PDA

View Full Version : Its been 50 years since Cleveland won their last championship

Mr. Jabbar
12-27-2014, 03:39 AM
Browns :applause:

Browns, Indians, Cavaliers combine for 141 seasons with no chips since then :biggums:

Can lebron(ald) break the curse?

BasedTom
12-27-2014, 03:44 AM
Half a ****ing century.

That's quite amazing when you think about it. At some point, you'd have to somehow stumble into a championship, right?

Done_And_Done
12-27-2014, 04:17 AM
Don't see it being curtailed this year. Especially with the recent loss Andy.

CavaliersFTW
12-27-2014, 04:19 AM
Also been 50 years since Cleveland has been living rent free in the mind of Americans who don't live there.

BasedTom
12-27-2014, 04:22 AM
Also been 50 years since Cleveland has been living rent free in the mind of Americans who don't live there.
http://i.imgur.com/cMK0fL7.jpg

COnDEMnED
12-27-2014, 04:26 AM
Also been 50 years since Cleveland has been living rent free in the mind of Americans who don't live there. I imagine the only people who live their are people who are born their. I've never heard someone say they'd willingly move to Cleveland. Probably only Ferguson and Detroit are less appealing.

nathanjizzle
12-27-2014, 09:09 AM
The curse of lebron and his dad

BuffaloBill
12-27-2014, 09:13 AM
I could see them going another 50

9erempiree
12-27-2014, 09:18 AM
OP = Legend.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362884

sportjames23
12-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Who will win first--the city of Cleveland or the Chicago Cubs?

Hey Yo
12-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Here's a ticket from their last title.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B53lAgGCMAAF3hT.png

DukeDelonte13
12-27-2014, 11:45 AM
so close in 1997 with the indians.

Straight_Ballin
12-27-2014, 11:47 AM

Feeling sorry for a city of losers isn't the same as said city living rent free. If Cleveland wouldn't push away every effort to help them, they might get somewhere but instead Cleveland offers protestors that throw bricks into wal-mart windows over at the steelyard. If they can't control their citizens, how they gonna control their sports teams?!

La Frescobaldi
12-27-2014, 11:49 AM
The city of San Diego, California, USA, has never claimed a modern North American major league professional sports championship (Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, or NBA Finals). San Diego is currently home to the National Football League's San Diego Chargers and Major League Baseball's San Diego Padres. San Diego has never had a National Hockey League franchise. The city has previously hosted two teams from the National Basketball Association: the San Diego Rockets from 1967 to 1971 (now located in Houston, Texas), and the San Diego Clippers from 1978 to 1984 (now located in Los Angeles, California).

San Diego also has the largest championship drought in the nation with at least two major-league sports franchises..............
thus wikipedia.

Big Fat Fail.

they won an AFL championship in 1963 does that count?

Still worse than Cleveland.

Straight_Ballin
12-27-2014, 11:53 AM
The city of San Diego, California, USA, has never claimed a modern North American major league professional sports championship (Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, or NBA Finals). San Diego is currently home to the National Football League's San Diego Chargers and Major League Baseball's San Diego Padres. San Diego has never had a National Hockey League franchise. The city has previously hosted two teams from the National Basketball Association: the San Diego Rockets from 1967 to 1971 (now located in Houston, Texas), and the San Diego Clippers from 1978 to 1984 (now located in Los Angeles, California).

San Diego also has the largest championship drought in the nation with at least two major-league sports franchises..............

Big Fat Fail.

San Diego though doesn't have cloudy, dark sky's 75% of the time with 70 in of snowfall. Might be as bad as Cleveland sport wise, but still dominates it on other fronts.

Hey Yo
12-27-2014, 12:03 PM
A World Series win in that 97 season would have helped ease the sting of the Browns moving to Baltimore the year before.

Instead it just furthered the gash in Cleveland fans hearts.

Hey Yo
12-27-2014, 12:06 PM

thus wikipedia.

Big Fat Fail.

It should count even though it wasn't called "The Super Bowl" at the time.

AFL team basically was today's AFC and the NFL is today's NFC. The 2 best still squared off for the overall title.

BasedTom
12-27-2014, 12:11 PM
against the Marlins too :cheers:

Funny how such a maligned mess of a team has in merely 21 years of existence and only 2 playoff runs already inspired massive grief to Cleveland, Chicago, and New York. Looks like Boston's up next.

LBJMVP
12-27-2014, 03:47 PM
I imagine the only people who live their are people who are born their. I've never heard someone say they'd willingly move to Cleveland. Probably only Ferguson and Detroit are less appealing.

I live in savannah georgia and when my parents retire they are moving to Cleveland, but they were born there and all the family is there.

imdaman99
12-27-2014, 05:03 PM
How do Clevelanders feel that Lebron ditched them to try to win championships with another team and succeeded only to come back when he's declining? I suppose they can forgive, doubt they will ever forget. It's not looking good for the Cavs this year. Many thought that Love would be the perfect fit with Lebron and so far he hasn't been. Kyrie will only get better, but there's no guarantee he sticks around either.

La Frescobaldi
12-27-2014, 06:23 PM
It should count even though it wasn't called "The Super Bowl" at the time.

AFL team basically was today's AFC and the NFL is today's NFC. The 2 best still squared off for the overall title.
still worse than Cleveland tho :lol

poido123
12-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Even when they have all the chips in their favor they find a way to f.ck it up.

should never have done the Love trade. F.ck Lebron

gilalizard
12-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Dumbest thing Cleveland did was letting LeDouche come back. They could of forged their own identity, and if they would of won a chip it would of been about them finally getting to the mountaintop. About them and their perseverance.

Now, with LeClown back in town, it's all about him. Cleveland is just the background in his story.

It will always be about what LeFlop did for Cleveland, not what Cleveland did for itself.

poido123
12-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Dumbest thing Cleveland did was letting LeDouche come back. They could of forged their own identity, and if they would of won a chip it would of been about them finally getting to the mountaintop. About them and their perseverance.

Now, with LeClown back in town, it's all about him. Cleveland is just the background in his story.

It will always be about what LeFlop did for Cleveland, not what Cleveland did for itself.

Agree with this.

Lebron the one man wrecking ball.

Mr. Jabbar
12-27-2014, 07:21 PM

yeah, and if they do win, lebron(ald) will be completely bald by then, not a good look for the history books

poido123
12-27-2014, 07:26 PM
yeah, and if they do win, lebron(ald) will be completely bald by then, not a good look for the history books

Lebron's headband not fooling you?

#catoutofthebag

CelticBaller
12-27-2014, 10:00 PM
What a shitty ass city

Mecca of losers

COnDEMnED
12-27-2014, 10:21 PM
I live in savannah georgia and when my parents retire they are moving to Cleveland, but they were born there and all the family is there.
So they're sacrificing where they live to be close to relatives? Why aren't they moving now? Cause they're still young enough to enjoy life and where they live? I can understand waiting until retirement, at that age you're just waiting to die. Might as well do it around family I guess.

When your parents leave are you going with them? I can't imagine downgrading from the beautiful Savannah Georgia to Cleveland Ohio.