PDA

View Full Version : Manny Pacquiao Investigates if Arum/Koncz are Blocking the Mayweather Fight

Lebron23
12-31-2014, 12:40 AM
In what appears to be a decision from Manny Pacquiao and his team leader and lawyer, Franklin "Jeng" Gacal they are trying to meet this week with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Gacal representatives indicated to FightHype.com, who wish to obtain evidence showing that Bob Arum and Michael Koncz, Pacquiao's adviser are responsible for the fight not happening.
"We will be in Las Vegas until January 3rd and we want a chance to sit down with Mayweather and Pacquiao, so we can bring the truth and obtain evidence on whether it is true that Arum and Koncz have been blocking the fight" stated the representative to FightHype.com, portal.

http://www.mrboxingpr.com/noticias/-pacquiao-investigando-si-es-cierto-que-su-asesor-y-arum-estan-impidiendo-pelea-ante-mayweather

https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6099e9Jzw1rqkpceo1_500.gif

Vragrant
12-31-2014, 05:43 PM
I see no reason why Arum would block the fight at this point. Maybe a couple of years ago, so he could rotate Top Rank fighters to fight eachother maximizing his bottomline.

Now? He knows Floyd is retiring and the biggest money fight ever looming. Also with the possibility of a rematch should Manny win, youre looking at Floyd/Manny 2 for Floyds' supposed last fight.

Sure he might not want May 2 if he's copromoting with Cotto and the Canelo fight is made for that date. Otherwise I still don't understand why Arum would block the fight at this point.

Also, I'd have to see this reported on another site. Fighthype is a notorious pro Floyd Mayweather site (its the only site he does interview with). Theres' a reason its nicknamed "Floydhype"

gts
12-31-2014, 10:21 PM
I thought Gacal had a near fatal stoke and was out of the picture for the most part other than advising in the phillipines?

Draz
12-31-2014, 11:59 PM
Why don't they do this shut public on live tv to make the deal? See who's actually pussing out

I<3NBA
01-02-2015, 04:30 PM
i actually watched a video where Arum was talking about how the date Floyd wanted to fight Pac was a disrespect to Mexicans (May 2 or whatever) because it was a Mexican holiday or some shit, and i was like, fk Arum still wants to milk Pacquiao and doesn't want him to fight Floyd.

at this point, i've totally given up on this fight happening. after all, we've already accepted the fact that one of NBA's biggest match up will never happen (Kobe vs Lebron in Finals), so what's one more tragedy?

mehyaM24
01-02-2015, 04:53 PM
if floyd isn't interested in fighting pacman, then he should accept kahns challange - he simply cant duck from both fighters though.

i would like to see him take on both. its one of those situations where once the chance is gone its gone for good - and we're left with everyone debating 'who would have beaten who' diatribes.