diaw BANG!

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Diaw BANG!!

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 10:11 PM
I miss Parker so much. He's got this offense looking like the Spurs again :applause:

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 10:16 PM
the refs have been screwing the Clippers so hard this far :facepalm

4 gifted SAS points of that "block on Manu's airball that resulted into an inbound and a following 2-point bucket" which was an airball, therefore went off of Manu out of bounds, and now "DJ's goaltend" which was a clean block.

huskerdu
12-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Clippers just aren't very good.

1st round exit.

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm not even a Clippers fan and I'm the only one supporting/defending them here :biggums:

Where are ISH's Clippers fans at?

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 10:19 PM
MVParker :bowdown:

huskerdu
12-22-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm not even a Clippers fan and I'm the only one supporting/defending them here :biggums:

Where are ISH's Clippers fans at?

They flop like hell and have taken a step back this year.

People are just over them.

T_L_P
12-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Crawford is the GOAT foul-drawer. Gotta respect it.

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 10:21 PM
Tony :eek:

huskerdu
12-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Crawford is the GOAT foul-drawer. Gotta respect it.

It's crazy how he does these running jumpshots, so hard to predict when he'll shoot it sometimes.

Great at drawing fouls, no doubt.

r0drig0lac
12-22-2014, 10:27 PM
Manu doing everything out there

AboutBuckets
12-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Griffin running the break like a pro

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Diaw BANG!

r0drig0lac
12-22-2014, 10:36 PM
70 :applause:

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Parker has been nothing but money today

LoneyROY7
12-22-2014, 11:10 PM
No laptop right now, so im stuck on my phone.

Spurs are making every thing right now.

LoneyROY7
12-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Good run by the Clips.

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Point GAWD and angry Blake plus that ferocious DJ putback :applause:

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Ginobiliii!!!!!

LoneyROY7
12-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Solid end to the quarter.

First team to play defense in the 4th quarter wins. :lol

huskerdu
12-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Nice run by the Clipps

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 11:29 PM
TIE GAME :banana: :banana: :banana:

Lets gooooo Clippersss

lol at Mavs getting blown out smh

LoneyROY7
12-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Fantastic job by the bench to tie it up...its up to Blake and Chris to bring it home.

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 11:32 PM
Blake gets no respect

LoneyROY7
12-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Blake gets no respect

It's because were in San Antonio...gonna have to earn this one the hard way.

LoneyROY7
12-22-2014, 11:36 PM
F*ck. Not looking good.

T_L_P
12-22-2014, 11:39 PM
Nice run there; ball moves so well with Manu's passing.

r0drig0lac
12-22-2014, 11:39 PM
OMG Manu :bowdown:

hitmanyr2k
12-22-2014, 11:40 PM
Ginobili is doing surgery on the Clips.

The_Yearning
12-22-2014, 11:41 PM
Ginobli looking like the russian mafia out there

LoneyROY7
12-22-2014, 11:43 PM
Redick. :facepalm

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 11:43 PM
TIMAAAYYY!!!! :bowdown:

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 11:44 PM
nice find to timmy in the post

hitmanyr2k
12-22-2014, 11:44 PM
Tim Duncan is ridiculous. At his age he shouldn't be doing this shit.

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 11:46 PM
Timaaayyyy@#$

r0drig0lac
12-22-2014, 11:47 PM
old man closing this

LoneyROY7
12-22-2014, 11:48 PM
F*ck Redick. Guy plays well in the 1st quarter and then disappears every game. Like clockwork.

huskerdu
12-22-2014, 11:50 PM
Considering how bad the first half was for the Clippers they had a very nice to run to make it a game.

I think they match up poorly with a healthy SA but I do think they'll get better as the season goes on.

May need to do something at the trade deadline for a SF.

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 11:54 PM
oh wow its not over..

3 OT L for the Spurs in coming :lol

LoneyROY7
12-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Lol Spurs.

