PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony...lol!

aj1987
12-25-2014, 04:20 PM
Dude is basically a statically superior version of Joe Johnson. Honestly, I thought Melo was gonna improve, but the fat piece of shit is basically worse than past-his-prime Wade. Not even a top 20 player in the league.

RRR3
12-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Not a good year for Melo

ImKobe
12-25-2014, 04:23 PM
34 pts on 46% shooting

rest of the team shot 44% and couldn't guard anybody and they got outrebounded

aj1987
12-25-2014, 04:25 PM
34 pts on 46% shooting

You do know that he has played more than one game, right?

imdaman99
12-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Couldn't agree more. I wanted to like him, but he is a pathetic leader and held the Knicks up by wanting super max. Wished Phil would have laughed in his face and told him to go to Chicago but it turns out that Phil is a beta.

J Shuttlesworth
12-25-2014, 04:27 PM
34 pts on 46% shooting

Did you actually watch the game? He was basically a non factor the whole time until the game was out of reach and padded like 6 quick points with 3 minutes left

Undisputed
12-25-2014, 04:30 PM
Thought he was going to improve? Why? At this point in his career, you can just expect him to decline. I honestly love seeing him have such a shitty year. Out of all the teams that were trying to sign him, teams that could win now with Carmelo Anthony, he chose the Knicks because...money? Location? Phil Jackson? His wife? He deserves this kind of season for his idiotic mistake. Please do not give me the, "Well, he made more money staying in NY, so he's not stupid." He would have gotten fat checks anywhere he went, and at this point in his career, he's well off financially as is.

hawkfan
12-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Next year, trade him to the Hawks.
We can send picks and small contracts in return.

ImKobe
12-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Did you actually watch the game? He was basically a non factor the whole time until the game was out of reach and padded like 6 quick points with 3 minutes left

I watched most of the game and he was their only consistent scorer :confusedshrug:, rest of the starters were garbage.

he was a non-factor because they couldn't play defense, so his points were "empty" as you would put it.

He had a good game scoring, he should have had like 40 but a couple shots went in and rimmed out as well.

Knicks defense is flat out horrible though, ZERO rim protection. That's not on Melo.

Undisputed
12-25-2014, 04:33 PM
This doesn't matter to a big chunk of NBA fans. It's all about that stat sheet to them.

Undisputed
12-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Knicks defense is flat out horrible though, ZERO rim protection. That's not on Melo.
As the leader of the team, it is on Melo. If his guys aren't going to war with him, that falls on the leader of the team, as well as the coaches.

aj1987
12-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Couldn't agree more. I wanted to like him, but he is a pathetic leader and held the Knicks up by wanting super max. Wished Phil would have laughed in his face and told him to go to Chicago but it turns out that Phil is a beta.
Read my posts about the guy from last season. He was a amazing last season and I thought he was gonna be a top 5 player this season. Again.

Dude basically fleeced the Knicks.

ImKobe
12-25-2014, 04:36 PM
This doesn't matter to a big chunk of NBA fans. It's all about that stat sheet to them.

Yeah well I watched the game, you could see me commenting on the game in the thread breh...

He kept them from being completely blown out but they couldn't keep up with the Wiz due to all the easy/wide open shots they gave up on the other end. Melo individually had a decent showing, but he can't play for the entire team.

Wall absolutely destroyed them, Amare was worse than garbage, Aldrich has to be the slowest player in the league.

GrapeApe
12-25-2014, 04:37 PM
He just doesn't possess the drive that truly great players have. He's had a nice career, won a scoring title, made millions of dollars, and will be in the HOF one day. I think he's content with that.

ImKobe
12-25-2014, 04:40 PM
As the leader of the team, it is on Melo. If his guys aren't going to war with him, that falls on the leader of the team, as well as the coaches.

What? Melo is not a rim protector, he's a Small Forward. That's not his role on defense. He was on Pierce and Butler, who combined for 14 pts on 5/12 shooting.

Knicks played competitive basketball and scored as much as the Wiz in the final 3 quarters, but it wasn't enough to make up for the horrible 1st quarter they had.

navy
12-25-2014, 04:40 PM
That's a personal issue, not Melo's fault. This team is just garbage.

Undisputed
12-25-2014, 04:42 PM
That's a personal issue, not Melo's fault. This team is just garbage.
Only winning 5 games so far this season doesn't land on Carmelo at all to you? I totally agree the Knicks are garbage, but they shouldn't be worst in the NBA garbage with one of the "best players in the NBA". Carmelo is failing his team as much as the team is failing New York.

navy
12-25-2014, 04:44 PM
Only winning 5 games so far this season doesn't land on Carmelo at all to you? I totally agree the Knicks are garbage, but they shouldn't be worst in the NBA garbage with one of the "best players in the NBA". Carmelo is failing his team as much as the team is failing New York.
If you are gonna lose, lose bad. :confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
12-25-2014, 04:45 PM
How many Knicks games this year have been decided by 5 points or less? Melo should be closing their games, but he's been awful late in games this year

JohnMax
12-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Melo, Kobe, Wade do not have as much impact as Lebron.

Its why their teams are always average when they do not have star power.

ImKobe
12-25-2014, 04:48 PM

This is not about Melo not getting ANY of the blame, this thread is about Melo getting ALL the blame. People here are acting like Melo tonight was the difference between a win or a loss. Nikka, did you even watch the game yourself? Defense is a TEAM effort. To their credit, they played a competitive game in the 2nd half. Wizards just are the better team and won as expected.

The team around him isn't any good and they were missing two of their best players in Shump and JR, Melo this season has been decent when you look at his production, he's not why they are in this hole. He's been playing like he has in the years past, there's obviously a bigger issue than one guy's individual play.

Draz
12-25-2014, 04:48 PM
Every star worthy player that comes to NY kills their career. It's been a trend. The players around him are absolutely garbage. Trade him to where? For who? The idea is to get a player than can score and take over. He's proven that. The players around him, the management, the coaches he's had, their all just bad.

Not protecting him from the record, but he's done his part here. His game might not stand out and have fans say he's the reason why players are ineffective, but it's management and coaching staffs job to make it work. Otherwise they shouldn't of traded for him to begin with. Otherwise they shouldn't of resigned him.

ImKobe
12-25-2014, 04:49 PM

Putting Kobe in the same sentence as those 3 losers :facepalm

RoundMoundOfReb
12-25-2014, 04:50 PM
Putting Kobe in the same sentence as those 3 losers :facepalm
Wade is a "loser"?

Milbuck
If you are gonna lose, lose bad. :confusedshrug:
This makes no sense to me, the Knicks are shitting on their future right now. It'd be different if they were doing a traditional rebuild through the draft..but they're not. That's a component of it, but they're really banking on free agency and trades, trying to land a big name player. And losing like this, looking like a complete disgrace of a franchise, that's not helping whatsoever. What free agent is gonna look at this mess, with a rookie coach who can't seem to get a hold of his guys, a declining franchise player eating up a massive chunk of the cap, a team that is literally just one game ahead of the worst team in basketball...and actively choose to go there over other destinations?

RRR3

You can't decide if you like LeBron or not lol

jzek
12-25-2014, 04:52 PM
and will be in the HOF one day

How so? His credentials:

* All-Star appearances
* Led the league in scoring once

= HOF? Must not be that exclusive then...

Undisputed
12-25-2014, 04:55 PM
This is not about Melo not getting ANY of the blame, this thread is about Melo getting ALL the blame. People here are acting like Melo tonight was the difference between a win or a loss. Nikka, did you even watch the game yourself? Defense is a TEAM effort. To their credit, they played a competitive game in the 2nd half. Wizards just are the better team and won as expected.

The team around him isn't any good and they were missing two of their best players in Shump and JR, Melo this season has been decent when you look at his production, he's not why they are in this hole. He's been playing like he has in the years past, there's obviously a bigger issue than one guy's individual play.
I know it's a team game, but there's no reason a team with Carmelo Anthony should only be one win better than this years Sixers. You're no where near worth max contract money if you lead your team to one of the worst records in the NBA.

GrapeApe
12-25-2014, 04:55 PM

Melo yes, but prime Kobe and Wade had as much impact as LeBron. As for "star power", Wade won a title with Antoine Walker as the second leading scorer in the finals.

Legends66NBA7
12-25-2014, 04:56 PM
How so? His credentials:

* All-Star appearances

They take into account NCAA and International credentials. So his NCAA title and 3 Olympic medals count too.

Basketball HOF is pretty easy to get in. Mitch Richmond recently got in.

navy
12-25-2014, 04:57 PM
This makes no sense to me, the Knicks are shitting on their future right now. It'd be different if they were doing a traditional rebuild through the draft..but they're not. That's a component of it, but they're really banking on free agency and trades, trying to land a big name player. And losing like this, looking like a complete disgrace of a franchise, that's not helping whatsoever. What free agent is gonna look at this mess, with a rookie coach who can't seem to get a hold of his guys, a declining franchise player eating up a massive chunk of the cap, a team that is literally just one game ahead of the worst team in basketball...and actively choose to go there over other destinations?
They dont really have the cap space for free agents and trades. I mean Amare, JR smith, Bargs, all on the books. I think its a tank job but nobody wants to admit it. Saw that Tyson Chandler trade? No ****s to be given. :confusedshrug:

No way anyone reasonable thought that a worst team than last year would contend. Plus a brand new Coach?

