PDA

View Full Version : This is how bad it's gotten for Deron Williams...

Heavincent
12-30-2014, 02:53 AM
He has been relegated to a 20 minute per game role player :oldlol: Benched in favor of career journey man Jarrett Jack.

Man this guy fell off a cliff fast. He's only in his 9th season and has been in decline for years now.

Lexington Steel
12-30-2014, 02:56 AM
Wasn't he doing pretty good this year though? Why is he getting benched ALONG with their best player, Brook Lopez? There has to be a legitimate reason.

hawkfan
12-30-2014, 02:59 AM
He has been relegated to a 20 minute per game role player :oldlol: Benched in favor of career journey man Jarrett Jack.

Man this guy fell off a cliff fast. He's only in his 9th season and has been in decline for years now.

He is injured.
He should sit.

navy
12-30-2014, 03:14 AM
Wasn't he doing pretty good this year though? Why is he getting benched ALONG with their best player, Brook Lopez? There has to be a legitimate reason.
Injuries. Duh. It's not a secret.

oh the horror
12-30-2014, 03:16 AM
Deron injured? Shocked.

hawkfan
12-30-2014, 03:17 AM
The owner doesn't want to admit it's time to break up the roster and rebuild.
My God, that trade for Pierce and Garnett will end up damaging that franchise for a long time.

Droid101
12-30-2014, 03:49 AM
Jazz (and Net) fans used to brag about how he was better than CP3.

LOL

Where are all you idiots now?

Done_And_Done
12-30-2014, 03:54 AM
The owner doesn't want to admit it's time to break up the roster and rebuild.
My God, that trade for Pierce and Garnett will end up damaging that franchise for a long time.

They need to blow it up and redeem whatever picks they can get their hands on. This isn't going to he a quick fix. Unless the Russian continues to break the bank in reckless fashion.

PsychoBe
12-30-2014, 04:11 AM
deron is literally worse than hitler

Smook A.
12-30-2014, 04:14 AM
This guy was a top 10-15 player like 4 seasons ago and now he sits behind Jarrett fuggin Jack :oldlol:. One of the biggest star downfalls I have ever witnessed, no joke.

oarabbus
12-30-2014, 04:28 AM
This guy was a top 10-15 player like 4 seasons ago and now he sits behind Jarrett fuggin Jack :oldlol:. One of the biggest star downfalls I have ever witnessed, no joke.

:roll:

Noyze
12-30-2014, 04:31 AM
Steve Francis 2.0
A star who goes In and out real quick.

HOoopCityJones
12-30-2014, 06:02 AM
Deron never really cared about being some Great transcendent player imo. First he drove a still plenty hungry HoF Coach to retirement, blew up his own tailor made squad. Then he stayed with the Nets for Christ sake. Of all organizations.

Didn't even realize he only made the All-star game three times. :biggums:

ABfor3
12-30-2014, 06:04 AM
He was just a product of Jerry Sloan , can't win sh!t without him

FKAri
12-30-2014, 06:35 AM

LOL

Who isn't better than CP3 right now doe?

JohnMax
12-30-2014, 06:43 AM
Nets PG Deron Williams says he's comfortable coming off the bench as long as the starters keep playing well.

"I'm all for the team. It doesn't really matter to me," said Williams, who came off the bench in Friday afternoon's 109-107 victory over the Boston Celtics following a two-game absence due to a strained right calf and had eight points, four a$sists and four rebounds in 21 minutes.

"I'm still trying to get my rhythm back and obviously I'm on a minutes restriction right now, so I'm all for it."

"The first group is going well together right now, so there's no reason to change anything up," Williams said.

Williams, 30, is averaging just 15.3 points and 6.7 a$sists on 40.3 percent shooting this season.

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=12081706

Shep
12-30-2014, 06:58 AM
Been stinking it up of late. For the first 6 weeks he was averaging 18/4/6 on 45/40/90

niko
12-30-2014, 09:17 AM
The Nets aren't going to rebuild. This is a franchise who went and got a bunch of 2nd round picks and declared them future stars and part of a youth movement that will draw Durant in 2 years. That's not a sign of a team that's ready to blow things up.

tpols
12-30-2014, 11:57 AM
When they were both healthy the nets sucked.. They got hurt, and now the nets have been doing better. So Hollins told them they'd have to prove themselves if they ever want to start again.

Which is good.. Plumlees is soo much better than Brook Lopez it's not funny. Higher energy, better hands, can really rebound and defend all over the court. It's refreshing to see such a well rounded player play over one dimensional Brook.

And Jack is way more in control/poised compared to dwill crossover happy frenetic game. Him and jj are much better pair.

BuffaloBill
12-30-2014, 11:59 AM

What more reason do you need? Is the fact that he's pure ass not enough for you?

Jlamb47
12-30-2014, 12:11 PM
Deron injuries really slowing him down recently. He went from being top 10 to being a role player which is crazy. I think hel bounce back when he gets traded.

Real Men Wear Green
12-30-2014, 12:41 PM
They need to blow it up and redeem whatever picks they can get their hands on. This isn't going to he a quick fix. Unless the Russian continues to break the bank in reckless fashion.
The cap makes it hard to just fix a roster with money. If they got rid of it he would no doubt Yankee that team up to the top of the league.

chocolatethunder
12-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Steve Francis 2.0
Except that anyone who actually knows anything about basketball knew that Francis was never good. He was great at dribbling the ball into the floor for 21 seconds and then taking an awful shot. Oh and he could dunk. That's why idiots thought he was good.

HOoopCityJones
12-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Except that anyone who actually knows anything about basketball knew that Francis was never good. He was great at dribbling the ball into the floor for 21 seconds and then taking an awful shot. Oh and he could dunk. That's why idiots thought he was good.

Who said this?

Stevie Franchise use to be that guy.

Papaya Petee
12-30-2014, 01:25 PM
I like Deron Williams and if he was available for a decent price Id be all in for him starting for Miami. Cole and cChalmers are beyond trash and he would be our 3rd arguably 4th option.

HylianNightmare
12-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Steve Francis 2.0
:(

All Net
12-30-2014, 02:22 PM

LOL

Well in fairness it was a reasonable claim back then.

JellyBean
12-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Wow. Just a 4-5 years ago, he was the talk of the town. Now? :confusedshrug:

GimmeThat
12-30-2014, 02:47 PM
there needs to be a Taj Gibson light who plays the 3.

this coming from the same guy who believe Blake Griffin could play the 3 as well.

yeaaaman
12-30-2014, 04:41 PM

Here's another question, how good has Deron Williams actually been without Jerry Sloan?

chocolatethunder
12-30-2014, 05:15 PM
Here's another question, how good has Deron Williams actually been without Jerry Sloan?
The coach that he got fired? Not very good.

hawkfan
12-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Nets get

Calderon
JR Smith
Bargnani (expirer)

Knicks

D. Williams