PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler is Paul George

JohnnySic
12-31-2014, 12:46 PM
In other words, he's a nice player. He's not a superstar. You guys are driving the latest flavor of the month into the ground. Knock it off.

That is all.

beastee
12-31-2014, 12:48 PM
He is better than Paul George due to efficiency. But he is not a superstar.

dontgetchoked
12-31-2014, 12:56 PM
He is better than Paul George due to efficiency. But he is not a superstar.
He isn't Paul George and no one called him a superstar

Jlamb47
12-31-2014, 01:01 PM
Paul George was more of a star due to his style of play IMO but thats just media wise. I think Paul George in Bulls system would be nicer, i think his efficiency would be just as nice. He was the number 1 option and focus of Indiana and Butler and Gasol and Rose. Make Butler #1 option on indiana and his efficiency drops

Nowitness
12-31-2014, 01:04 PM
Obviously I've never seen Paul George play due to his injury this year but he was a Super Star. Best player on a team that made the WCF with their second option rebounding like he had toes for fingers.

Butler is another scrub putting up empty stats like AD, Love and Bean.

hitmanyr2k
12-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Paul George was more of a star due to his style of play IMO but thats just media wise. I think Paul George in Bulls system would be nicer, i think his efficiency would be just as nice. He was the number 1 option and focus of Indiana and Butler and Gasol and Rose. Make Butler #1 option on indiana and his efficiency drops

That's still a crap excuse for George's shot selection. He's a lazy offensive player that jacked up mostly threes and long twos by choice. Nothing was stopping him from slashing, developing his mid-range game or having some semblance of a post game. It was no surprise when he fell off last year when the jumpers stopped falling and he had nothing left in his arsenal to fall back on. Until I see him utilize those parts of his offensive game more often he's no more of a star than Butler no matter what system he's in.

Jlamb47
12-31-2014, 01:14 PM
That's still a crap excuse for George's shot selection. He's a lazy offensive player that jacked up mostly threes and long twos by choice. Nothing was stopping him from slashing, developing his mid-range game or having some semblance of a post game. It was no surprise when he fell off last year when the jumpers stopped falling and he had nothing left in his arsenal to fall back on. Until I see him utilize those parts of his offensive game more often he's no more of a star than Butler no matter what system he's in.

His shot selections arnt the best, but when you have players like Rose and Gasol it takes alot of pressure off your shoulders. George has players who cant create for themselves and that causes you to do more on offense. Butler gets alot of open shots and easy cuts cuz Rose. George gets more focus from the defense.

Myth
12-31-2014, 01:21 PM
I wasn't aware people were calling him a superstar. I thought it was widely accepted that he is a solid all-star. Not a LeBron/Durant guy, but not a borderline all-star either.

dontgetchoked
12-31-2014, 01:30 PM
His shot selections arnt the best, but when you have players like Rose and Gasol it takes alot of pressure off your shoulders. George has players who cant create for themselves and that causes you to do more on offense. Butler gets alot of open shots and easy cuts cuz Rose. George gets more focus from the defense.
Butler plays just as well without rose. He also doesnt get easier shots because rose's 3 has been ****ing awful this season and defenders sag way off and let him shoot it. Butler has a fantastic post game for a guard (which paul george doesn't have) and he's too strong for most guards to check him down there. His Shot selection is better than paul george's. he is a great finisher, and few can stop him from getting to the rim.

eeeeeebro
12-31-2014, 01:38 PM
Jimmy butler is player of the week durring this post which means currently right now you all are morons

Roundball_Rock
12-31-2014, 01:42 PM
I wasn't aware people were calling him a superstar. I thought it was widely accepted that he is a solid all-star. Not a LeBron/Durant guy, but not a borderline all-star either.

Exactly. He is a top 10 player right now with the potential to improve again next year, like he has every year of his career thus far. As a couple posters have noted, Butler's game is a lot more diverse and efficient than George's. The only similarity between them is their raw numbers, but Butler is on a team with two other major offensive threats and two rebounding machines so those things deflate his numbers a bit.

guy
12-31-2014, 01:48 PM
Butler's not a superstar. Neither is/was Paul George though.

Either way, even ignoring PG's injury, I'd rather have Butler. He's way more humble and not full of himself. I think that's a big reason he's more efficient.

I just remember when PG said something along the lines "we're not a one-man team" in response to his teammates having a great game while he was going through his great start last year. As if people really thought he was that dominate and carrying his team like superstars in the past had done. Or talking about "we have arrived" when they hadn't done anything. Not to mention all off-court TMZ shenanigans he was involved in (of course to be fair, maybe Butler just hasn't gotten caught, who knows.)

Talent-wise they are similar, but Jimmy just seems to have a much better head on his shoulders. I also don't remember PG playing this clutch down the stretch of games like Butler has.

Butler has literally been the best player on a team with a former MVP, DPOY and all-NBA first team center, and future HOFer and 2nd best player of 2 championship teams. Of course, that doesn't tell the whole story i.e. injuries, aging, etc. But with that said, that's still an incredibly impressive statement he can make.

eeeeeebro
12-31-2014, 01:48 PM
butler drives to the rim as fast as rose and he has a post up game. HE manages to go to the foul line alot. and he has 3 games over 30 points recently.

eeeeeebro
12-31-2014, 01:49 PM
Name 1 Shooting guard that a team would not trade for jimmy right now.

Jlamb47
12-31-2014, 02:29 PM
Name 1 Shooting guard that a team would not trade for jimmy right now.

rockets
golden state

Springsteen
12-31-2014, 02:46 PM
rockets
golden state

Rockets would definitely trade for Butler if a good opportunity arose... they jump at a chance for any above-average offensive player in the league.

dontgetchoked
12-31-2014, 02:49 PM
rockets
golden state
number 3 aint bad doe (can argue hes better than klay but i wont go there)

dontgetchoked
12-31-2014, 02:50 PM
Rockets would definitely trade for Butler if a good opportunity arose... they jump at a chance for any player in the league.
fixt that for ya :lol

Jlamb47
12-31-2014, 03:30 PM
Rockets would definitely trade for Butler if a good opportunity arose... they jump at a chance for any above-average offensive player in the league.

Im saying they wouldnt trade Harden for Butler. Harden a top 5 players this year.
Butler is probably top 3 SG in the NBA