PDA

View Full Version : "Hawks can't beat the Bucks"

Milbuck
12-26-2014, 10:28 PM
Good little team, lot of nice pieces, but they can't beat the Bucks. Not quite up there with the best teams just yet.

navy
12-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Hawks stans quiet tonight.

atljonesbro
12-26-2014, 10:30 PM
"No one cares about the Hawks" - ISH

Proceeds to make a threads as soon as they lose after waiting so long.

Dr. Ice
12-26-2014, 10:31 PM

And...thread.

Milbuck
12-26-2014, 10:32 PM

I don't concern myself with the Hawks fans vs ISH beef. Just mentioning the Hawks can't beat the Bucks, has nothing to do with what Hawks fans have been saying for weeks.

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 10:32 PM
I don't concern myself with the Hawks fans vs ISH beef. Just mentioning the Hawks can't beat the Bucks, has nothing to do with what Hawks fans have been saying for weeks.

The all star Jared Dudley is too much for them.

WallIn
12-26-2014, 10:33 PM
Jared Dudley the Hawk slayer

lol

atljonesbro
12-26-2014, 10:33 PM
Hawks will probably win the next one. It's how those back to back matchups usually go.

CJ Mustard
12-26-2014, 10:35 PM
The Hawks are a 2nd round team, that's quite obvious. I highly doubt they stay atop the East throughout the season, they probably finish between 3rd-5th. Nice little surprise team, but not serious contenders.

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Hawks will probably win the next one. It's how those back to back matchups usually go.

They're not just losing... They're losing by 30.

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Hawks team: "Show up and we will get killed".

This team cannot handle expectations.

atljonesbro
12-26-2014, 10:37 PM
The Hawks are a 2nd round team, that's quite obvious. I highly doubt they stay atop the East throughout the season, they probably finish between 3rd-5th. Nice little surprise team, but not serious contenders.
Got a breakdown on why you think this or are you just talking out of your ass?They just came off the best stretch of any team in the league just a game ago lol.

Milbuck
12-26-2014, 10:39 PM
Got a breakdown on why you think this or are you just talking out of your ass?They just came off the best stretch of any team in the league just a game ago lol.
They're a nice team. Fun little squad with a lot of good pieces. But from what I've seen they can't beat the Bucks, imo.

atljonesbro
12-26-2014, 10:40 PM
They're a nice team. Fun little squad with a lot of good pieces. But from what I've seen they can't beat the Bucks, imo.
That's fine as long as we can beat the real teams like we have been.

red1
12-26-2014, 10:41 PM
I wanted to pop in and troll richesly but it looks like milbuck and hotlanta dude have already done the work. Hats off to you gentlemen

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 10:41 PM

It's not like they beat GS, Portland or Memphis.

The Rockets, Mavericks and Clippers are good teams, but they're pretenders.

Think about it... How many top teams has the Dallas Mavericks and Clippers beat?

Milbuck
12-26-2014, 10:42 PM
So the Hawks are getting slaughtered by 32 by an imaginary team?

atljonesbro
12-26-2014, 10:42 PM
So the Hawks are getting slaughtered by 30 by an imaginary team?
Nah just a team that won't matter come playoff time.

Milbuck
12-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Nah just a team that won't matter come playoff time.
One could say the same about the Hawks. They can't beat the Bucks, you know.

CJ Mustard
12-26-2014, 10:43 PM
No reliable 1 on 1 scorers, no one to take over offensively when the game slows down in the Playoffs. I like Teague, but he's not on the level of a Wall or Lowry right now. Cleveland has too much talent to continue to suck all year, they will hit their stride later in the season, Chicago will definitely pass them up if Rose gets back to 100%.

I don't put much stock in who plays the best in December, that means nothing by the Playoffs. The best teams at this point usually aren't the best teams at the end of the year.

navy
12-26-2014, 10:44 PM
There really is nothing stopping a Hawks Bucks playoff matchup...

Milbuck
12-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Man I hope not. I really like this Hawks team, I don't want to see them lose in the 1st round.

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 10:45 PM

Atlanta teams can't handle pressure and so being the favorite in a playoff series probably would cause them to fold.

atljonesbro
12-26-2014, 10:46 PM
No reliable 1 on 1 scorers, no one to take over offensively when the game slows down in the Playoffs. I like Teague, but he's not on the level of a Wall or Lowry right now. Cleveland has to much talent to continue to suck all year, they will hit their stride later in the season, Chicago will definitely pass them up if Rose gets back to 100%.

