PDA

View Full Version : Chris Haynes: LeBron Won't Hesitate to Bolt Cleveland

Myth
12-30-2014, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE] James, who turns 30 today, has no intention of compromising his prime years playing for a sputtering organization. He can opt out of his contract at the end of the season and become a free agent.

Given the massive scrutiny he would endure if he departed Cleveland a second time, if his hand is forced, I

Springsteen
12-30-2014, 01:00 PM
Article is literal clickbait garbage. The probability of Lebron risking hurting his legacy even more by leaving Cleveland again seems less than 1 percent to me. Panic trades and coach changes by the Cavs? That's a different story.

Predicting Kobe and OKC fans on this board gonna jizz over this article though.

HOoopCityJones
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m54h18k3Rr1qk3efuo1_500.gif

ArbitraryWater
I doubt it... would **** his image up again lol

But it definitely would be..............

ALPHA

CavaliersFTW
12-30-2014, 01:01 PM
I'm not clicking that click-bait trash excuse for an article... I guarantee that writer doesn't even believe his own words if he headlined that :lol

Mr. Jabbar
12-30-2014, 01:03 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/3f2111e4fffa8925606784ba3d84ebc5/tumblr_inline_n7sgtfDIXi1ss46ox.gif

russwest0
12-30-2014, 01:04 PM
:confusedshrug: He already did it to Cleveland once (after promising them a ring), and people said the same thing with him and Miami.

Middle of last season, his words on going back to Cleveland were "I ain't going back to cold winters" until they got the pieces to trade for Love. LeBron is a frontrunner and he'll go wherever the most stacked team is, regardless of what he said in the past.

Myth
12-30-2014, 01:05 PM
I'm not clicking that click-bait trash excuse for an article... I guarantee that writer doesn't even believe his own words if he headlined that :lol

No need to click it. The most important part was already quoted. Take from it what you will considering it seems to just be speculation. I was mostly surprised it came from a Cleveland source.

kurple
12-30-2014, 01:05 PM
I doubt it... would **** his image up again lol

But it definitely would be..............

ALPHA
isnt it the opposite as alpha?

alpha would be joining the sixers, without bringing half an allstar team with him

pegasus
12-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Article is literal clickbait garbage. The probability of Lebron risking hurting his legacy even more by leaving Cleveland again seems less than 1 percent to me. Panic trades and coach changes by the Cavs? That's a different story.

And if he did indeed bolt, you and guys like you would be the first ones to point out how it wouldn't hurt his legacy, blah, blah, blah.

ArbitraryWater
12-30-2014, 01:11 PM
isnt it the opposite as alpha?

alpha would be joining the sixers, without bringing half an allstar team with him

Its alpha cause.... no ****s given

as evidenced by you thinking he should do something else

L.Kizzle
12-30-2014, 01:13 PM
He left Cleveland before, of course he'd do it again.

B-hoop
12-30-2014, 01:15 PM

Being alpha is not doing something different than what people you should do. Being alpha is being man enough to face adversity and win or lose giving your all.

toneloc103
12-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Being alpha is not doing something different than what people you should do. Being alpha is being man enough to face adversity and win or lose giving your all.

/thread

HOoopCityJones
12-30-2014, 01:21 PM

Ether.

SpecialQue
12-30-2014, 01:24 PM

I saw a similar story. There was nothing in the story which indicated at all that Lebron was even entertaining the idea of leaving Cleveland. It's like ISH trolls are creating headlines for these websites and just making shit up.

Hey Yo
12-30-2014, 01:25 PM
He did that his rookie year by signing with the Cavs in the first place and then signing an extension with them a few years later.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Wondering if LeBron is gonna sign a max contract for max years this off-season. Injuries are starting to catch up to Bron and you just never know when it all will come to an end. Doubt he leaves Cleveland. Then again his legacy is in no way cemented, so who knows what he does.

The Macho Man
12-30-2014, 01:30 PM
How does leaving after his contract is up hurt his legacy?

He signed a one year deal for a reason

He should go wherever he wants

It'd be pathetic if he stayed in Cleveland cause he was worried the internet might be mad

HOoopCityJones
12-30-2014, 01:30 PM
I saw a similar story. There was nothing in the story which indicated at all that Lebron was even entertaining the idea of leaving Cleveland. It's like ISH trolls are creating headlines for these websites and just making shit up.

Myth ain't really the troll type though. If he posted this, He read this article and sincerely thought to himself "Damn would this beta bounce , again?"

HOoopCityJones
12-30-2014, 01:32 PM
How does leaving after his contract is up hurt his legacy?

He signed a one year deal for a reason

He should go wherever he wants

It'd be pathetic if he stayed in Cleveland cause he was worried the internet might be mad

This.

People can act like it's to get more money all they want , but this shit right here is the definition of an escape route if Ive ever seen one.

StephHamann
12-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Which team will Lebron destroy next?

Cavs could have Wiggins+Irving backcourt + Bennet and build like the Wizards did with Wall+Beal.

