PDA

View Full Version : Glasses vs Contacts Thread

russwest0
12-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Currently have glasses, but want to go to contacts, wondering if it's worth the jump and wondering which brand of contacts is best?

As far as I know contacts don't have to be fitted or anything, you just get a prescription and order a box online. Man they seem so much better.

L.Kizzle
12-30-2014, 01:07 PM
You usually get both if you have bad vision.

Myth
12-30-2014, 01:09 PM
I have both, but I may only wear the glasses about once or twice per month (often when my eyes are irritated).

alenleomessi
12-30-2014, 01:12 PM
not even a question.. contacts is the way to go

bigkingsfan
12-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Contacts throughout the day, glasses right before bed.

russwest0
12-30-2014, 01:24 PM
lmao, I tell my family about getting contacts and they try to scare me away with fear. yet, everyone who has them loves them.

which contacts are best?

waseem780
12-30-2014, 01:53 PM
lmao, I tell my family about getting contacts and they try to scare me away with fear. yet, everyone who has them loves them.

which contacts are best?
My dad tried to scare me away from contacts too. But Ive stuck with contacts ever since I got them , probably the best thing that has happened to me in a while was getting contacts can see everything a whole lot better. I jumped straight to contacts and never wore glasses.

Myth
12-30-2014, 02:12 PM

which contacts are best?

Oasis. The ones that you only need to take out once per week.

Jailblazers7
12-30-2014, 02:24 PM
I almost always wear my glasses. Just too damn lazy to do contacts often. I basically only use my contacts for when I'm playing a contact sport or swimming.

imdaman99
12-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Glasses just get in the way, you can't really do much athletic-wise with glasses. I suppose there are a few dudes that wear glasses on the court, but those get knocked off every now and then in tough games. In every day life, contacts as well. Glasses start hurting your ears, your nose, plus they leave a mark. I only wear them when my eyes are irritated or lack of sleep.

Get the ones Myth recommended

https://hereforthepretty.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/acuvue-oasys-with-hydraclear-plus.jpg

iTare
12-30-2014, 03:25 PM
ur a fvcking nerd if u wear glasses
lmao
losers

ItsMillerTime
12-30-2014, 03:42 PM
ur a fvcking nerd if u wear glasses
lmao
losers

rather be a nerd than be fvcking blind

:biggums:

And contacts >>>>>

iTare
12-30-2014, 03:43 PM
rather be a nerd than be fvcking blind

:biggums:

And contacts >>>>>
ill make sure to neg you whenever possible.

Crystallas
12-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Bates method

russwest0
12-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Oasis. The ones that you only need to take out once per week.

Are those better than the daily disposables?

And can you sleep in them?

Myth
12-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Are those better than the daily disposables?

And can you sleep in them?

Yeah, you can sleep in them and it is recommended you take them out once per week (I usually go well over a month). You are supposed to dispose of them once per month.

russwest0
12-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Yeah, you can sleep in them and it is recommended you take them out once per week (I usually go well over a month). You are supposed to dispose of them once per month.

looks like these will be my first contacts once I find my prescription and order them off of contacts.com

Thanks man.

russwest0
12-30-2014, 08:06 PM
Should I go to my eye doctor to get fitted for contacts and order from him or should I just get my prescription, scan it into an online website and order from them?

the wise man
12-30-2014, 08:11 PM
So, anyone here that did or is considering Lasik?

Lebron23
12-30-2014, 08:13 PM
You need to wear some contacts Simon. Glasses makes you look like a Beta.

Lebron23
12-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Should I go to my eye doctor to get fitted for contacts and order from him or should I just get my prescription, scan it into an online website and order from them?

What'$ your eye grade??

bladefd
12-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Be careful that the amoebas do not eat your eyeballs.. :eek:

The space between contact lenses and the eye is well suited to allowing microorganisms that don't like oxygen to breed, and worse still, feed on the cornea. Acanthamoeba represents the main threat, and in Kao's case six months of not removing her lenses gave it ample time to become established.

Acanthamoeba does not feed directly on human tissue. Instead it eats bacteria. Bacterial infections became established on Kao's cornea, so the amoeba had plenty to eat to get a colony started. Then it burrowed into Kao's eyes to get at the bacteria living further in.
http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/girl-left-her-contacts-6-months-and-amoebas-ate-her-eyeballs

enayes
12-30-2014, 09:43 PM
If you get contacts please take them out when you sleep. Do you really want to go to sleep with things attached to your eyeballs? Your eyes need to be free and exposed to oxygen at night.

I personally have both but prefer my glasses for everyday situations. As of now I only wear contacts when I will be outside for most of the day, playing sports, hiking, etc.

Contacts tend to irritate my eyes and they bother me if I'm wearing them just watching TV or something, some of it's mental but I don't like to keep contacts in for very long.

If I were you I would get the 2-week disposables or dailies and always take them out/throw them away at night.

deja vu
12-31-2014, 12:32 AM
What's your measurement in diopters?

Personally, I prefer eyeglasses over contacts if I can help it. I am -7D so eyeglasses for that tend to be thick, unless the lenses are high index ones. Those lenses are very expensive.

I've been a contact lens user for 12 years and I have my share of red eyes, dryness, etc. I switched to Air Optix contacts which have high oxygen permiability.

You need to make sure your hands are very clean. I wash my hands thoroughly with soap and wipe them with tissue before inserting my contacts.

I'm tired of wearing them all the time so I'm planning to get a pair of high index glasses. They cost around $400 though.

If I don't look like an awkward nerd I would definitely wear eyeglasses.

deja vu
12-31-2014, 12:38 AM
Be careful that the amoebas do not eat your eyeballs.. :eek:

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/girl-left-her-contacts-6-months-and-amoebas-ate-her-eyeballs
That's a result of poor hygiene i.e. not cleaning the lenses or swimming in the pool with contacts on. As long as you properly wash and dry your hands thoroughly before putting on your contacts, infections are rarely a problem.

Bless Mathews
12-31-2014, 12:39 AM
So, anyone here that did or is considering Lasik?

I'm gonna do LASIK here soon.

I'm blind as a bat.

-5.0 on contact lense box.

Bless Mathews
12-31-2014, 12:39 AM
Currently have glasses, but want to go to contacts, wondering if it's worth the jump and wondering which brand of contacts is best?

As far as I know contacts don't have to be fitted or anything, you just get a prescription and order a box online. Man they seem so much better.

You have to get a separate contact lense appointment and prescription g.

KyleKong
12-31-2014, 01:09 AM
Use both man.

I wear glasses around the house and contacts when I'm going out with friends or driving and need sun glasses.

I don't have those super expensive contacts that last years, I have the ones that are good for around a month at a time.

russwest0
01-01-2015, 01:25 PM
You have to get a separate contact lense appointment and prescription g.

shit, thats like another 100 dollars or some shit.

I think the insurance im under allows for one visit a year, with the new year maybe it will be free.

El Kabong
01-01-2015, 01:28 PM
How easy are contacts to put in/out? I've been thinking about getting them, but I have issues with putting stuff in my eyes.

The_Yearning
01-01-2015, 01:57 PM
How easy are contacts to put in/out? I've been thinking about getting them, but I have issues with putting stuff in my eyes.

Gets easy after the first week.

Le Shaqtus
01-01-2015, 02:23 PM
I fux with that 20x20 vision