LoneyROY7
12-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Paul stays bricking in the clutch. :facepalm

BuffaloBill
12-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Danny Green is the only clutch player

thank you based Green :bowdown:

ninephive
12-23-2014, 12:09 AM
I miss Parker so much. He's got this offense looking like the Spurs again :applause:
He's such a baller. He once again outplays Paul, leads the game in scoring, and actually gets the offense moving again. The offense is so much better with Parker running it. We shot like 70+% in the first half.

longhornfan1234
12-23-2014, 12:22 AM
Duncan has been a beast lately.

BuffaloBill
12-23-2014, 12:24 AM
He's such a baller. He once again outplays Paul, leads the game in scoring, and actually gets the offense moving again. The offense is so much better with Parker running it. We shot like 70+% in the first half.

Yup. He's not one of those catch and shoot guys like Mills or Green but he definitely gets them open and also provides us offense when everyone else's shot isn't falling. He may have slowed down a tad bit but he's still one of the most efficient scorers to play the game. It's obvious that's a very important piece to this team if we want to go far.

Some people say he slows the team down. But actually he provides more ways for us to score, adding versatility which leads to the 3 point shooting opening back up.

T_L_P
12-23-2014, 12:28 AM
Great W tonight.

Glad Tony's back. CoJo isn't talented enough to handle that many minutes, Manu can be a disaster when he has to play more than 30. Tony had a great individual game (fantastic, actually), even if it didn't exactly lead to team success.

JJ Redick appears to be one of the streakiest MF'ers in the league.

BuffaloBill
12-23-2014, 12:46 AM
Tony had a great individual game (fantastic, actually), even if it didn't exactly lead to team success (almost every significant run we made was with him on the bench, he had the worst +/- on the team by a large margin iirc).

Tony is kinda like the running game in football. You can be the greatest passing team ever but the defense will see right through it unless you have a running game. Having both is what makes you unpredictable, running the ball will open up your passing game. Tony Parker's ability to create his own shots opens up the 3pt shooting for the spurs. He's one of the bests at drawing the second defender and finding the open man, or making the pass that leads to finding the open man.

When Tony isn't playing, the spurs rely too much on the move the ball around and shoot which works at times, but other times, like in the first half against memphis for example, when the shot isn't falling the Spurs have no other options but to keep putting up 3's until they star falling which really hurts the offense. Switching it up is what throws defenses off and opens up the offense, which is why players like Parker and Leonard are so important to the offense.

ninephive
12-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Great W tonight.

Glad Tony's back. CoJo isn't talented enough to handle that many minutes, Manu can be a disaster when he has to play more than 30. Tony had a great individual game (fantastic, actually), even if it didn't exactly lead to team success.

JJ Redick appears to be one of the streakiest MF'ers in the league.
Hahahahhahahhaha wow, you are one of the biggest Parker haters I've ever seen on this board. Did he do something to you, Navy, and Young X?

navy
12-23-2014, 12:50 AM
Hahahahhahahhaha wow, you are one of the biggest Parker haters I've ever seen on this board. Did he do something to you, Navy, and Young X?
lol, thinking I care about Parker.

I'll give him his props when they are due, dude is the best scorer/creator on the team no doubt.

BuffaloBill
12-23-2014, 12:51 AM
Damn. Navy is like beetlejuice :lol

T_L_P
12-23-2014, 12:53 AM

Every significant run we made was with him on the bench (the ball finally starting moving when he was out too). He had the worst +/- on the team with -13 (then it was Anderson with a -7, then it was Ayres I think with a -3).

It's a fact that his individual play didn't lead to an improved team performance. Don't shoot the messenger.

Like I said, he still played a fantastic individual game. He did what he always has done, and he did it fantastically. But dribbling for 15 seconds and passing to the closest guy or pulling up for the mid-range jumper obviously isn't more effective than actively looking for an open 3 point shooter. And defensively this whole topic gets even messier. TP was a sieve out there tonight, giving up on screens, sagging off his man, gambling on inbounds plays (and that's just the 1st Q).

navy
12-23-2014, 12:55 AM
Damn. Navy is like beetlejuice :lol
:lol

ninephive
12-23-2014, 12:56 AM
Every significant run we made was with him on the bench (the ball finally starting moving when he was out too). He had the worst +/- on the team with -13 (then it was Anderson with a -7, then it was Ayres I think with a -3).