Now they might have only Kyrie+no Picks in the summer. :biggums:

kurple
12-30-2014, 01:46 PM

plenty ****s are given

thats why he would leave, because too many ****s are given

guy
12-30-2014, 01:54 PM
Doubt it. When he left for Miami, his actions backed up his reasoning i.e. he went there to get a lot of help to win a title. Returning to Cleveland was all about giving back and being there for Northeast Ohio. If he left after a year, that obviously wasn't his intentions, which means that whole letter would've been pointless. If he never really had those intentions, I don't see why he would've wrote that letter knowing how much he would be killed if he left a year later.

On top of that, where's he going to go? Back to Miami? He's got an all-star on his side, maybe 2 if Love comes back, with really good role players. What more does he want? No other situation on a team with cap room is going to be that much better then what he has now, if better at all.

Fudge
12-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Anybody actually surprised? This dude is a front-running *****. We all know this.

Nash
12-30-2014, 02:00 PM
meh, Chris Haynes was probably told to write this piece by lebron camp so that Dan Gilbert and the rest of the front office don't think they have Lebron around their fingers and take him for granted because they as well believe he will never bolt again.

stalkerforlife
12-30-2014, 02:01 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GimmeThat
12-30-2014, 02:03 PM

and being omega, is about letting people do what is necessary for them, while getting things done without them knowing so.

but really.

it doesn't even matter about the whole alpha or omega thing

people win and people lose.

to face defeat with adversity and giving your all, is no more than a fool
to face defeat with conscious is what progressed others

victory is nothing but a formality, given to those who've been defeated.

jlip
12-30-2014, 02:04 PM
It must be a slow week for NBA columnists.

ArbitraryWater
12-30-2014, 02:10 PM

.. I guess someone couldn't detect the obvious sarcasm

IMObjective
12-30-2014, 02:26 PM
Doubt it. When he left for Miami, his actions backed up his reasoning i.e. he went there to get a lot of help to win a title. Returning to Cleveland was all about giving back and being there for Northeast Ohio. If he left after a year, that obviously wasn't his intentions, which means that whole letter would've been pointless. If he never really had those intentions, I don't see why he would've wrote that letter knowing how much he would be killed if he left a year later.
Because Lebron's kind of dumb.

HOoopCityJones
12-30-2014, 02:36 PM
.. I guess someone couldn't detect the obvious sarcasm

You were dead serious.

:rolleyes:

Heavincent
12-30-2014, 03:26 PM
In 2010 I said "no way he leaves Cleveland"

In 2014 I said "no way he leaves Miami"

So yeah, I'm not ruling anything out this time. I don't buy that contrived "coming home " bullshit. Bran is a mercenary.

tomtucker
12-30-2014, 03:57 PM
http://www.keepcalmandposters.com/posters/1566895.png

BigTicket
12-30-2014, 04:28 PM
This article is completely made up, nothing but idle speculation.

Milbuck
12-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Didn't read the article, check the source or anything..but I really don't doubt it. It just seems entirely plausible for Lebron. Not that he's actually considering it, or has it as a serious back-up plan..but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. I don't think "he won't hesitate" is an accurate description of it, it would be a huge decision with potential major consequences for his legacy and image, so he would clearly have to think hard about it..but who knows what could happen? If Love leaves, injuries plague the team consistently, he and Blatt have problems and the FO finds it within themselves to stay strong and keep Blatt, if an opportunity presents itself for him to play in a extremely promising and surer situation..anything could happen. He's at the point in his career where even MVPs aren't super meaningful, it's all about championships. If it becomes crystal clear to him that this situation isn't going anywhere, and there's a clearly better option..

SamuraiSWISH
12-30-2014, 04:55 PM
Bran is a mercenary.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-IfEeZJQl1sA/UwfwsJsR93I/AAAAAAADp94/4oU5pfpfg8I/s800/2014-lebron-james-broken-nose-01.jpg

jzek
12-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Can the Heat get him?

Robalvarez2010
12-30-2014, 05:06 PM
He left Cleveland before, of course he'd do it again.
Agreed! The only ones that actually believe that he would stay are the same people that burned his jersey in the first place. If he really cared about his legacy, he would have stayed in Miami, because it was pretty much a guaranteed that Miami would have made it to the finals the next 3 to 4 seasons at least with how weak the east is. If you guys actually believe the nonsense that comes out of his mouth saying that he just wanted to come back home are delusional. He even stated that if he would have won the championship in Miami this year that he would have stayed because they would be going for a 4peat.

DMAVS41
12-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Stephen A Smith has been saying this shit since the jump.

He rarely, if ever, makes stuff up.

Can't imagine it, but would be the greatest thing ever. Not great, but the entertainment factor would be so high I can't even imagine it.

PejaTheSerbSnip
12-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Here's my baseless and possibly inane theory: LeBron can never leave Cleveland again. He's locked in, and that is PRECISELY why he feels the need to assume control and rule with an iron first, so to speak. Because he can't leave, and thus must make sure that he isn't saddled with a bunch of scrub players (he's not but that's beside the point) and an inept coach.

For his sake, he MUST assert his dominance and take advantage of the natural "hand" that he has in the situation.

