PDA

View Full Version : Kenyon Martin wants to be a Cav

JohnMax
12-24-2014, 08:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7XW5uZQ.png

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/547893038165815296

L.Kizzle
12-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Does this nigha still have Trina's lips tattooed on the side of his face? If I was him, I'd at least had her ass cheeks tatted on me.

J Shuttlesworth
12-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Everyone wants to play with LeBron :applause:

Just shows how good of a dude he is

JebronLames
12-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Yess

christian1923
12-24-2014, 08:33 PM

And irving, love, waiters, Marion :lol

rlsmooth775
12-24-2014, 08:56 PM

nah its only because of lebron lets keep it real

J Shuttlesworth
12-24-2014, 08:58 PM
you know i used to think guys like Marion hated LeBron's guts. then he joins the Cavs :applause:

IB Lance Stephenson wants to play with LeBron

gilalizard
12-24-2014, 09:37 PM

They see how stacked the Cavs are, how weak the East is, and how much help LeFlop gets from the refs, and rightly conclude the Cavs are going to have one of the easier paths to a ring in history.

J Shuttlesworth
12-24-2014, 09:50 PM
They see how stacked the Cavs are, how weak the East is, and how much help LeFlop gets from the refs, and rightly conclude the Cavs are going to have one of the easier paths to a ring in history.
Yep, that 17-10 record is sure appealing. They must think "OMG 5th place in the east? Team must be STACKED!"

Dengness9
12-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Yep, that 17-10 record is sure appealing. They must think "OMG 5th place in the east? Team must be STACKED!"

You are a joke. You really know how to push a Stan bandwagon agenda and downplay the talent level of the Cavs.

Fake ass heat fan fake ass cavs fan.

Prisoner of the moment pretending the 17-10 record proves they aren't stacked with 3 allstar/superstars.

Meticode
12-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Meh.

J Shuttlesworth
12-24-2014, 10:02 PM
You are a joke. You really know how to push a Stan bandwagon agenda and downplay the talent level of the Cavs.

Fake ass heat fan fake ass cavs fan.

Prisoner of the moment pretending the 17-10 record proves they aren't stacked with 3 allstar/superstars.

Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are only considered superstars by people like you trying to push an agenda to call the Cavs stacked. The only superstar PGs are Westbrook and CP3. Love is arguable, but anyone watching the Cavs this year knows how awful he is on defense. You're an idiot if you think having all stars on your team means you will win rings. There has to be chemistry and defense too. It's not as simple as you make it out to be.

Meticode
12-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are only considered superstars by people like you trying to push an agenda to call the Cavs stacked. The only superstar PGs are Westbrook and CP3. Love is arguable, but anyone watching the Cavs this year knows how awful he is on defense. You're an idiot if you think having all stars on your team means you will win rings. There has to be chemistry and defense too. It's not as simple as you make it out to be.
Biggest team I can think of was the early 2000 Blazers. Dudes were stacked, all-stars, great young players like Randolph, former all-stars. Couldn't get past the Lakers.

J Shuttlesworth
12-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Biggest team I can think of was the early 2000 Blazers. Dudes were stacked, all-stars, great young players like Randolph, former all-stars. Couldn't get past the Lakers.
Exactly. The Cavs are so flawed right now, I don't see them as a great FA destination anymore like they were in the summer. People are seeing how defensively weak the team is. It's a different story if they get a good rim protector over the summer, but this Cleveland team is far from "stacked" if they're struggling to get wins in the East.

I mean think about the Bulls. When you factor in defense, their big 3 doesn't seem that bad compared to the Cavs. Rose = MVP, Noah = DPOY, Jimmy Butler = nuff said. Obviously LeBron/Kyrie/Love are superior offensively, but the big 3's aren't all that far apart assuming Rose is healthy. Noah is obviously a much more impactful player than Love on defense and leaves his mark on the game. Sometimes, you hardly notice K Love is even out there on defense

JimmyMcAdocious
12-24-2014, 10:14 PM
Competition obviously has impact. That Blazers squad peaked the same time as the Shaq & Kobe Lakers. The Blazers were a great team for their time. Those Lakers teams are viewed as all-time great teams in the history of the NBA.

