PDA

View Full Version : DeAndre Jordan 40 Rebound Watch

LAZERUSS
12-29-2014, 11:52 PM
Couldn't resist...

navy
12-29-2014, 11:54 PM
What's Wilts rebound high? Serious question. Im assuming its the most ever?

CelticBaller
12-29-2014, 11:55 PM
50 i think

LAZERUSS
12-29-2014, 11:56 PM

55 and against Russell...

By a 55-19 margin.

And yes, it is the record.

He also holds the playoff record, with 41. And again, against Russell. A 41-29 margin in a game with a total of 134 rebounds.

LAZERUSS
12-29-2014, 11:57 PM
Now it is only a possible 30 rebound watch.

He started out with 6 rebounds in less than six minutes, but just couldn't keep up the pace.

SpecialQue
12-29-2014, 11:58 PM
He started out with 6 rebounds in less than six minutes, but just couldn't keep up the pace.

DJ exposed as a weak fraud.

VIntageNOvel
12-29-2014, 11:58 PM

By a 55-19 margin.

He also holds the playoff record, with 41. And again, against Russell. A 41-29 margin in a game with a total of 134 rebounds.

not possible in the curent NBA, unless you got a jenning-bean backcourt + josh smith

navy
12-29-2014, 11:59 PM

By a 55-19 margin.

Do you know the rebound percentage record? That might be it.

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:00 AM
not possible in the curent NBA, unless you got a jenning-bean backcourt + josh smith

Still impressive. Basically Wilt's 55 would translate to about 36-37 in today's NBA, all while outrebounding the second greatest rebounder of his era by a margin of 37-13.

LoneyROY7
12-30-2014, 12:02 AM
10 boards in the first quarter.

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:02 AM
DJ back on pace for 40...

10 rebounds in 11 minutes

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:03 AM
Do you know the rebound percentage record? That might be it.

I don't, but it is probably held by Rodman.

Having said that, though, Wilt was routinely blocking 10+ shots per game in those years, so, he likely would have had even more than 55 had he went strictly for rebounds.

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:05 AM
10 rebounds in 12 minutes, and out of the total of 27...

This could be a monster night...

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:07 AM
There goes his FG% though...

0-2.

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:08 AM
Baby Davis is picking up where DJ left off...

1 rebound in 1 minute...

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:18 AM
BTW...

The Clippers can put up a huge front-court when they want to go big...

Blake: 6-10
Hawes: 7-1
Jordan: 6-11

navy
12-30-2014, 12:20 AM
BTW...

The Clippers can put up a huge front-court when they want to go big...

Blake: 6-10
Hawes: 7-1
Jordan: 6-11
You think Blake is really 6-10?

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:21 AM
You think Blake is really 6-10?

I was waiting for someone to catch this...

REAL height...

Blake: 6-8.5
Hawes: 6-10.5
DJ: 6-9.75

Round Mound
12-30-2014, 12:24 AM
Blake is around Karl Malone`s height

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Blake is around Karl Malone`s height

Do you recall Barkley's high rebound game?

navy
12-30-2014, 12:26 AM
I was waiting for someone to catch this...

REAL height...

Blake: 6-8.5
Hawes: 6-10.5
DJ: 6-9.75
NBA is crazy, give us official heights and weights before the beginning of every season.

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:27 AM
NBA is crazy, give us official heights and weights before the beginning of every season.

I know...

Kevin Love is listed at 6-10...

6-7.5

Dwight Cousins is listed at 6-11...

6-9.75

LoneyROY7
12-30-2014, 12:30 AM
The way Blake's playing these days he might as well be a SF.

chocolatethunder
12-30-2014, 12:30 AM
I know...

Kevin Love is listed at 6-10...

6-7.5

Dwight Cousins is listed at 6-11...

6-9.75
Who the hell is Dwight cousins

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:31 AM
Who the hell is Dwight cousins

He should change his name...

who names their kid DeMarcus?

Ariza4three
12-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Go to bed old man.

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:34 AM
Go to bed old man.

And miss a 40 rebound game? Are you kidding?

navy
12-30-2014, 12:34 AM
This the Clippers gamethread?

Done_And_Done
12-30-2014, 12:35 AM
You're kidding...

What's he working with now?

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:36 AM
This the Clippers gamethread?

I guess it is...

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:36 AM
You're kidding...

What's he working with now?

He's fading fast... 13 rebounds in 19 minutes...and at the half.

LoneyROY7
12-30-2014, 12:37 AM
This Clippers team is nothing like the one I had hoped it would be coming into the season.

Suuuuccckkkksss.

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:38 AM
This Clippers team is nothing like the one I had hoped it would be coming into the season.

Suuuuccckkkksss.

