PDA

View Full Version : Spoelstra is being exposed

Human Error
12-31-2014, 09:16 PM
This indecisive retard Spobot is finally being exposed. I've been saying that he's not a great coach, but the general consensus here has been that he's one of the greatest coaches in the world, which was so frustrating and disturbing.

He changes the lineup all the time, yesterday's starter is getting DNP'ed for no reason today. If one player is important enough to be starting, he should at least in the rotation, right? He never knows what to do with the guys that he has and he didn't even have his rotation by the time the team advanced to the Finals which is crazy. He puts a defensive stopper into the game when the team can't find the basket and to his eyes, the game is only played on one end - defensive end. When the team scored only 80 points, he says that they lost due to lack of energy on the defensive end. It's not like that he's like Thibo who knows how to run a proper defensive plays. All Spo stresses is just ourwork or outrun the opponents.

I'm so tired of listening to this crown justifying his retarded lineup changes and idiotic substitution patterns. Damn.

eeeeeebro
12-31-2014, 09:23 PM
This exposes phil jackson as well cause from what i know he only won with the best player in Basketball every year he won.

JT123
12-31-2014, 09:29 PM
Truth. Only difference between Spo and Scott Brooks is that Spo has 2 rings due to being awarded the best player in the world. Now that the best player in the world is gone his team is in danger of missing the playoffs and is getting blown out on a near nightly basis. :lol

JebronLames
12-31-2014, 09:29 PM
Not his fault. Bron left.

keep-itreal
12-31-2014, 09:35 PM
I've watched the Heat games pre-Lebron and I always thought he was a terrible coach.

Human Error
12-31-2014, 09:38 PM
I've watched the Heat games pre-Lebron and I always thought he was a terrible coach.
You're a smart dude.

JT123
12-31-2014, 09:42 PM
To be fair though the Heat don't have a lot of talent outside of Bosh and an aging Wade. The majority of the blame belongs to Pat Riley for not doing anything in the offseason the address Miami's several weaknesses. Dude is such an overrated GM, all he does is sign washed up 3 point shooters.

Pushxx
12-31-2014, 10:09 PM
This indecisive retard Spobot is finally being exposed. I've been saying that he's not a great coach, but the general consensus here has been that he's one of the greatest coaches in the world, which was so frustrating and disturbing.

:biggums: That's not remotely true. People been shitting on Spo forever.

Done_And_Done
01-01-2015, 11:57 AM
To be fair though the Heat don't have a lot of talent outside of Bosh and an aging Wade. The majority of the blame belongs to Pat Riley for not doing anything in the offseason the address Miami's several weaknesses. Dude is such an overrated GM, all he does is sign washed up 3 point shooters.

Doesn't excuse him but I think Pat invested too much faith in LeBron signing that it stifled his entire off season. Instead of hitting the phones in search of other assets, I got the impression that he was just waiting on James to make up his mind. Meanwhile other GM's were plucking away all the useful players that were available. This team has been dying for an adequate rim protector for years and he still hasn't plugged that hole.

On another note - I might be in the minority but Miami still feels like a team who can cause some damage in the playoffs to me.

Dresta
01-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Spoelstra has attempted to solve Miami's problem of lacking of a serviceable pg, by playing two useless pgs at the same time, in key moments of the game.

jrong
01-01-2015, 03:45 PM
This season is turning into a nightmare, and it's hard to figure out why. There IS a team here, with the return of Bosh, the emergence of Whiteside, and the rebirth of Granger, who at this point I would rather have shooting than Wade.

They're not playing small ball as much with the insertion of Birdman into the starting line-up and Whiteside getting significant minutes.

The only spot that badly needs to be upgraded is PG. On that note, can someone explain to me why the Cavs got a 5 M disabled player exception for Varejao, and the Heat only got 2.5 for McRoberts? Is that because of the players' salaries? Because they do desperately need to get a point guard, and I don't think 2.5 M is gonna get one.

What the Heat need is for Wade to play 38 minutes, but then he'll end up playing 38 games. So basically they need pre-2012 Wade, and he's not coming back. They're so reliant on him, but he can't dominate a whole game consistently anymore. He needs more margin for error, but the Heat inevitably let teams back into games and then depend on Wade to deliver the win, but by that time he's spent.

However, this team on paper is still so much better than either the 2009 or 2010 squad, so there is hope, but then again those teams had prime Wade.

Maybe the Cavs will miss the playoffs too. That's about the only thing that would redeem the year at this point.

Not his fault. Bron left.

Yeah because James is really tearing up the league right now.

Mr. Jabbar
01-01-2015, 03:47 PM
all he does is sign washed up 3 point shooters.

:oldlol:

JT123
01-01-2015, 03:59 PM
It's true. His team suffers the worst beat down in Finals history, and instead of going after a legit big man and rim protector, Riley tries to lure Lebron back with the blockbuster signings of Danny Granger and Josh McRoberts. :roll:

GimmeThat
01-01-2015, 04:04 PM
he probably doesn't enjoy figuring out only one or two plays, in which gives his offense an edge an opportunity.

but something consistent.

which may leave one to being exposed.

don't know.

jrong
01-01-2015, 04:23 PM
It's true. His team suffers the worst beat down in Finals history, and instead of going after a legit big man and rim protector, Riley tries to lure Lebron back with the blockbuster signings of Danny Granger and Josh McRoberts. :roll:

Granger is balling right now. He's been reborn. And we never got to see what McRoberts could do because he was on a tight minutes restriction even when he was playing.