And I swear Martin retired after he left Denver. Don't remember him doing anything in the last few years.

navy
12-24-2014, 10:14 PM
Rigged series.

Dengness9
12-24-2014, 10:17 PM

Only by people like me? Yeah I personally voted Kyrie as an all star starter last year and personally gave Kyrie MVP of the FIBA tourney. Kyrie isn't a total true superstar but that's why i said allstar/superstar. He's on that level.

Ok, yeah Love's defense is bad, that doesn't mean he isn't a superstar. Can you say James Harden? Love has had to make the most adjustments to his game of any nba player since last year. It takes time, but it doesn't diminish how great Klove is.

The Cavs have three allstars hands down, 2 of which, if not all 3 are superstar levels. That is stacked compared to a majority of nba teams.

Lebron James won't play for any nba team unless they have two other stars. That's a fact dating back to the 2010 summer.

I never said anything about stars guaranteeing rings, but it's guaranteeing atleast a conf finals or finals appearance.

You flaunt this 17-10 record, well wanna bet against the Cavs making it to the conf finals at a minimum?

You calling them the 5th seed like that's where they'll end up is laughable.

Avy bet? I got Cavs in conf finals at minimum, bet you wouldn't bet against it.

Cavs are stacked in the East. Stop arguing something you don't even believe.

Crimsonrain777

Good thing Lebron doesnt realize that, god knows what team he wouldve jumped to instead. But seriously, lets stop acting like the potential of Kyrie to become an even greater player than he is now and Love wasnt one of the main reasons why he decided to return to Cleveland.

Milbuck
Exactly. The Cavs are so flawed right now, I don't see them as a great FA destination anymore like they were in the summer. People are seeing how defensively weak the team is. It's a different story if they get a good rim protector over the summer, but this Cleveland team is far from "stacked" if they're struggling to get wins in the East.

I mean think about the Bulls. When you factor in defense, their big 3 doesn't seem that bad compared to the Cavs. Rose = MVP, Noah = DPOY, Jimmy Butler = nuff said. Obviously LeBron/Kyrie/Love are superior offensively, but the big 3's aren't all that far apart assuming Rose is healthy. Noah is obviously a much more impactful player than Love on defense and leaves his mark on the game. Sometimes, you hardly notice K Love is even out there on defense
Dude come on. Kevin Love is far and away a better player than Noah even when Noah is healthy...which leads me to the point that Noah is not healthy, and it's likely he won't be fully 100% this entire season. Noah is nowhere near his form last year, not even close. Just because Love is struggling to adapt to his situation, and the rest of the team isn't quite suited to his style of play, doesn't mean he isn't a top-tier all star level player. Noah at his absolute best isn't sniffing 40 wins with last year's TWolves.

And Jimmy Butler is one of my favorite players...but him vs Lebron..?

Hotlantadude81
12-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Kenyon Martin. :lol

Dengness9
12-24-2014, 10:21 PM

Great blazers team but couldn't get pass Kobe and Shaq, two top 10 all time players. Shaq in 2000 was one of the most dominant forces the game of bball has ever seen.

And those blazers were very talented but also were known as the jailblazers, can't leave that out.

Dengness9
12-24-2014, 10:27 PM
Dude come on. Kevin Love is far and away a better player than Noah even when Noah is healthy...which leads me to the point that Noah is not healthy, and it's likely he won't be fully 100% this entire season. Noah is nowhere near his form last year, not even close. Just because Love is struggling to adapt to his situation, and the rest of the team isn't quite suited to his style of play, doesn't mean he isn't a top-tier all star level player. Noah at his absolute best isn't sniffing 40 wins with last year's TWolves.

Thank you.

And he said Jimmy Butler = nuff said

No not nuff said. He is an all defensive player but last year avg 13 pts on 40%.

So be fair and don't act like this guy has been an all star level player prior to the first 25-30 games of the 2014-15 season.

J Shuttlesworth
12-24-2014, 10:29 PM
Only by people like me? Yeah I personally voted Kyrie as an all star starter last year and personally gave Kyrie MVP of the FIBA tourney. Kyrie isn't a total true superstar but that's why i said allstar/superstar. He's on that level.

