korver might set a career high in 3s tonight

Kidbasketball20
12-22-2014, 08:54 PM
Love this Mavs team.

Can't wait till they sign Lin next season as the 6th man

Richesly
12-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Game is in 30 mins.

This is the biggest respect game the Hawks will have played so far, and that's after beating CHI, CLE, and HOU.

Derka
12-22-2014, 09:45 PM
Should be a good game, no Teague though. This is my game for tonight.

ProfessorMurder
12-22-2014, 09:54 PM
That Rondo steal and outlet :applause:

JohnnyBravo5
12-22-2014, 10:03 PM
Spurs East

Real14
12-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Teague will not be playing.

Who ya guys got?

Mavs:applause:

PsychoBe
12-22-2014, 10:25 PM
what is wrong with jeff teague?

Richesly
12-22-2014, 10:26 PM
what is wrong with jeff teague?

Sore hamstring.

PsychoBe
12-22-2014, 10:33 PM
i thought the hawks wouldn't have the defensive versatility to go along with their offense to make them an elite team.

i was wrong

atljonesbro
12-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Monta Ellis have it all :roll:

Richesly
12-22-2014, 10:38 PM
i thought the hawks wouldn't have the defensive versatility to go along with their offense to make them an elite team.

i was wrong

If the Hawks had a shitty defense, I would not be hyping them up so much.

atljonesbro
12-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Dennis is a god :bowdown:

JohnnyBravo5
12-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Wunderbar!

NastaMaverick
12-22-2014, 11:00 PM
rough game so far. atlanta defense doin theyre thing and dennis schroeder playin grown man basketball.

ProfessorMurder
12-22-2014, 11:01 PM
That was the dumbest thing I think I've seen Dirk do. :oldlol:

atljonesbro
12-22-2014, 11:02 PM
Dennis is making Rondo look like a clown holy fu*k

ProfessorMurder
12-22-2014, 11:06 PM
Dennis is making Rondo look like a clown holy fu*k
That must be why his last three baskets have been scored on Dirk twice and Chandler.

Richesly
12-22-2014, 11:10 PM
That must be why his last three baskets have been scored on Dirk twice and Chandler.

It's okay man, not many teams can play as good as the Hawks.

JohnnyBravo5
12-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Reminds me when Antonio Tarver beats Roy Jones the 2nd time. "What are you gonna say now!"

ProfessorMurder
12-22-2014, 11:13 PM
It's okay man, not many teams can play as good as the Hawks.
I'm not upset. The Mavs clearly have awful interior and help defense issues. :confusedshrug:

Never said the Hawks weren't good either.

PsychoBe
12-22-2014, 11:42 PM
atlanta still needs that all-star to score consistently down the stretch

Richesly
12-22-2014, 11:43 PM
atlanta still needs that all-star to score consistently down the stretch

Honestly hawks just look really tired lol. They played PERFECT defense the first 3 quarters and you can tell they are taking a breather.

dbugz
12-22-2014, 11:52 PM
Mavs defensive rotation is awful. Probably the worst in the league.

creepingdeath
12-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Awful turnovers by Dirk and Ellis...

creepingdeath
12-23-2014, 12:06 AM
What a weird way to end the game... :roll: If only Ellis had made that shot..

masonanddixon
12-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Dirk lost that game for Dallas

rezznor
12-23-2014, 12:14 AM
4 pts from dirk's replacement?

DMAVS41
12-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Well...I like how Rondo is playing a lot actually, but the problem with this team is defense...and it's just almost impossible to have a solid defense with Parsons and Dirk out there that much.

Another backup big will help...and chemistry will come, but we just don't need Parsons on this team.

Needed Ariza. That lack of wing defense hurts far more than Parsons allegedly better offense does.

DMAVS41
12-23-2014, 12:16 AM

Yep. Had nothing to do with our 17 million dollar man getting ****ing owned by
DeMarre Carroll.

Hotlantadude81
12-23-2014, 12:21 AM
Shitty effort in the second Hal..feels like a loss.

masonanddixon
12-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Yep. Had nothing to do with our 17 million dollar man getting ****ing owned by
DeMarre Carroll.

He was guarding Korver most of the time and did a fine job.

Dirk's 8 million turnovers and the stupid ass pass to Scroeder to close the half ruined any chances of winning.

DMAVS41
12-23-2014, 12:27 AM
He was guarding Korver most of the time and did a fine job.

Dirk's 8 million turnovers and the stupid ass pass to Scroeder to close the half ruined any chances of winning.

Dirk had 3 turnovers.

I don't care who he was guarding....both Korver and Carroll outplayed him. LOL

masonanddixon
12-23-2014, 12:34 AM
Dirk had 3 turnovers.

I don't care who he was guarding....both Korver and Carroll outplayed him. LOL

No they didn't. Caroll didn't do shit. It was Schroeder having the game of his life and the Mavs playing like they didn't care, in particular, Dirk.

DMAVS41
12-23-2014, 12:37 AM
No they didn't. Caroll didn't do shit. It was Schroeder having the game of his life and the Mavs playing like they didn't care, in particular, Dirk.

