PDA

View Full Version : anyone know a good free eBook site ??

NZStreetBaller
12-23-2014, 04:36 AM
title.

ZeN
12-23-2014, 11:50 AM
What exactly are you looking for?

Most mainstream books can be found in torrent sites like kickasstorrents. Some more indie book novels can be found at mobilism.

russwest0
12-23-2014, 12:38 PM
piratebay

fiddy
12-23-2014, 12:45 PM
piratebay
beat me to it

wakencdukest
12-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Torrent sites are limited, you have to look through huge groups of books to find titles you want, it's kind of a pain in the ass. I've been using a site called Bookzz, it's the best one I've found so far.

BurningHammer
12-23-2014, 01:10 PM
http://vgresearcher.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/mikuru-google-rolf.jpg

robert de niro
12-23-2014, 01:18 PM
there you go (http://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/hrgmv/tracker_with_pdfsebooks_of_college_textbooks/c1xrq44)

Batz
12-23-2014, 01:20 PM
I use primarily: http://ebookee.org/

fiddy
12-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Torrent sites are limited, you have to look through huge groups of books to find titles you want, it's kind of a pain in the ass. I've been using a site called Bookzz, it's the best one I've found so far.
too lazy to get stuff for free? usually ebook torrents have description of the titles included ctrl + f and you are done.

wakencdukest
12-23-2014, 02:15 PM
too lazy to get stuff for free? usually ebook torrents have description of the titles included ctrl + f and you are done.

You can't find a whole lot of individual titles. There's a bunch of epub dumps and mobi torrents, but they are full of romance novels and other bullshit that I don't want. Bookzz is definitely better, you enter the book name and you get a list of that book in various formats, epub, mobi, pdf, etc. Believe me, I've searched and searched the torrent sites and yes, I have found some books, but I've found almost all the books I've been looking for for months in a matter of minutes on bookzz.

ZeN
12-23-2014, 02:35 PM
You can't find a whole lot of individual titles. There's a bunch of epub dumps and mobi torrents, but they are full of romance novels and other bullshit that I don't want. Bookzz is definitely better, you enter the book name and you get a list of that book in various formats, epub, mobi, pdf, etc. Believe me, I've searched and searched the torrent sites and yes, I have found some books, but I've found almost all the books I've been looking for for months in a matter of minutes on bookzz.
Torrent Search....

You're doing it wrong.

Kungfro
12-23-2014, 02:55 PM
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Bookz

rawimpact
10-29-2021, 11:47 AM
I just finished Sold on a Monday by Kristen McMorris... pretty good read. A lot of my books have come from amazon because they're included in the membership.

eurobum
11-01-2021, 09:33 AM
libgen.rs / libgen.fun
z-lib.org

if ISP block, there are lots of mirrors for each or use VPN

Kobe_Bryant
11-01-2021, 09:46 AM
ebooks don't really make much sense. I thought people liked to display the books they read on a shelf for guests. otherwise why bother being so pretentious and boring to the point where you watch words talking instead of people

imdaman99
11-01-2021, 10:36 AM
ebooks don't really make much sense. I thought people liked to display the books they read on a shelf for guests. otherwise why bother being so pretentious and boring to the point where you watch words talking instead of people

Oh shut up already. Now you don't think people should read books? Do you realize reading is an escape for people? Maybe if you read more, you would troll less on this website.

I have a Kindle paperwhite. It's great because you can put literally thousands of books and read them almost as easy as a paperback book, with e-ink.

Kobe_Bryant
11-01-2021, 11:36 AM
Oh shut up already. Now you don't think people should read books? Do you realize reading is an escape for people? Maybe if you read more, you would troll less on this website.

I have a Kindle paperwhite. It's great because you can put literally thousands of books and read them almost as easy as a paperback book, with e-ink.

don't people read enough on the internet. I spend all day reading on a screen. last thing I wanna do is take a break from that to read more on a screen or page

I mean if you're traveling an hour to work and back home every day or you're constipated daily then I can understand having a book on hand in the washroom. especially if one ever realizes just how covered with fecal matter phones get and then they lay them down on the dinner table or restaurant table while eating. then I can understand. or you're in a loveless marriage or you Hate your children and you wanna get away from them for a while. then sure ..

but I'm not in any of these situations. and you also need to be lacking in artistic ability to enjoy reading. people who are really good at art tend to be more visual and forget names a lot without word association. so those people would be bored to death reading a book.

but again I don't see how in today's world where people are glued to their phones and laptops would wanna glue themselves to an e reader or book unless they plan on displaying the books like trophies and having discussions with other hipsters about how the books are far superior to the movies or shows on the subject.

baudkarma
11-01-2021, 02:30 PM
Let's see... there's a place here in town that lets people borrow books for free. If I could just remember... oh yeah. The Public Library! Libraries these days have a vast selection of e-books available to anyone with a library card. Once you have your card, you can log into your account from just about anywhere and then select a book to read. You also get all the other benefits of a library membership. If all the copies of a popular book are checked out, you can put a hold on the next copy that becomes available. IF there's a book that you really want to read but your local library doesn't have it, they can usually borrow a copy of the book from a neighboring and make it available to you.