Nay, I'm not some na

PejaTheSerbSnip
12-30-2014, 06:15 PM
All these "hints" deciphered by the media that he might leave are cute little bluffs, AT MOST.

But they're probably not even that.

DonDadda59
12-30-2014, 06:26 PM
So you're saying he won't hesitate to do what he's already done twice in the past 4 years?

Wow, this is my surprised face right now:

http://www.profilebrand.com/funny-pictures/category/celebrity/639_tommy-lee-jones-serious.gif

RedBlackAttack
12-30-2014, 06:46 PM
I don't think he'll leave, but I honestly wouldn't care if he did. Not one iota, and that's the truth. I never wanted him to come back in the first place. He's an annoying primadonna and his legions of fans are mostly sh!theads who regularly make me shake my head on here.

Yeah, the team is better. I will gladly take the trade-off, though. I'm already getting sick of his sh!t and he's only been here a few months. He's a great player. Even with his decreased level of play so far this season, his impact is still very visible. But god damn... he is an unlikeable jackass.

My two cents.

russwest0
12-30-2014, 06:49 PM
I don't think he'll leave, but I honestly wouldn't care if he did. Not one iota, and that's the truth. I never wanted him to come back in the first place. He's an annoying primadonna and his legions of fans are mostly sh!theads who regularly make me shake my head on here.

Yeah, the team is better. I will gladly take the trade-off, though. I'm already getting sick of his sh!t and he's only been here a few months. He's a great player. Even with his decreased level of play so far this season, his impact is still very visible. But god damn... he is an unlikeable jackass.

My two cents.

You guys shoulda kept Wiggins and traded LeBron for someone else. Yeah, Wiggins isn't setting the world on fire as a 19 year old rookie, but he looks on track to be rookie of the year and seems like a hard working kid with a low ego and a team first mentality.

Not to mention his potential as a great wing defender would be huge for this Cleveland team.

poido123
12-30-2014, 06:55 PM

My two cents.

Music to my ears :lol

As far as I can see, he's doing his best to absolutely screw the future of Cleveland with his petulant demands and if he forces Cleveland hand on the few remaining assets they have and do a panic trade...

Not going to be pretty.

He's had questionable character since the Miami thing. The guy is an insecure, self indulged baby.

Hey Yo
12-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Music to my ears :lol

As far as I can see, he's doing his best to absolutely screw the future of Cleveland with his petulant demands and if he forces Cleveland hand on the few remaining assets they have and do a panic trade...

Not going to be pretty.

He's had questionable character since the Miami thing. The guy is an insecure, self indulged baby.
How so? What demands?

russwest0
12-30-2014, 07:19 PM
How so? What demands?

Dude was calling up Love and orchestrating that whole trade before Wiggins could even get settled into the city of Cleveland.

poido123
12-30-2014, 07:22 PM
How so? What demands?

The love trade was one. He would of asked for that to happen on condition of returning to Cleveland.

The request to have his ex heat teammates jump aboard.

Now there's speculation that blatt is on the hot seat. Now who do you think could be behind this?

The next thing will be a panic trade to offload their remaining assets for a rim protector.

Lebron pretty much gets what he wants.

Hey Yo
12-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Dude was calling up Love and orchestrating that whole trade before Wiggins could even get settled into the city of Cleveland.
Wanting to play with a good established NBA player > the next possible Joe "I played for 12 different teams" Smith

Nothings automatic with the 1st overall pick.

JohnFreeman
12-30-2014, 07:30 PM
People believe this shit?

poido123
12-30-2014, 07:34 PM

He probably won't, but there is reason to believe that he could.

He did so the first time to leave for Miami, knowing his reputation could take a hit....

Hey Yo
12-30-2014, 07:34 PM
The love trade was one. He would of asked for that to happen on condition of returning to Cleveland.

The request to have his ex heat teammates jump aboard.

Now there's speculation that blatt is on the hot seat. Now who do you think could be behind this?

The next thing will be a panic trade to offload their remaining assets for a rim protector.

Lebron pretty much gets what he wants.
So bringing in James "DNP coaches decison" Jones and Mike Miller is destroying the Cavs future?

Key word.."specualtion"

With Varejao out for the season and in need of a rim protector before that happen, how would it be looked at as a "panic trade" if they go out and get that? You're using assestS as plural? What assetS you referring to?

AirFederer
12-30-2014, 07:39 PM
LA next :rockon:

;)

Heavincent
12-30-2014, 07:40 PM

Yeah, it's hard to fathom the idea of Lebron jumping ship when things aren't going so well...

oh wait

Bran has bitched and moaned about his team all year.

"my patience isn't endless"

"biggest challenge of my career"

"I don't need permission from the coach anymore"

"we're not a good team"

etc.

RedBlackAttack
12-30-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm just going to vent a little bit here, because things have not been sitting well with me regarding this team and the direction I see thing going toward.

Since the two championship wins and the heartwarming, if not authentic, letter following his second "decision" in four years, LeBron was hailed "more mature" and "level-headed" and "a leader."

"He learned from his past mistakes," they told us.

