PDA

View Full Version : The Interview..a classic GOAT movie....possible spoilers

9erempiree
12-26-2014, 05:16 AM
This movie was amazing. Seth and Franco had some great chemistry. The movie is more than a comedy if you do decide to watch it and you will be quite surprised as to how brilliant this movie is.

Some of the stuff is over the top but it was done greatly. I love the beginning of the movie with Skylark and his show and guest. It is a satirical take on the media and news shows becoming more like tabloid television.

Go watch. Highly recommend.

It's bro comedy and the females that were watching with us even loved it.

You don't have to go to the theaters because it was released through paid streams. So you can go to your favorite movie site and find a great quality. The entire family, cousins, brothers and sisters enjoyed this tonight as a family.

triangleoffense
12-26-2014, 05:23 AM
looks horrible it's ok pinapple express was kinda overrated too and that movie was actually funny

SugarHill
12-26-2014, 05:32 AM
It's funny because they act gay but they're not gay in every movie.

YouGotServed
12-26-2014, 05:47 AM
You shouldn't have made this thread. It really was a great funny movie but since you're a troll ISH will think you're messin and playing devils advocate.

Overall I'd give the film a solid 8/10

Budadiiii
12-26-2014, 06:03 AM
You shouldn't have made this thread. It really was a great funny movie but since you're a troll ISH will think you're messin and playing devils advocate.

Overall I'd give the film a solid 8/10
Nice.

Nice.

Seth came through again.

YouGotServed
12-26-2014, 06:43 AM
Nice.

Nice.

Seth came through again.

Stay winning.

niko
12-26-2014, 09:16 AM
Why tell people it's a GOAT movie? It was good, i reccomend it too, but people clearly know you're full of shit saying its GOAT so now people think you're trolling them. Moron.

GimmeThat
12-26-2014, 10:24 AM
It's funny because they act gay but they're not gay in every movie.

it's kinda the same with male actors who act straight in a movie, but there's absolutely no romantic connections or even sex.

Noah Rose
12-26-2014, 11:41 AM
4/10

This movie kills brain cells especially the 2nd hour, James Franco bromance was unwatchable.

Luckily I didn't have to pay $6 to rent this crap.

navy
12-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Movie is garbage, but **** North Korea so go watch it.

Miss Bella
12-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Worst movie I have seen in awhile. Never even laughed and the ending was terrible.

gigantes
12-26-2014, 03:58 PM
i saw excerpts and read some reviews and it looks like little more than a steaming load of flatulence and genital jokes. they had a chance to make some good points about n. korea, but went exclusively for humor designed to give teenage boys nonstop giggling fits. okay.

actually i don't give a shit about any of that, but what i do mind is that sony's asinine move to make this movie now means that the USA has one more farking headache to deal with. few people understand that n. korea actually has an elite cyber-terrorism dept (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/spoke-north-korean-defector-trained-192724724.html)... probably behind only china's. the fallout from this crap movie could go on for years and could get very ugly given the USA's and USA corporations lag on cyber-anti-terrorism preparedness.

zoom17
12-26-2014, 05:05 PM
This movie was utter trash laughed like two times. Most the jokes were meant for teenagers 3/10.

ArbitraryWater
12-26-2014, 08:24 PM
So why is it 9.7/10 on imdb?

Anyway, I agree with what "gigantes" said here:

" they had a chance to make some good points about n. korea, but went exclusively for humor designed to give teenage boys nonstop giggling fits. okay."

They had an actual chance to raise awareness on important issues, such as their concentration camps... used 10 seconds on it.

The Interview could have adressed all of Korea's and Kim Jong Un's problems, it didn't....

Wasn't funny, except for the majority of white teens... or teens in general.

And what the **** is with the gay vibe throughout this movie? Why are they both acting gay?

Real14
12-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Movie was good, but it should of been funnier. The ending was dumb as hell too.

Cowboy Thunder
12-27-2014, 12:08 AM
I'll rent this shit for a dollar at redbox like I would have if the interest wasn't there due to the foreign relations.

Kinda hate to see them profit out of stupid luck.

STATUTORY
12-27-2014, 01:35 AM

" they had a chance to make some good points about n. korea, but went exclusively for humor designed to give teenage boys nonstop giggling fits. okay."

