PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler is the MIP...but is he also the MVP?

stalkerforlife
12-27-2014, 11:14 PM
Dude has been BLOWING up. Another 30+ game.

Goodness, a top 5 two way player in the WORLD.

WHAT THE F HAPPENED OVER ONE OFFSEASON.

Roundball_Rock
12-27-2014, 11:16 PM
Yes. :bowdown:

Poetry
12-27-2014, 11:18 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

stalkerforlife
12-27-2014, 11:19 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

Epic Jack.

HomieWeMajor
12-27-2014, 11:20 PM
Best guard to play for the bulls since MJ :bowdown:

bluechox2
12-27-2014, 11:21 PM
best backcourt

Milbuck
12-27-2014, 11:21 PM
He just seems so much more confident, he's imposing his will on the game now like a true star. On both ends of the floor. 22/6/3/2/1 on 60% TS and a top 3 perimeter defender in the league..dude is playing just under Paul George level right now. He's in the MVP conversation..but he should have MIP locked imo.

Big Cheese
12-27-2014, 11:22 PM
Dude has been BLOWING up. Another 30+ game.

Goodness, a top 5 two way player in the WORLD.

WHAT THE F HAPPENED OVER ONE OFFSEASON.

I read an article that said during the offseason he rented a cabin with no internet or cable so he could only focus on basketball and he worked out three times a day.

stalkerforlife
12-27-2014, 11:23 PM
I read an article that said he rented a cabin with no internet or cable so he could only focus on basketball and he worked out three times a day.

Damn. Major props. Big time move and it has paid off.

That work ethic is amazing.

T_L_P
Best Bull since Pippen. He's been amazing this season. :bowdown:

T_L_P

navy
12-27-2014, 11:25 PM
lol did Derrick Rose die?

The_Pharcyde
12-27-2014, 11:27 PM

Yeah bro 1-9!!!! Jordan sucks ****!!!!
Lbj!!! Lbj!!!

nba_55
12-27-2014, 11:28 PM
Great hard working player. Bulls should everything to keep him, he will only continue to improve, get him the max if that's what it takes to keep him.

beastee
12-27-2014, 11:29 PM
His new money move is that quick spin drive into the post. That move is worth about 15 mil it seems. Such a good time to be a bulls fan. Their team is mostly drafted too. Rose, butler, Noah, taj, nikola, hinrich are all in house. Good drafting, especially on butler.

Relinquish
12-27-2014, 11:59 PM
He just seems so much more confident, he's imposing his will on the game now like a true star. On both ends of the floor. 22/6/3/2/1 on 60% TS and a top 3 perimeter defender in the league..dude is playing just under Paul George level right now. He's in the MVP conversation..but he should have MIP locked imo.

Better than Paul George level. :applause:

More dominant AND more efficient :applause:

lilteapot
12-28-2014, 12:01 AM
lol did Derrick Rose die?
Butler has been the best player for the Bulls this season

JohnFreeman
12-28-2014, 12:02 AM
Best bull since the 90s

bdreason
12-28-2014, 12:13 AM
He has MIP on lock.

MVP should go to someone in the West.

Clocian-IGN
12-28-2014, 12:42 AM
Dude went off

beastee
12-28-2014, 12:43 AM
Dude goes off nightly
Fixed. :cheers:

Nastradamus
12-28-2014, 12:51 AM
Man I loved Butler coming out but never saw him becoming this caliber of scorer.

I'm not sure that he's MVP, but its certainly not ridiculous to talk about him being in the picture.

Clocian-IGN
12-28-2014, 12:55 AM
Fixed. :cheers:

True. Thanks for the fix :cheers:

YouGotServed
12-28-2014, 12:58 AM
I'm not sure that he's MVP, but its certainly not ridiculous to talk about him being in the picture.

I'm pretty sure it is. :oldlol: No rational fan thinks Butler is in MVP conversation. stop it.

Nowitness
12-28-2014, 01:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it is. :oldlol: No rational fan thinks Butler is in MVP conversation. stop it.

Then again you can't give Harden the MVP after being cucked by Lillard last year.

YouGotServed
12-28-2014, 01:10 AM
Then again you can't give Harden the MVP after being cucked by Lillard last year.

But, you can.

I win, again.

TheMan
12-28-2014, 01:15 AM
His new money move is that quick spin drive into the post. That move is worth about 15 mil it seems. Such a good time to be a bulls fan. Their team is mostly drafted too. Rose, butler, Noah, taj, nikola, hinrich are all in house. Good drafting, especially on butler.
Just wait a year or two and you 'll add McDermott's name to that list.