GrapeApe
12-25-2014, 04:58 PM
How so? His credentials:

* All-Star appearances

He'll finish his career with double digit all star appearances and I'm pretty sure every player to win a scoring title is in the HOF. I could be wrong about that, but regardless, Melo will most certainly make it.

Undisputed
12-25-2014, 04:59 PM
They dont really have the cap space for free agents and trades. I mean Amare, JR smith, Bargs, all on the books. I think its a tank job but nobody wants to admit it. Saw that Tyson Chandler trade? No ****s to be given. :confusedshrug:

No way anyone reasonable thought that a worst team than last year would contend. Plus a brand new Coach?
Amare is off the books after this season, right? They could do a lot with that space. I hope they do. It's sad seeing the Knicks so bad all the time.

ImKobe
12-25-2014, 04:59 PM
I know it's a team game, but there's no reason a team with Carmelo Anthony should only be one win better than this years Sixers. You're no where near worth max contract money if you lead your team to one of the worst records in the NBA.

Well, his supporting cast is worse than what the Sixers have.

Blue&Orange
12-25-2014, 05:03 PM
100% true, it was like watching Lebron in 2014 finals all over again.

el gringos
12-25-2014, 05:10 PM
How so? His credentials:

* All-Star appearances

It's not exclusive. Just like the 20,000 points scored club. They'll let anybody do it. When Carmelo retires with way more than 25,000 points and prob ends up a top 10 scorer ever? Yeah doesn't belong on a list where every single player in the top 50 is a hall of famer?

You are a fool to think he doesn't belong (assuming he plays at a high level for several more years) just for playing while hurt with guys like

Larkin/prigioni
Hard away jr

Quincy acy the starter?
Dalembert or Amare

No reason to think missing your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th best players for much, most or all or the season would hurt other stars

uber
12-25-2014, 05:17 PM
Amare is off the books after this season, right? They could do a lot with that space. I hope they do. It's sad seeing the Knicks so bad all the time.

Amare + Bargnani

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah...lets blame one player, not the TEAM -- or to player zealots, the pathetic supporting cast he is surrounded by.

absalom
12-25-2014, 08:01 PM
The funny thing is Carmelo is injured but he keeps on playing because the All Star game is in New York, so instead of shutting down he is gunning for his All Star berth.

MellowYellow
12-25-2014, 09:15 PM

Most the players on this team are expiring players, they don't have any chemistry and their coach looks lost. But I am hoping Fisher is just coaching badly on purpose for fishtank purposes. I am sure that Melo, one of Okafor/Mudi/Towns and a Crapload of capspace will be mean a lot to free agents. Dragic already said he was interested.

Funnyfuka
12-25-2014, 09:17 PM
it s been said countless times already, melo never cared about winning, only about money.

MellowYellow
12-25-2014, 09:27 PM
it s been said countless times already, melo never cared about winning, only about money.
If that were true he could easily be sitting out this season, no one would question it.

livingby3's
12-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Bledsoe plus filler for Melo

navy
12-25-2014, 09:31 PM
Melo cant be traded

Shih508
12-25-2014, 09:32 PM
When its all said and done, melo won't even make my top 100 greatest players of all time

MellowYellow
12-25-2014, 09:34 PM
When its all said and done, melo won't even make my top 100 greatest players of all time
Your list is wrong then, he is already top 80 with ease.

livingby3's
12-25-2014, 09:37 PM
Melo cant be traded

Not saying he will say yes to Phoenix, but he can be traded if he consent the trade right? sorry if Im mistaken

el gringos
12-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Carmelo, bargnani, and JR smith
For
Bledsoe, tucker, Len, Morris twins

MellowYellow
12-25-2014, 09:55 PM
For

Melo would never approve that...

I<3NBA
12-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Bulls dodged a bullet :lol

now they're better with Pau Gasol

navy
12-25-2014, 10:05 PM
Not saying he will say yes to Phoenix, but he can be traded if he consent the trade right? sorry if Im mistaken
Yeah he can. His contract wouldnt be that bad if the cap goes up enough in 2016.

Legends66NBA7
12-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Anthony, the Knicks, and their fans.

Funnyfuka
12-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Bulls dodged a bullet :lol

now they're better with Pau Gasol
pau has become a completely worthless soft ass.

livingby3's
12-25-2014, 10:54 PM
For

So Melo goes back to a team with Bargani and Smith.
And now he will get another Smith-alike player in Green :oldlol:
all while knowing the Suns lost their best perimeter defender, starting and upcoming center, and two good role players in the Morrises.
Yeah Melo will say yes to that :oldlol: even if he miraculously does, like the Suns will give up 3 quality players for Bargani and Smith