PDA

View Full Version : Willing to bet I have the best job out of all ISH posters.

hateraid
12-23-2014, 04:45 PM
-Pays just over $100,000
-I set my own schedule and only work in the field 4 days of the week.
-My HO is in Dallas so I work independently running my territory
-I work in the field I was educated to do. I get to talk about supplements
-I get to work at building businesses with retail and store owners, educating them on my product, and helping them sell
-I get a paid expense account to entertain my customers for dinners, drinks, tickets....
-I get a travel allowance to go anywhere I want as long as it is work related (Eastern Area restricted), including my trips to Columbus for the Arnold's and Vegas for the Olympia are 100% covered.
-I have unlimited access to any sports supplement my company makes
-I have $750 expensed to me monthly for automobile, $150 for mobile phone, and $100 for home phone and internet. Including 100% office supplies written off.
-I get bonuses for hitting sales targets in my area of an additional $100 monthly
-My home is my office so part of that is tax deductible
-I get to constantly meet professional athletes, bodybuilders, and MMA fighters
-I get gym memberships paid for because fitness is part of the job description
-I get 3 weeks paid vacation

Lets see if anyone can top me.

russwest0
12-23-2014, 04:49 PM
sounds epic.

hateraid
12-23-2014, 04:57 PM
How strong are you though?

Very.
I can hit a tennis ball so hard it can blast right through a chain linked fence

hateraid
12-23-2014, 04:58 PM
but do u have a bae doe?

Yup, and she makes good coin too. She aight

Myth
12-23-2014, 04:59 PM
-Pays just over $1,000,000
-I set my own schedule and only work in the field 3 days of the week.
-My HOES are in the kitchen so I work independently running my territory
-I work in the field I was educated to do. I get to talk about whatever I want
-I get to work at a vacation resort and spa with anybody I want
-I get a paid expense account to entertain myself with dinners, drinks, tickets....
-I get a travel allowance to go anywhere I want even if it isn't work related (nothing restricted), including my trips to anywhere are 100% covered.
-I have unlimited access to any sports supplement hateraid's company makes
-I have $1000 expensed to me monthly for automobile, $250 for mobile phone, and $200 for home phone and internet. Including 100% office supplies written off.
-I get bonuses for hitting people in my area of an additional $1000 monthly
-My home is my office so all of that is tax deductible
-I get to constantly meet professional athletes, bodybuilders, MMA fighters, entertainers, and models
-I get gym memberships paid for because fitness is a hobby of mine
-I get 4 weeks paid vacation

I think I beat the OP.

BurningHammer
12-23-2014, 05:00 PM
So you are a high class prostitute? :confusedshrug:

riseagainst
12-23-2014, 05:02 PM
great job, obviously. But do you even lift?

riseagainst
12-23-2014, 05:03 PM
How much protein do you eat in a day?

All of them.

hateraid
12-23-2014, 05:07 PM
-Pays just over $1,000,000
-I set my own schedule and only work in the field 3 days of the week.
-My HOES are in the kitchen so I work independently running my territory
-I work in the field I was educated to do. I get to talk about whatever I want
-I get to work at a vacation resort and spa with anybody I want
-I get a paid expense account to entertain myself with dinners, drinks, tickets....
-I get a travel allowance to go anywhere I want even if it isn't work related (nothing restricted), including my trips to anywhere are 100% covered.
-I have unlimited access to any sports supplement hateraid's company makes
-I have $1000 expensed to me monthly for automobile, $250 for mobile phone, and $200 for home phone and internet. Including 100% office supplies written off.
-I get bonuses for hitting people in my area of an additional $1000 monthly
-My home is my office so all of that is tax deductible
-I get to constantly meet professional athletes, bodybuilders, MMA fighters, entertainers, and models
-I get gym memberships paid for because fitness is a hobby of mine
-I get 4 weeks paid vacation

I think I beat the OP.

Boss, is that you? you're not supposed to know I'm on ISH!
You know I'm on Holidays right? I sent my vacation request a month ago :cheers:

hateraid
12-23-2014, 05:08 PM

I don't have to. I just show my gym membership

Batz
12-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Didn't even get me a Christmas present what a guy. :biggums:

hateraid
12-23-2014, 05:09 PM
How much protein do you eat in a day?