I don't put much stock in who plays the best in December, that means nothing by the Playoffs. The best teams at this point usually aren't the best teams at the end of the year.
You probably predicted that from the start as well, probably them missing the playoffs like most of the forum. Most of y'all on here said andre Drummond would be better than Anthony. Davis lmao. Y'all aren't near as smart as you think y'all are.

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 10:47 PM
Man I hope not. I really like this Hawks team, I don't want to see them lose in the 1st round.

All it took was a full arena for them to fall apart... They realize that the fans are showing up with expectations... And true to Hawks form, they let the fans down.

CJ Mustard
12-26-2014, 10:54 PM
You probably predicted that from the start as well, probably them missing the playoffs like most of the forum. Most of y'all on here said andre Drummond would be better than Anthony. Davis lmao. Y'all aren't near as smart as you think y'all are.
Didn't make a prediction for the East. I knew it was a complete crap shoot with the only Playoff locks being the Bulls, Cavs, Raptors, and Wizards. The Hawks have been a surprise team to this point, that goes without saying. But there are usually 1-2 surprise teams at this point every season. By the end of the year, the teams we expect to make it all the way (or deep into the Playoffs) usually do.

Anyone with a brain knew Davis would be better than Drummond. He was much further along and they're the same age. Davis was the consensus number 1 pick with no one being close. Trolls on ISH only predicted he'd be a bust to go against the grain/go out on a limb. "Most of yall" is a huge exaggeration.

navy
12-26-2014, 10:57 PM
The Hawks are a 2nd round team, that's quite obvious.
Are they really? Bulls, Cavs, Wizards, Raptors. Something has got to give.

CJ Mustard
12-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Are they really? Bulls, Cavs, Wizards, Raptors. Something has got to give.
I meant their ceiling is the 2nd round, I could just as easily see them going home in the first though. Depends on the match up I guess.

SugarHill
12-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Dudley really went 10/10 :biggums:

NDaATL
12-26-2014, 11:04 PM
All it took was a full arena for them to fall apart... They realize that the fans are showing up with expectations... And true to Hawks form, they let the fans down.
We seemed to do OK when the Clippers came to town a few nights ago.

Chill out, it's one game in December.

NDaATL
12-26-2014, 11:09 PM
I meant their ceiling is the 2nd round, I could just as easily see them going home in the first though. Depends on the match up I guess.
Don't base your opinion of this Hawks team on this game tonight. We played horrible. The Bucks did play well so I will give them credit where it's due. Sometimes you just get beat up, and we did tonight.

The Hawks COULD beat anyone in the East though, I'm not saying it will happen but it definitely could. We also could go out in the first round, who knows. It's December.

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 11:09 PM
We seemed to do OK when the Clippers came to town a few nights ago.

Chill out, it's one game in December.

They were losing for much of that game.

NDaATL
12-26-2014, 11:12 PM
They were losing for much of that game.
LOL so we didn't beat them well enough. This is the NBA you aren't going to beat good teams handily every night.

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 11:15 PM
LOL so we didn't beat them well enough. This is the NBA you aren't going to beat good teams handily every night.

The Clippers are the better team and they choked. The Hawks have already lose to Charlotte, Lakers, Orlando and now the Bucks. Not very impressive.

Think about this... They couldn't stop Jared Dudley.

NDaATL
12-26-2014, 11:28 PM
The Clippers are the better team and they choked. The Hawks have already lose to Charlotte, Lakers, Orlando and now the Bucks. Not very impressive.

Think about this... They couldn't stop Jared Dudley.
Whatever, GS lost to the Lakers the other night also. Not very impressive either. I guess they aren't legit. But, that doesn't fit your agenda.

Quit overreacting, it's December. Who knows what this team will look like come playoff time.

Milbuck
12-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Whatever, GS lost to the Lakers the other night also. Not very impressive either. I guess they aren't legit. But, that doesn't fit your agenda.

Quit overreacting, it's December. Who knows what this team will look like come playoff time.
All we know with certainty is that they can't beat the Bucks.

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 11:31 PM

They didn't get destroyed at home by 30 points.