They had an actual chance to raise awareness on important issues, such as their concentration camps... used 10 seconds on it.

The Interview could have adressed all of Korea's and Kim Jong Un's problems, it didn't....

And what the **** is with the gay vibe throughout this movie? Why are they both acting gay?

:coleman: it's a comedic farce not a morality play

da fuq can u do to make concentration camps funny? it would ruin the mood of the movie

SugarHill
12-27-2014, 01:51 AM
That is their style of comedy. Gay innuendo.

ArbitraryWater
12-27-2014, 02:00 AM

da fuq can u do to make concentration camps funny? it would ruin the mood of the movie

It's not about whats funny, its about whats right and what this world needs... :coleman:

That is their style of comedy. Gay innuendo.

Well they've always been friends, the whole clique with jay, jona, etc.

but cmon, they were straight kissing mouth to mouth, talking about smelling each others dick, etc.

bluechox2
12-27-2014, 02:20 AM
movie wasnt funny at all, but was a nice troll movie

9erempiree
12-27-2014, 04:47 AM
Great movie. I like how it is a comedy and then at the end it transitioned into an action flick. Genius.

One of the few movies that gets the message across without feeling doom and gloom.

SexSymbol
12-27-2014, 07:43 AM
Great comedy, one of the best recently, probably the best aside from dumb and dumber to

Dresta
12-27-2014, 09:23 AM

What you think this is, a ****ing documentary?

ArbitraryWater
12-27-2014, 01:14 PM
What you think this is, a ****ing documentary?

Just 2 minutes or so, would give this movie a nice, serious note... should have been funnier before anyway.

Dresta
12-27-2014, 01:18 PM
It's not about whats funny, its about whats right and what this world needs... :coleman:

Well they've always been friends, the whole clique with jay, jona, etc.

but cmon, they were straight kissing mouth to mouth, talking about smelling each others dick, etc.
Since when do moviemakers have an obligation to 'what the world needs' - art that is overtly political tends to be dogmatic, moralising, and therefore shite.

ArbitraryWater
12-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Since when do moviemakers have an obligation to 'what the world needs' - art that is overtly political tends to be dogmatic, moralising, and therefore shite.

but it was shit anyway, at least this way you make a point about something in a movie that will be watched by millions..

Dresta
12-27-2014, 01:36 PM
but it was shit anyway, at least this way you make a point about something in a movie that will be watched by millions..
I haven't seen it, but plenty of people in this thread seemed to enjoy it. If you were expecting a political message from a movie like this then you are quite the fool.

ArbitraryWater
12-27-2014, 02:01 PM
I haven't seen it, but plenty of people in this thread seemed to enjoy it. If you were expecting a political message from a movie like this then you are quite the fool.

Majority thinks it was trash.. why shouldnt the movie sent a political message? Those 2 mins can make a good point.. doesnt mean you cant laugh at the rest... but seriously, the jokes were horrible.

The opener with Eminem was by far the funniest, I dont think I laughed once afterwards.. oh, when they sent him the poison, also, entertaining... all in the first 20 mins or so.. but afterwards, nah.

GimmeThat
12-27-2014, 02:11 PM

Movie makers have an "obligation to what the world needs"
when words. are being used.

The art of war/politics etc
May be about no beginning and no end.

Fawker
12-27-2014, 02:18 PM
it was horrendous.

tomtucker
12-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Just 2 minutes or so, would give this movie a nice, serious note... should have been funnier before anyway.

there was........Kim acting friendly and nice, then showed his real face.......The basketball game was a nod to Dennis Rodman going over there and coming back saying Kim is a cool dude..........it was a very funny movie and they got their point across.......what would have been a shitty ending would have been if they all became good friends in the end

Blue&Orange
12-27-2014, 03:33 PM
worst Seth Rogen movie i've seen.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-27-2014, 05:18 PM
I'll rent this shit for a dollar at redbox like I would have if the interest wasn't there due to the foreign relations.