I still think they are the most talented team in the league...for whatever that is worth.

navy
12-30-2014, 12:39 AM

Suuuuccckkkksss.
Why did Collison leave?

This team has four players I would keep. Paul, Griffin, Deandre, Crawford. Everyone else should be traded for some defensive stoppers. Probably get a three point shooter or two if you dont keep Redick.

I still think they are the most talented team in the league...for whatever that is worth.
:biggums:

Why?

LoneyROY7
12-30-2014, 12:41 AM

I can't buy that.

Honestly, I think the talent is a bit overrated at this point.

Outside of CP, Blake, and DeAndre there's not much there. Crawford is a black hole, Redick doesn't bring much to table outside of shooting, and Barnes is useless most games. And the bench in general has been awful this year.

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2014, 12:43 AM
He's fading fast... 13 rebounds in 19 minutes...and at the half.
Gobert

LoneyROY7
12-30-2014, 12:44 AM
Why did Collison leave?

This team has four players I would keep. Paul, Griffin, Deandre, Crawford. Everyone else should be traded for some defensive stoppers. Probably get a three point shooter or two if you dont keep Redick.

Nah, Crawford's gotta go. He kills any kind of offensive flow. His iso mentality has been worse this year then I've ever seen it.

navy
12-30-2014, 12:45 AM
Nah, Crawford's gotta go. He kills any kind of offensive flow. His iso mentality has been worse this year then I've ever seen it.

I dont know, Dude is instant offense.

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:45 AM
Why did Collison leave?

:biggums:

Why?

Pretty balanced roster from top-to-bottom. Blake and Paul are bonafide stars, Reddick is a quality scorer/shooter, Crawford is a quality (albeit inconsistent) player off the bench, and Jordan is a great rebounder, and a solid rim-protector.

navy
12-30-2014, 12:46 AM
Pretty balanced roster from top-to-bottom. Blake and Paul are bonafide stars, Reddick is a quality scorer/shooter, Crawford is a quality (albeit inconsistent) player off the bench, and Jordan is a great rebounder, and a solid rim-protector.
No defensive pieces outside of Deandre and no bench outside of crawford. Cant win like that.

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:51 AM
No defensive pieces outside of Deandre and no bench outside of crawford. Cant win like that.

You may be right...we shall see once the playoffs begin...

Graviton
12-30-2014, 12:58 AM
I can't buy that.

Honestly, I think the talent is a bit overrated at this point.

Outside of CP, Blake, and DeAndre there's not much there. Crawford is a black hole, Redick doesn't bring much to table outside of shooting, and Barnes is useless most games. And the bench in general has been awful this year.
Same can be said for OKC man.

Outside of Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka there isn't much there. Reggie is a black hole, Morrow/Lamb doesn't bring much to the table outside of shooting, and Roberson is useless most games. And the bench in general has been awful, and we also play the worst NBA player in the league in Perkins.

LAZERUSS
12-30-2014, 12:58 AM
Damn...DJ may not even get to 20 now...

LoneyROY7
12-30-2014, 01:01 AM

Outside of Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka there isn't much there. Reggie is a black hole, Morrow/Lamb doesn't bring much to the table outside of shooting, and Roberson is useless most games. And the bench in general has been awful, and we also play the worst NBA player in the league in Perkins.

The difference is OKC's superstars are simply better than ours. It pains me to say it, but it's a fact.

Unless Blake returns to the aggressive beast he was last season, this team ain't doing sh*t.

navy
12-30-2014, 01:01 AM

At least you have defenders though. So you can win on an off day.

bdreason
12-30-2014, 01:03 AM
The Clippers need to get the ball to Blake in better spots on the court. Everything they run ends up with Blake catching the ball one step in from the 3pnt line. It's nice that he can hit that shot now... but their offense shouldn't be designed to get him those shots.

Graviton
12-30-2014, 01:03 AM
The difference is OKC's superstars are simply better than ours. It pains me to say it, but it's a fact.

Unless Blake returns to the aggressive beast he was last season, this team ain't doing sh*t.
Idk wtf happened to Blake, Paul was supposed to make him a God and their pick n roll shoulda been unstoppable. Idk why Clips don't run some plays with them. Everything is usually perimeter oriented. Same issue I have with KD/Russ, their 2 man game is amazing but Brooks has them shooting jumpers over and over.

navy
12-30-2014, 01:05 AM
Blake is the new Bosh.

LoneyROY7
12-30-2014, 01:06 AM
The Clippers need to get the ball to Blake in better spots on the court. Everything they run ends up with Blake catching the ball one step in from the 3pnt line. It's nice that he can hit that shot now... but their offense shouldn't be designed to get him those shots.

You're preaching to the choir man. The way Blake is playing right now is driving me insane.