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 11:34 PM
All we know with certainty is that they can't beat the Bucks.

They had a nice month though. December was really kind to them.

Milbuck
12-26-2014, 11:38 PM
They had a nice month though. December was really kind to them.
Dude you know I'm joking right? Why so pessimistic? :oldlol:

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 11:44 PM

I know that you're trolling a bit....

They shouldn't be taken seriously after tonight's performance.

Look, the Hawks had a sell out crowd tonight. A crowd that wasn't there to see the star player of the other team... Tonight they had a chance to try and build a fan base and the pissed it away. They played the worst they can play. They can't handle expectations. Simple as that.

Tonight is why they deserve to play in an empty area.

Uncle Drew
12-26-2014, 11:45 PM

That statement still stands, no one gives a fcuk about the goddamn Hawks. Not even the people in Georgia. It's just fun to rub this one in your faces, since every time the Hawks win a game, albeit against the goddamn Sixers, all three of you Hawk fans make numerous of shitty threads.

NDaATL
12-26-2014, 11:45 PM
Because we should win every game handily without any scare from any opposing team. Beating the Clippers wasn't impressive because they "choked" at the end and we came back from a deficit.

Beating @Houston, @Dallas, blowing out @Cleveland by 30, and the Bulls can all be thrown out the window because of this one loss.

Our season is over.

T_L_P
12-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Those two or three 'Hawks' fans really annoy me. The other Hawks fan, and the franchise as a whole, are quite humble. The team works really hard and they play entertaining basketball.

I know this is satire, Milbuck, but those posters make most of ISH hate the Hawks. :oldlol:

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Because we should win every game handily without any scare from any opposing team. Beating the Clippers wasn't impressive because they "choked" at the end and we came back from a deficit.

Beating @Houston, @Dallas, blowing out @Cleveland by 30, and the Bulls can all be thrown out the window because of this one loss.

Our season is over.

They had a nice month.

Legends66NBA7
12-26-2014, 11:50 PM
Buck s helping out the Raps.

KG215
12-26-2014, 11:53 PM
What happened to them tonight? They were on a tear lately and beat some of the top Western Conference teams. Then they come out tonight and lose to the Bucks at home by 30?

Hotlantadude81
12-26-2014, 11:54 PM
What happened to them tonight? They were on a tear lately and beat some of the top Western Conference teams. Then they come out tonight and lose to the Bucks at home by 30?

They've been hyped up lately and they had a sell out crowd tonight and they proceeded to show the fans why they shouldn't go to games.

NDaATL
12-26-2014, 11:56 PM
They had a nice month.
Doesn't matter, the Bucks blew us out so season = over.

I am sure Korver, Carroll, and Schroeder will continue to shoot a combined 2-24 the rest of the season. And I'm sure we will keep shooting 4-23 from behind the arc, and I'm sure Dudley will continue to shoot 100% from the field. :rolleyes:

Milbuck
12-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Those two or three 'Hawks' fans really annoy me. The other Hawks fan, and the franchise as a whole, are quite humble. The team works really hard and they play entertaining basketball.

I know this is satire, Milbuck, but those posters make most of ISH hate the Hawks. :oldlol:
Yeah just waiting on Richesly to give us his thoughts :oldlol:

Hotlantadude81
12-27-2014, 12:02 AM
Doesn't matter, the Bucks blew us out so season = over.

I am sure Korver, Carroll, and Schroeder will continue to shoot a combined 2-24 the rest of the season. And I'm sure we will keep shooting 4-23 from behind the arc, and I'm sure Dudley will continue to shoot 100% from the field. :rolleyes:

They were 7-6 a month ago and a 38 win team last year.

Hotlantadude81
12-27-2014, 12:10 AM
They have no right to talk about the lack of fan support from now on.

NDaATL
12-27-2014, 12:17 AM
They were 7-6 a month ago and a 38 win team last year.
You're right, we're not any good. :bowdown:

fsvr54
12-27-2014, 12:18 AM
They have no right to talk about the lack of fan support from now on.

It's one game you utter fakkit.

beastee
12-27-2014, 12:33 AM
Millbuck, I was at the game. Really nice showing by Milwaukee. Great ball movement and very unselfish play. Giannis was a let down. He still needs to finish stronger and use that length. Dudley lit it up. Hot as hell. Korver was ice cold and atlanta was sloppy passing all night long. Sat behind bayless's folks...real nice people.

Hotlantadude81
12-27-2014, 12:43 AM
It's one game you utter fakkit.

107-77

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The Hawks had a nice month, but The Buck stops here.

bdreason
12-27-2014, 01:09 AM
Hilarious how the Bucks have a better record than the Nets. :oldlol:

hawkfan
12-27-2014, 01:33 AM
Teams are going to start focusing on the Hawks.
It's going to get tougher.

sportjames23
12-27-2014, 01:41 AM
Yeah just waiting on Richesly to give us his thoughts :oldlol:

LOL, richesly no where to be seen.

hawksdogsbraves
12-27-2014, 05:38 AM
You're right, we're not any good. :bowdown:

I guess you're a new Hawks fan around here, welcome.

The FIRST thing you need to know is not to ever listen to Hotlantadude. I wouldn't classify him as a true troll, but he's insanely negative and you should never get worked up over him talking shit about the Hawks. He's actually fairly reasonable and informed other than his Eeyore mindset.

The SECOND thing you need to know is don't listen to any other Hawks fans on here. They are all true trolls and god only knows why. They're predictably absent from this thread.

I didn't see the game tonight and idk what happened, but we're obviously not the 15-2 or whatever we were in December, and we're obviously not 30 points worse than the Bucks.

It'll all balance out and we'll get one or two fun playoff series' come June. The Nets are doing our tanking for us so there's really nothing to worry about. We have no GM so it's not really worth imagining trade scenarios anyway :oldlol:

Dro
12-27-2014, 09:22 AM

The FIRST thing you need to know is not to ever listen to Hotlantadude. I wouldn't classify him as a true troll, but he's insanely negative and you should never get worked up over him talking shit about the Hawks. He's actually fairly reasonable and informed other than his Eeyore mindset.

The SECOND thing you need to know is don't listen to any other Hawks fans on here. They are all true trolls and god only knows why. They're predictably absent from this thread.

I didn't see the game tonight and idk what happened, but we're obviously not the 15-2 or whatever we were in December, and we're obviously not 30 points worse than the Bucks.

It'll all balance out and we'll get one or two fun playoff series' come June. The Nets are doing our tanking for us so there's really nothing to worry about. We have no GM so it's not really worth imagining trade scenarios anyway :oldlol:
:applause:

atljonesbro
12-27-2014, 10:04 AM
That statement still stands, no one gives a fcuk about the goddamn Hawks. Not even the people in Georgia. It's just fun to rub this one in your faces, since every time the Hawks win a game, albeit against the goddamn Sixers, all three of you Hawk fans make numerous of shitty threads.
You have an invested interest in the hawks losing if that's the case so you do care about the hawks. Just a fact no need to lie. You've been waiting for a very long time for them to lose.

atljonesbro
12-27-2014, 10:07 AM

Trolls, stop lol. You just want the approval of the the posters so bad. Everything I've said up to this point has been true. People just don't like the fact I don't talk down the hawks on purpose to seem "objective" or talk up their team and say they're better than the hawks. Also posters will reply to this saying I made threads I've didn't. I've said all year, the hawks are an elite team in the east and that's a fact.

BuffaloBill
12-27-2014, 10:11 AM
You have an invested interest in the hawks losing if that's the case so you do care about the hawks. Just a fact no need to lie. You've been waiting for a very long time for them to lose.

You don't have to wait very long for the Hawks to lose. It happens around the same time every year in late April/early May

Nuff Said
12-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Every single team, including the team who will end up with the best record at the end of the season will lose to teams with an inferior record to them, that is how the game goes. By your logic, the teams the got beaten by the obviously inferior atlanta hawks who lost to the bucks are garbage as well?

BuffaloBill
12-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Every single team, including the team who will end up with the best record at the end of the season will lose to teams with an inferior record to them, that is how the game goes. By your logic, the teams the got beaten by the obviously inferior atlanta hawks who lost to the bucks are garbage as well?