Kinda hate to see them profit out of stupid luck.
all these guys are already filthy rich so who cares.

gigantes
12-27-2014, 07:40 PM
then they shouldn't have made it. it really is as simple as that.

some decisions in life are complex and murky. this was not one of them. this was idiot to the idioth degree, can't see the clusterf-ck forest for the trees on a scale rarely seen in modern history.

anyone who thinks a shitty comedy and some pointless american chest-thumping was worth all this is either grossly uninformed or someone who likes seeing the world burn. if you're pro-USA/NATO, you should be shaking your head in disbelief on how sony and obama handled this.

regardless of whether sony ever recoups the cost of the film, they've already lost countless millions from the cyber-attack and fallout from the distribution of internal resources. worse, the USA is now embarking on a potential cyberwar with one of the world's elite hacking depts... whose one ally in the world has another of the world's elite hacking depts.

maybe if we're lucky, relatively little damage comes out of this... but we won't even know that for years to come. OTOH the potential damage is enormous. the USA is the physical world's superpower but is only the 4th-most powerful cyberpower, roughly. that's not good for americans or people on the NATO side. people who like their money, financial systems and commerce (and a bunch of other stuff) to not get heavily compromised or even come to a screeching stop overnight.

i guess if you're off the grid, are self-sufficient, and live in some safe, remote location then you have nothing to worry about.

KyrieTheFuture
12-27-2014, 07:53 PM
i saw excerpts and read some reviews and it looks like little more than a steaming load of flatulence and genital jokes. they had a chance to make some good points about n. korea, but went exclusively for humor designed to give teenage boys nonstop giggling fits. okay.

actually i don't give a shit about any of that, but what i do mind is that sony's asinine move to make this movie now means that the USA has one more farking headache to deal with. few people understand that n. korea actually has an elite cyber-terrorism dept (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/spoke-north-korean-defector-trained-192724724.html)... probably behind only china's. the fallout from this crap movie could go on for years and could get very ugly given the USA's and USA corporations lag on cyber-anti-terrorism preparedness.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh my god you actually think NK has the second best hackers in the world?

niko
12-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Really bruh?
I thought it was funny. :confusedshrug: I'm not buying a copy on DVD to watch it 27 times but i liked it for the time it was on.

Nanners
12-27-2014, 08:00 PM

some decisions in life are complex and murky. this was not one of them. this was idiot to the idioth degree, can't see the clusterf-ck forest for the trees on a scale rarely seen in modern history.

anyone who thinks a shitty comedy and some pointless american chest-thumping was worth all this is either grossly uninformed or someone who likes seeing the world burn. if you're pro-USA/NATO, you should be shaking your head in disbelief on how sony and obama handled this.

regardless of whether sony ever recoups the cost of the film, they've already lost countless millions from the cyber-attack and fallout from the distribution of internal resources. worse, the USA is now embarking on a potential cyberwar with one of the world's elite hacking depts... whose one ally in the world has another of the world's elite hacking depts.

maybe if we're lucky, relatively little damage comes out of this... but we won't even know that for years to come. OTOH the potential damage is enormous. the USA is the physical world's superpower but is only the 4th-most powerful cyberpower, roughly. that's not good for americans or people on the NATO side. people who like their money, financial systems and commerce (and a bunch of other stuff) to not get heavily compromised or even come to a screeching stop overnight.

i guess if you're off the grid, are self-sufficient, and live in some safe, remote location then you have nothing to worry about.

cmon now, do you really think north korea would risk some kind of "cyber war" over a comedy film? :oldlol:

the koreans might be crazy but they arent complete idiots.

i have doubts that north korea was even involved in the sony hack in the first place, the disgruntled employee theory makes a lot more sense.

Bandito
12-27-2014, 10:56 PM
This movie was a good B rated movie. Didn't laugh at all but was entertained.

Micku
12-28-2014, 01:26 AM
The movie's solid. Not as bad as I thought it was gonn'a be, but it could've been funnier. I don't think the jokes were better than Pineapple Express, but at least the movie is entertaining. The jokes could've been better, and it had potential. Oh well. It's okay. I give like a 6/10 or something.

This movie doesn't have the quality of The Great Dictator or Life is Beautiful or anything like that. The whole sony hackers and the background around this movie is classic, and made this movie slightly better lol.