Ok word, I'll agree. Kyrie isn't a superstar, but he's not too far though. He could become one in a few years. All star obviously.

Ok, yeah Love's defense is bad, that doesn't mean he isn't a superstar. Can you say James Harden? Love has had to make the most adjustments to his game of any nba player since last year. It takes time, but it doesn't diminish how great Klove is.

"Superstar" is such a variable term. Some people only consider KD/LeBron to be the superstars in the league, some consider guys like Lillard to be a superstar. I don't consider love to be a superstar based on my criteria. Part of it is actually leading your team to wins, which he wasn't able to do in Minnesota. He has a chance to prove a superstar in Cleveland though.

The Cavs have three allstars hands down, 2 of which, if not all 3 are superstar levels. That is stacked compared to a majority of nba teams.

When you consider defensive impact, I wouldn't call that necessarily stacked unless you consider some of the other big 3s to be "stacked". Durant/Ibaka/Westbrook are a much better trio when you consider defense into the equation. I could see arguments for Rose/Noah/Butler being one of the best trios too because all 3 can play great defense. Yes, they have 3 all stars, but like I said, there's more to being a winning team than having the offensive talent. You need defense, and chemistry. That's why I'd consider OKC's big 3 to be better.

Lebron James won't play for any nba team unless they have two other stars. That's a fact dating back to the 2010 summer.

I never said anything about stars guaranteeing rings, but it's guaranteeing atleast a conf finals or finals appearance.

You flaunt this 17-10 record, well wanna bet against the Cavs making it to the conf finals at a minimum?

I could see them making the ECF though. They'll get better as the year progresses (unless Varejao really puts a dent in them)

But since when is having an ECF team "stacked"? How can you call a team stacked if they're not even a legit title contender? "stacked" in the East is a team that might struggle to make the playoffs in the West? :biggums: They're definitely not better than OKC/SAS, and those are the lowest seeds in the west.

J Shuttlesworth
12-24-2014, 10:33 PM

Here's how I see it:

LeBron = MVP Rose (ok LeBron is better, but not this version of him)
Kyrie vs. Butler... man this is pretty close this year. Butler = 21/6/4 with elite perimiter D. I won't say he's better than Kyrie, but it's not like he's in a different tier
Love > Noah, but Noah brings you DPOY caliber defense

The defense of the Bulls big 3 compensates for some of the offense where Cavs have the advantage.

Obviously the Cavs have the better big 3 offensively, but the Bulls big 3 is light years ahead of the Cavs defensively. I'm not saying Bulls big 3 is better, but if they're all healthy, it's not like they're in a completely different league.

Milbuck
12-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Here's how I see it:

LeBron = MVP Rose (ok LeBron is better, but not this version of him)
Kyrie vs. Butler... man this is pretty close this year. Butler = 21/6/4 with elite perimiter D. I won't say he's better than Kyrie, but it's not like he's in a different tier
Love > Noah, but Noah brings you DPOY caliber defense

The defense of the Bulls big 3 compensates for some of the offense where Cavs have the advantage.

Obviously the Cavs have the better big 3 offensively, but the Bulls big 3 is light years ahead of the Cavs defensively. I'm not saying Bulls big 3 is better, but if they're all healthy, it's not like they're in a completely different league.
Right..except Rose isn't in MVP form. Rose right now is a fringe all-star level PG showing flashes of his old self. The stuff he's done the last few games that's getting people hyped up..that was typical in his MVP year. But Lebron even in this form is a top 5 player in the game.

And again, like I said, Noah is nowhere near DPOY form, so I don't know why you're bring that up. He's not even close to that form. The dude has been dealing with lingering injury problems since the end of last season, and according to reports near and around the Bulls organization, they could continue throughout this season. It's pretty visible when you watch Bulls games consistently, Noah is nowhere near his best form. Whereas Love is still a top 5 PF in the league, just in a bad situation on a roster that doesn't let his style of play flourish, and highlights his weaknesses. It's like, obviously to a lesser extent, if Dirk was paired with Andrea Bargnani..obviously his game is going to take a hit, and it's going to reflect poorly on him and his weaknesses..doesn't reject the fact that he's still a hell of a PF.

If you want to talk about roster balance, depth, coaching, and chemistry, and all that...cool. I totally get what you're saying. But the talent discrepancy in the "star" department is pretty clear to me. Especially in the case of Love vs Noah..we're dealing with some pretty clear revisionist history there. Love was just last year and the year before that in heated discussions for best PF in the game..the dude didn't just fall off the face of the earth or hit the injury wall like Noah has, he's just in a very poor situation.

ArbitraryWater
12-24-2014, 10:49 PM
You don't need to "LeBron = Rose", LeBron is still >>> Rose.

If we're comparing LeBron's cast vs. Rose' cast, Rose wins...

BTW, for LeBron's chances of winning to increase, I would switch Noah for Love in a heartbeat.

Does it mean he's the better player? Definitely more suited for the current Cavaliers situation.

nba_55
12-24-2014, 11:20 PM

Whats your point? Cavs squad is more balanced, talented, deep than Bulls squad?

nba_55
12-24-2014, 11:24 PM

Cavs have 3 guys, bulls on the other hand, they are talented top to bottom, they have the better starting 5 and their bench is like 100 times better. Bulls squad is also more balanced, they have guys who are good on defense and also guys who are good on offense, cavs dont have great defenders. All these things make the bulls more stacked.

J Shuttlesworth
12-25-2014, 01:43 AM
Right..except Rose isn't in MVP form. Rose right now is a fringe all-star level PG showing flashes of his old self. The stuff he's done the last few games that's getting people hyped up..that was typical in his MVP year. But Lebron even in this form is a top 5 player in the game.

And again, like I said, Noah is nowhere near DPOY form, so I don't know why you're bring that up. He's not even close to that form. The dude has been dealing with lingering injury problems since the end of last season, and according to reports near and around the Bulls organization, they could continue throughout this season. It's pretty visible when you watch Bulls games consistently, Noah is nowhere near his best form. Whereas Love is still a top 5 PF in the league, just in a bad situation on a roster that doesn't let his style of play flourish, and highlights his weaknesses. It's like, obviously to a lesser extent, if Dirk was paired with Andrea Bargnani..obviously his game is going to take a hit, and it's going to reflect poorly on him and his weaknesses..doesn't reject the fact that he's still a hell of a PF.

If you want to talk about roster balance, depth, coaching, and chemistry, and all that...cool. I totally get what you're saying. But the talent discrepancy in the "star" department is pretty clear to me. Especially in the case of Love vs Noah..we're dealing with some pretty clear revisionist history there. Love was just last year and the year before that in heated discussions for best PF in the game..the dude didn't just fall off the face of the earth or hit the injury wall like Noah has, he's just in a very poor situation.
Rose has looked like MVP rose the last few games. That leads me to believe he will get back to full strength by the end of the season. I could be wrong, but unless another injury occurs, I think we'll see an MVP caliber rose. If Rose stays like this, he could be top 5 easily.

And I'm talking about with every player at full strength, because we're talking about "stacked" in the talent department. If Rose is full strength, he's arguably the best player in the league hence earning an MVP. Noah at full strength is DPOY, and Butler is simply the ****ing man. He's proving this year that he's up there with a guy like Kyrie.

And again, you're completely ignoring the defensive aspect. Put both big 3's at full health, and they is really not that big of a disparity since the Bulls big are all solid defenders with 2 of them being elite. With the Cavs big 3, prime LeBron is the only elite defender even though Irving has improved this year. I still don't consider Kyrie an elite defender, and nobody really does. Love... well everyone knows he's a god awful defender, and has been getting really exposed this year against the bigs in the east.

And then you look at the role players, and the Bulls have a much better bench. This whole idea that a team is "stacked" because they are top heavy is ****ing stupid. I'm sorry but a "stacked" team wouldn't be struggling to get the first seed in the East. Just because you have all stars, it doesn't mean you're entire roster is "stacked"

D-Wait
12-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Kenyon Martin. :lol
Dude would be our best rim protector :coleman: