oh the horror
12-27-2014, 03:39 PM
NEW YORK

Bandito
12-27-2014, 03:54 PM
**** the mayor!

knickballer
12-27-2014, 03:57 PM
I forgot his exact his comments but I think he said something like the police were responsible for blood and in general the NYPD and Di Blasio have a rocky relationship from the get-go.

Me personally, I would like our politicians to remain relatively neutral in their stances and opinions with delicate situations like this. I felt like he got caught in with the wave of hysteria after the Ferguson/Garner case and used the situation for his own political advantage. Don't use the murder of a person to further elevate your career and to win points...

The cops turning their back is a bit childish as well as Di Blasio obviously isn't responsible for the death of the cops. Some people may disagree but the NYPD has done a great job in NYC turning it from a hotbed of crime and corruption to a very safe city.

Dresta
12-27-2014, 04:12 PM
So?

Bandito
12-27-2014, 04:14 PM
I forgot his exact his comments but I think he said something like the police were responsible for blood and in general the NYPD and Di Blasio have a rocky relationship from the get-go.

Me personally, I would like our politicians to remain relatively neutral in their stances and opinions with delicate situations like this. I felt like he got caught in with the wave of hysteria after the Ferguson/Garner case and used the situation for his own political advantage. Don't use the murder of a person to further elevate your career and to win points...

The cops turning their back is a bit childish as well as Di Blasio obviously isn't responsible for the death of the cops. Some people may disagree but the NYPD has done a great job in NYC turning it from a hotbed of crime and corruption to a very safe city.
They probably got inspired by the Dark Knight Rises.

Akrazotile
12-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Was the dude actually a hero or was he just a cop?

Well if Michael Brown can be called a hero I guess that kinda opens the door for anyone to qualify.

IamRAMBO24
12-27-2014, 04:51 PM
I think the cops are very polarizing. The mayor openly supports the cops, but the problem is he has reached out to the protestors as well by recognizing racial profiling is a problem.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-27-2014, 05:14 PM
I think the cops are very polarizing. The mayor openly supports the cops, but the problem is he has reached out to the protestors as well by recognizing racial profiling is a problem.
Exactly. I don't see how the mayor's comments/actions have anything to do with those police officers getting murdered. Funny how the police ask the people to stop protesting til after the officers have been buried, but then turn around and protest the mayor at the ceremony for those police officers.

fpliii
12-27-2014, 05:19 PM
SMH :facepalm dat immaturity

Bandito
12-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Was the dude actually a hero or was he just a cop?
Just a cop. Got shot in his face by this black dude inspired by Ferguson.

Riley Martin
12-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Ok

longtime lurker
12-27-2014, 05:33 PM
Exactly. I don't see how the mayor's comments/actions have anything to do with those police officers getting murdered. Funny how the police ask the people to stop protesting til after the officers have been buried, but then turn around and protest the mayor at the ceremony for those police officers.

Exactly. The incident has nothing to do with the mayor's comments. They're just being used by right wing pundits and the corrupt police union to create an atmosphere of animosity. All De Blasio did was acknowledge the tensions between the black community and the police and mentioned that the relationship needs to be fixed. It just shows how big a piece of shit the NYPD is that they turn their backs on the mayor for simply showing empathy. It's still amazing how people refuse to acknowledge that the whole "with us or against us" mentality is the whole problem with police.

Patrick Chewing
12-27-2014, 10:00 PM
Good for the cops. If the mayor doesn't support the cops and says there is an underlying racial issue with them, then he doesn't deserve to be their boss.

MadeFromDust
12-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Ahhhhh the terrorists in blue bucking at authority. How nice :rolleyes:

IcanzIIravor
12-28-2014, 02:05 AM
Good for the cops. If the mayor doesn't support the cops and says there is an underlying racial issue with them, then he doesn't deserve to be their boss.

Is it possible in your world to support police and recognize the underlying problems the NYPD has a history with? The police should do a greater job weeding out the bad cops instead of holding steady with the blue wall.

IamRAMBO24
12-28-2014, 02:41 AM

Ridiculous comment. He does support the cops. He just wants unity and better relations between civilians and them. Sh*t that's their job. It says it on their fake logo "To serve and protect." It should really be this ..

http://farmers.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Hyena-Day-Rides/Photo0800/1236550710_vVeb5-M.jpg

It's the wild west. This whole attitude of "us against them" only works when you're in the desert in afghanistan. You're dealing with regular citizens for the most part are law abiding good citizens. Treating all blacks as criminals is a farce. It doesn't fit with the facts.

Goon Time
12-28-2014, 03:25 AM
Well if Michael Brown can be called a hero I guess that kinda opens the door for anyone to qualify.

oh chris, more dull sarcasm. is it weird to go home for the holidays and be at your place? your life is a joke

MadeFromDust
12-28-2014, 03:42 AM
I think the communities should start organizing or hiring armed militias...make these thug gangs with badges obsolete. It's our taxpayer dollars paying their damn salaries and pensions so why not fire their asses since they've turned against us?

oh the horror
12-28-2014, 04:58 AM
I'm pleased that most of you recognized the sentiments of the whole "if you're not with us then you're against us" mentality these officers are creating.
Essentially by turning their backs on the police I feel like they're turning their backs on the people they're suppose to serve and protect. Officers here exhibited the same thing we all thought about them. They're a gang. Period.