dannywpt
12-26-2014, 01:17 PM
His bald spot alone is more alpha than Bran's entire legacy

Mr. Jabbar
12-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Yes. Very.

bizil
12-26-2014, 01:30 PM
I think Manu at his best kind of falls in line with the James Worthy type of thing. By their talent and moments, their is NO QUESTION they have alpha dog ability and mentality. But with the teams they are on at times, they had EVEN BETTER alpha dogs than they were! Which is a luxury many of the great teams had. Many had at least two legit alpha dog players.

But Manu's durability issues seemed to hold him back to an extent from reaching the heights he is truly capable of. They say Pop kept him often as a sixth man and his minutes down because of durability issues. The highest minutes per game he played in his career was only 31.1. When u compare that to his Golden Age SG contemporaries (AI, Kobe, Vince, Wade, TMac, Ray, Pierce while at SG, Joe Johnson), that has to be a mark against him somewhat.

Don't get me wrong, he going to the HOF due to his total resume. And skill for skill, he's on the 10 best SG's of all time! At his peak, could play or defend PG, SG, and SF and was a 20-5-5 guy. So was he an alpha at his best, I would yes. But I can't put him on the level of alpha of the guys like AI, Kobe, Wade, TMac, etc. in his era. If Manu HAD to be the number guy one guy at his peak, I could see him putting up 25-5-5. But once again, would his durability issues be exposed more? He had the ability AND mentality to do it.

SpanishACB
12-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Did you guys see the big 4 documentary with the Spurs?

It comes from Pop's mouth that Manu is allowed to do his thing beyond the system. There's an in game quote of Pop telling Tony or Duncan to just let (Manu) go regardless of the fact he's not sticking to the original plan... That's some serious alphaness there if coach Popovich allows you to rule in the court.

He's a true alpha, one that also looks out for his herd and allows others to take the spotlight and play to their strengths when necessary. True alphas don't need the spotlight or the minutes, they don't need the shot attemps, they just need the acknowledgment, and Manu's got it.

imdaman99
12-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Definitely. I remember when both Duncan and Parker were out, Ginobli stepped up big time by averaging 35-5 in a 2 week stretch or something. It was a while back, but he's still hitting big shots. I remember him tying it at the end of game 6 against OKC last year when it looked bleak. He definitely has alpha in him.

#number6ix#
12-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Nah... I think he's an Argentinian

bizil
12-26-2014, 02:09 PM
Did you guys see the big 4 documentary with the Spurs?

It comes from Pop's mouth that Manu is allowed to do his thing beyond the system. There's an in game quote of Pop telling Tony or Duncan to just let (Manu) go regardless of the fact he's not sticking to the original plan... That's some serious alphaness there if coach Popovich allows you to rule in the court.

He's a true alpha, one that also looks out for his herd and allows others to take the spotlight and play to their strengths when necessary. True alphas don't need the spotlight or the minutes, they don't need the shot attemps, they just need the acknowledgment, and Manu's got it.

I do feel Manu is an alpha. But at the same time, only having 31.1 minutes as your career high in minutes DOESN'T ALLOW u to exert your alpha dominance like the MJs, Kobes, Iversons, Wests, Wades, Gervins, and Drexlers at that SG position. So I disagree with the minutes aspect of your argument in Manu's case. But all in all, i do feel Manu is an alpha.

hawksdogsbraves
12-26-2014, 03:52 PM
I do feel Manu is an alpha. But at the same time, only having 31.1 minutes as your career high in minutes DOESN'T ALLOW u to exert your alpha dominance like the MJs, Kobes, Iversons, Wests, Wades, Gervins, and Drexlers at that SG position. So I disagree with the minutes aspect of your argument in Manu's case. But all in all, i do feel Manu is an alpha.

Nobody is saying he's as great a player overall as a Kobe or Wade, but as far as being an alpha on the court, no doubt.

smoovegittar
12-26-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes. You should never under-estimate him.

oh the horror
12-26-2014, 04:27 PM
The fact that he is/was starter level talent and had no issues being a bench player that helped the system they wanted to play with no ego or gripes about it leads me to believe he's secure with his own self. Manu knows what to do in a game and when it's needed.

Kvnzhangyay
12-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Manu still thinks hes a star player sometimes and its painful to watch

SpanishACB
12-26-2014, 05:24 PM
The fact that he is/was starter level talent and had no issues being a bench player that helped the system they wanted to play with no ego or gripes about it leads me to believe he's secure with his own self. Manu knows what to do in a game and when it's needed.

This. People need to understand the true meaning of alpha when it comes to human society and stop thinking about wolves. A wolf is retarded in comparison to a human.

SpanishACB
12-26-2014, 05:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFU-wXsRhic

bizil
12-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Nobody is saying he's as great a player overall as a Kobe or Wade, but as far as being an alpha on the court, no doubt.

But he's not an alpha on the level of Wade and Kobe. The reason why is because those guys did the heavy lifting WITH MANY MORE MINUTES than Manu ever did. As I stated before, Manu's CAREER HIGH IN MINUTES PER GAME IN A SEASON is 31.1 minutes. Often times perfoming as a sixth man. U CAN'T put him on the level of alpha like Wade and Kobe.

SECONDLY, I think Manu STACKS up well to Kobe and Wade in terms of his all around ability. That's NOT THE ISSUE!! The issue is Manu's HEAVY LIFTING CAPABILITIES in comparison to Kobe and Wade. Once again Manu is an alpha for sure, but NOT on the same level as a Kobe or Wade. If u read MY POSTS CORRECTLY, u COULD SEE PLAIN AS DAY I said Manu was an alpha. So WHAT EXACTLY are u disagreeing with?

livingby3's
12-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Manu still thinks hes a star player sometimes and its painful to watch

According to ISH theory, that's an alpha right there