I was suspicious all along that the narcissistic ego-maniac was always just below the surface, ready to present itself when the times got tough or there was a true test of his character. I even said as much on this forum over the last three years.

Since his laughably arrogant outburst after the loss to the Mavs in 2011 where he basically said, "I'm better than you, so I don't care what you think," the story which ESPN and the like have been pushing is one of redemption. He went into a "dark place" over that summer and came out a better man.

That was the chosen media narrative and it was neatly packaged and guzzled down by the masses. His reputation wasn't entirely restored from what it was pre-Decision, but it was in a much better place than it was following the Mavs loss.

But, something always struck me about the years that followed LeBron's "low point"... he was mostly winning. It's easy to sound humble, mature and all that good stuff when things are going well, and three straight Finals and two consecutive championships certainly applies.

I always wondered what would happen when there were legitimate obstacles thrown up in front of him again. What would happen when he was facing justifiable and pointedly harsh criticism. Would he be the "new, mature" James or revert back to ego-maniac who had the audacity to utter the phrase, "I'm taking my talents to South Beach"?

Well, I think we have the answer.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in the way that he is handling the situation here. There is just too much smoke for there not to be some fire at this point. We don't know for sure if all the worst reports are true... those saying that James is intentionally undermining Blatt and has splintered the Cavs into two factions -- those who are still faithful to Blatt (Kyrie, Miller, Thompson) and LeBron's crew (Love, Waiters), but there are some things we don't need an all access pass to see.

The guy wears a heavy scowl most games, looks disengaged and disinterested much of the time, is quick to throw his teammates under the bus as he tries to "let them fail" as a "teaching moment"... while simultaneously committing all of the sins he has called others out for -- falling asleep on defense, careless turnovers, not communicating or being on the same page with teammates/coaches, taking bad/low percentage shots at inopportune times.

I thought he'd at least be grown up enough to come to Blatt's defense this week with the avalanche of negative attention, but all we get is, "He's our coach... who else do we have?"

It feels like he's sabotaging the guy 30 games into the season. Can this be real?

You know, in the build-up to James' decision to come back to Cleveland, I was very open about the fact that I'd prefer he stay away. My reasoning was pretty simple... I thought I'd have a hard time rooting for a guy that I find totally unlikeable... and that I prefer to actually like the teams I root for.

For some people, that isn't an important factor, but LeBron can be such a massive douche, wanting him to succeed can feel a bit conflicted. With the way he has handled the last few weeks, part of me feels like he deserves to fail.

Someone in the organization needs to stand up to this guy. I'm not holding my breath.

RedBlackAttack
12-30-2014, 08:01 PM
So bringing in James "DNP coaches decison" Jones and Mike Miller is destroying the Cavs future?

Key word.."specualtion"

With Varejao out for the season and in need of a rim protector before that happen, how would it be looked at as a "panic trade" if they go out and get that? You're using assestS as plural? What assetS you referring to?
Draft picks, advantageous contracts, young talent.

The usual things that are considered assets in the NBA.

iTare
12-30-2014, 08:03 PM
so fvcking alpha

russwest0
12-30-2014, 08:04 PM
I'm just going to vent a little bit here, because things have not been sitting well with me regarding this team and the direction I see thing going toward.

Since the two championship wins and the heartwarming, if not authentic, letter following his second "decision" in four years, LeBron was hailed "more mature" and "level-headed" and "a leader."

I was suspicious all along that the narcissistic ego-maniac was always just below the surface, ready to present itself when the times got tough or the situation called for it. I even said as much on this forum over the last three years.

Since his laughably outburst after the loss to the Mavs in 2011 where he basically said, "I'm better than you, so I don't care what you think," the story which ESPN and the like have been pushing is one of redemption. He went into a "dark place" over that summer and came out a better man.

That was the chosen media narrative and it was neatly packaged and guzzled down by the masses. His reputation wasn't entirely restored from what it was pre-Decision, but it was in a much better place than it was following the Mavs loss.

But, something always struck me about the years that followed LeBron's "low point"... he was mostly winning. It's easy to sound humble, mature and all that good stuff when things are going well, and three straight Finals and two consecutive championships certainly applies.

I always wondered what would happen when there were legitimate obstacles thrown up in front of him again. What would happen when he was facing justifiable and pointedly harsh criticism. Would he be the "new, mature" James or revert back to ego-maniac who had the audacity to utter the phrase, "I'm taking my talents to South Beach"?

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in the way that he is handling the situation here. There is just too much smoke for there not to be some fire at this point. We don't know for sure if all the worst reports are true... those saying that James is intentionally undermining Blatt and has splintered the Cavs into two factions -- those who are still faithful to Blatt (Kyrie, Miller, Thompson) and LeBron's crew (Love, Waiters), but there are some things we don't need an all access pass to see.

The guy wears a heavy scowl most games, looks disengaged and disinterested much of the time, is quick to throw his teammates under the bus as he tries to "let them fail" as a "teaching moment"... while simultaneously committing all of the sins he has called others out for -- falling asleep on defense, careless turnovers, not communicating or being on the same page with teammates/coaches, taking bad/low percentage shots at inopportune times.