Look dude...you have an agenda if you are going to sit here and honestly say Parsons did anything out there tonight.

He was nothing. Might as well not have played.

StephHamann
12-23-2014, 12:59 AM
They both played like shit. :confusedshrug:

It will take some time before the Rondo offense will click, but his defense is the best i saw on the PG position since JKidd.

If we add Smoove or JO this team will be fine.

masonanddixon
12-23-2014, 01:11 AM
Look dude...you have an agenda if you are going to sit here and honestly say Parsons did anything out there tonight.

He was nothing. Might as well not have played.

So you're blaming this on parsons? Get real, man.

The Hawks got anything and everything they wanted on the offensive end, whereas Dallas was taking tough contested shots all game long. They got their asses beat, plain and simple. But if you can't see that Dirk played with zero effort and was lazy as hell, there's no hope for you as a purported true fan of the Mavs.

hawksdogsbraves
12-23-2014, 01:38 AM
Schroder :applause:

Millsap :applause:

Carroll :applause:

Hawks :applause:

Could not be happier with how this team is playing :bowdown:

DMAVS41
12-23-2014, 01:40 AM
So you're blaming this on parsons? Get real, man.

The Hawks got anything and everything they wanted on the offensive end, whereas Dallas was taking tough contested shots all game long. They got their asses beat, plain and simple. But if you can't see that Dirk played with zero effort and was lazy as hell, there's no hope for you as a purported true fan of the Mavs.

Did I say I thought Dirk played well? Nope. I just simply said Parsons was worse.

Which he clearly was. At least Dirk is out there setting screens and drawing defenders and manufacturing some stuff in the post.

What did Parsons do tonight? Like I said...he got severely outplayed by Korver/Carroll.

And when you are making what Parsons is making...it's time to shoulder the burden of some expectations. A 4 point no show game at home just isn't gonna cut it.

hawksdogsbraves
12-23-2014, 01:42 AM
Chandler Parsons makes notably more money than anyone on the Hawks :rolleyes:

creepingdeath
12-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Take Ellis' d*ck out of your mouth for once. Total non-factor on both ends of the floor, horrible shooting, awful, lazy turnovers, and pushing his scoring average with garbage points in the 4th. According to you, he's the MVP and best player of the Mavs, so how about getting some share of the blame?

That being said, Dirk's body language was disgusting last night, and he, too, had his share of unnecessary turnovers. Parsons was also anemic, but since he rarely handled the ball, shot very little, and at least hustled on the defensive end, he doesn't hurt the team as much as, say, our main ball handler...

Real14
12-23-2014, 07:19 AM
This game was an obvious giveaway game. Dallas didn't play their best tonight, didn't seem that interested. Hawks should be grateful.

masonanddixon
12-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Take Ellis' d*ck out of your mouth for once. Total non-factor on both ends of the floor, horrible shooting, awful, lazy turnovers, and pushing his scoring average with garbage points in the 4th. According to you, he's the MVP and best player of the Mavs, so how about getting some share of the blame?

That being said, Dirk's body language was disgusting last night, and he, too, had his share of unnecessary turnovers. Parsons was also anemic, but since he rarely handled the ball, shot very little, and at least hustled on the defensive end, he doesn't hurt the team as much as, say, our main ball handler...

Yeah Monta had a subpar game by his standards but as you stated, Dirk's body language was disgusting. Considering how well Monta has been playing all season I don't really mind one bad game. And at least he was still aggressive.

Dirk's been playing average at best these past ten games and has looked disinterested/no longer effective in at least half of them. I also hate this strategy of him taking 3s, long 2s to keep him fresher for the playoffs. He may as well not be playing if thats the case

DMAVS41
12-23-2014, 11:47 AM

At some point...and it might be right now with this team...we have to accept the fact that Dirk is no longer what he was even the last couple years. Especially on this team with so many offensive guys that want the ball in their hands. Dirk is now officially old. Doesn't mean he isn't good, but just means you are going to see a lot more nights like this where he looks out of it. His defense/rebounding has dropped off considerably and he's in a shooting slump. He'll get out of the slump, but Parsons, Ellis, and Rondo need to be the main aggressors with Dirk feasting on action off them. Ellis has done a good job of that so far this year, but Parsons hasn't.

Also, with Ellis, if he is now the leader/best player of this team...it comes with a heavy burden. You can't have games where he makes no impact until the game is already decided or...well...the game will already be decided.

We paid Parsons the max and he's not impacting the games like close to that. Some of it is his fault...some of it is the nature of our team...but this is why I said I wanted Ariza and filler. We don't need Parsons. We need a sharpshooting 3 and D guy that doesn't need the ball to have an impact. Especially now that we have Rondo.

People will blame Rondo is this Mavs team falls apart, but it was already on the verge of that. We have been terrible against good teams and had run up and inflated record going 12-2 against the East.

I do think with Rondo this team has an upside we didn't have before the trade, but winning games in the regular season is now going to be harder because our offense will take time and might not ever reach the levels it was previously. But that is a regular season fool's gold type thing...we'll be more dangerous in the playoffs with this current team if we make it.

Need to add another big obviously...and I'd like to see Aminu play more.