It's a fact that his individual play didn't lead to an improved team performance. Don't shoot the messenger.
You can find ANY stat to try to undercut any player at any given time. Oh, Parker led the game in scoring? Oh, on great shooting? Oh, but look at his +/-. If that's not what I want, then look at PER. If that doesn't work, look at _______.

Artillery
12-23-2014, 01:51 AM

Like I said, he still played a fantastic individual game. He did what he always has done, and he did it fantastically. But dribbling for 15 seconds and passing to the closest guy or pulling up for the mid-range jumper obviously isn't more effective than actively looking for an open 3 point shooter. And defensively this whole topic gets even messier. TP was a sieve out there tonight, giving up on screens, sagging off his man, gambling on inbounds plays (and that's just the 1st Q).

Parker's defense was definitely horrid tonight. Paul, Reddick, Farmer - they all scored anytime Tony defended them. That 3rd quarter lineup was brutal. Parker, Belinelli, Green, Bonner, Ayres. Don't know what Pop was thinking throwing four bad defenders out there at the same time. Did he really think Green's defense would be enough to keep that lineup competitive? Clippers made their big run against that group and ended up tieing the game against that rotation.

houston
12-23-2014, 02:13 AM
tony back to save the day

ninephive
12-23-2014, 02:43 AM
Parker's defense was definitely horrid tonight. Paul, Reddick, Farmer - they all scored anytime Tony defended them. That 3rd quarter lineup was brutal. Parker, Belinelli, Green, Bonner, Ayres. Don't know what Pop was thinking throwing four bad defenders out there at the same time. Did he really think Green's defense would be enough to keep that lineup competitive? Clippers made their big run against that group and ended up tieing the game against that rotation.
Hey at least with Tony back we don't have point guards going off for 40 on us like Monta and Lilliard did the past few games.

Victoire
12-23-2014, 08:05 AM

He is pathetic indeed.

ArbitraryWater
12-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Some people really dislike Parker :lol

Don't know what it is.. Same for Milbuck, like TPL, don't know about Young X, he's a CP3 fan, but seems objective.

Anyway, what did Manu do to the Clips in the 4th? Damn, PICKED them APART... Orchestrated the offense perfectly, made like 4 consecutive dimes leading to big time buckets... capped off by that moving over the head pass to Green in the corner for a 3?! Crazy shit....

These guys, Manu and Parker, are so much better than their stats say, it's not even funny.

T_L_P
12-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Some people really dislike Parker :lol

Don't know what it is.. Same for Milbuck, like TPL, don't know about Young X, he's a CP3 fan, but seems objective.

Anyway, what did Manu do to the Clips in the 4th? Damn, PICKED them APART... Orchestrated the offense perfectly, made like 4 consecutive dimes leading to big time buckets... capped off by that moving over the head pass to Green in the corner for a 3?! Crazy shit....

These guys, Manu and Parker, are so much better than their stats say, it's not even funny.

I've given Parker his due in the past. From 08 to somewhere in January of 11, the Spurs were an all-out pick and roll team. Parker is a master at that, and that's when his style of play worked best (I'd probably say we were his team from 09-10 because Duncan hit a steep decline and we were more offense than defense, 11 was clearly all Manu).

But this season, and last Playoffs, Parker's style of play (and his production) didn't/hasn't cut it. Like I said, our major runs last night came with him on the bench, with Manu running things and actively looking to get Green open shots. That works better than Parker dribbling for 15 seconds and either dumping it off to the closest player to him or chucking up 15 footers (whether they go in or not isn't the issue).

It was 98-92 when Parker entered the game last night for CoJo (11 minute mark). Tony left at 6:21 with the score 105-104. The Spurs then go on a 10-2 run, which basically sealed the game.

