PDA

View Full Version : Flip Saunders: T-Wolves fans will never forgive K-Love for forcing his way out

Hey Yo
12-23-2014, 02:44 PM
But he also said Kevin deserved a max deal

"Kevin Love might still be a member of the Timberwolves this season, had the man previously making the basketball decisions in Minnesota given him a max contract back in 2012.

The much-maligned David Kahn and owner Glen Taylor decided to save that money for Ricky Rubio, while giving Love a four-year deal with an opt-out after three

Myth
12-23-2014, 04:33 PM
I think most Minnesotans have given up on the Wolves just as Love did, so they don't care.

Sammyzuko
12-23-2014, 05:24 PM
On Monday, Saunders said Love’s departure was “pretty much set in stone the minute he got his four-year contract” and stated Timberwolves fans won’t ever forgive Love for forcing his way out.
Signs four year contract for good money and immediately pouts about not getting five years. Hard to respect a grown man getting paid millions to play a game, yet he acts like an entitled child.

Haymaker
12-23-2014, 05:29 PM
It's easy to blame Love. Why not accept the fact that they failed to make it work while he was there?

Kevin Durant
12-23-2014, 05:29 PM
I feel like it would be 50-50% for Minnesotans on Love. Given the fact he didn't really force his way out nor didn't really complain like Melo or any other superstar that hated his current situation, but still he isn't a Kevin Garnett.

russwest0
12-23-2014, 05:31 PM
It's easy to blame Love. Why not accept the fact that they failed to make it work while he was there?

It was kind of both Love and the T'Wolves fault.

Love isn't a guy who will take you very far as "the guy" but he didn't exactly play for a team that was building a solid foundation around him either.

I just know that if I was a T'Wolves fan whenever that Love trade went down my initial reaction would be good riddance.

gigantes
12-23-2014, 05:35 PM
stars and superstars do this shit all the time... fans take it personally all the time. so what else is new?

Heavincent
12-23-2014, 05:37 PM
They don't care. They didn't even care when Love was there. He wasn't some beloved player like Vince Carter in Toronto or something.

Shit, the Wolves don't even have fans anymore.

Taller than CP3
12-23-2014, 06:23 PM
lol what fans

JellyBean
12-23-2014, 06:59 PM
Speaking as a season ticket holder of the Timberwolves, I already forgave K-Love for leaving Minnesota. We have no direction here. Why stay and people dump on you when the team fails to make the playoffs? Why stay and people want you to make the playoffs but they are not surrounding you with playoff type players?

Legends66NBA7
12-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Speaking as a season ticket holder of the Timberwolves, I already forgave K-Love for leaving Minnesota. We have no direction here. Why stay and people dump on you when the team fails to make the playoffs? Why stay and people want you to make the playoffs but they are not surrounding you with playoff type players?

Sound post.

MavsSuperFan
12-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Love is just a good player. He is no where close to a franchise player of a winning team.

I dont even see the big loss. As a second or 3rd option he is playing the role he deserves