PDA

View Full Version : What if CP3 went to the Lakers?

Fork
12-30-2014, 01:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blhkMWa55dM

Jlamb47
12-30-2014, 02:18 PM
They would of won the title multiple times
the 2 best gaurds on one team

Adam Silver
12-30-2014, 02:21 PM
If the Lakers want, they can have him now.

guy
12-30-2014, 02:47 PM
I actually do think CP3 would've been able to mediate between Kobe and Howard and Howard would've stayed. I also think they wouldn't gotten off to such a terrible start, resulting in Mike Brown getting fired and the terrible hire of Mike D'Antoni. On top of that, I don't think Kobe gets hurt. So they would've had a big three of Kobe, CP3, and Howard. However, I'm not sure Kobe and CP3 really fit that well together, but they'd still be a contender. But wow, if all that happened, Kobe would've been inarguably the luckiest player of all-time as far as talent around him goes.

triangleoffense
12-30-2014, 02:55 PM
He was about to until Stern pulled the shadiest move of his tenure as god-king of the NBA

GimmeThat
12-30-2014, 02:57 PM
is it true that Paul Pierce is actually stated as his height at 6'6"?

waseem780
12-30-2014, 04:35 PM
is it true that Paul Pierce is actually stated as his height at 6'6"?
He is 6'6 without shoes.

LoneyROY7
12-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Fpliii would overrate him even more. :lol

Just kidding, bruuuuhhhh.

Jlamb47
12-30-2014, 04:37 PM
I actually do think CP3 would've been able to mediate between Kobe and Howard and Howard would've stayed. I also think they wouldn't gotten off to such a terrible start, resulting in Mike Brown getting fired and the terrible hire of Mike D'Antoni. On top of that, I don't think Kobe gets hurt. So they would've had a big three of Kobe, CP3, and Howard. However, I'm not sure Kobe and CP3 really fit that well together, but they'd still be a contender. But wow, if all that happened, Kobe would've been inarguably the luckiest player of all-time as far as talent around him goes.

Hes so unlucky that he didnt get Chris Paul. Lebron got Wade and Bosh then Kyrie and Love......

waseem780
12-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Stern didn't veto the trade for no ****ing reason. He vetoed the trade cause the NBA was responsible for the Hornets and the Hornets would've got raped in that deal. The Clippers offer for Gordan and Minnesota 1st rounder was better AT THE TIME.

Beastmode88
12-30-2014, 04:48 PM
Kobe Cp0 and Dwight.. :biggums:

Crown&Coke
12-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Stern didn't veto the trade for no ****ing reason. He vetoed the trade cause the NBA was responsible for the Hornets and the Hornets would've got raped in that deal. The Clippers offer for Gordan and Minnesota 1st rounder was better AT THE TIME.

Raped? They couldn't even pry Eric Bledsoe away from the Clips when they traded an All NBA point guard. Had they got their hands on Eric B. I would say they got the better deal.

Kevin Martin
Luis Scola
Lamar Odom
Goran Dragic
2012 first-round pick that Houston got from the Knicks

vs

Eric Gordon
Chris Kaman
Al-Farouq Aminu
Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick
(while NOLA gave up 2 second rounders as well)

TheCalmInsanity
12-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Raped? They couldn't even pry Eric Bledsoe away from the Clips when they traded an All NBA point guard. Had they got their hands on Eric B. I would say they got the better deal.

Kevin Martin
Luis Scola
Lamar Odom
Goran Dragic
2012 first-round pick that Houston got from the Knicks

vs

Eric Gordon
Chris Kaman
Al-Farouq Aminu
Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick
(while NOLA gave up 2 second rounders as well)

At the time, Gordon was a budding "future all star", a great shooter and a great defender and was young. Bledsoe was just potential and didn't play a huge role at the time.

At that time, New Orleans wanted 3 things. Youth, cap space, and draft picks. Those 3 things would look the most enticing to future franchise buyers, and they got all 3 with the Clippers deal. Cap space with Kaman's 14 mil coming off the books, youth with Gordon, and a potentially VERY good draft pick with an unprotected Minnesota first (don't forget, the Clippers waited 5 years for that pick to become unprotected).

The Lakers deal saw them getting an aging Lamar Odom and Luis Scola. Kevin Martin doesn't bring value, Dragic in hindsight might have been okay, and the first round pick from the Rockets wasn't even close to the value of the Minnesota one. Why would they do that? Do you think a potential buyer is going to want a crappy team with no CP3 and aging players and no draft picks? That would bring down the value of the franchise and had it even been sold, would have been a huge loss of money.