You've got to be trolling right now, AW. Nothing suggests Parker's impact exceeds his stats. I challenged you on something similar in the other thread (pointing out we produced better when he's off the floor, and that advanced metrics say he's having little to no impact right now), and I'm doing it again. Manu undoubtedly does that. Tim does too (he's the best interior defender in the league this season). But nothing suggests the same for Parker, so I'd like to know what you mean.

ninephive
12-23-2014, 01:15 PM
I've given Parker his due in the past. From 08 to somewhere in January of 11, the Spurs were an all-out pick and roll team. Parker is a master at that, and that's when his style of play worked best (I'd probably say we were his team from 09-10 because Duncan hit a steep decline and we were more offense than defense, 11 was clearly all Manu).

But this season, and last Playoffs, Parker's style of play (and his production) didn't/hasn't cut it. Like I said, our major runs last night came with him on the bench, with Manu running things and actively looking to get Green open shots. That works better than Parker dribbling for 15 seconds and either dumping it off to the closest player to him or chucking up 15 footers (whether they go in or not isn't the issue).

It was 98-92 when Parker entered the game last night for CoJo (11 minute mark). Tony left at 6:21 with the score 105-104. The Spurs then go on a 10-2 run, which basically sealed the game.

You've got to be trolling right now, AW. Nothing suggests Parker's impact exceeds his stats. I challenged you on something similar in the other thread (pointing out we produced better when he's off the floor, and that advanced metrics say he's having little to no impact right now), and I'm doing it again. Manu undoubtedly does that. Tim does too (he's the best interior defender in the league this season). But nothing suggests the same for Parker, so I'd like to know what you mean.
Your +/- question has already been answered. Parker pretty much always plays against the other team's best rotation. I completely agree that our bench is better than any bench in the league, so yes, our bench is going to outscore theirs while our starting 5 isn't one of the best in the league. But when Parker leads all scorers, does it on high-percentage shooting, hits huge shots (his late 3-pointer), and it magically happens that we were on a 4 game losing streak until he came back and then magically our offense is unbelievable (what 64% from the field for the game), then say whatever the hell you want. I don't know what more you guys want from this guy. He's the only All-Star on our team, led us to another title last year (well, only if you count scoring and assists for the playoffs), ran one of the best offenses the NBA has ever seen, and routinely outplays the other "top PGs" in the league, including getting wins this year already against all the contenders.

Can you imagine the level of hate for TP if he wasn't leading the team in scoring? Or if he wasn't leading the team in assists? Or if didn't have the highest 3P% in the league? Or if our team didn't crumble without him? Or if he wasn't our only All-Star? Or if he wasn't our only All-NBA player? (3 years in a row by the way with no other Spur qualifying in that period) Or if he didn't lead in another playoff run to a championship last year? The hate would be off the charts!

ArbitraryWater
12-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Tony, with the free reign on another Team?

He'd just get alot more credit... I'm sure you see him as a system Player.. He isn't. He has carried this Team for 3-4 years. He's one of the most efficient scorers in the game, clutch as hell, and a playmaker...

He is one of those PG's that can score, very well.

Pop himself said (This Docu they're doing right now), that he's happy Manu and Tony accept his style, because they are capable of more.

You're nitpicking his +/-...

He's doing everything he can on this Spurs Team, and considering pretty much every guys numbers would take somewhat a hit on a Pop Spur Team, he would logically have even greater stats elsewhere. He's an awesome Player, that needs to be admired for his imporvement in his outside shot over the years... That was a coldblooded LONG 3 he hit last night.

T_L_P
12-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Tony, with the free reign on another Team?

He'd just get alot more credit... I'm sure you see him as a system Player.. He isn't. He has carried this Team for 3-4 years. He's one of the most efficient scorers in the game, clutch as hell, and a playmaker...

He is one of those PG's that can score, very well.

Pop himself said (This Docu they're doing right now), that he's happy Manu and Tony accept his style, because they are capable of more.

You're nitpicking his +/-...

He's doing everything he can on this Spurs Team, and considering pretty much every guys numbers would take somewhat a hit on a Pop Spur Team, he would logically have even greater stats elsewhere. He's an awesome Player, that needs to be admired for his imporvement in his outside shot over the years... That was a coldblooded LONG 3 he hit last night.