Supplement wise? Whenever I crave and primarily after workout.

Food wise, quite a bit. My meals comprise of mostly protein.

hateraid
12-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Didn't even get me a Christmas present what a guy. :biggums:

It's in the mail. I swear
If you didn't get it, blame it on the postal service.

russwest0
12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
hateraid bro, if I'm 6'0 tall and sitting at 160 pounds and 10-11% body fat how would you reccomend spot burning fat?

I'm already at a healthy weight but still have too much fat on my chest.

do I need to intake more protein and just do a bunch of different chest workouts?

Batz
12-23-2014, 05:13 PM
It's in the mail. I swear
If you didn't get it, blame it on the postal service.
I can't trust you anymore. :biggums:

Jailblazers7
12-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Sounds like a sweet gig, man. Congrats.

But honestly, I don't think I'd want it. Just not the type of work I'm interested in and not an industry where I'd ever want a job. You could argue that you have the best compensation package but I'd still prob be pretty miserable doing that job because it isn't for me. The job is all about the fit so everyone could come in and say they have the "best" job and no one would be wrong. Glad to hear you love yours tho.

hateraid
12-23-2014, 05:25 PM
hateraid bro, if I'm 6'0 tall and sitting at 160 pounds and 10-11% body fat how would you reccomend spot burning fat?

I'm already at a healthy weight but still have too much fat on my chest.

do I need to intake more protein and just do a bunch of different chest workouts?

A combination of both.
But in regards to burning fat in one particular area it is attributed to following a specific exercise. Try different combinations of different exercises.

Try the fitness thread with that question because they may be more equipt to answer that for you

Good luck bro :cheers:

hateraid
12-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Sounds like a sweet gig, man. Congrats.

But honestly, I don't think I'd want it. Just not the type of work I'm interested in and not an industry where I'd ever want a job. You could argue that you have the best compensation package but I'd still prob be pretty miserable doing that job because it isn't for me. The job is all about the fit so everyone could come in and say they have the "best" job and no one would be wrong. Glad to hear you love yours tho.

Thanks bro :cheers:
I mainly posted this because I get paid do do exactly what I wanted and set out to do. My passion growing up was nutrition and I am getting coin and perks do do what makes me happy. I love what I do, what comes with the job is just incentive. Plus I get to see our Sixers lose on the house :cheers:

Im so nba'd out
12-23-2014, 05:32 PM
I bet you're still not happy

hateraid
12-23-2014, 05:59 PM
I bet you're still not happy

Generally the sentiments coming from a person that is not happy.
Care to share? I'm here for you on these lonely holidays

russwest0
12-23-2014, 06:09 PM
A combination of both.
But in regards to burning fat in one particular area it is attributed to following a specific exercise. Try different combinations of different exercises.

Try the fitness thread with that question because they may be more equipt to answer that for you

Good luck bro :cheers:

Thanks for the advice man. Good to see someone doing so well still putting aside some time to help out the little people :bowdown:

I'm going to work my ass off to burn this chest fat off. It'll be gone in 3 months tops. that's a guarantee.

LJJ
12-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Jeff rakes in millions a year doing nothing but copy pasting rumors from twitter. And he won't even give us a search function!

http://i.imgur.com/jg5sj20.gif

http://i.imgur.com/7MkZyhb.gif

triangleoffense
12-23-2014, 08:00 PM
this

also it sounds like you don't love what you do and that your essentially a glorified salesman

May i ask what your title or what it essentially is? I know nutritionists get paid fairly well as I'm in the same general field as well (healthcare/kinesiology undergrad) but there are also a lot of cranks in the field and most of them post on obscure internet sites bragging about their salary..

Knicks101
12-23-2014, 08:04 PM
Brakus??

Never heard of him, googled it.

http://wrestler.wrestling123.com/pic/2d/a8/achim-albrecht-picture-2.jpg
My God. What supplements will make me look like OP?

alenleomessi
12-23-2014, 08:05 PM
if you're gonna brag about it might as well send a protein tub over here :cheers:

L.Kizzle
12-23-2014, 08:08 PM
Show-off.

9erempiree
12-23-2014, 08:09 PM
if you're gonna brag about it might as well send a protein tub over here :cheers:

Basically this.

