PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather go to a cinema or watch a new release on YT?

dunksby
12-27-2014, 05:43 AM
Watching at home pros:

Your own couch
Silence
Familiar setting
Being able to pause if bathroom visit is needed
Ability to enjoy it with friends only

Watching at a cinema pros:

Huge ass screen
Cinematic feel
Enjoying or hating a movie with a lot of people
Having no responsibility for cleaning later

9erempiree
12-27-2014, 05:59 AM
Watching at a cinema pros:

Huge ass screen
Cinematic feel
Enjoying or hating a movie with a lot of people
Having no responsibility for cleaning later

I enjoy watching at home. Lets go over some of the things you mentioned.....

Huge ass screen- doesn't matter, if you have your own home theater you are good. A screen is proportionate to the size of the room. Try to buy bigger if you want that cinema feel.

Cinematic feel- that's nice and all but I have seen people's home theater decked out to feel like a cinema.

Enjoying or hating a movie with a lot of people- if the movie sucks, I can turn it off.

Having no responsibility for cleaning later- :biggums: dirty slob. How big of a mess do you make in public? You can't just pick your trash up and throw it away on your way out? You don't have to make a detour, the trash can is where you came in.

Velocirap31
12-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Other pros to watching at home would be not having to drive and park at a crowded movie theatre; wait in line to buy tickets or ridiculously priced snacks; relax on your couch which would be more comfortable than any movie theatre seat; lastly, you can text as much as you want at home.

GimmeThat
12-27-2014, 10:16 AM
some people secretly enjoy the time spent on getting to the cinema

that the cost of getting home afterwards doesn't even matter

Shade8780
12-27-2014, 11:26 AM
I love going to the cinema. Some good theatre popcorn can make a movie much more enjoyable.

9erempiree
12-27-2014, 11:46 AM
Depends if I'm going with a girl or not.

Do you change the sheets?

knickballer
12-27-2014, 12:08 PM
I think people may prefer going to cinema for "going out" while watching it on youtube doesn't have the same affect as you don't need to move from your couch.

For movie theaters it's a worrying trend as less people are willing to pay $10 or so per ticket at a theater and now some are offering a "better" experience by offering dinner, etc.