Again, almost everything you've posted is conjecture. We won a damn Playoff game last year with him out. That alone shuts down your asinine theory that he carries us (when the only two people who've ever carried us are Robinson and Timmy). And we're currently winning 60% of our games even though it's a fact that he hasn't had a large impact on the team (not just +/-, but every advanced metric out there, and there are lots of them). And if he has carried us, then he deserves LeBron 2011 hate for what he did in games 6 and 7 of the 13 Finals (shit the bed).

Pop conceived a system that fits perfectly for Parker. And yet he still isn't/hasn't been his team's most effective player (Kawhi and Timmy have been the past few years). Before then he was a role player and flat-out choker (his 05 Playoff run was pathetic; he wasn't a top 10 player on either team in the Finals). Now he's gonna be even better on teams that have no genuine offensive system? Okay.

You're just not getting what I'm saying. Parker is a very good individual player, but our offensive system flows so much better when he isn't holding the ball. It happened last night. It happened last Playoffs. It's happened all season so far. That's nothing against Tony; players his age don't change. But giving Manu the ball, and having a shooter out there (Green or Patty) does so much more for us. And, if we could, we'd park Parker's ass on the bench every defensive possession; he just horrible on that end of the floor. He's a sieve.

Come back with something solid or let's just end it here. When it comes to Kobe his place on the RPM list matters, but when it comes to Parker it doesn't? Don't you know how stupid it is to suggest the guy who is 350th on that list is currently more effective than the guy who's 3rd?

ArbitraryWater
12-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Again, almost everything you've posted is conjecture. We won a damn Playoff game last year with him out. That alone shuts down your asinine theory that he carries us (when the only two people who've ever carried us are Robinson and Timmy). And we're currently winning 60% of our games even though it's a fact that he hasn't had a large impact on the team (not just +/-, but every advanced metric out there, and there are lots of them). And if he has carried us, then he deserves LeBron 2011 hate for what he did in games 6 and 7 of the 13 Finals (shit the bed).

Pop conceived a system that fits perfectly for Parker. And yet he still isn't/hasn't been his team's most effective player (Kawhi and Timmy have been the past few years). Before then he was a role player and flat-out choker (his 05 Playoff run was pathetic; he wasn't a top 10 player on either team in the Finals). Now he's gonna be even better on teams that have no genuine offensive system? Okay.

You're just not getting what I'm saying. Parker is a very good individual player, but our offensive system flows so much better when he isn't holding the ball. It happened last night. It happened last Playoffs. It's happened all season so far. That's nothing against Tony; players his age don't change. But giving Manu the ball, and having a shooter out there (Green or Patty) does so much more for us. And, if we could, we'd park Parker's ass on the bench every defensive possession; he just horrible on that end of the floor. He's a sieve.

Come back with something solid or let's just end it here. When it comes to Kobe his place on the RPM list matters, but when it comes to Parker it doesn't? Don't you know how stupid it is to suggest the guy who is 350th on that list is currently more effective than the guy who's 3rd?

Wow, that's like an entire post full of BS on your part... Good Job ignoring ninefive's post, too.

Parker carried the team in 2009, 2010, 2013 (MVP candidate). Yet you're here talking about this season, 20 something games........

Jesus, Duncan could have scoreless halfs and Spurs was up BIG against Blazers, OKC (Playoffs). Duncan looked like he was done to start the last year, Spurs were 10-1 with him shooting 35% on like 7 points.... They just missed their SEVEN best Players and played the MAVERICKS DOWN THE WIRE.............. Yet you still ignore the brilliance of the entire Team. One guy out won't face this Team much, they will still make it through stretches of the year. But you NEED Parker/Kawhi at their best in the playoffs, to win.

The Spurs are a different Team when Kawhi takes his game to the next level, as evidenced last finals series. Not Duncan. He can't be that guy anymore.

You're like MellowYellow, critiquing KD's stats after his injury....

TP is doing 17/5 on 52%, and I never gave a shit about RAPM.