OP should be hooking us up with some supplements.

triangleoffense
12-23-2014, 08:10 PM
so basically a crank with no formal education soft-peddling psuedoscientific bro protein shakes to other bros? See a lot of that in the "field" these days

I don't make as much money but am much more content treating clinical and injured populations recover from serious injuries than from trying to pitch horrible products on laypeople and feel like shit at night for doing so. Also since I actually have a "formal" education (state university, B.S) that in the long run will probably mean I will make more money as people cannot help getting injured (especially in tough economies) and thus having to pay or get their insurance to pay for rehab vs trying to sell people shit they don't need in a bad economy.

/dick sizing contest over?

BTW people with real wealth have the grace to not flaunt their monies or lackthereof on basketball forums or feel the need to shout their awesome i get the moneyz type potential online

9erempiree
12-23-2014, 08:19 PM
so basically a crank with no formal education soft-peddling psuedoscientific bro protein shakes to other bros? See a lot of that in the "field" these days

I don't make as much money but am much more content treating clinical and injured populations recover from serious injuries than from trying to pitch horrible products on laypeople and feel like shit at night for doing so. Also since I actually have a "formal" education (state university, B.S) that in the long run will probably mean I will make more money as people cannot help getting injured (especially in tough economies) and thus having to pay or get their insurance to pay for rehab vs trying to sell people shit they don't need in a bad economy.

BTW people with real wealth have the grace to not flaunt their monies or lackthereof on basketball forums or feel the need to shout their awesome i get the moneyz type potential online

He's just a salesman. No need to get butt hurt over it. While peddling supplements to the bros is all he's doing but someone has to do it.

If not him then someone else.

triangleoffense
12-23-2014, 08:26 PM
He's just a salesman. No need to get butt hurt over it. While peddling supplements to the bros is all he's doing but someone has to do it.

If not him then someone else.
Well I'm in the same general field as well so i was saying it to make a point, a responsible nutritionist shouldn't really be encouraging supplement use as nutritional uptake is more about absorption rates than it is about a magical bean pill that cures all.

I'm happy he's able to make 100thou promoting his awesome brand of supplements but the same value can be applied to drug dealing or other things of that sort.

Also having to brag to an off-topic basketball forum doesn't really prove that he's any more happier because of it. Plus trying to clarify what he actually does and being butthurt are a little different but I could have used better wording.

ace23
12-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Also having to brag to an off-topic basketball forum doesn't really prove that he's any more happier because of it. Plus trying to clarify what he actually does and being butthurt are a little different but I could have used better wording.
Fwiw this was in response to this thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363286

He would look like a dick otherwise. He actually still does but yea

triangleoffense
12-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Fwiw this was in response to this thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363286

He would look like a dick otherwise. He actually still does but yea
I didn't read the whole thread but why would he respond to a joke/satire thread by bragging that he makes 100k? Doesn't he know that there are people who work just as hard that barely make it past the poverty line? It's like those kids that brag about how much money mommy and daddy make... not as bad but it just seems to really show his true character..

again I can't read sarcasm on the interwebs but just seems like a really dick/low-life thing to do

anyways stay classy OTC! some epic level trolling by hateraid there just in time for the holidays, hope your with the people you love aka dolla dollar green yall

red1
12-23-2014, 08:48 PM
-Pays just over $100,000
-I get to work at building businesses with retail and store owners, educating them on my product, and helping them sell
-I get a paid expense account to entertain my customers for dinners, drinks, tickets....
-I get a travel allowance to go anywhere I want as long as it is work related (Eastern Area restricted), including my trips to Columbus for the Arnold's and Vegas for the Olympia are 100% covered.
-I have $750 expensed to me monthly for automobile, $150 for mobile phone, and $100 for home phone and internet. Including 100% office supplies written off.
-I get bonuses for hitting sales targets in my area of an additional $100 monthly

http://img.pandawhale.com/45018-Billy-Dee-Williams-clapping-gi-87wh.gif

Bless Mathews
12-23-2014, 08:54 PM
-Pays just over $100,000

You work for someone, the man.

I don't.

Game.