I thought he'd at least be grown up enough to come to Blatt's defense this week with the avalanche of negative attention, but all we get is, "He's our coach... who else do we have?"

It feels like he's sabotaging the guy 30 games into the season. Can this be real?

You know, in the build-up to James' decision to come back to Cleveland, I was very open about the fact that I'd prefer he stay away. My reasoning was pretty simple... I thought I'd have a hard time rooting for a guy that I find totally unlikeable... and that I prefer to actually like the teams I root for.

For some people, that isn't an important factor, but LeBron can be such a massive douche, wanting him to succeed can feel a bit conflicted. With the way he has handled the last few weeks, part of me feels like he deserves to fail.

Someone in the organization needs to stand up to this guy. I'm not holding my breath.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

There's the RBA that I thought was a badass. Welcome back bro :oldlol: :cheers:

outbreak
12-30-2014, 08:10 PM
:confusedshrug: He already did it to Cleveland once (after promising them a ring), and people said the same thing with him and Miami.

Middle of last season, his words on going back to Cleveland were "I ain't going back to cold winters" until they got the pieces to trade for Love. LeBron is a frontrunner and he'll go wherever the most stacked team is, regardless of what he said in the past.

There were SO many articles and interviews during his heat period where he said he would go back to cleveland. Numerous times. Whenever asked he said he would be sticking to his promise and wanted to finish things right there. Saying he had no intention until they got Love is plain stupid. I hate Lebron but don't try and change history.

HomieWeMajor
12-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Like father like son :applause:

JT123
12-30-2014, 08:28 PM

I was suspicious all along that the narcissistic ego-maniac was always just below the surface, ready to present itself when the times got tough or the situation called for it. I even said as much on this forum over the last three years.

Since his laughably outburst after the loss to the Mavs in 2011 where he basically said, "I'm better than you, so I don't care what you think," the story which ESPN and the like have been pushing is one of redemption. He went into a "dark place" over that summer and came out a better man.

So you are basing all this anger over a report from Brian Windhorst? (Who is known to make shit up btw) :facepalm
No offense, but it seems to be you are still very bitter about him leaving the first time, and are looking to believe any and every bit of negative press concerning him.

oh the horror
12-30-2014, 08:36 PM
So you are basing all this anger over a report from Brian Windhorst? (Who is known to make shit up btw) :facepalm
No offense, but it seems to be you are still very bitter about him leaving the first time, and are looking to believe any and every bit of negative press concerning him.

Would you not agree though that there has been smoke coming from the locker room of the Cavs?

RedBlackAttack
12-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm basing it on what I see and hear with my own two eyes and ears. His quotes about Blatt were troubling. His effort on the court is inconsistent at best, and it includes things totally within his control like energy and effort.

I think he's handling things terribly aside from whether or not the other rumors are true. If that stuff is true as well then he's a bigger narcissist and opportunist than I think he is... which is saying quite a lot.

JT123
12-30-2014, 08:46 PM
Would you not agree though that there has been smoke coming from the locker room of the Cavs?
I honestly have no idea. I personally don't consider Windhorst and ESPN to be credible sources. There may be a few players who haven't bought into Blatt as a coach, but can anyone blame them? The guy hasn't yet proved he can coach at this level, and until he does people will question him. RBA writing angry essays as if he knows for certain that Lebron is trying to get the coach fired is a little ridiculous. If Bron wanted Blatt gone he would be gone, period. Lebron hasn't been a perfect leader this season, but I have a hard time believing that he's purposely dividing a locker room, especially considering in his 12 year career none of his teammates have ever said a negative word about him. :confusedshrug:

Real14
12-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Of course, I'm definitely not shocked. I won't be surprised either if NBA networks still call him "king" after this (which is sad because him being king is obviously false). I just don't wanna hear shit from anybody who think he deserve to be in top 10:no: especially when he leaves again.:coleman:

RedBlackAttack
12-30-2014, 08:53 PM

I'm not even talking about fat boy's worthless articles. You don't need an insider to read the guy's quotes, watch his effort/energy, and observe his general demeanor.

He's acting like a douche... again. I just want him to stop. If you don't know how to talk to the press after all this time, then don't talk to them.

Saying things like, "He's our coach right now... who else is going to do it?" is not helping. It's stoking the flames.

And, if what you say is true -- that if LeBron wants him gone, he'll be gone that second -- then we are in worse shape than I thought. I don't care how good a player is. You cannot allow this guy to dictate all of your personnel and coaching moves. Have a little backbone for god's sake.

JT123
12-30-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm basing it on what I see and hear with my own two eyes and ears. His quotes about Blatt were troubling. His effort on the court is inconsistent at best, and it includes things totally within his control like energy and effort.

I think he's handling things terribly aside from whether or not the other rumors are true. If that stuff is true as well then he's a bigger narcissist and opportunist than I think he is... which is saying quite a lot.
I agree with you on the effort part, but I think a lot of it has to do with his health. He's already missed 2 games with a bad knee this year, and he almost never sits out games. His injury situation is clearly a lot more serious than he's letting on.
I still think a lot of your negative feelings about him are because of him leaving 4 years ago. Did you think he was an unlikeable douche during his first stint in Cleveland? If yes then I stand corrected.