Now on to the CP3 to Lakers point. Why do you Lakers fans think the NBA is NBA2k15? This isn't a video game. Just because you have good players doesn't mean they will work. Kobe would not work well with a point guard that literally needs the ball to be effective. Chris Paul is a very ball dominant point guard.

In that case, either Chris Paul would have to become an off ball player (useless, and takes away all of his skill of being a captain), or Kobe would have to be an off ball player (a la Ray Allen), but Kobe's ego wouldn't allow that and Kobe is an iso "give me the ball and let me work" player. That's why all the Laker point guards in the triangle when they were successful were guards that could bring the ball up and only distribute and hit 3's when needed. Think Derek Fisher.. Derek Fisher didn't cross people up and make layups or drive and kick. He just passed the ball along the perimeter and made shots when they needed him to.

You need to learn this so that you can move on in your 5 stages of depression

JT123
12-30-2014, 09:31 PM
Now on to the CP3 to Lakers point. Why do you Lakers fans think the NBA is NBA2k15? This isn't a video game. Just because you have good players doesn't mean they will work. Kobe would not work well with a point guard that literally needs the ball to be effective. Chris Paul is a very ball dominant point guard.

In that case, either Chris Paul would have to become an off ball player (useless, and takes away all of his skill of being a captain), or Kobe would have to be an off ball player (a la Ray Allen), but Kobe's ego wouldn't allow that and Kobe is an iso "give me the ball and let me work" player. That's why all the Laker point guards in the triangle when they were successful were guards that could bring the ball up and only distribute and hit 3's when needed. Think Derek Fisher.. Derek Fisher didn't cross people up and make layups or drive and kick. He just passed the ball along the perimeter and made shots when they needed him to.

You need to learn this so that you can move on in your 5 stages of depression
/thread

dab0yech0
12-31-2014, 07:57 AM
Kobe would struggle playing with a ball dominant PG and then since Laker fans always place the blame on anyone not named Kobe, it would've been CP3 to take the fall and he would eventually be traded elsewhere.

GimmeThat
12-31-2014, 08:04 AM
Kobe would struggle playing with a ball dominant PG and then since Laker fans always place the blame on anyone not named Kobe, it would've been CP3 to take the fall and he would eventually be traded elsewhere.

I think it will challenge CP3's ability to draw foul in any quick catch situation.

who, is smart enough to figure it out I'm sure.

sammichoffate
12-31-2014, 01:50 PM
Kobe would struggle playing with a ball dominant PG and then since Laker fans always place the blame on anyone not named Kobe, it would've been CP3 to take the fall and he would eventually be traded elsewhere.What about the Olympic squads? Seemed to do fine there :confusedshrug:

longtime lurker
12-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Assuming the Lakers still trade for Dwight I don't think they win a championship. Dwight doesn't become any less of a bitch and he doesn't all of a sudden want to run the pick and roll. I'd avoid Dwight all together and make the trade they made with the Sixers.

bizil
12-31-2014, 02:21 PM
The Lakers would still be contending for world titles right now. That's simply the bottom line. CP3 would have made the thing work out. Plus Howard would have resigned with the Lakers as well. And Kobe's life would be A HELL OF A LOT EASIER than it is currently.

When u guys say ball dominant, DO U REALIZE most of the great PG's are ball dominant. CP3 is a pass first PG BUT he has alpha dog ability too. So he would make Kobe's life easier in two ways. CP3 would happily allow Kobe to get his. And Kobe is smart enough to know CP3 can help with scoring. With Howard there, Paul would likely be the third leading scorer anyway. Paul would be VERY CONTENT getting 15 points and 10-11 dimes a game.

I truly believe guys with the thought process of CP3, Lebron, Magic, or a Bird can play with anybody and make it work. It's their IQ and the way they see the game. Kobe playing with some of these other PG's who are more score first WOULD BE WAY MORE OF AN ISSUE that a guy like CP3.

dreamwarrior
12-31-2014, 09:09 PM
Both CP3 and D12 would've bolted after playing under Mike Brown. If they stayed and stuck with Dantoni I don't see how CP3 and D12 would have fit under his system. They would've gotten so frustrated and left.

qrich
12-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Paul would be injured and playing golf right now.

fpliii
12-31-2014, 10:41 PM
Fpliii would overrate him even more. :lol

Just kidding, bruuuuhhhh.
:coleman:

:rockon:

wakencdukest
12-31-2014, 11:48 PM

They ended up getting savagely an*l raped anyway. :lol