Set

Match

triangleoffense
12-23-2014, 08:56 PM
I still don't know if the OP is being serious or just seriously insecure

hateraid
12-23-2014, 09:27 PM
I still don't know if the OP is being serious or just seriously insecure
As ace pointed out I was bringing friendly satire in response to Russ's thread. With the layout and the friendly bantering I was doing throughout the thread I thought it was obvious. If I was really trying to brag I would have been sharp with some of the responses. As you can see the tone throughout the thread was light hearted jabs which I intended it for.
I also wanted posters to take the opportunity to be proud of what they do and post it. As mentioned guys like prime who have a great career to share. Also for my fellow ISH to be inspired by one of their own.
If you felt it was an opportunity to boast I'm sorry you took it the wrong way. I'm also sorry you feel that what I do is not in a truthful way. I'd love to discuss nutrition with you and fully invite you to share what you think when nutrition discussions are brought forward

waseem780
12-23-2014, 10:07 PM
so whats your job?

Knicks101
12-23-2014, 10:08 PM
Only way to mend this is to quit your job you braggart.

Batzman
12-23-2014, 10:23 PM
Macho got you all beat. He doesn't even job but he's on vacation and travelling every other month.

He's dead.

:biggums:

oarabbus
12-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Never heard of him, googled it.

http://wrestler.wrestling123.com/pic/2d/a8/achim-albrecht-picture-2.jpg
My God. What supplements will make me look like OP?

clen and tren

also I believe bdreason has the OP stomped. IIRC bd's net worth (according to him) is in the 7 figures, or maybe it was 8? Props.

IamRAMBO24
12-23-2014, 11:15 PM
Congratulations OP. Don't apologize for bragging. The only people who would get mad over this are the ones with sh*tty jobs. I'm surprise Russwest hasn't troll this thread yet. Being a highly successful man, I am happy for the people who has reached the pinnacle I am on. It gets lonely sometimes being so much better than everybody else, so it's always nice to see someone else achieve the same level of success.

hateraid
12-24-2014, 01:52 AM

Sorry, responding to this after the fact because I was still Christmas shopping...
Why do you assume because I work in this field I don't have formal education? I've mention many times that I'm certified in applied nutrition. I've even mentioned I went to a holistic college and studied practical herbalism and integrative healing.
Even though this was supposed to be a jovial thread, your assumption of me is rather ignorant. Actually many of my competitors and people in my industry have similar backgrounds.
And if you don't know the difference between a protein shake and protein from food, I question your education.
Too bad, this thread was supposed to be light-hearted. Don't mean to be offensive, but really, what you're trying to paint me as is all wrong. But you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

hateraid
12-24-2014, 01:58 AM
Congratulations OP. Don't apologize for bragging. The only people who would get mad over this are the ones with sh*tty jobs. I'm surprise Russwest hasn't troll this thread yet. Being a highly successful man, I am happy for the people who has reached the pinnacle I am on. It gets lonely sometimes being so much better than everybody else, so it's always nice to see someone else achieve the same level of success.

Thanks bro. i'm not apologizing for what I do. I've worked hard to where I've got, so no shame in sharing. I apologize people take things the wrong way. It's a shame that because people don't see eye to eye on what I do they automatically belittle it without any true understanding.
I've chose my path and that makes me happy. I support my family with it, and it gives us a little extra comfort. But I appreciate your words, even though you want to bang my wife. :lol

Im so nba'd out
12-24-2014, 02:55 AM
I hope you find happiness one day

Goon Time
12-24-2014, 02:58 AM
technically i think you're probably doing better than starface

triangleoffense
12-24-2014, 03:46 AM
Sorry, responding to this after the fact because I was still Christmas shopping...
Why do you assume because I work in this field I don't have formal education? I've mention many times that I'm certified in applied nutrition. I've even mentioned I went to a holistic college and studied practical herbalism and integrative healing.
Even though this was supposed to be a jovial thread, your assumption of me is rather ignorant. Actually many of my competitors and people in my industry have similar backgrounds.
And if you don't know the difference between a protein shake and protein from food, I question your education.
Too bad, this thread was supposed to be light-hearted. Don't mean to be offensive, but really, what you're trying to paint me as is all wrong. But you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

I wasn't trying to insult, just to clarify. Without knowing the context of the original post it was hard for me to gauge what message or purpose you were really trying to get across. That was probably my most snarky response to your post before I had somewhat realized that your post may have been in jest.