GarPax :bowdown:

Roundball_Rock
12-28-2014, 01:17 AM

How often does the best player on the best team in a conference not receive MVP consideration? If the Bulls finish with the best record in the East, as they should, and a top 1-3 record in the NBA (Chicago is 3 games behind Golden State for the best record and only 2 games behind Toronto for 3rd place) Butler will finish no worse than 5th in MVP voting. Granted, last year Paul George was the best player on the top seed--but both he and his team closed the final third of the season so poorly it eliminated him as a contender. Prior to that he was receiving legitimate consideration and was in most people's top 5 MVP candidates during the first half of the season. 15' Butler>14' George. 15' Chicago>14' Indiana.

IamRAMBO24
12-28-2014, 01:50 AM
I can see him getting MIP but definitely not MVP. MVP also takes into consideration impact and I don't think he has the same kind of impact as Rose or Noah. Harden, Curry, and Westbrook (if OKC makes it in the top 5) are much better candidates more important to their team. Butler as MVP is a ridiculous notion that does not take into account how the voting system works.

beastee
12-28-2014, 01:53 AM
Butler as MVP is a ridiculous notion that does not take into account how the voting system works.
Yeah. You win MVP on reputation you have earned the previous 2 seasons, plus how well you were a media darling the year you got it. Like Rose, Like Nash, to a degree Lebron as well.

outside of hardcore bball fans, most casuals would be like "who the **** is jimmy butler?"

navy
12-28-2014, 01:54 AM
Yeah. You win MVP on reputation you have earned the previous 2 seasons, plus how well you were a media darling the year you got it. Like Rose, Like Nash, to a degree Lebron as well.

outside of hardcore bball fans, most casuals would like who the **** is jimmy butler?
:biggums:

beastee
12-28-2014, 01:55 AM
:biggums:
Ha. Just seeing if anyone actually read the post. Just playin. :lol

IamRAMBO24
12-28-2014, 01:56 AM

outside of hardcore bball fans, most casuals would be like "who the **** is jimmy butler?"

You also win based on narrative, so I put Westbrook in the conversation if OKC picks it up and makes it in the top 5.

navy
12-28-2014, 01:58 AM
You also win based on narrative, so I put Westbrook in the conversation if OKC picks it up and makes it in the top 5.
You really think that will happen with Durant not going off?

navy
12-28-2014, 01:59 AM
Yall know damn well Jimmy Butler aint winning no MVPs. Great player though, not trying to take anything away from him. But MVP? Really? Just like last year with Paul George.

noob cake
12-28-2014, 02:02 AM
Yall know damn well Jimmy Butler aint winning no MVPs. Great player though, not trying to take anything away from him. But MVP? Really? Just like last year with Paul George.

Media loves the Bulls. See Rose's MVP media blitz.

IamRAMBO24
12-28-2014, 02:05 AM
You really think that will happen with Durant not going off?

If Westbrook carries the team and Durant takes a back seat, the narrative will be as tantalizing as last season when he was out and Durant took over. I think OKC is THAT good with one of them not on the floor. There is something about their system that brings out the best in players. Look at Harden. Dude is a third stringer and he's in the running for MVP this season. Westbrook would still be legit leading his own team. OKC is going to surprise a lot of people this season. With the Spurs aging, the Heat dismantling, and Paul George out, the field is wide open for the taking.

eeeeeebro
12-28-2014, 02:19 AM
Nash won mvp if butler keeps getting better and he is - every game the guy is down right dominating. to the point that the team just looks to give it to butler. IF we win 10 - 20 games in a row and end the season with the best record - i see us getting MVP. NASH WON MVP 2 years in a row. ITS A LONG SEASOn and we are now in sink its gonna take a real good team to knock us off our pace.

IamRAMBO24
12-28-2014, 02:25 AM
Nash won mvp if butler keeps getting better and he is - every game the guy is down right dominating. to the point that the team just looks to give it to butler. IF we win 10 - 20 games in a row and end the season with the best record - i see us getting MVP. NASH WON MVP 2 years in a row. ITS A LONG SEASOn and we are now in sink its gonna take a real good team to knock us off our pace.

Nash won MVP because he was the most impactful player on the team with a cinderella story. Butler has neither going for him. He might get MIP and that bullsh*t buddy award, but no one is going to vote for him come MVP time.