Dat Asian chick, Diana Bang, was pretty hot. Randall Park did a good job as Kim Jong Un! But Eminem doe. I didn't know he was in there.

gigantes
12-28-2014, 02:47 AM
cmon now, do you really think north korea would risk some kind of "cyber war" over a comedy film? :oldlol:

the koreans might be crazy but they arent complete idiots.

i have doubts that north korea was even involved in the sony hack in the first place, the disgruntled employee theory makes a lot more sense.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh my god you actually think NK has the second best hackers in the world?
did you read the insider report? sounds like no. apparently they started this project over 20 years ago and it's one of their national priorities. yes, we know most of their standards and abilities are crap, but not this one. if groups of teenagers around the world can do this, i don't see why a nation under dictatorship can't.

anyway, how it seems to work is that the top computer people get recruited to compete with each other to see who makes the national cyberwar dept. those that do get to live the life of riley, in total contrast to how the avg citizen lives. that's an enormous carrot right there.

the chinese use a similar approach in their sporting academies and it often leads to domination in the long run. the difference is the size of the talent pool, obviously, but n. korea also has that 20+ year jump to compensate. ironically, their dept also has access to most or all of the top techniques developed by american and european hackers. but unlike with individuals, n. korea can completely shield its people from the law and aim for the most destructive of approaches. from what i've read, most other nations don't have that kind of focus and lack of ethics / legal oversight. i think other countries are more in to stealing technology, information, etc.

and yea, the expert is sure north korea is behind the deal. as the article said, they also have the luxury of doing whatever the fluff they want, because there is no recognised international process of proving who did what.

to correct that, obama is probably doing the next best thing by retaliating, but he should never have encouraged sony to go ahead IMO. talk about picking the wrong battle.

read the article and pick it apart if you like, because i'm doing little more than regurgitating info at this point.

Nanners
12-28-2014, 03:00 AM
did you read the insider report? sounds like no. apparently they started this project over 20 years ago and it's one of their national priorities. yes, we know most of their standards and abilities are crap, but not this one. if groups of teenagers around the world can do this, i don't see why a nation under dictatorship can't.

anyway, how it seems to work is that the top computer people get recruited to compete with each other to see who makes the national cyberwar dept. those that do get to live the life of riley, in total contrast to how the avg citizen lives. that's an enormous carrot right there.

the chinese use a similar approach in their sporting academies and it often leads to domination in the long run. the difference is the size of the talent pool, obviously, but n. korea also has that 20+ year jump to compensate. ironically, their dept also has access to most or all of the top techniques developed by american and european hackers. but unlike with individuals, n. korea can completely shield its people from the law and aim for the most destructive of approaches. from what i've read, most other nations don't have that kind of focus and lack of ethics / legal oversight. i think other countries are more in to stealing technology, information, etc.

and yea, the expert is sure north korea is behind the deal. as the article said, they also have the luxury of doing whatever the fluff they want, because there is no recognised international process of proving who did what.

to correct that, obama is probably doing the next best thing by retaliating, but he should never have encouraged sony to go ahead IMO. talk about picking the wrong battle.

read the article and pick it apart if you like, because i'm doing little more than regurgitating info at this point.

heres an article i just pulled off the front page of cnn a few seconds ago

Experts doubt North Korea was behind the big Sony hack (http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/27/tech/north-korea-expert-doubts-about-hack/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)

gigantes
12-28-2014, 03:33 AM
heres an article i just pulled off the front page of cnn a few seconds ago

Experts doubt North Korea was behind the big Sony hack (http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/27/tech/north-korea-expert-doubts-about-hack/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)
great. does that address any of my points or the insider's points other than to disagree that the attack came from n. korea?

Nanners
12-28-2014, 03:43 AM
great. does that address any of my points or the insider's points other than to disagree that the attack came from n. korea?

Perhaps you got my post confused with kyries, because I never claimed North Korea is not capable of such an attack... I only said that I dont think they perpetrated the attack.

Dresta
12-28-2014, 05:40 PM

i guess if you're off the grid, are self-sufficient, and live in some safe, remote location then you have nothing to worry about.:roll: keep spreading that paranoia broheim.

No one gives a shit what tin-foil wearing North Koreans have to say about anything. If you are scared of them then you really need to get a grip. North Korea has been good at spewing bombastic threats and little else. Seriously, how does the nonsense they are coming out with not show you they are not the slightest threat to the United States.

gigantes
12-29-2014, 01:57 AM
@nanners and dresta--
absolutely nothing. it was all a joke. congrats as always for expeditiously sniffing it right out.

PleezeBelieve
12-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Movie was funny and good.

Epic job by whoever trolled the hack situation. Brillant marketing campaign.