Again I didn't mean to assume anything, also in that same light i encourage you to read some of my other posts as knowing the difference between rates of absorption of nutrients is exactly why i'm so skeptical about the supplement market in general. So on the contrary to your point it is this reason that I do know fairly intimately the differences between consuming supplemental protein synthesized in a lab vs meat/plant based protein that has been exposed to natural metabolic processes along the same metabolic processes that we humans share with all other life on this planet.

But without getting sidetracked into other arguments I was just curious as to what your credentials are as far as a job title (not to get specific) or what particular certifications you may have. For example what licensing/certifying body is responsible for 'applied nutrition"? Also what exactly is a holistic school and what type of degrees would it offer in "herbalism and integrative healing"? At the risk of sounding crass these credentials you describe do indeed sound fairly obscure and difficult to quantity which is exactly why i expressed doubts to begin with.

Again it's hard to judge tone, context not to mention sarcasm on the internet so I don't want you to get defensive but you really haven't gotten too specific on what exactly qualifies you to speak on nutrition. For example do you have any titles after your name such as RD or LD? I have spent a lot of time in school just to have a put "B.S in Kinesiology" after my name on resumes so you can understand how it can sound to a professional when someone is either hesitant or dodgy in providing bona fides even if it is on an obscure internet forum. As I've stated in earlier posts I have a B.S from a major state university in exercise science/kinesiology, certified by ACSM (american college of sports medicine) and am working towards an M.S in occupational therapy.

triangleoffense
12-24-2014, 03:59 AM
The reason I posted anything at all is because as you are aware (or i hope you realize or are aware now) that there is a lot of misinformation on the topic of health, nutrition and exercise in general and that without a well grounded scientific approach as well as proper credentials it is impossible to know which types of advice would be right to take without either an extensive background knowledge on the subject or "formal education" as I stated in my earlier post.

My concern is that since there are a lot of laypersons on this forum that your posts, whether correctly informed or not, might entice others to take advice that is otherwise unsound.

anyways /rant over

Niytrus
12-24-2014, 04:03 AM
You work for someone, the man.

I don't.

this.

triangleoffense
12-24-2014, 04:08 AM
edit: lol t3h trolls

hateraid
12-24-2014, 04:15 AM
Again, not sure if serious or just seriously insecure... from my personal experience "people who have reached the pinnacle that you are clearly on" typically don't need to say so on an internet message board unless they really needed affirmation or possibly are just that vain.
I didn't post that.

triangleoffense
12-24-2014, 04:21 AM
I didn't post that.
lol I know, didn't mean to jump to any conclusions it's just late and i've had way too much coffee today.

Glad that you are doing well as no one person should have to feel ashamed for their accomplishments... wasn't trying to sound condescending it's just this field that I work in is sorta conflicted between those that have been exercising/living healthy their entire life (practical/applied) and those who have been studying how to exercise and life healthy (educational/empirical based). Again I'm sorry if i've offended you or come across as crass or assumptive.

Ether way if you want to have a serious discussion about nutrition, exercise science, metabolic growth or simply healthcare in general I'm game.

hateraid
12-24-2014, 04:54 AM
I wasn't trying to insult, just to clarify. Without knowing the context of the original post it was hard for me to gauge what message or purpose you were really trying to get across. That was probably my most snarky response to your post before I had somewhat realized that your post may have been in jest.

Again I didn't mean to assume anything, also in that same light i encourage you to read some of my other posts as knowing the difference between rates of absorption of nutrients is exactly why i'm so skeptical about the supplement market in general. So on the contrary to your point it is this reason that I do know fairly intimately the differences between consuming supplemental protein synthesized in a lab vs meat/plant based protein that has been exposed to natural metabolic processes along the same metabolic processes that we humans share with all other life on this planet.

But without getting sidetracked into other arguments I was just curious as to what your credentials are as far as a job title (not to get specific) or what particular certifications you may have. For example what licensing/certifying body is responsible for 'applied nutrition"? Also what exactly is a holistic school and what type of degrees would it offer in "herbalism and integrative healing"? At the risk of sounding crass these credentials you describe do indeed sound fairly obscure and difficult to quantity which is exactly why i expressed doubts to begin with.