Graviton
12-30-2014, 01:06 AM
At least you have defenders though. So you can win on an off day.
Ibaka is overrated and is useless vs stretch 4s or any skilled bigs, Westbrook/Durant/Roberson have length and athleticism to disrupt people on the perimeter but 2 of them have to score 25+ a night so they can't focus on defense for long stretches and the other is so useless offensively his defense is irrelevant. Adams is the only good defender that can also get you double doubles, but we play ****ing Porkins instead. :facepalm

navy
12-30-2014, 01:09 AM
Ibaka is overrated and is useless vs stretch 4s or any skilled bigs, Westbrook/Durant/Roberson have length and athleticism to disrupt people on the perimeter but 2 of them have to score 25+ a night so they can't focus on defense for long stretches and the other is so useless offensively his defense is irrelevant. Adams is the only good defender that can also get you double doubles, but we play ****ing Porkins instead. :facepalm
Im not claiming the team is perfect. But they are better than the Clips on any random day.

But yeah, they could improve. I still think healthy they are the favorites. This Clippers team is a first round exit. Last year they were at least a threat.

LoneyROY7
12-30-2014, 01:10 AM
Blake is the new Bosh.

And there's absolutely no f*cking reason why.

Our BIGGEST need outside of defense is inside-scoring, and the one guy capable of doing it is standing at the 3pt line chucking 20 footers.

Maybe he's off HGH, maybe he's fallen in love with a mediocre jumper, or maybe he's just saving himself for the playoffs (wishful thinking)...either way I don't like it one bit.

navy
12-30-2014, 01:11 AM
Crazy that CP3s shoulder never healed.

LoneyROY7
12-30-2014, 01:12 AM
12 points on 6-14 shooting so far this game for Blake shooting mainly jumpers. SMFH. :facepalm

Graviton
12-30-2014, 01:13 AM
Im not claiming the team is perfect. But they are better than the Clips on any random day.

But yeah, they could improve. I still think healthy they are the favorites. This Clippers team is a first round exit. Last year they were at least a threat.
Idk I think healthy Bulls will destroy them in the Finals, and healthy Spurs will win a close series thanks to coaching and Boris "The Gawd" Diaw. Mavericks are also looking scary.

I don't think any team with mediocre coaching is winning this season, Pop/Thibs/Carlisle gonna get a ring for sure.

navy
12-30-2014, 01:18 AM
Idk I think healthy Bulls will destroy them in the Finals, and healthy Spurs will win a close series thanks to coaching and Boris "The Gawd" Diaw. Mavericks are also looking scary.

I don't think any team with mediocre coaching is winning this season, Pop/Thibs/Carlisle gonna get a ring for sure.
Bulls arent there yet despite the hype. We'll see about them.

Spurs are a wild card. Mavs are meh, dont trust them,

I think it's OKC and Spurs. But Im not sure about the health or drive of the Spurs. This is OKC year now that the championship is up for grabs for the first time in like 7 years.

LoneyROY7
12-30-2014, 01:41 AM
Another close game against a bad team. At least Blake decided to come out and play in the 4th quarter.

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2014, 01:49 AM
Another close game against a bad team. At least Blake decided to come out and play in the 4th quarter.
They aren't bad when gobert plays.

chocolatethunder
12-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Paul is so overrated. He's a good player but he's overrated. He gets the stats and that's about it. Who on that team is playing better because they are playing alongside him? No one. Crawford is a total blackhole. Matt Barnes is a bench player on his best day. I don't see this team as the most talented team in the league and they aren't going anywhere. Not to mention that Doc is an overrated coach. They have no shot come playoff time.

Darius
12-30-2014, 05:02 PM

Agreed, EXCEPT, those role players you mentioned have a higher ceiling than the Clippers "talent" because they are young.

Plus:

Durant is clearly better than Griffin.

Westbrook and Paul are pretty equal but Westbrook's game is better for the playoffs IMO.

Ibaka vs. Jordan is tough but I give Ibaka the nod because he can stretch the floor.

chocolatethunder
12-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Agreed, EXCEPT, those role players you mentioned have a higher ceiling than the Clippers "talent" because they are young.

Plus:

Durant is clearly better than Griffin.

Westbrook and Paul are pretty equal but Westbrook's game is better for the playoffs IMO.

Ibaka vs. Jordan is tough but I give Ibaka the nod because he can stretch the floor.
lost me when you said that. A guy who dribbles down the court and looks off all his open teammates so he can take an awful shot is better for the playoffs? No. Is he a better scorer? For sure. Is he better for the playoffs? I don't think so. I think Paul is overrated as hell but if Westbrook played just a little more like Paul his team would be a lot better off. If Paul played more like Westbrook his team would be a lot worse.