PDA

View Full Version : the NBA's star power right now is the worst

Orlando Magic
12-25-2014, 05:19 PM
I can remember it being in like... Ever? Lol.

LoneyROY7
12-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Nah, it's solid.

J Shuttlesworth
12-25-2014, 05:23 PM
LeBron
Harden
Curry
Westbrook
Durant
Cp3
Griffin
Lillard

I'm sure I'm forgetting some too... that's how solid it is

ImKobe
12-25-2014, 05:25 PM
LeBron
Harden
Curry
Westbrook
Durant
Cp3
Griffin
Lillard

Kobe, Wall, Rose, Wade...

J Shuttlesworth
12-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Kobe, Wall, Rose, Wade...
Exactly. League is ****ing stacked with stars

ImKobe
12-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Exactly. League is ****ing stacked with stars

Heck, you can now add AD, too.

J Shuttlesworth
12-25-2014, 05:28 PM
Heck, you can now add AD, too.
Yep. Even Jimmy Butler too

Also Irving/Love :applause:
Aldridge

chips93
12-25-2014, 05:30 PM
right now, nobody is as good as lebron/kd/kobe have been from like 2006 until this year.

if lebron stops coasting, or kd gets healthy that changes though

ImKobe
12-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Yep. Even Jimmy Butler too

Also Irving/Love :applause:
Aldridge

and BOOGIE

Orlando Magic
12-25-2014, 05:35 PM
LeBron
Harden
Curry
Westbrook
Durant
Cp3
Griffin
Lillard

Hahahaha... Wow. The fact that you don't realize that your list proves my point...

LoneyROY7
12-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Hahahaha... Wow. The fact that you don't realize that your list proves my point...

All elite players. Stop living in the past.

IGOTGAME
12-25-2014, 05:39 PM

not about living in the past. Just that there arent really that many superstar players. Talent level in the NBA is way down. Players at the top arent as good as they were 8 years ago

Orlando Magic
12-25-2014, 05:45 PM

Except LeBron and Durant, who are both not playing as good as they have, Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, McGrady, Duncan, Nowitzki SHIT on those guys ... Hard. And that's JUST the 2000s players that first pop into my head.

Nash
12-25-2014, 05:46 PM
its the social media era, star power is bigger than its ever been. Guys like Lance Stephenson are far bigger stars today than their counterparts in the pre social media era.

LoneyROY7
12-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Except LeBron and Durant, who are both not playing as good as they have, Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, McGrady, Duncan, Nowitzki SHIT on those guys ... Hard. And that's JUST the 2000s players that first pop into my head.

Based on what? Certainly not statistics. Shaq's about the only one.

Wavves
12-25-2014, 08:32 PM
The league is stacked with stars and talent at the moment?

T_L_P
12-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Based on what? Certainly not statistics. Shaq's about the only one.

Aside from Durant and LeBron (the former injured and the latter still figuring things out on a new team), and maybe Paul, prime Duncan and Garnett absolutely shit on those guys.

Tell me when any of those players come close to the Playoff runs those two had back in the day. Statistically they are just as far ahead of those guys as Shaq was, arguably more so.

VIP2000
12-25-2014, 08:44 PM
Aside from Durant and LeBron (the former injured and the latter still figuring things out on a new team), and maybe Paul, prime Duncan and Garnett absolutely shit on those guys.

Tell me when any of those players come close to the Playoff runs those two had back in the day. Statistically they are just as far ahead of those guys as Shaq was, arguably more so.

Uh, Garnett only made it out of the 1st round once in Minnesota.

T_L_P
12-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Uh, Garnett only made it out of the 1st round once in Minnesota.

Sorry, by 'run' I mean performances. KG having bad teams doesn't take away how dominant he was (though he did choke a few times).

Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Durant, Lillard etc aren't touching 01-04 Playoff KG, and they're nowhere near. And none of those guys other than Durant are touching 01-07 KG overall. :confusedshrug:

Blue&Orange
12-25-2014, 09:41 PM
I can remember it being in like... Ever? Lol.
Where have you been the last couple years? At least now there is a lot of emerging talent with superstar aura and Rose is finally healthy.

jstern
12-25-2014, 11:44 PM
I believe it's way down, at its worse, in terms of Q ratings. You don't have many players that transcend basketball and are well known in the main stream media, like a Shaq.

Speaking of a Shaq, we also don't have a Goat time level Super Star 7 footer, that really sticks out to the main stream media. We're in a PG friendly era, and at that height, forget about it. They'll just be another normal guy in a commercial, just like your every other person in a commercial.

So in terms of Q rating, the league is at its worst.

J Shuttlesworth
12-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Yeah I don't think those other stars are as dominant as Duncan/KG/Dirk, but we have a lot MORE stars total. Just think about how many stars are at the PG position alone

Mr. Jabbar
12-25-2014, 11:58 PM
agreed, it's watered down as hell since kobe got injured, a lot of mehs

HOoopCityJones
12-26-2014, 12:05 AM
its the social media era, star power is bigger than its ever been. Guys like Lance Stephenson are far bigger stars today than their counterparts in the pre social media era.

You guys can't but help prove his point huh?:facepalm

The mere fact guys like Hibbert made an all star game averaging prime Kawame numbers speaks enough how much talent is lacking in this league. Manufactured stars left and right.

James Harden specifically wouldn't be considered as "good" if he didn't get to shoot 14 or 15 FT's a night. It'll show once again in the Post season when the Refs swallow the whistles.

TaLvsCuaL
12-26-2014, 12:07 AM
The league is simply evolving. The Star-system sucks and the teams want to win. Also less hero ball is better for the league. There is probably more talent than ever.