Again it's hard to judge tone, context not to mention sarcasm on the internet so I don't want you to get defensive but you really haven't gotten too specific on what exactly qualifies you to speak on nutrition. For example do you have any titles after your name such as RD or LD? I have spent a lot of time in school just to have a put "B.S in Kinesiology" after my name on resumes so you can understand how it can sound to a professional when someone is either hesitant or dodgy in providing bona fides even if it is on an obscure internet forum. As I've stated in earlier posts I have a B.S from a major state university in exercise science/kinesiology, certified by ACSM (american college of sports medicine) and am working towards an M.S in occupational therapy.

I don't consider myself the be all and end all of nutrition. My background and willingness to share has lead people to address those questions to me. But I've always been open minded to all ideas. I've never shut anyone down for sharing their input. In fact many times I've spoken against the industry and revealed intimate details.
As for my educational background I admit most of it is pretty intermediate because I did all of it while still working for GNC. I got promoted to a position in the company that dealt with product development as well as third party product research (I got to be on the front lines to approve products for GNC sales as well formulated products). Part of the prerequisite to move into that position was to have a certification in nutrition. Since that time I was already a district manager I could not afford to vut hours for school so the company outsourced a program I could do correspondence accredited through the University of Florida and paid for it. I completed the course on my own while still working. That got me in my position. Through there I was part of a team that designed products and formulations including the first multi-pack.
While in that position I also had the opportunity to be introduced to a variety of different companies all fighting for shelf space in the stores. I took interest in a company that sold ayurvedic products and the rep guided me towards a private holistic college. The course was the prerequisite to become a Master Herbalist. I completed the first prerequisite which was Practical Herbalism. It taught the essential basics of identifying herbs, how to process them into medicinal products, and how to prescribe them. The integrative healing part is how that is tied to western medicine. To a lot of people it sounds hokie, but it is a fascinating world of ancient medicine.
I never advanced far into these courses because I learned and gained experience in my position with GNC, which eventually had me grow relations with all the companies I deal with. It lead me to the owner of Dymatize whom i grown a great relationship and took over as the Eastern sales manager dealing with product education and business relations. Essentially a salesman :lol . But I don't deal direct as we use distributors to move products throughout retail. I'm more of a brand ambassador.
And I do respect the route you've taken and the level of education you have. I never intended to disrespect you in any way. But I have encountered many times resistance to what I do from people in your level of expertise, but at the same time many of my colleagues, customers, and competition have similar education to you and are 100% behind sports nutrition. It's all perspective and approach. By no means is my industry based on selling miracles. True, there is alot of blind faith, but there is just as much blind faith in a doctor telling you to do/take certain things to cure a sickness. Just with what we do is to assist in filling gaps to help people get bigger, stronger, faster. My role is to educate both people and store owners on the matter.
Hopefully that gives you a little more insight about myself.

triangleoffense
12-24-2014, 05:15 AM
I don't consider myself the be all and end all of nutrition. My background and willingness to share has lead people to address those questions to me. But I've always been open minded to all ideas. I've never shut anyone down for sharing their input. In fact many times I've spoken against the industry and revealed intimate details.
As for my educational background I admit most of it is pretty intermediate because I did all of it while still working for GNC. I got promoted to a position in the company that dealt with product development as well as third party product research (I got to be on the front lines to approve products for GNC sales as well formulated products). Part of the prerequisite to move into that position was to have a certification in nutrition. Since that time I was already a district manager I could not afford to quit school so the company outsourced a program I could do correspondence accredited through the University of Florida. I completed the course on my own while still working. That got me in my position. Through there I was part of a team that designed products and formulations including the first multi-pack.
While in that position I also had the opportunity to be introduced to a variety of different companies all fighting for shelf space in the stores. I took interest in a company that sold ayurvedic products and the rep guided me towards a private holistic college. The course was the prerequisite to become a Master Herbalist. I completed the first prerequisite which was Practical Herbalism. It taught the essential basics of identifying herbs, how to process them into medicinal products, and how to prescribe them. The integrative healing part is how that is tied to western medicine. To a lot of people it sounds hokie, but it is a fascinating world of ancient medicine.
I never advanced far into these courses because I learned and gained experience in my position with GNC, which eventually had me grow relations with all the companies I deal with. It lead me to the owner of Dymatize whom i grown a great relationship and took over as the Eastern sales manager dealing with product education and business relations. Essentially a salesman :lol . But I don't deal direct as we use distributors to move products throughout retail. I'm more of a brand ambassador.
And I do respect the route you've taken and the level of education you have. I never intended to disrespect you in any way. But I have encountered many times resistance to what I do from people in your level of expertise, but at the same time many of my colleagues, customers, and competition have similar education to you and are 100% behind sports nutrition. It's all perspective and approach. By no means is my industry based on selling miracles. True, there is alot of blind faith, but there is just as much blind faith in a doctor telling you to do/take certain things to cure a sickness. Just with what we do is to assist in filling gaps to help people get bigger, stronger, faster. My role is to educate both people and store owners on the matter.
Hopefully that gives you a little more insight about myself.

