PDA

View Full Version : When you have a concern and people answer it with blind optimism.... Pisses me off...

russwest0
12-23-2014, 04:19 PM
This pisses me off more than anything.

To give you all an example of what I'm talking about, I had a job interview a week ago and it went decent but it was a great job and I didn't think I'd get it. I talked to my family about it and whenever I said I didn't think I had the job they ALL snapped back with "Oh no way, I'm sure you got it. Be positive!" And a bunch of dumbass shit like that. And basically the HR lady told me they wanted to decide the position by friday, I haven't heard from her since, as time drags on I don't think I have the job, as f*cking expected.

You know what you should do in that situation when someone has a concern about something like that? You know, maybe ask questions, talk them through it, see what there concerns are, etc... Shit like that helps people feel more at ease with their situation and more comfortable rather than just throwing blind optimism their way...

My first semester of college I didn't even want to f*cking go and my whole entire family drowned me with blind optimism.... The result? Straight F's because I didn't give a shit and didn't want to be there.

I'm just tired of dumbass people who think positivity is the answer to everything rather than knowing when a sense of realism is needed. I mean I'm someone who considers myself an optimist but that doesn't mean I just go around blindly expecting everything to work out great all the time.

Rant over.

Budadiiii
12-23-2014, 04:22 PM
That's usually what fathers are for.

Trouble in that department man?

russwest0
12-23-2014, 04:24 PM

I talk to my dad maybe 4-5 times a year.

He came into my work a while back and I was on register and started ringing him out expecting him to notice me, and he didn't until I said "hey dad" and then he said "oh hey, didn't recognize you there" but I had a line so we couldn't chat much.

He's basically just a really weird guy who lives a super sheltered life and just someone I haven't talked to much since he divorced my mom a while back.

gts
12-23-2014, 04:25 PM
if it's any consolation to you... I wouldn't hire you, if you come off 1/10th as depressing in real life as you do on ISH you're going to have a hard time finding good work

Is that what you're looking for?

russwest0
12-23-2014, 04:28 PM
if it's any consolation to you... I wouldn't hire you, if you come off 1/10th as depressing in real life as you do on ISH you're going to have a hard time finding good work

Is that what you're looking for?

I don't come off as depressing in real life, If people in a work environment had to describe me it'd probably be like friendly, polite, nice, etc. I literally get comments like "You're so sweet" from coworkers like everyday man.

It's just sometimes I think about shit when I'm by myself like how ****ing stupid so many people are yet everyone keeps having kids and shit. And so many people just run around with blind optimism until one day shit doesn't all work out and they get blindsided like a dumbass.

Myth
12-23-2014, 04:37 PM
This pisses me off more than anything.

To give you all an example of what I'm talking about, I had a job interview a week ago and it went decent but it was a great job and I didn't think I'd get it. I talked to my family about it and whenever I said I didn't think I had the job they ALL snapped back with "Oh no way, I'm sure you got it. Be positive!" And a bunch of dumbass shit like that. And basically the HR lady told me they wanted to decide the position by friday, I haven't heard from her since, as time drags on I don't think I have the job, as f*cking expected.

You know what you should do in that situation when someone has a concern about something like that? You know, maybe ask questions, talk them through it, see what there concerns are, etc... Shit like that helps people feel more at ease with their situation and more comfortable rather than just throwing blind optimism their way...

My first semester of college I didn't even want to f*cking go and my whole entire family drowned me with blind optimism.... The result? Straight F's because I didn't give a shit and didn't want to be there.

I'm just tired of dumbass people who think positivity is the answer to everything rather than knowing when a sense of realism is needed. I mean I'm someone who considers myself an optimist but that doesn't mean I just go around blindly expecting everything to work out great all the time.

Rant over.

Cheer up, man. I'm sure it will all work out. I bet you will get the job. Take that shit eater.

russwest0
12-23-2014, 04:39 PM
Cheer up, man. I'm sure it will all work out. I bet you will get the job.

Doesn't matter if I do or don't, my point still stands.

If you're an acquaintance, friend, family member, etc, and we're chilling out and start talking and I bring up a concern and the first thing you reply with is blind optimism, chances are I'm going to instantly write you off as a dumbass and talk to you less from there on.

Jailblazers7
12-23-2014, 05:17 PM
They're probably just trying to balance out your constant negativity. Take a ****ing hint.

russwest0
12-23-2014, 05:23 PM
They're probably just trying to balance out your constant negativity. Take a ****ing hint.

I'm not even that negative. If anything I fall on the optimistic side.