By 30 though?

turret
12-27-2014, 10:26 AM
memphis
okc
miami (twice)
clippers
phoenix

all lost to the bucks

they also took mavs & cavs to wire as well

come on guys

the bucks are not the knicks

GimmeThat
12-27-2014, 10:28 AM

the thin line between a genius and an idiot.
in describing the coach

too close to comfort might not be the right phrase here
and it don't even rhyme

but the cat being out of the bag has been the main theme lately

YouGotServed
12-27-2014, 10:30 AM
the thin line between a genius and an idiot.
in describing the coach

too close to comfort might not be the right phrase here
and it don't even rhyme

but the cat being out of the bag has been the main theme lately

deep

stay winning

Nuff Said
12-27-2014, 10:50 AM
By 30 though?
Yes.

BuffaloBill
12-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Yes.

Nope.

StephHamann
12-27-2014, 11:33 AM

http://media.giphy.com/media/SpDtRW5MJLzbO/giphy.gif

NDaATL
12-27-2014, 01:03 PM
By 30 though?
It happens. Have you not been following basketball very long, or are you just trolling? Teams get blown out. Even good teams.

We shot 4-23 from 3 (17%, our season average is 40%), and the Bucks had a guy come off the bench and shoot 10-10. We also set a season high in turnovers. All 3 of those things are very unlikely to happen again, especially all in the same game.

ballup
12-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Teams are going to start focusing on the Hawks.
It's going to get tougher.
Even NBA teams don't pay attention to the Hawks.

BuffaloBill
12-27-2014, 02:19 PM
It happens. Have you not been following basketball very long, or are you just trolling? Teams get blown out. Even good teams.

We shot 4-23 from 3 (17%, our season average is 40%), and the Bucks had a guy come off the bench and shoot 10-10. We also set a season high in turnovers. All 3 of those things are very unlikely to happen again, especially all in the same game.

The Hawks are obviously a good team. But that's all they have been ever since people started caring about basketball, a good team.

NDaATL
12-27-2014, 02:47 PM
The Hawks are obviously a good team. But that's all they have been ever since people started caring about basketball, a good team.
Agreed. But this team is definitely different than the JJ/Josh Smith ballhog teams of the past. Now that we have Horford back and we are in the second year of Bud's system our team is much improved.

I wouldn't put us in contender status, but we would have a chance against any team in the East in the playoffs, which couldn't be said about past teams. We could also lose, but we will see.

Relinquish
12-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Agreed. But this team is definitely different than the JJ/Josh Smith ballhog teams of the past. Now that we have Horford back and we are in the second year of Bud's system our team is much improved.

I wouldn't put us in contender status, but we would have a chance against any team in the East in the playoffs, which couldn't be said about past teams. We could also lose, but we will see.

Richesly's alt spotted :eek:

hawkfan
12-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Good little team, lot of nice pieces, but they can't beat the Bucks. Not quite up there with the best teams just yet.

Will Dudley have a repeat tonight of his game last night?
Or was that a once in a career performance?

atljonesbro
12-27-2014, 02:57 PM

I've pretty much been saying the exact same thing saying were an elite team in the east but I think we can contend and beat any western team. We could lose but we could win out too. Guys like buffalobill just don't want to accept the fact the hawks are a good enough team to win it all.

Milbuck
12-27-2014, 05:36 PM
memphis
okc
miami (twice)
clippers
phoenix

all lost to the bucks

they also took mavs & cavs to wire as well

come on guys

the bucks are not the knicks
This...

GimmeThat
12-27-2014, 05:48 PM
I've pretty much been saying the exact same thing saying were an elite team in the east but I think we can contend and beat any western team. We could lose but we could win out too. Guys like buffalobill just don't want to accept the fact the hawks are a good enough team to win it all.

Thats the thing about system.

You need to have the players AND the system which beats out 4 teams in the playoffs

being prepared matters -
its the adjustments

Hotlantadude81
12-27-2014, 09:17 PM

The point is that the Hawks had a rare sellout.... Most of the time when they have a sellout it is because the other team has star players. But we know that the Bucks have no such players... So, why did the Hawks have a sellout against the Bucks? The hype and the winning streak. The team had a chance to show the fans why they should come to games and invest in the team.... What did they do? They gave their worst effort of the season instead.

That's why last nights loss was a big deal.

hawksdogsbraves
12-27-2014, 11:38 PM
The point is that the Hawks had a rare sellout.... Most of the time when they have a sellout it is because the other team has star players. But we know that the Bucks have no such players... So, why did the Hawks have a sellout against the Bucks? The hype and the winning streak. The team had a chance to show the fans why they should come to games and invest in the team.... What did they do? They gave their worst effort of the season instead.

That's why last nights loss was a big deal.

Oh please, no game in December is a big deal.

We'll get the win back tonight and in a week nobody will even remember it.

atljonesbro
12-27-2014, 11:54 PM
And the Hawks put the Bucks right back under .500. Great thread.

Hotlantadude81
12-27-2014, 11:56 PM
They squeaked by in rather unimpressive fashion.

Hotlantadude81
12-27-2014, 11:58 PM
Oh please, no game in December is a big deal.

We'll get the win back tonight and in a week nobody will even remember it.

When you're arena is almost always empty it is a big deal to win when people are actually attending the games.

If December is no big deal why are people trying to pretend that the team is a contender for the title?

RRR3
12-27-2014, 11:59 PM
They squeaked by in rather unimpressive fashion.
I kinda want to see the Hawks win it all this year just to see your reaction lol

Milbuck
12-28-2014, 12:03 AM
And the Hawks put the Bucks right back under .500. Great thread.
First off, I mentioned that this was an obvious joke thread and that I had no problem with the Hawks or anything. Other Hawks fans have picked up on it, don't know why you're so defensive.

But I think it's amusing that as soon as this thread was made, you were the first to go "LOL YOU GUYS WERE JUST WAITING TO MAKE THIS THREAD" and then as soon as the Hawks win you come out of the woodworks to make this post.

Richesly
12-28-2014, 12:05 AM
I swear if Teague gets snubbeed from the ASG...:facepalm

Great game, Bucks. Glad we could get this win back.

JohnFreeman
12-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Bucks are not a team to laugh at

Hotlantadude81
12-28-2014, 12:07 AM
I kinda want to see the Hawks win it all this year just to see your reaction lol

They struggled to beat Khris Middleton, Jared Dudley, Jared Bayless and John Henson. I don't really see how that is something to be impressed with. Basically a roster full of 8th men.

Milbuck
12-28-2014, 12:07 AM
I swear if Teague gets snubbeed from the ASG...:facepalm

Great game, Bucks. Glad we could get this win back.
Hawks are gonna be alright. Still a dangerous playoff team imho, last night was an anomaly. Glad to see you being chill about it.

RRR3
12-28-2014, 12:08 AM
They struggled to beat Khris Middleton, Jared Dudley, Jared Bayless and John Henson. I don't really see how that is something to be impressed with.
I didn't say I was impressed. I just would like to see your reaction to a deep Hawks playoff run

atljonesbro
12-28-2014, 12:11 AM
First off, I mentioned that this was an obvious joke thread and that I had no problem with the Hawks or anything. Other Hawks fans have picked up on it, don't know why you're so defensive.

But I think it's amusing that as soon as this thread was made, you were the first to go "LOL YOU GUYS WERE JUST WAITING TO MAKE THIS THREAD" and then as soon as the Hawks win you come out of the woodworks to make this post.
Why are you so offended I post back in this thread when the Hawks beat them the very next night? You should have probably expected that regardless of it being a joke thread or not..

Milbuck
12-28-2014, 12:13 AM
They struggled to beat Khris Middleton, Jared Dudley, Jared Bayless and John Henson. I don't really see how that is something to be impressed with. Basically a roster full of 8th men.
Ugh. Stop it. The Bucks aren't the freaking Sixers or Pistons. If losing or just barely beating us means your season's over...the Grizzlies, Clippers, Mavs, Blazers, Cavs, Suns, Heat, etc should just quit the rest of the season.

Droid101
12-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Rename thread. Hawks can barely beat the Bucks, sometimes.

hawksdogsbraves
12-28-2014, 12:15 AM
When you're arena is almost always empty it is a big deal to win when people are actually attending the games.

If December is no big deal why are people trying to pretend that the team is a contender for the title?