Undisputed
12-28-2014, 02:48 AM
Yall know damn well Jimmy Butler aint winning no MVPs.
Certainly not this season, but no MVPs?? You can't predict that at this point.

navy
12-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Certainly not this season, but no MVPs?? You can't predict that at this point.
I will and just did. Jimmy Butler will never win an MVP. (regular season)

Bookmark it. Bump it in ten years.

Undisputed
12-28-2014, 02:54 AM
I will and just did. Jimmy Butler will never win an MVP. (regular season)

Bookmark it. Bump it in ten years.
I do not care about you or your opinion to even bump something you said yesterday. Let alone in ten years.

The way JB blew up this season is proof enough that no one has a clue how good he will be. This could just be a mirage, or he could be a superstar coming out before our eyes. I say you can't predict based on how unpredictable his improvement has been.

Angel Face
12-28-2014, 02:56 AM
Best 2 - way guard this season, Lock for MIP. Hope he gets selected as an all star this season, he deserves it.

Rose and Butler will be the best back court come Feb.

All Net
12-28-2014, 05:57 AM
He's easily in the convo

Clocian-IGN
12-28-2014, 06:15 AM
Jimmy Butler Full Highlights 2014.12.27 vs Pelica

eeeeeebro
12-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Nash won MVP because he was the most impactful player on the team with a cinderella story. Butler has neither going for him. He might get MIP and that bullsh*t buddy award, but no one is going to vote for him come MVP time.

MVP goes to the team that gets the most wins NORMALY thats why jordan wouldnt get MVP every year. Clearly every year jordan was clear cut best player out there.

All Net
12-28-2014, 07:55 AM
There is no clear cut MVP this year. .it's great.

Basketbolero
12-28-2014, 09:18 AM
That 2011 draft is turning to be an epic success for the Bulls FO. Turned picks 28,30 & 43 into Butler & Mirotic :bowdown:

VengefulAngel
12-28-2014, 10:02 AM
There is no clear cut MVP this year. .it's great.

Yes its first time in long time where there are 5-10 candidates for MVP. I just think that if Lebron can get it together he can play on a much higher level than the rest, but he still doesn't look right so this will be interesting till the end.

Roundball_Rock
12-28-2014, 12:00 PM
People are ignoring the importance of team record. Historically you need a top 3-4 record in the league to win. This will narrow the list of contenders considerably. Yes, there are exceptions like Kareem winning a MVP with a losing record or MJ winning as the #4 seed in the East but the general rule holds.

Records of recent MVP winners

Durant: 59-23, 2nd overall, 2nd in conference.
LeBron: 66-16, 1st overall, 1st in conference.
LeBron: 46-20, 4th overall, 2nd in conference.
Rose: 62-20, 1st overall, 1st in conference.
LeBron: 63-19, 1st overall, 1st in conference.
Kobe: 57-25, 3rd overall, 1st in conference.
Dirk: 67-15, 1st overall, 1st in conference.
Nash: 54-28, 4th overall, 2nd in conference.
Nash: 62-20, 1st overall, 1st in conference.
Garnett: 58-24, 2nd overall, 1st in conference.

This is why Westbrook is very unlikely to win. At best the Thunder will get to 5th or 6th--in their own conference.

It is early but currently strong contenders for finishing with a top 3-4 record in the league are Chicago, Toronto, Washington in the East and Portland, Golden State, Memphis, Houston, and Dallas. Some of these teams lack a strong MVP candidate. As it always does, by the spring we will be down to three or four legitimate MVP candidates. Butler has a great chance of being one of them. The "threat" to his MVP candidacy is Rose eclipsing him in the second half of the season but the Bulls should have the record required to produce a MVP contender.

Eric Cartman
12-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Ain't even top 5 tbh.

Twiens
12-28-2014, 12:07 PM
Got this beast in the 5th or 6th round in fantasy this year :cheers:

Top Gun
12-28-2014, 12:10 PM
If Rose gets back to his MVP form the Bulls will be a massive threat.

VengefulAngel
12-28-2014, 01:02 PM
People are ignoring the importance of team record. Historically you need a top 3-4 record in the league to win. This will narrow the list of contenders considerably. Yes, there are exceptions like Kareem winning a MVP with a losing record or MJ winning as the #4 seed in the East but the general rule holds.

This is why Westbrook is very unlikely to win. At best the Thunder will get to 5th or 6th--in their own conference.