i do appreciate your candor but in defense of the profession, and i say this as an only child of a neurosurgeon and a pulmonary physician (essentially an oncologist/cancer specialist) is that exactly to the contrary is that physicians and scientists always base their opinions and advice on solid empirical evidence, peer-reviewed and rigorously tested over and over again, this is the basis of the scientific method. Also based on what we know about pathology, etiology not to mention basic principles in biology and chemistry there are irrefutable facts about the healthcare of humans that simply cannot be ignored. One example i've mentioned earlier is the on-going debate between absorption levels of certain nutrients based upon supplement or "organic/natural" digestion. As I'm sure you are aware and as far as I know the only supplement that has been definitively proven to be just as efficient as "natural nutritional digestion and absorption" is vitamin d/calcium as the only other efficient way of getting that nutrient is through sunlight.

With that exception in mind I do agree with everything else you've just said about the nature of the healthcare/sports medicine field in general and respect your position on the matter. There is definitely a disconnect at times between the advice that a doctor may give and whether or not he takes his own advice which may not exactly work out on an applied/practical level since patients have a hard time taking advice from someone who doesn't practice what he preaches, so to speak. However that is not to say that there isn't just as many crank doctors out there as simply having a degree doesn't necessarily entitle you as an absolute authority on any subject matter, it just denotes that you've spent a long (sometimes very long) time in school studying said subject matter.

since you were polite enough to describe in detail many of your credentials I will say that I have also spent a long time studying exercise science and healthcare in general. Some notable courses i've taken are biomechanics/adv biomechanics, neuromuscular plasticity, cardiopulmonary physiology, exercise prescription, clinical physiology, among others. I've also had exceptional nutritional professors which is probably why i'm so passionate about that field in general as I had the pleasure of studying under Dr. Dan Benadart, PHD, LD, RD, LHS, etc (believe he has 5 phds) who was also the head nutritionist for the 1996 - 2004 olympic gold winning teams in gymnastics, track and marathon running, among others. He's pretty famous in nutritionist circles, is well published and works regularly with the Atlanta Falcons as their special nutritionist liason (not sure what his exact title is) and does consulting work with other high level/high profile athletes which I probably should not mention for liability reasons. He's also on the olympic nutritionist advisory board as are many other tenure ph.D professors who are employed at the program that I am in. I mentioned him by name since he is fairly well known and does teaching and lecturing work for many different universities.

I do respect your position as well and it seems like that you've worked very hard and are continuing to work very hard in better understanding the field and school of thought in which you a part of it. :cheers:

GimmeThat
12-24-2014, 10:07 AM
you know, statistically, people think they are skinnier than they really are when they look at the mirror

fiddy
12-24-2014, 10:29 AM
-Pays just over $100,000

everyone in bulgaria gets 20 days paid per the labor law

Raymone
12-24-2014, 01:20 PM
everyone in bulgaria gets 20 days paid per the labor law

Imagine the shock when they finally realize 20 days is shorter than 3 weeks.

oarabbus
12-25-2014, 05:13 AM
Hateraid

Is there a better post workout food than gin?

Drink whiskey you freak

dunksby
12-25-2014, 05:31 AM
Good for you man, a very tiny percentage get to do what they love let alone getting good bonuses along with it. :cheers:

ArbitraryWater
12-25-2014, 11:38 AM
primetime, bdreason, rezznor..

these gentlemen suceed at life :applause: