PDA

View Full Version : Cavs fans started a petition to get rid of Kevin Love

HOoopCityJones
12-29-2014, 12:10 PM
https://www.change.org/p/dan-gilbert-the-cleveland-cavaliers-organization-trade-kevin-love

Are you guys trying to be the worse fans in the league or something? :roll:

:biggums: Seriously though this is ****ed up. After all that shit that was said before and after they got him.

fpliii
12-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Asinine. Dude is a top 5 offensive player in this league. Maybe not a terrific fit given their defensive struggles, but he has tremendous value if utilized correctly.

lmao at some of the tools trying to paint him as "overrated" or "exposed".

CavaliersFTW
12-29-2014, 12:14 PM
[I]Dec 26, 2014

Hey Yo
12-29-2014, 12:16 PM
"Is he any good? Can the Lakers get him"

Yes he is and no they won't.

:oldlol:

fpliii
12-29-2014, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=CavaliersFTW][I]Dec 26, 2014

Nuff Said
12-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Even with him clearly state it was a ****in joke, there are literally only 211 supporters which I'm sure is only a fraction of the team's fan base. Yet you will base the whole fan base off this one little petition?

CavaliersFTW
12-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Thread should be re-titled:

"Cavs fan tricked gullible fans around the league into thinking we seriously wanted to get rid of Kevin Love"

HOoopCityJones
12-29-2014, 12:20 PM
"Is he any good? Can the Lakers get him"

Yes he is and no they won't.

Lmao if you think Laker fans think Kevin Love is the secret to winning a championship.

Only Cav fans and Lebron cucks think like that. :lol

HOoopCityJones
12-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Some of you sound upset. :biggums:

:roll: :roll:

beastee
12-29-2014, 12:22 PM
It may be a joke...but I doubt love will want to stay. Why spend your prime years playing a spot up shooter with an aging, diminishing star?

Hey Yo
12-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Lmao if you think Laker fans think Kevin Love is the secret to winning a championship.

So why have Lakers fans posted over the last 2yrs about Love wanting to comeback to Cali and play for the Lakers? Just like we were told by said fans that Paul George was going to sign a max deal with LA.

HOoopCityJones
12-29-2014, 12:26 PM
So why have Lakers fans posted over the last 2yrs about Love wanting to comeback to Cali and play for the Lakers? Just like we were told by said fans that Paul George was going to sign a max deal with LA.

Because thats what was rumored. Just like you ho's held on to every report talking about Lebron returning to Cleveland and spread your legs and ass the moment he came back through that door. Battered Wife syndrome much.

Gonna lick the tears off your faces when he walks again after this season...:applause:

Myth
12-29-2014, 12:27 PM

On the LA radio fans have been calling in pining for Love for years. Even making it sound like a forgone conclusion that he was signing in LA (prior to the Cavs trade).

HOoopCityJones
12-29-2014, 12:29 PM
On the LA radio fans have been calling in pining for Love for years. Even making it sound like a forgone conclusion that he was signing in LA (prior to the Cavs trade).

He's not the end all be all like you LBJ nut huggers thought though. Laker fans just want better players period. We've sucked since 2010 damn near. It's hilarious how you guys think you're striking gold with this shit. :roll:

Some of my cousins were pissed we didn't go after Josh Smith for ****s sake.

Hey Yo
12-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Because thats what was rumored. Just like you ho's held on to every report talking about Lebron returning to Cleveland and spread your legs and ass the moment he came back through that door. Battered Wife syndrome much.

Gonna lick the tears off your faces when he walks again after this season...:applause:
Yes, because of the "if the Lakers want him, they will get him" arrogant mindset you Kobe fans have.

Them days are over, yo.

STATUTORY
12-29-2014, 12:34 PM
No it was because of the "if the Lakers want him, they will get him" arrogant mindset you Kobe fans have.

Them days are over, yo.

:roll: :roll: in before lakers go another 3 peat in 5 years or less

Myth
12-29-2014, 12:35 PM
He's not the end all be all like you LBJ nut huggers thought though. Laker fans just want better players period. We've sucked since 2010 damn near.

Good point, with the exception of grouping me into LBJ fans.

HOoopCityJones
12-29-2014, 12:36 PM
No it was because of the "if the Lakers want him, they will get him" arrogant mindset you Kobe fans have.

Them days are over, yo.

You traded away a future perimeter superstar for a one year rental. :applause:

Your Team doesn't have a day.

HOoopCityJones
12-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Good point, with the exception of grouping me into LBJ fans.

My bad, didn't notice it was you.

Myth
12-29-2014, 12:38 PM
My bad, didn't notice it was you.

:cheers:

DMAVS41
12-29-2014, 12:55 PM
It may be a joke...but I doubt love will want to stay. Why spend your prime years playing a spot up shooter with an aging, diminishing star?

It's becoming more and more real that Love leaving is a possibility. He's going to be a 3rd option that doesn't get to play his game...and he'll be the guy that takes all the blame and doesn't get enough credit if they win.

Unless they make a couple nice moves, the Cavs just won't have the defense to win it all this year as well. If Love leaves...my god...that Wiggins trade becomes just all time bad.

Still can't believe they didn't get Dieng back. This season for the Cavs on defense has gone just like some of the more pessimistic people like myself said it would. They are 22nd in defense...and now will likely get worse without Andy.

The roster just doesn't make a ton of sense...never did. Waiters and Thompson aren't as good as Cavs fans think imo, and if you have Love...you need a solid defensive center (just obvious)...

What is happening right now is why the details matter in trades.

HOoopCityJones
12-29-2014, 12:57 PM
I think he'll end up in NY or Toronto.

gts
12-29-2014, 02:46 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/33kdiyp.jpg

kamil
12-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Who said it that 'there are no shortcuts' ? Wasn't that... Dan Gilbert?

:applause:

beastee
12-29-2014, 02:53 PM
What is happening right now is why the details matter in trades.
Agreed. Not sure what they can do to snag a big man without killing their thin depth anyway. Lebron clearly was calling the shots to make this happen, but forgot that his defense is slipping as well.

f0und
12-29-2014, 03:59 PM
it may be a joke, but he shoulda known that there are enough idiots on the internet to turn this into something more. what started as a joke is now the planting of a seed.

DMAVS41
12-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Agreed. Not sure what they can do to snag a big man without killing their thin depth anyway. Lebron clearly was calling the shots to make this happen, but forgot that his defense is slipping as well.

Yea, but even if Lebron was calling the shots. The management has to hold firm and get Dieng back.

Trading away back to back number 1 picks and another first rounder for Kevin Love only is just one of the dumbest things ever...especially when the team trading Love has no leverage...

And the perfect backup center is sitting right there for the taking in the trade.

LOL...the details matter and that part of the trade was a huge fail by the Cavs (not surprising...they always **** shit up)

SamuraiSWISH
12-29-2014, 04:07 PM
LOL...the details matter and that part of the trade was a huge fail by the Cavs (not surprising...they always **** shit up)
It's Cleveland ... what do you expect?

D-FENS
12-29-2014, 06:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mdywx5t

LeBron, Melo and Irving

Love in the triangle. That makes more sense

houston
12-29-2014, 06:14 PM
It's Cleveland ... what do you expect?

:roll: :oldlol:

Myth
12-29-2014, 06:15 PM

LeBron, Melo and Irving

So defense marginally improves, but this hurts them on the break. Makes more sense for the Knicks than the Cavs.

smoovegittar
12-29-2014, 06:21 PM

LeBron, Melo and Irving

QUICK! Where do I sign? (here comes mellowyellow) :hammerhead:

hawkfan
12-29-2014, 06:22 PM
In the offseason, the Cavs could let Love go and sign Marc Gasol. Theoretically.

niko
12-29-2014, 06:26 PM
In the offseason, the Cavs could let Love go and sign Marc Gasol. Theoretically.
If they renounced every free agent and also traded some marginal players to in order to create cap room, they'd have enough to give him a lowball offer.

So "theoretically" yes but in reality, no.

DMAVS41
12-29-2014, 06:34 PM
I'd do this for both teams:

Melo/Dalembert/Shumpert for;

Love/Waiters/James Jones/Amundson

navy
12-29-2014, 06:37 PM

Why would the Knicks want Love and not Melo? Who is box office.

niko
12-29-2014, 06:37 PM

no thank you. WTF do we want Love for? We can't build around Love. I'm not sure we can build around Melo but you sure as hell can't build around Love. **** no. No no no.

If the Knicks wanted Love anyway, isn't the play to wait until the season plays out and hopes everything goes to shit and sign him? It's the Melo move, we could try to sign him, let's instead trade everything to get him NOW. It also screws up tanking for pick since soon Melo will sit for season.

NO NO NO NO NO

DMAVS41
12-29-2014, 06:43 PM
no thank you. WTF do we want Love for? We can't build around Love. I'm not sure we can build around Melo but you sure as hell can't build around Love. **** no. No no no.

If the Knicks wanted Love anyway, isn't the play to wait until the season plays out and hopes everything goes to shit and sign him? It's the Melo move, we could try to sign him, let's instead trade everything to get him NOW. It also screws up tanking for pick since soon Melo will sit for season.

NO NO NO NO NO

Love is younger.

Melo is 4 years older than Love. That is extremely important imo. Considering I don't see any real difference between them as players...I'd go with the younger one 10 out of 10 times.

If you guys think Melo is demonstrably a better player or something...so be it. I just don't...like at all.

Also they'd get Waiters. Who is a decent trade piece if nothing else over the next 1.5 years.

niko
12-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Love is younger.

Melo is 4 years older than Love. That is extremely important imo. Considering I don't see any real difference between them as players...I'd go with the younger one 10 out of 10 times.

If you guys think Melo is demonstrably a better player or something...so be it. I just don't...like at all.

Also they'd get Waiters. Who is a decent trade piece if nothing else over the next 1.5 years.
Love is Melo except he's even more a stat padder. He's literally had no success. He's also is a worse defender and gives less effort on defense. And i fully get what that sentence means. He's also a free agent and Melo is under contract.

This trade does what? **** up the tank, gives us nothing to build around, possibly loses Love at end of year. Why would the Knicks do that? It's not relevant if you don't like Melo, it doesn't make this any less a bad trade. The Knicks wouldn't do this trade. The Cavs would in a second. That should tell you something.

DMAVS41
12-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Love is Melo except he's even more a stat padder. He's literally had no success. He's also is a worse defender and gives less effort on defense. And i fully get what that sentence means. He's also a free agent and Melo is under contract.

This trade does what? **** up the tank, gives us nothing to build around, possibly loses Love at end of year. Why would the Knicks do that? It's not relevant if you don't like Melo, it doesn't make this any less a bad trade. The Knicks wouldn't do this trade. The Cavs would in a second. That should tell you something.

Well, we have hugely different takes on Love. Melo does nothing for me over Love. In fact, I'd definitely rather have Love over the next 8 years and it's not remotely close.

Like I said...give me the guy just as good that is 4 years younger.

And where are you going with an aging Melo making the max? Just hate that player/team around him.

niko
12-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Well, we have hugely different takes on Love. Melo does nothing for me over Love. In fact, I'd definitely rather have Love over the next 8 years and it's not remotely close.

Like I said...give me the guy just as good that is 4 years younger.

And where are you going with an aging Melo making the max? Just hate that player/team around him.

You can't trade Melo for Love who is a free agent after the year. It doesn't make sense. Why would he stay? And if he wanted NY we could literally just sign him, we have enough space.

The Knicks can't change directions twice a year. We can wait this year out, maybe get the #1 pick and a franchise center, and still have money to sign Love.

R.I.P.
12-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Well their message board did strip him of his new nickname "The Menace". :oldlol:

I still maintain Kim Jong Un was more upset about this insult to Dennis Rodman than The Interview.

DMAVS41
12-29-2014, 07:00 PM
You can't trade Melo for Love who is a free agent after the year. It doesn't make sense. Why would he stay? And if he wanted NY we could literally just sign him, we have enough space.

The Knicks can't change directions twice a year. We can wait this year out, maybe get the #1 pick and a franchise center, and still have money to sign Love.

You can because Love might not leave the Cavs. Stop acting like you can just for sure sign him. That isn't even the most likely scenario at all. Not to mention Melo and Love on the same team sounds like a terrible idea.

Considering I'd probably want to just cut Melo if possible. I don't see a huge downside to losing him for ultimately nothing if it allows me to clean house completely.