JT123
12-30-2014, 09:11 PM
I'm not even talking about fat boy's worthless articles. You don't need an insider to read the guy's quotes, watch his effort/energy, and observe his general demeanor.

He's acting like a douche... again. I just want him to stop. If you don't know how to talk to the press after all this time, then don't talk to them.

Saying things like, "He's our coach right now... who else is going to do it?" is not helping. It's stoking the flames.

And, if what you say is true -- that if LeBron wants him gone, he'll be gone that second -- then we are in worse shape than I thought. I don't care how good a player is. You cannot allow this guy to dictate all of your personnel and coaching moves. Have a little backbone for god's sake.
That wasn't Lebron's full quote regarding Blatt. He also said he wants Blatt there, but the media shortened it for click bait purposes. As for the bolded, any star player of Lebron's caliber has that kind of power. :oldlol:
You don't think Durant could get Scott Brooks fired if he didn't like him? Same thing with Anthony Davis and any other top 5 talent. Teams will do whatever it takes to keep their star players happy.

DMAVS41
12-30-2014, 09:15 PM

I was suspicious all along that the narcissistic ego-maniac was always just below the surface, ready to present itself when the times got tough or there was a true test of his character. I even said as much on this forum over the last three years.

Since his laughably arrogant outburst after the loss to the Mavs in 2011 where he basically said, "I'm better than you, so I don't care what you think," the story which ESPN and the like have been pushing is one of redemption. He went into a "dark place" over that summer and came out a better man.

And not getting Dieng back in that trade looks 10 times worse now because the defense is even more inept than I imagined.

Lebron is an amazing basketball player, but he can only play 1 way. You make him play Blatt's offense and he just won't be that good...and if Lebron isn't great for the Cavs...they have no chance to win.

So honestly Blatt has to adapt or you guys should just fire him. Because even if Lebron wanted to play the way Blatt asked...it wouldn't work unless it was Lebron ball.

RedBlackAttack
12-30-2014, 09:28 PM
And not getting Dieng back in that trade looks 10 times worse now because the defense is even more inept than I imagined.

Lebron is an amazing basketball player, but he can only play 1 way. You make him play Blatt's offense and he just won't be that good...and if Lebron isn't great for the Cavs...they have no chance to win.

So honestly Blatt has to adapt or you guys should just fire him. Because even if Lebron wanted to play the way Blatt asked...it wouldn't work unless it was Lebron ball.
And what way is that? LeBron's usage on this team is essentially the same as it was in Miami, which was slightly less than his first stint in Cleveland. He's being given all kinds of room to create and to score. I'm not sure which part of Blatt's "system" is causing LeBron to casually toss the ball into four defenders.

Blatt is an easy scapegoat. That's all this is about.

gts
12-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
James when asked if David Blatt is the "right" coach for the Cavs:
[I]"Yeah, I mean, he

Lebron23
12-30-2014, 09:38 PM
I think he stays in Cleveland.

Budadiiii
12-30-2014, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=gts]Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
James when asked if David Blatt is the "right" coach for the Cavs:
[I]"Yeah, I mean, he

bluechox2
12-30-2014, 10:08 PM
hes coming to ny

DMAVS41
12-30-2014, 10:14 PM
And what way is that? LeBron's usage on this team is essentially the same as it was in Miami, which was slightly less than his first stint in Cleveland. He's being given all kinds of room to create and to score. I'm not sure which part of Blatt's "system" is causing LeBron to casually toss the ball into four defenders.

Oh I agree. Lebron is back to playing his way. He's even talked about it...just taking over pg duties whenever.

They clearly aren't running Blatt's stuff when I have watched their last few games.

I don't blame Blatt at all. Seems like a smart dude, good guy, and good leader.

But he won't win a battle against Lebron. We all know that.

R.I.P.
12-30-2014, 10:15 PM
If Bron and Love left. LOL. :lol

navy
12-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Crazy that you guys let the media influence you so much. Do you even fully read these articles?

It's been 30 games. Get a damn grip. Stop posting and reading half quotes and half articles.

The Cavs eight game win streak was literally a week ago and Vaejao just got injured. Kyrie literally didnt even play the last two games. It's not time to panic.

gts
12-30-2014, 11:06 PM
To me (not that it means anything :lol ) but to me one of the greatest asset an athlete can have coming into a professional sport is good people around him...

From day one when the hype around James began to grow I've never felt there was anyone looking out for Lebron including Lebron himself... he has lots of folks around him, lots of yes men, lot's of enablers who hang on his every word but nobody there to say "hey, you're doing it wrong"...

When I saw that tattoo with "chosen one" when he was what 17? I thought who the fu*k is handling this kid... over the years some of his comments here and there just reeked of nobody guiding him. then the whole "decision" went down and we saw amateur hour at it's finest. Lebron at 25 years old was allowed to go on National TV in primetime and rip an entire fanbases heart out..

Seriously how does a manager let a client get manipulated into one of the worst ideas of all time like that. it was then that you realized the chosen one had surrounded himself with people who said things he wanted to hear and not people who had Lebron's best interests in mind... Good agents guide a players career in way that serves the client and thus the agent in the best way.

Riles was probably the best thing that ever happened to Lebron a strong hand a professional hand that knew how much rope to give and when to say "heal" when to celebrate and when to get down to business and once again we see what is in Lebron's best interests plays out wrong... the move back to Cleveland felt knee jerk it feels forced, the letter was another who's running this show moment...

everything he does ends up seeming like a bad move when if it had been handled properly would have played out in a different manner with the same results

There was actually nothing wrong with his going to Miami, nothing wrong with it at all athletes change teams all the time but when you're the face of the franchise, the heart and soul of an entire region of the USA you do it in the least painful manner possible, you do it with class and dignity.. you go to the owner, then you call Riley in Miami and say i'm in but don't announce it yet then you tell your team mates then the beat writers who've been kissing your ass for the last few years you let them break the news... you leave everyone intact with their dignity...

Then he comes back to Cleveland, again not a bad thing to do but once again we see poor decision making from the inner circle... His actions/words make it seem like he's doing this for Cleveland like he's doing the city a big favor... the whole letter is just a big you can kiss my feet i'm coming home to save you..just shoot me

You want to come back to Cleveland just say I want to come back I miss you guys

the whole announcement\letter SI article rings hollow because he's echoing many of the same things he said before he left Cleveland.. again where was the person going "errrm Lebron you basically said the same thing BEFORE you left them the last time"

just shut the fu*k up, let the Cavs announce you're returning and go on vacation

I like Lebron, I don't think he's a bad guy but I do think he's really naive and totally disconnected from the reality of who "Lebron James" is at times and seriously i need of some professional direction...

Basically just because the tattoo says chosen one doesn't mean you are..

Everytime another layer of the onion is peeled we just find more of the same, you keep wondering where does the shallow self serving persona end, when do we see what i truly believe is under there

it's OK to be arrogant, its what makes him great on the court it's OK to be proud of your accomplishments it's OK to toot your own horn but there's a right place and wrong place and Lebron time and time again seems to have trouble distinguishing his where and when's

thus ends the longest rant ever typed on an iPhone, Jeff we need an app

Knicksfever2010
12-30-2014, 11:14 PM
http://blog.silive.com/sportsstories/2009/09/large_lebron-james-knicks.jpg

poido123
12-31-2014, 05:04 AM

Key word.."specualtion"

Haywood expirer

Waiters

It's a panic trade because they should wait and see how the season shakes out before making anymore big moves.

Once they use those two assets, that's it.

I was referring to lebron having the reigns to the Cavs decisions and not the management. That's why I mentioned the ex heat players

Dragonyeuw
12-31-2014, 05:29 AM
To me (not that it means anything :lol ) but to me one of the greatest asset an athlete can have coming into a professional sport is good people around him...

From day one when the hype around James began to grow I've never felt there was anyone looking out for Lebron including Lebron himself... he has lots of folks around him, lots of yes men, lot's of enablers who hang on his every word but nobody there to say "hey, you're doing it wrong"...

When I saw that tattoo with "chosen one" when he was what 17? I thought who the fu*k is handling this kid... over the years some of his comments here and there just reeked of nobody guiding him. then the whole "decision" went down and we saw amateur hour at it's finest. Lebron at 25 years old was allowed to go on National TV in primetime and rip an entire fanbases heart out..

Seriously how does a manager let a client get manipulated into one of the worst ideas of all time like that. it was then that you realized the chosen one had surrounded himself with people who said things he wanted to hear and not people who had Lebron's best interests in mind... Good agents guide a players career in way that serves the client and thus the agent in the best way.

Riles was probably the best thing that ever happened to Lebron a strong hand a professional hand that knew how much rope to give and when to say "heal" when to celebrate and when to get down to business and once again we see what is in Lebron's best interests plays out wrong... the move back to Cleveland felt knee jerk it feels forced, the letter was another who's running this show moment...

everything he does ends up seeming like a bad move when if it had been handled properly would have played out in a different manner with the same results

There was actually nothing wrong with his going to Miami, nothing wrong with it at all athletes change teams all the time but when you're the face of the franchise, the heart and soul of an entire region of the USA you do it in the least painful manner possible, you do it with class and dignity.. you go to the owner, then you call Riley in Miami and say i'm in but don't announce it yet then you tell your team mates then the beat writers who've been kissing your ass for the last few years you let them break the news... you leave everyone intact with their dignity...

Then he comes back to Cleveland, again not a bad thing to do but once again we see poor decision making from the inner circle... His actions/words make it seem like he's doing this for Cleveland like he's doing the city a big favor... the whole letter is just a big you can kiss my feet i'm coming home to save you..just shoot me

the whole announcement\letter SI article rings hollow because he's echoing many of the same things he said before he left Cleveland.. again where was the person going "errrm Lebron you basically said the same thing BEFORE you left them the last time"

just shut the fu*k up, let the Cavs announce you're returning and go on vacation

I like Lebron, I don't think he's a bad guy but I do think he's really naive and totally disconnected from the reality of who "Lebron James" is at times and seriously i need of some professional direction...