It is early but currently strong contenders for finishing with a top 3-4 record in the league are Chicago, Toronto, Washington in the East and Portland, Golden State, Memphis, Houston, and Dallas. Some of these teams lack a strong MVP candidate. As it always does, by the spring we will be down to three or four legitimate MVP candidates. Butler has a great chance of being one of them. The "threat" to his MVP candidacy is Rose eclipsing him in the second half of the season but the Bulls should have the record required to produce a MVP contender.

Lebron and Dirk :applause: :applause:.

Lebron has a decent shot at winning it this year, the narrative is always on his side. Varejao injured gives Lebron a chance to improve his numbers whilst carrying the newly constructed Cavs to a decent record. They''re 18-11 at the moment and have the hardest schedule of any .500 ball club. Plus Lebron doesn't look like himself, gives him decent shot at regaining some momentum.

Roundball_Rock
12-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Lebron and Dirk :applause: :applause:.

Lebron has a decent shot at winning it this year, the narrative is always on his side. Varejao injured gives Lebron a chance to improve his numbers whilst carrying the newly constructed Cavs to a decent record. They''re 18-11 at the moment and have the hardest schedule of any .500 ball club. Plus Lebron doesn't look like himself, gives him decent shot at regaining some momentum.

All good points. Going into the season I had LeBron as the favorite for MVP, both because he is the best player and because the "coming home" narrative would be a powerful sell. However, I am not so sure now. He could still do it for the reasons you mentioned but I am skeptical about whether Cleveland can get enough wins to allow LeBron to be strongly considered. The Cavs likely will finish 3rd or 4th in the East. They have a good chance of surpassing Atlanta and one of Toronto or Washington could slightly faded, allowing them to get to 3rd. Still, when is the last time a MVP winner was on a team which was not a top 2 seed in his conference? I think MJ in 88' (4th in the East with 50 wins) was the last time.

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2014, 02:25 PM

George did 22/7/4 on 42%
Butler is doing 22/6/3 on 49%

The gap in efficiency is MONSTROUS, Jimmy Buckets >> PG.

Undisputed
12-28-2014, 03:26 PM
George did 22/7/4 on 42%
Butler is doing 22/6/3 on 49%

The gap in efficiency is MONSTROUS, Jimmy Buckets >> PG.
I had no idea Paul George only shot 42 percent from the field last season. Thats not very good. Not taking anything away from his impact because without PG the Pacers would have been lucky to be half the team they were last season...I just thought he was more efficient.

hitmanyr2k
12-28-2014, 03:46 PM
I had no idea Paul George only shot 42 percent from the field last season. Thats not very good. Not taking anything away from his impact because without PG the Pacers would have been lucky to be half the team they were last season...I just thought he was more efficient.

Paul George was inefficient because his offensive game was very mediocre to be honest. He was in love with the three point shot and the rest of his shots were mostly long twos. His slashing and midrange game were non-existent so it wasn't surprising when he fell off. Butler's impact I think is more sustainable because he has a better offensive arsenal. He has the 3 point range but doesn't find the need to jack them up at a ridiculous rate. Instead he mixes up the slashing, the midrange game off the dribble or catch and shoot, and then there's the post game.

kshutts1
12-28-2014, 03:56 PM
MVP award is coming down to Lebron or Durant, let's be real.

There may be tons of players that have an argument, but as long as the Thunder play well with Durant, and/or the Cavs are a top 4 seed, it's one of those 2.

navy
12-28-2014, 04:25 PM
He faded the second half of the season. He was really efficient initially.

Through the first two months of the campaign, George was brilliant, as evidenced by his averages in points (23.8), rebounds (5.9) and assists (3.5) as well as his shooting efficiency (47.1 percent).

George

SamuraiSWISH
12-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Jimmy Buckets doing his THANG this contract season. It's all about the lettuce. Don't know if it's sustainable. We'll see. Our real MVP is going to cook in the playoffs. You'll see soon. His man defense is still impressive though.

Shih508
12-28-2014, 04:49 PM
MVP goes to the team that gets the most wins NORMALY thats why jordan wouldnt get MVP every year. Clearly every year jordan was clear cut best player out there.

MVP usually goes to the most impact players on the team that exceed most expectations. Like Sixers' AI and Sun's Nash. (Chris Paul got robbed in 08).

If there's no such team then it goes to the best player on the best team.

SCdac
12-28-2014, 05:36 PM
funny to talk about a Bull almost winning both awards because Rose finished 4th in Most Improved voting in his MVP year. Came close to doing it. Probably been mentioned already but still interesting. Butler definitely breaking out despite not being a huge name in the L

guy
12-28-2014, 05:50 PM

It won't be anyone from the Bulls regardless of their record, which I expect to be in the high 50s/low 60s win totals. Butler's been our best player, but 22/6/3 isn't going to cut it, and I expect that to go down a little as Rose gets better, who's currently at 18/3/5. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up with almost identical stats when the year ends. On top of that, even Gasol has almost been as productive. There's no one, not even Butler, that sticks out enough on the Bulls for anyone on the Bulls to win. And IMO, that's a great thing.

I expect it to be Curry, Harden, Lebron, or Wall. GS might get the best record, and Curry is clearly their best player, even though his stats aren't typical MVP numbers. Harden is somewhat in the same boat with better numbers and probably a lower win total. I expect Cleveland to go on a run and still end up with high 50s/low 60s win totals, with Lebron putting up the same type of MVP numbers. John Wall is a wildcard, but he's putting up some great numbers, basically Steve Nash MVP numbers with much better defense, and his team doing great, which I expect to continue but maybe not at the same pace. So it'll be between those 4 IMO.

Marc Gasol just doesn't have the stats to get it. Anthony Davis won't have a high enough record. And neither Westbrook or Durant would've played enough games or had a good enough record.

poido123
12-28-2014, 05:52 PM
MJ's ghost lives on through this man Jimmy Butler.

A stone cold killer on the basketball court.

Has been a pleasure to watch this guy play and I admire the work he has put in to get to this position.

He along with Rose can carry this Bulls team to a title.

Papaya Petee
12-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Jesus Christ the quality of stars in this league has down if Jimmy Butler is in MVP talks.

22\6\3 is MVP numbers now? Really?

2008-2009 Brandon Roy was a 22\5\5 STUD on a 54-28 Blazers team and basically got no MVP consideration that year.

Wow.

nnn123
12-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Jesus Christ the quality of stars in this league has down if Jimmy Butler is in MVP talks.

2008-2009 Brandon Roy was a 22\5\5 STUD on a 54-28 Blazers team and basically got no MVP consideration that year.

Wow.

Jimmy Butler plays lockdown D, unlike Roy

Kiddlovesnets
12-28-2014, 06:57 PM
The Bulls do not have a record good enough for anyone on this team to be considered MVP.

BIG FURB
12-28-2014, 07:39 PM
The Bulls do not have a record good enough for anyone on this team to be considered MVP.

I'm willing to bet that by the end of the regular season they will. If you haven't been paying attention they're playing really good ball right now

Roy finished 9th in mvp voting that year, and as already pointed out, doesn't play D like Butler. Now Butler isn't gonna win mvp, but if he maintains this level of play he definitely deserves to be in the conversation

poido123
12-28-2014, 08:21 PM

Wow.

Can always count on you for an anti-Bulls post :applause:

But i agree, Butler needs to elevate even higher to be considered for MVP. If he averaged 25-27 points per game from hereonin with better stats and a dominant team? Could make a late run, he continues to get better and better.

nightprowler10
12-28-2014, 08:51 PM
See, we've been calling him Jimmy Buckets for 3 years for a reason.

Papaya Petee
12-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Can always count on you for an anti-Bulls post :applause:

But i agree, Butler needs to elevate even higher to be considered for MVP. If he averaged 25-27 points per game from hereonin with better stats and a dominant team? Could make a late run, he continues to get better and better.
Not an anti-Bulls thing at all, matter of fact I predicted the Bulls to win the East and I stand by it.

Just saying 22\6\3 on good defense isn't MVP material

poido123
12-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Not an anti-Bulls thing at all, matter of fact I predicted the Bulls to win the East and I stand by it.

Just saying 22\6\3 on good defense isn't MVP material

so if he put up 28/8/3 on bad defense, he would be considered? because he could probably increase his scoring if he didn't have to defend on the other end like he does.

You have to credit elite defense for some of those stats. Players like Nash who's won it twice was a poor defender.