Because those people are all trolls?

beastee
12-28-2014, 12:20 AM
I just would like to see your reaction to a deep Hawks playoff run
Don't get ahead of yourself man. East has 4 other solid teams and the Bulls are most likely a lock for ECF, and i don't see how Lebron isn't in the ECF either. So not sure how deep the 2nd round is?

atljonesbro
12-28-2014, 12:21 AM
Don't get ahead of yourself man. East has 4 other solid teams and the Bulls are most likely a lock for ECF, and i don't see how Lebron isn't in the ECF either. So not sure how deep the 2nd round is?
I keep hearing how much the Hawks have to prove yet the Bulls have proved less than the Hawks and the Cavs have proved far less than the Hawks.

beastee
12-28-2014, 12:27 AM
I keep hearing how much the Hawks have to prove yet the Bulls have proved less than the Hawks and the Cavs have proved far less than the Hawks.
Bulls have the best lineup in the conference and are finally starting to get healthy as a unit. Not sure you noticed but they have won 6 in a row since they played poorly in the ATL. With Gasol's playoff experience and the fact that Rose, Noah & Taj have been to an ECF they will tough to beat when the game slows down to a half court game.

Lebron. Really? You are putting the hawks up in a 2nd round against him and saying they haven't proven anything.

Hawks are a great team and have played beyond expectations. Lower yours a bit, so you and the other 3 hawks guys don't look so bad come playoff time.

Milbuck
12-28-2014, 12:27 AM
Why are you so offended I post back in this thread when the Hawks beat them the very next night? You should have probably expected that regardless of it being a joke thread or not..
What? You sarcastically said "good thread", as if this was a serious thread knocking the Hawks.

What haven't the Bulls proven for you?

atljonesbro
12-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Bulls have the best lineup in the conference and are finally starting to get healthy as a unit. Not sure you noticed but they have won 6 in a row since they played poorly in the ATL. With Gasol's playoff experience and the fact that Rose, Noah & Taj have been to an ECF they will be tough to be when the game slows down to a half court game.

Lebron. Really? You are putting the hawks up in a 2nd round against him and saying they haven't proven anything.

Hawks are a great team and have played beyond expectations. Lower yours a bit, so you and the other 3 hawks guys don't look so bad come playoff time.
You also realize the Hawks just came off a stretch of 5 stretch beating the Bulls, Cavs, Rockets, Mavs, and Clippers? And before that a 9 game win streak? Yet lets talk about the Bulls EPIC 6 game win streak. The Bulls just last year proved they can get bounced 1-4 out of the first round. With this new team they haven't proved anything. The Horfordless Hawks were better in the playoffs than the Bulls.

The Cavs are 18-11. Not impressive at all. At the rate they are going they aren't anything special at all. They haven't proved anything.

You're just being critical of the Hawks to be critical because you don't like the fans. Using double standards.

Hotlantadude81
12-28-2014, 12:38 AM
Ugh. Stop it. The Bucks aren't the freaking Sixers or Pistons. If losing or just barely beating us means your season's over...the Grizzlies, Clippers, Mavs, Blazers, Cavs, Suns, Heat, etc should just quit the rest of the season.

I'm sorry, but it's just not something to be impressed over.

I have nothing against the Bucks as a franchise... But most of the players on the team are journeymen, and they are .500 in one of the worst conferences in NBA history. They didn't just lose the first game... They got destroyed at HOME and they barely win the second game.

Again, that's nothing to be impressed with.

beastee
12-28-2014, 12:40 AM
You also realize the Hawks just came off a stretch of 5 stretch beating the Bulls, Cavs, Rockets, Mavs, and Clippers? And before that a 9 game win streak? Yet lets talk about the Bulls EPIC 6 game win streak. The Bulls just last year proved they can get bounced 1-4 out of the first round. With this new team they haven't proved anything. The Horfordless Hawks were better in the playoffs than the Bulls.

The Cavs are 18-11. Not impressive at all. At the rate they are going they aren't anything special at all. They haven't proved anything.

You're just being critical of the Hawks to be critical because you don't like the fans. Using double standards.
Nope. I have said numerous times that I like the Hawks. But you need to be honest. The Bulls and Cavs are the teams to beat in the east. The Raptors and Wizards look very good as well. The Hawks are very much as good as all of them...RIGHT now.
And don't even use last year's bulls team as a comparison. Rose was out, Noah was hurt - pretty useless to be honest and Jimmy Butler was not playing at a near MVP level. Add in Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic, Aaron brooks and you wanna bring up last year? Crazy man. There are two truths about playoff basketball: Stars & Defense win championships.

Bulls have defense when it matters and a recovering star, a rising star and a FMVP.