Everytime another layer of the onion is peeled we just find more of the same, you keep wondering where does the shallow self serving persona end, when do we see what i truly believe is under there

it's OK to be arrogant, its what makes him great on the court it's OK to be proud of your accomplishments it's OK to toot your own horn but there's a right place and wrong place and Lebron time and time again seems to have trouble distinguishing his where and when's

Damn. All of that can be summed up very succinctly: Lebron had the entire basketball community anoint him the next great player from the time he was in diapers. That in essence created the monster, so to speak. Like you said and I agree, Lebron needs a Pat Riley/ Phil Jackson type to reign him in. Blatt has absolutely no chance here....

BasedTom
12-31-2014, 05:52 AM
he has that opt out, so he can power-play all he wants with the cavs organization and so that they can shit themselves in fear and appease his every whim. Nothing wrong with caring about your image/legacy, but it can get to the point where a person becomes an insecure diva

Look at Shaq. One of the best players of all time. He presents himself as this big dopey smiley character, but it's plain to see that the guy wants to be relevant, takes every opportunity to promote his own accomplishments and downplay his failures, and lashes out when faced with criticism... Shamelessly hopped from contender to contender towards the end of his career. Compare that to Tim Duncan. Even if Tim decided to leave the Spurs at some point in his career, you get the sense that he wouldn't have burned bridges or made a spectacle out of it.

miggyme1
12-31-2014, 03:34 PM
he has that opt out, so he can power-play all he wants with the cavs organization and so that they can shit themselves in fear and appease his every whim. Nothing wrong with caring about your image/legacy, but it can get to the point where a person becomes an insecure diva

Look at Shaq. One of the best players of all time. He presents himself as this big dopey smiley character, but it's plain to see that the guy wants to be relevant, takes every opportunity to promote his own accomplishments and downplay his failures, and lashes out when faced with criticism... Shamelessly hopped from contender to contender towards the end of his career. Compare that to Tim Duncan. Even if Tim decided to leave the Spurs at some point in his career, you get the sense that he wouldn't have burned bridges or made a spectacle out of it.

shamelessly? dude was at the end of his career...what was he supposed to do?sit on the bench for the kings or bucks?smh....i see nothing wrong with a guy in his late 30's trying to get one last ring.

riseagainst
12-31-2014, 03:49 PM

dam....

:applause:

tomtucker
12-31-2014, 04:37 PM
so folks should find their heat #6 jerseys from the closet again :confusedshrug:

imdaman99
12-31-2014, 04:46 PM
bran to golden state and kd to washington. I don't see bran going back to Miami since Wade is not what he was even 2 years ago. The only reason I don't see bran going to Golden State is because he doesn't wanna be on the bench in 2 years being the rich man's Iggydolla. He would get exposed on a nightly basis playing in the West :lol

Kvnzhangyay
12-31-2014, 04:51 PM
bran to golden state and kd to washington. I don't see bran going back to Miami since Wade is not what he was even 2 years ago. The only reason I don't see bran going to Golden State is because he doesn't wanna be on the bench in 2 years being the rich man's Iggydolla. He would get exposed on a nightly basis playing in the West :lol

Golden state and washington would both be unfair :eek:

brandonislegend
12-31-2014, 04:55 PM
I think he stays in Cleveland.
You will follow whatever team he goes to anyway so why does it matter? :lol

imdaman99
12-31-2014, 04:56 PM
Golden state and washington would both be unfair :eek:
Neither of them should. Washington is already becoming stacked and if they add KD in the east, not even the Bulls will be able to contend. And Golden State, it would stunt Steph's growth as a player becoming a spot up shooter. It may seem like Steph would be a great spot up shooter because he is elite there but we thought the same with Lebron and Love.

Even if Detroit gets 1 of these guys they will become instant contenders for the title. Or Sacramento.

Micku
12-31-2014, 05:44 PM

The usage pct doesn't mean that LBJ holds the ball and play PG role tho. It just mean that the offense goes through him. You could have a high usage rate without dominating the ball. Like Kevin Durant last year. His time of possession (min) of 3.6, yet his usage pct was leading the league with 33.0%. Compared that to John Wall who lead the league in terms of time of possessions last year with 8.0, and his usage rate was 27.4%.

Usage % is pointless in trying to see if a player moves off the ball, because usage doesn't determine in which player holds the ball more, but rather how many shots your team could with that player in the lineup.

To estimate "LeBron ball" you have to look at time of possession. LeBron last year had a time of possession of 5.1. This year LeBron had a time of possession of 6.0. To see kind'a how high this is, Rondo and Rose have a 6.3 and 6.1 respectfully. This indicates that LeBron played more off the ball in his last year in Miami than he is this year. Him and Irving have the same ToP with 6.0. They basically share PG duties.

In the end, you are right that LBJ having more than enough chances to playmake and stuff. It's just that Usage is a wrong way to indicate it in terms of having the ball in your hands.