PDA

View Full Version : Should Kobe keep playing after his current deal?

Akrazotile
12-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Dude puts butts in the seats. Laker fans show up because of Kobe. Hes important to the Time Warner deal.

I mean those were the reasons given for his current contract, even tho everyone knew he would blow. Dude is a cancer to this team right now. But hey Laker fans love him. Whether hes shooting 36% or just watching in a suit, theyve said themselves many times hes the only reason they follow Laker basketball.

So really, why even retire? Give him another three year deal worth 60 mil or so, right? Hes worth a lot more than that to the organization.

Kidbasketball20
12-25-2014, 08:08 PM
99.9% of ISH knows he shouldn't.

The Lakers would sign him for 15 mil MAX for 3 years if he wanted to continue. And as a role player.

He's gone after next year.

Fawker
12-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Yes Laker fans love him. He is a living legend and a team with championships and money to blow will cater to such a player till the wheels fall off. :confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
12-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Lakers viewership is down 28% compared to last year when Kobe wasn't playing

Akrazotile
12-25-2014, 08:14 PM
99.9% of ISH knows he shouldn't.

The Lakers would sign him for 15 mil MAX for 3 years if he wanted to continue. And as a role player.

He's gone after next year.

LOL laker fans dont want to see Kobe as a role player.

They strictly watch the lakers to see kobe shoot 1 on 1, 1 on 2, 1 on 3 etc. Remember, hes the warrior with inhuman will and unparalleled competitiveness and apparently "clutch gene" :oldlol:

Doesnt matter the percentage. Fans go to Laker games cause Kobe is on the team and chucking shots. PERIOD. No kobe glory, no interest for Laker fans. Theyve said this themselves a million times while justifying his contract.

The teams value depends on Kobe shooting shots, doesnt really matter if they go in or not, or if he plays defense.

AirFederer
12-25-2014, 08:17 PM
I'd like to see for how long he can continue to play Kobeball in the League, so yes.

Akrazotile
12-25-2014, 08:21 PM
I'd like to see for how long he can continue to play Kobeball in the League, so yes.

Dude is an absolute malignant anchor on the team already... And we're not even to January of the first year of the deal :roll:

Fawker
12-25-2014, 08:24 PM
The hefty contract is severance pay, his last contract. They are participating not competing.

gts
12-25-2014, 08:42 PM
Lakers viewership is down 28% compared to last year when Kobe wasn't playing
Clippers are down even more.. already discussed here on ISH

chosen_one6
12-25-2014, 08:48 PM
Kobe needs to retire now. He is a cancerous tumor on the c*ck of the Lakers franchise. And not a benign one either.

AintNoSunshine
12-25-2014, 09:01 PM
He will have to play for free tho, no sensible team will pay him to be a cancer

ImKobe
12-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Kobe needs to retire now. He is a cancerous tumor on the c*ck of the Lakers franchise. And not a benign one either.
http://replygif.net/i/159.gif