PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler = MIP

bail
12-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Most improved player for this season. Agree?

Richesly
12-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Hands down.

Kyle Korver for Jimmy Butler.

Velocirap31
12-31-2014, 12:15 PM
I don't even think it's debatable. I've never seen a player become a superstar over one summer.

K Xerxes
12-31-2014, 12:18 PM
I don't even think it's debatable. I've never seen a player become a superstar over one summer.

He's not a superstar yet. We need to see offensive consistency (just 8 points last game after a dominant stretch) and this continue in the playoffs. Defensively, he's there.

He's a star and his improvement is unreal, but we need to see more before giving him the superstar label.

beastee
12-31-2014, 12:46 PM
He's not a superstar yet. We need to see offensive consistency (just 8 points last game after a dominant stretch) and this continue in the playoffs. Defensively, he's there.

He's a star and his improvement is unreal, but we need to see more before giving him the superstar label.
Agreed. There are what...3-4 superstars in this league?
An All-star level player...no doubt, but that word superstar gets thrown around waaaaay too much.

K Xerxes
12-31-2014, 12:49 PM
An All-star level player...no doubt, but that word superstar gets thrown around waaaaay too much.

I'd still stick with two (Durant and LeBron). Soon to be three with Davis. Westbrook is borderline.

beastee
12-31-2014, 12:51 PM
I'd still stick with two (Durant and LeBron). Soon to be three with Davis. Westbrook is borderline.
Those were actually my 4. WB is definitely a little inconsistent to be a lock, but Davis is there imo.

Mass Debator
12-31-2014, 01:26 PM
Kyle Lowry is my sleeper pick but yeah it definitely looks like JB is gonna take it.

triangleoffense
12-31-2014, 01:33 PM
This is what happens when star players actually stay with a single great coach and learn all they can from him. Jordan only had 2 coaches his entire career, both of them great and he learned all he could from every one of them and grew as a player because of it.

I don't see how players like Shaq and Lebron can alternate coaches so easily... it's like switching girlfriends right after telling her your darkiest secrets... the time it would take to tell those secrets again and have ANOTHER person accept you for them would defeat the purpose.

It's like what would you rather have in the long run, a ton on slutty hookups or a few great girlfriends/wives

Roundball_Rock
12-31-2014, 01:47 PM
This is what happens when star players actually stay with a single great coach and learn all they can from him. Jordan only had 2 coaches his entire career, both of them great and he learned all he could from every one of them and grew as a player because of it.

MJ had 4 coaches. He credited Kevin Loughery, the coach during his rookie year, for making him the player he became.

Demitri98
12-31-2014, 01:57 PM
CP3 if we're looking at it from sheer basketball ability. Hasn't shown much for it though.

dunksby
12-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Durant, LeBron and Kobe for vast fame and popularity throughout the world, if almost anyone who plays BBall or follows it knows your name you are a superstar.

hateraid
12-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Wroten with an outside chance!