Cavs have the best player on earth- well at least in the East and 2 other top 15-20 talents.

The Hawks have a great rising coach, a pg who is a rising star and a lot of really nice pieces - horford, milsap & korver. I am just simply saying it's totally cool to be excited for your team. You should be. I think it's great for Atlanta. They need a reason to go to games and the team is forcing people to keep them top of mind. But you 4 guys are constantly posting about them being this unstoppable force. In the NBA only thing that truly matters is the playoffs, so enjoy the ride but be reasonable about what most likely will really happen.

atljonesbro
12-28-2014, 12:48 AM
Nope. I have said numerous times that I like the Hawks. But you need to be honest. The Bulls and Cavs are the teams to beat in the east. The Raptors and Wizards look very good as well. The Hawks are very much as good as all of them...RIGHT now.
And don't even use last year's bulls team as a comparison. Rose was out, Noah was hurt - pretty useless to be honest and Jimmy Butler was not playing at a near MVP level. Add in Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic, Aaron brooks and you wanna bring up last year? Crazy man. There are two truths about playoff basketball: Stars & Defense win championships.

Bulls have defense when it matters and a recovering star, a rising star and a FMVP.

Cavs have the best player on earth- well at least in the East and 2 other top 15-20 talents.

The Hawks have a great rising coach, a pg who is a rising star and a lot of really nice pieces - horford, milsap & korver. I am just simply saying it's totally cool to be excited for your team. You should be. I think it's great for Atlanta. They need a reason to go to games and the team is forcing people to keep them top of mind. But you 4 guys are constantly posting about them being this unstoppable force. In the NBA only thing that truly matters is the playoffs, so enjoy the ride but be reasonable about what most likely will really happen.
And yet with all the the thing you listed the Hawks have still been better than both of them. I don't see how it's stupid for me to say the Hawks are better than both of those teams when they've done nothing but be better than both of those teams this year. When the Cavs are Bulls start actually playing better than the Hawks I'll change my analysis then.

beastee
12-28-2014, 12:55 AM
And yet with all the the thing you listed the Hawks have still been better than both of them. I don't see how it's stupid for me to say the Hawks are better than both of those teams when they've done nothing but be better than both of those teams this year. When the Cavs are Bulls start actually playing better than the Hawks I'll change my analysis then.

Bulls are a better team right now.

Bulls were on the road on second night of a back to back and played their worst game of the season when the hawks won. Hawks have one less loss in the standings and the bulls have just run off 6 straight. I am sorry, but the Bulls are trending up and are built for the playoffs.

Atlanta has the 27th best Strength of schedule currently.
The Bulls are 19th and have finished their big circus west coast trip.
The Cavs are 7th and are still learning to play with each other.

Excited for them. It's great for Atlanta and their fans. BE REAL and think this through.

Hotlantadude81
12-28-2014, 01:20 AM
Bulls are a better team right now.

Bulls were on the road on second night of a back to back and played their worst game of the season when the hawks won. Hawks have one less loss in the standings and the bulls have just run off 6 straight. I am sorry, but the Bulls are trending up and are built for the playoffs.

Atlanta has the 27th best Strength of schedule currently.
The Bulls are 19th and have finished their big circus west coast trip.
The Cavs are 7th and are still learning to play with each other.

Excited for them. It's great for Atlanta and their fans. BE REAL and think this through.

There is no sure thing that it will work for the Cavs this year. They lost Anderson V and Love is a weak link on the defensive end. Lebron is still the best player in the game, but he's not as explosive as he was when he was with Cleveland before. He and Irving cannot do it by themselves.

Bulls... It remains to be seen if they can stay healthy. I think they're the best team in the conference if they do stay healthy. Toronto is the 2nd best team. After that, it's a tough call. The east is weak.

beastee
12-28-2014, 01:23 AM
There is no for sure thing that it will work for the Cavs this year. They lost Anderson V and Love is a weak link on the defensive end.

Bulls... It remains to be seen if they can stay healthy. I think they're the best team in the conference if they do stay healthy. Toronto is the 2nd best team. After that, it's a tough call. The east is weak.
Fair post.

:cheers: to the hawks. At least now when I go to games people are having a great time! Except Friday. That was brutal. Good luck to your team. I hope it's Bulls-Hawks in round 2 this year. I will be there and it's gonna be a battle!