You're saying he's a detriment to the team :facepalm

Viriilink
12-23-2014, 02:35 PM

I'd give you his production didn't cut it, but his style of play was the same in 2012 and 2013. He was struggling getting to the rim even with a screen just like he struggled in the beginning of 2012-2013 season.

Second worst defensive line-up during majority of that stretch. Only thing that could make it worse was Belineli at 2 and Anderson at 3.

Can you show me stats of Corey running the offense when Manu isn't in the game? I would think he would be missed then.

Or if didn't have the highest 3P% in the league?

He doesn't take enough three pointers for that stat to be really significant.

Or if he wasn't our only All-NBA player? (3 years in a row by the way with no other Spur qualifying in that period)

Duncan made it on first team in 2013.

T_L_P
12-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Wow, that's like an entire post full of BS on your part... Good Job ignoring ninefive's post, too.

Parker carried the team in 2009, 2010, 2013 (MVP candidate). Yet you're here talking about this season, 20 something games........

Jesus, Duncan could have scoreless halfs and Spurs was up BIG against Blazers, OKC (Playoffs). Duncan looked like he was done to start the last year, Spurs were 10-1 with him shooting 35% on like 7 points.... They just missed their SEVEN best Players and played the MAVERICKS DOWN THE WIRE.............. Yet you still ignore the brilliance of the entire Team. One guy out won't face this Team much, they will still make it through stretches of the year. But you NEED Parker/Kawhi at their best in the playoffs, to win.

The Spurs are a different Team when Kawhi takes his game to the next level, as evidenced last finals series. Not Duncan. He can't be that guy anymore.

You're like MellowYellow, critiquing KD's stats after his injury....

TP is doing 17/5 on 52%, and I never gave a shit about RAPM.

You're saying he's a detriment to the team :facepalm

2009 RS:

Duncan averages 19/11/4/2 on .549 TS%, 10.1 WS, .191 WS/48, 4.2 Box +/-, 6.2 RAPM (5th in the league)

Parker averages 22/3/7 on .556 TS%, 8.6 WS, .168 WS/48, 2.9 Box +/-, 1.9 RAPM.

Stop making stuff up. He clearly wasn't better than Duncan, and he didn't carry us either (your idea of carrying a team is ludicrous, because you almost always are carrying a bad team).

I asked you if you remembered why Duncan played so bad to start the season (because I'm honestly starting to question if you've been watching basketball for more than a year), and you didn't respond. So I'm interested in knowing.

What Duncan provides on defense still brings tons of value to the team (as seen this year, though you just brushed it off). Duncan can't raise his game right now. He's impacting the game in ways players his age never have, and you're incapable of acknowledging it (and, unlike Parker, everything used to judge a players' impact agrees with me).

I never said Parker was a detriment. He takes a huge load off Manu and fills in at our weakest position currently (with Mills out). But he doesn't impact the game like Tim, Kawhi or Manu do. Never has. Even when he was an 'MVP candidate' (he's currently in the top 15 on the NBA.com list, so I'll just leave that there).

The fact of the matter is our offense performs better without him (reflected in the +/-/On-Off numbers, RAPM, RPM, Box score metrics and so on), and our defense performs much, much better without him. This isn't one metric that paints him as a low impact player. It's all of them. And that's never been the case for Tim, Manu or Kawhi, the guys Parker has apparently been carrying for so long.

ArbitraryWater
12-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Why Duncan played bad to start 2014/2015? Lemme guess, you got some injury report, link, whatever coming up?

You take those metrics VERY seriously.... You feel, the team performs better without him, hence, he's a DETRIMENT, when playing... grab a dictionary on that one.

Anyway, I wonder how you watch Spurs games.. As example, last night...

During the game "Hm, Tony looking pretty good in his return, making alot of things happen for the Team"

Post-game: "Hmm.... lemme check advanced metrics.. Ahh!! Parker had a NEGATIVE +/-!! Looks like he wasn't that impactful after all muhahaha"

Because I doubt you were watching and thinking "This Parker guy needs to be put on the bench, he's hurting the Spurs"