PDA

View Full Version : Kobe has 2 triple doubles in his 19th NBA season

ImKobe
12-31-2014, 01:58 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/lakers/sites/default/files/styles/main_gallery_photo__480_tall/public/460923756_10.jpg

Lebron James had one in all of last season

appreciate the greatness.

video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XproqMziqH8

9erempiree
12-31-2014, 02:08 AM
We just really have to appreciate his greatness.

pethuel03
12-31-2014, 02:15 AM
And kobe raped 1 girl in colorado.

Lebron didn't.

ImKobe
12-31-2014, 02:17 AM
And kobe raped 1 girl in colorado.

Lebron didn't.

Another statistic that Kobe dwarfs Lebron in :bowdown:

pauk
12-31-2014, 02:56 AM
:applause:

T_L_P
12-31-2014, 02:57 AM
This is not a reflection of Kobe, but I've always felt the triple-double machines were the ones who almost guaranteed the least success (Oscar, Kidd, Wilt and LeBron to an extent).

I guess Magic is the exception though.

oarabbus
12-31-2014, 03:05 AM
I bet Kobe would trade both of those trip dubs and another 10% FG for a winning record

DaRkJaWs
12-31-2014, 03:18 AM
[QUOTE=T_L_P]This is not a reflection of Kobe, but I've always felt the triple-double machines were the ones who almost guaranteed the least success (Oscar, Kidd, Wilt and LeBron to an extent).

I guess Magic is the exception though.[/QUOTE
Lebron to an extent? Tell me, kid, how was wilt a greater failure than lebron? No narratives, just list the facts.

jstern
12-31-2014, 03:40 AM
I bet Kobe would trade both of those trip dubs and another 10% FG for a winning record
That's like saying, "I would trade my 19" SD television, for a 67" 4k television." :lol

Solefade
12-31-2014, 03:48 AM
almost got a quadruple double too

dubnation
12-31-2014, 04:39 AM
This is not a reflection of Kobe, but I've always felt the triple-double machines were the ones who almost guaranteed the least success (Oscar, Kidd, Wilt and LeBron to an extent).

What does that even mean?

Done_And_Done
12-31-2014, 04:59 AM
Impressive

KungFuJoe
12-31-2014, 05:21 AM
Very impressive. He played great tonight.

aj1987
12-31-2014, 05:25 AM

Jordan, Hondo, and Bird are the exceptions as well? Bird and Hondo have more than LeBron, BTW. Dumbass.

pastis
12-31-2014, 06:06 AM
i watched it.

what i dont understand: kobe looks nice and fresh one game and the other (despite the fact of 2-3 days rest) he looks exhausted.

sadly lakers are 8 games behind a playoff spot, cant really believe that they could be dangerous for phoenix, new orleans or OKC

great game by kobe

AirFederer
12-31-2014, 06:37 AM
Very near a QD with 9 TO's also :eek: :eek: :eek:

But I much prefer this version of Kobe. He made some really great plays and it is fantastic for the team spirit when he plays like this (at least it looks like it from the outside). Hope he continues this and cuts off his TO's :applause:

Top Gun
12-31-2014, 07:05 AM
Because nobody else stat stuffs against weak teams.

Doranku
12-31-2014, 07:49 AM
Yeah the Raptors suck.

GimmeThat
12-31-2014, 07:54 AM
What does that even mean?

that whoopi goldberg is kareem abdul jabbar in disguise

ImKobe
12-31-2014, 08:20 AM

let's see how many NBA players have a 20+ point triple double and a 30+ point triple double in their 19th nba season, one coming against the best team in the East.

I'll wait...

ILLsmak
12-31-2014, 09:35 AM
almost got a quadruple double too

yea not even hating but when Kobe gets a triple double I have to see the stats. It's like oh... 6/11 notbad... (still readiing) lol 9 TOs.

-Smak

ImKobe
12-31-2014, 09:52 AM
yea not even hating but when Kobe gets a triple double I have to see the stats. It's like oh... 6/11 notbad... (still readiing) lol 9 TOs.

-Smak

still a great game...and he had 2 TOs to 12 ast in the triple double vs the raptors (OT game, too).

HOoopCityJones
12-31-2014, 10:06 AM
Lebron is averaging like 7 turnovers every other game, you ****s go silent about that.

19th season vs prime LBJ turnovers.

I'll take the old fart. Those type of turnovers coming from a Top 5 player in the league is unacceptable.

Psileas
12-31-2014, 10:10 AM

On the contrary, triple doubles in general have shown to be more connected with wins than any other type of comparably impressive stat (40 point games, 20 rebound games, etc). None of the players you mentioned guaranteed the least success given the teams they played for. Oscar's teams were garbage without him. Kidd typically boosted his teams' winning percentage. LeBron? Tell me of one single season when his former team did well without him. Wilt? Dude won 68 and 62 games in the 2 seasons he was a real triple double machine.
And then, what about Magic? Bird? Frazier? Havlicek?

HOoopCityJones
12-31-2014, 10:13 AM
On the contrary, triple doubles in general have shown to be more connected with wins than any other type of comparably impressive stat (40 point games, 20 rebound games, etc). None of the players you mentioned guaranteed the least success given the teams they played for. Oscar's teams were garbage without him. Kidd typically boosted his teams' winning percentage. LeBron? Tell me of one single season when his former team did well without him. Wilt? Dude won 68 and 62 games in the 2 seasons he was a real triple double machine.

He's downplaying Triple doubles because Tim Duncan only has three more triple doubles than Kobe. :lol

LAZERUSS
12-31-2014, 10:19 AM

Bill Simmons claims that Wilt was a "selfish stats-padder" in the season in which he led the NBA in assists (while scoring 24 ppg, grabbing 24 rpg, and shooting .595 from the floor.) The "selfish statspadder" led his team to a runaway best record in the league.

Psileas
12-31-2014, 10:48 AM
Bill Simmons claims that Wilt was a "selfish stats-padder" in the season in which he led the NBA in assists (while scoring 24 ppg, grabbing 24 rpg, and shooting .595 from the floor.) The "selfish statspadder" led his team to a runaway best record in the league.

Isn't it funny how Wilt only averaged 0.8 apg less in the previous postseason, when he hadn't set this specific goal and won the title after having "padded his way" to 8 triple doubles in 1 postseason alone?
One thing that hasn't ever been made clear is the point during which Wilt decided he'd lead the league in assists. Was this a consciencious thought made by him very early on in that season? Or was this something that he decided after Oscar went down due to injury early on and Rodgers started being given limited minutes of play, giving Wilt an early lead? Because it certainly doesn't sound as if he played much more differently that season compared to his previous one. If anything, at one point, as you know, he had his mind fixed more on scoring and his assists seemed they wouldn't even match his '67 figures.

ImKobe
12-31-2014, 10:54 AM
Wilt stans :kobe:

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5450f0c469beddc803b33573/kobe%20bryant%20calls%20dwight%20howard%20soft%20g if.gif

riseagainst
12-31-2014, 11:01 AM
That's like saying, "I would trade my 19" SD television, for a 67" 4k television." :lol

you wouldn't?

VeeCee15
12-31-2014, 06:59 PM
10-22
No finals appearance
No Western Conference finals
No MVP
No Playoffs

Highlight of lakers season: Kobe Bryant had 2 triple doubles (almost 2 quadruple doubles counting turnovers)