I'd bet you'd keep Love though.

What can't you change directions? There isn't some artificial rulebook. You can do anything you want. Melo is going to be 31 next year...he's not 26 anymore. He has like maybe 2 more prime years left after this year.

And again...Waiters is on a good contract right now and you could test run him...and if he works...great...if not...flip him for something like getting back all those picks you owe everyone starting in 2016.

WallIn
12-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Yes, because of the "if the Lakers want him, they will get him" arrogant mindset you Kobe fans have.

Them days are over, yo.

http://d2x0ksaw3us1xg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/969051_675706825791178_1045246050_n.jpg

TheBigVeto
12-29-2014, 11:44 PM
:roll: :roll: in before lakers go another 3 peat in 5 years or less

Ain't happening. David Stern is gone.

CavaliersFTW
12-29-2014, 11:45 PM
http://d2x0ksaw3us1xg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/969051_675706825791178_1045246050_n.jpg
delusions of grandeur :lol

Dragic4Life
12-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Trade Love and Kyrie for Plumlee and Dragic please.

Would 3-peat with the new team.

Derka
12-29-2014, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE=CavaliersFTW][I]Dec 26, 2014

MiseryCityTexas
12-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Asinine. Dude is a top 5 offensive player in this league. Maybe not a terrific fit given their defensive struggles, but he has tremendous value if utilized correctly.

lmao at some of the tools trying to paint him as "overrated" or "exposed".

Not on the Cavs. He's basically putting up prime Christian Laettner numbers with much better rebounding stats, and is Bargnanni like on the defensive end of the floor.

MiseryCityTexas
12-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Trade Love and Kyrie for Plumlee and Dragic please.

Would 3-peat with the new team.

Both teams would be garbage if this trade was reality.

MiseryCityTexas
12-30-2014, 12:15 PM
Lmao @ saying Love robbed them of Andrew Wiggins. That was Lebron and management's fault more than anything else.

Ariza4three
12-30-2014, 12:22 PM
It would be funny to see this shit bounce right back into the Cav's faces if they don't win anything. All these 1st rounders wasted on this abysmal dump.

tpols
12-30-2014, 12:30 PM

Melos been one of the worst defenders in the league this year.. Worse than love. And there's a lot of talk about structural damage in melos left knee which requires season ending surgery.

Love is a much better choice going forward. We know Melo can only get worse as injury and age take over.

HOoopCityJones
12-30-2014, 12:40 PM
delusions of grandeur :lol

One of our greatest players is the logo of the league. :biggums:

Less delusion and more grandeur on our part.

:pimp: Ya'll just mad.

pegasus
12-30-2014, 12:44 PM
It'll be so funny when Love signs with another team in the free agency. I can't wait to see the spin Lebron's PR team will put on this whole fiasco to make it seem okay for him to leave Cleveland again.:lol Wizards, Raptors, and Hawks should start clearing up cap space. Here comes LeTwice.:oldlol:

DMAVS41
12-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Melos been one of the worst defenders in the league this year.. Worse than love. And there's a lot of talk about structural damage in melos left knee which requires season ending surgery.

Love is a much better choice going forward. We know Melo can only get worse as injury and age take over.

Exactly.

You have an injured player that is a little over 4 years older iirc...who seems incapable of playing in any real offensive system vs Love.

Give me Love over the next 8 years (the time horizon teams should be thinking about)...and it's not close over that horizon for me

Kiddlovesnets
12-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Its actually very reasonable, Love is likely to walk after this unsuccessful season from Cavs, it may actually do them some good if they trade him before the trade deadline than simply let him go in summer for nothing at all.
:sleeping

MiseryCityTexas
12-30-2014, 03:17 PM
What makes it worse is that Wiggins actually enjoys playing in Minnesota.

Fudge
12-30-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how much of a cancer LeBron actually is.

MiseryCityTexas
12-30-2014, 04:45 PM
we already said that lebron's the biggest reason why wiggins was traded.

Hey Yo
12-30-2014, 05:00 PM
One of our greatest players is the logo of the league. :biggums:

Less delusion and more grandeur on our part.

:pimp: Ya'll just mad.
2/5 > 1/9 (carried by Wilt)