HitandRun Reggie
12-23-2014, 05:38 PM
He came into my work a while back and I was on register and started ringing him out expecting him to notice me, and he didn't until I said "hey dad" and then he said "oh hey, didn't recognize you there" but I had a line so we couldn't chat much.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnifh1ls8X1qf7gpu.gif

TylerOO
12-23-2014, 06:56 PM
all this virgin does is bitch and moan

Myth
12-23-2014, 06:59 PM
all this virgin does is bitch and moan

Well now his negativity makes sense.

russwest0
12-23-2014, 07:02 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnifh1ls8X1qf7gpu.gif

lol what?

i got glasses since we last saw eachother and thinned out a bit and my dad isn't someone who likes shopping so he most likely only glanced up once, saw some guy with glasses, and didn't care to look further.

it's not like I care either way. I like my family but I don't have any expectations of them caring about me or any shit like that.

Jello
12-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Straight f's in a communication major because you "didn't want to be there." You're a child. :hammerhead:

russwest0
12-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Straight f's in a communication major because you "didn't want to be there." You're a child. :hammerhead:

I was a computer science major for my first year and a half of college. :hammerhead:

and I was working 40 hour weeks in the fall, my whole entire family just kept bringing up college and ignoring every retort with blind optimism man.

Jello
12-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Even worse, you failed first year computer science classes. :hammerhead: Dumb and irresponsible. Gl with finding your dream secretary job. :oldlol:

russwest0
12-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Even worse, you failed first year computer science classes. :hammerhead: Dumb and irresponsible. Gl with finding your dream secretary job. :oldlol:

even after having that semester on my record my cumulative GPA right now is almost at a 3.0 and likely will be after next semester, which I'll be a junior after.

failing my first semester of college was a turning point in my life and I'm not ashamed of it at all. I just worked a ton and chose to sleep in a bunch and skip classes and didn't mentally feel ready for college at all. It was a tough point in my life then, dealing with a bunch of bullshit, didn't help when family members would call me up and say "you're a ****ing loser" and then hang up the phone.

Also if I graduate college I'll be the first in my family to do so, including my mom's side, dad's side, my aunts, uncles, etc.

So you saying whatever you are saying doesn't matter man.

KyrieTheFuture
12-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Russ, what are you trying to accomplish by complaining about your life day in and day out in here? Change your life if you want to be happy. You have a horrendous outlook on life and you won't be happy in a free blowjob convention if that's how you live.

russwest0
12-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Russ, what are you trying to accomplish by complaining about your life day in and day out in here? Change your life if you want to be happy. You have a horrendous outlook on life and you won't be happy in a free blowjob convention if that's how you live.

Who said I wasn't happy brah, I was addressing a problem that so many people do.

DonD13
12-24-2014, 02:55 AM
don't worry bro u b aight

Im so nba'd out
12-24-2014, 02:58 AM
Things always get better man it won't be bad forever.Pucker up champ you will knock the next custodian job interview right out of the park :applause:

Goon Time
12-24-2014, 03:01 AM
i can tell you with great certainty that you will never amount to what you hoped you might, real talk. you should start making peace with finding something tolerable and realistic to do with yourself because you are not exceptional or motivated enough to reach higher levels

Timmy D for MVP
12-24-2014, 03:41 AM
"I'm concerned because I have no confidence in my ability to get this job and therefore am convincing myself that I didn't with negativity."

"I am attempting to make you feel better by boosting your confidence and hopefully causing you to not worry about it so much because your confident you at least deserve it."

"**** you. That doesn't help because everyone should be as negative as I am right now."

Did you at any point say: Hey, no I really want to talk about this for reals?

There are situations where this is annoying, but your example was not one of them. It sounds to me like you want them to confirm your fears, and wallow with you in them.

GimmeThat
12-24-2014, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't necessarily say "it pisses me off"

I'd just think to myself

"you people got no idea how much of a conniving old snake I am, huh"

GimmeThat
12-24-2014, 11:20 AM

it's why people read books

and don't mistaken me here, read is absolutely in past tense.

NZStreetBaller
12-25-2014, 01:56 AM
I'm not even that negative. If anything I fall on the optimistic side.

By betting that you have the worst job on ISH??

you dont complain about everything on ISH and then claim your happy and optimistic....

Heres the thing if you complain about your problems your actually drawing focus on your problems by reviewing them. and in return your problems will continue to appear because sub consciously your searching for them and you'll keep finding them.

CavaliersFTW
12-25-2014, 02:04 AM
Things will get better man, they always do :cheers:

macmac
12-26-2014, 03:36 AM
I hate blind optimists too.

They always say stupid shit like, "maybe they will be able to cure me one day and I'll be able to see again..." Or "this dog will really improve my quality of life and make sure I don't get run over..."

I mean, Shut the fukk up already. I've been sitting here, flipping you the bird for like five whole minutes and you're still spewing that positive bullshiit I ain't trying to hear.

I much prefer deaf pessimists. Because they pronounciate funny so even their bitching is entertaining. Plus when I flip them off they get the message.