Roundball_Rock
12-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Good points, guy. I think it is very unlikely that any Bull wins the MVP award this year but there is a good chance either Butler or Rose, depending on how the rest of the season goes, finishes in the top 5 in voting. The best player on a top 3-4 team in the league almost by definition will receive MVP consideration (exceptions exist like the Pistons of the mid to late 2000's--and even on those teams Billups did place 5th in 2006 on the 64 win Pistons), especially if the Bulls win the #1 seed in the East. Right now the best player on the Bulls is Butler but Rose could surpass him by the end of the season. If that happens that would weaken both of their cases.

Neither Westbrook or Durant have a real chance of winning the MVP. They deflate each other's vote totals, have missed time and OKC won't have a good enough record.

poido123
12-28-2014, 10:37 PM
Good points, guy. I think it is very unlikely that any Bull wins the MVP award this year but there is a good chance either Butler or Rose, depending on how the rest of the season goes, finishes in the top 5 in voting. The best player on a top 3-4 team in the league almost by definition will receive MVP consideration (exceptions exist like the Pistons of the mid to late 2000's--and even on those teams Billups did place 5th in 2006 on the 64 win Pistons), especially if the Bulls win the #1 seed in the East. Right now the best player on the Bulls is Butler but Rose could surpass him by the end of the season. If that happens that would weaken both of their cases.

Neither Westbrook or Durant have a real chance of winning the MVP. They deflate each other's vote totals, have missed time and OKC won't have a good enough record.

If Bulls finish with the best record, Rose or Butler have a very good chance.

Cavs may have a weak record which prevents Lebron's chances, same with Anthony Davis.

The frontrunning candidate at this stage would be Curry, but I don't think Butler is too far behind him.

guy
12-29-2014, 01:31 AM

Bulls right now really resemble the 04-06 Pistons and 08-11 Celtics where they have great records but no one sticks out. In fact, I'd say the Bulls are more talented and deeper then those teams.

NZStreetBaller
12-29-2014, 01:35 AM
Coaches must love it when a player steps up like this. it saves them having to trade and sht.

Papaya Petee
12-29-2014, 07:47 AM
so if he put up 28/8/3 on bad defense, he would be considered? because he could probably increase his scoring if he didn't have to defend on the other end like he does.

You have to credit elite defense for some of those stats. Players like Nash who's won it twice was a poor defender.
Yes, he would be considered, thats how much more valuable being elite in scoring is compared to defense sadly enough.

28 Points 8 Rebounds would be Kevin Durant territory, who never was a good defender, yet always 1st or 2nd in the last what, 4 years?

Lockdown defense will get you consideration for DPOY at 22\6\3, not MVP.

keep-itreal
12-29-2014, 08:05 AM
Pau Gasol is actually MVP.

Just like he was during the Lakers championship years

Pointguard
12-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Chicago hasn't hit stride yet. Might be just starting to now. So we really don't know if Gasol or Rose might be more central or if the team will be a tripod of equal input. The league is off to a slow start and no lead horse has grasped the MVP just yet. I think Butler is a great surprise contestant, but you got to have 5 and a half MVP months before you can snatch that award in your first breakout year.

GOBB
12-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Contract year? Just a coincidence? I really don't know what to make of him. He will get paid. He is a nice story given what we know. But I'm looking at his minutes played and he damn near playing 40mpg at times more in games. Not exactly what I would label a 3pt threat. Young and can continue to improve. But how much?

dontgetchoked
12-29-2014, 05:03 PM
Contract year? Just a coincidence? I really don't know what to make of him. He will get paid. He is a nice story given what we know. But I'm looking at his minutes played and he damn near playing 40mpg at times more in games. Not exactly what I would label a 3pt threat. Young and can continue to improve. But how much?
i hope he can improve his 3 pointer and his ballhandling/passing. He is already a little above average ballhandler and passer, but his 3 ball is inconsistent and if he can get that down the sky is the limit for this guy.

navy
12-29-2014, 05:06 PM
He gives maximum effort. Great defender and pretty good post game, but MVP? Let's be honest if he went and averaged like 15ppg in the playoffs how many people would be mad or even surprised?

Roundball_Rock
12-29-2014, 09:26 PM
He has improved significantly every year of his career thus far. :pimp:

2012: 3/1/0 on 41%
2013: 9/4/1 on 47%
2014: 13/5/3 on 40%
2015: 22/6/3 on 49%

Milbuck
12-29-2014, 09:29 PM
18/7 on 54% shooting tonight so far, 7 minutes left in the 3rd. Dude is just nasty this year. And it's just gonna keep getting easier as Rose inches his way back into form. Bulls backcourt ripping Indy apart right now.