The Heat do have a nucleus, and Spo isn't running Bosh as the only big anymore. And Birdman/ Whiteside are at least a serviceable center combo.

If it was the beginning of the year, I'd say the team just needs time to gel, but the problem is 40 percent of the season is over already, and the Heat are barely holding on to the #8 seed ahead of the Celtics and Magic, and they have a nasty upcoming schedule.

Spo deserves some blame, but not all. Riley gets some for not remedying the PG situation. And even though he's their best player, some of this falls on Wade for not making enough concessions to his age and thinking he can play like it's four years ago.

BasedTom
01-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Granger is balling right now. He's been reborn. And we never got to see what McRoberts could do because he was on a tight minutes restriction even when he was playing.

The Heat do have a nucleus, and Spo isn't running Bosh as the only big anymore. And Birdman/ Whiteside are at least a serviceable center combo.

If it was the beginning of the year, I'd say the team just needs time to gel, but the problem is 40 percent of the season is over already, and the Heat are barely holding on to the #8 seed ahead of the Celtics and Magic, and they have a nasty upcoming schedule.

Spo deserves some blame, but not all. Riley gets some for not remedying the PG situation. And even though he's their best player, some of this falls on Wade for not making enough concessions to his age and thinking he can play like it's four years ago.
Because we really need to have Chalmers and Cole out there throwing bricks up and getting blown by in the 4th instead

:biggums:

Doctor Rivers
01-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Spo don't care

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1032578/thumbs/o-ERIK-SPOELSTRA-GIRLFRIEND-NIKKI-SAPP-HEAT-DANCER-facebook.jpg

Roundball_Rock
01-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Truth. Only difference between Spo and Scott Brooks is that Spo has 2 rings due to being awarded the best player in the world. Now that the best player in the world is gone his team is in danger of missing the playoffs and is getting blown out on a near nightly basis. :lol

"Most stacked team of all-time" though! :roll: How can a team with 2 superstars and 3 all-stars be this bad?

jrong
01-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Because we really need to have Chalmers and Cole out there throwing bricks up and getting blown by in the 4th instead

I'm not saying he shouldn't be the go-to guy. But, he has to be smarter. "Christmas MVP" not withstanding, he played like ass in the second half of the Cavs game, the only recent victory. He got hyped off his put-back dunk in the first half and so, on one play, tried to do a side tomahawk when he had an easy reverse lay-up. The team saved him in that game.

And against the Magic, he scored 15 in the 4th, heard the MVP chants, and then went 0-3 in the last 2 minutes. The open runner in the lane should have been automatic and then he throws up two hero-ball contested jumpers after that. Especially on the last play, why not drive and kick to Granger or Bosh, both of whom are better jumpshooters or at least drive and try to get fouled like Oladipo did.

It's a tough situation because, on one hand, the run he went on in the fourth was the only reason they were in position to win that game. But, on the other, he turned around and lost it for them at the end.

What I'm saying is he needs to use better judgment.

How can a team with 2 superstars and 3 all-stars be this bad?

Why are the Cavs as bad as they are? Love and Irving were considered superstars before this year. Marion is a former all-star. And LeBron is the so-called best player in the league and considered to be a GOAT candidate.

gilalizard
01-01-2015, 05:28 PM

He changes the lineup all the time, yesterday's starter is getting DNP'ed for no reason today. If one player is important enough to be starting, he should at least in the rotation, right? He never knows what to do with the guys that he has and he didn't even have his rotation by the time the team advanced to the Finals which is crazy. He puts a defensive stopper into the game when the team can't find the basket and to his eyes, the game is only played on one end - defensive end. When the team scored only 80 points, he says that they lost due to lack of energy on the defensive end. It's not like that he's like Thibo who knows how to run a proper defensive plays. All Spo stresses is just ourwork or outrun the opponents.

I'm so tired of listening to this crown justifying his retarded lineup changes and idiotic substitution patterns. Damn.

Was anyone ever claiming he was a great coach?

It's not exactly hard to win a lot with a historically stacked team like he had. That seemed to pretty much be the consensus amongst rational people. Prime LeFlop, dwhistle and Bosh with solid cast of roleplayers in the current era? All the ref help LeFlop and dwhistle get? Weak-ass Eastern Conference? That's an instant favorite to win it all every year. Not doing so is a pretty significant fumbling of a shamelessly stacked team and circumstances.

Kiddlovesnets
01-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Worst coach to ever win an NBA title, by far.
:rolleyes:

BasedTom
01-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Worst coach to ever win an NBA title, by far.
Jacque Vaughn? Scott Brooks?

konex
01-01-2015, 06:06 PM
He has 2 rings and 4 Finals appearances and will be in the HOF :roll:

JT123
01-01-2015, 06:13 PM
I'm not saying he shouldn't be the go-to guy. But, he has to be smarter. "Christmas MVP" not withstanding, he played like ass in the second half of the Cavs game, the only recent victory. He got hyped off his put-back dunk in the first half and so, on one play, tried to do a side tomahawk when he had an easy reverse lay-up. The team saved him in that game.

And against the Magic, he scored 15 in the 4th, heard the MVP chants, and then went 0-3 in the last 2 minutes. The open runner in the lane should have been automatic and then he throws up two hero-ball contested jumpers after that. Especially on the last play, why not drive and kick to Granger or Bosh, both of whom are better jumpshooters or at least drive and try to get fouled like Oladipo did.

It's a tough situation because, on one hand, the run he went on in the fourth was the only reason they were in position to win that game. But, on the other, he turned around and lost it for them at the end.

What I'm saying is he needs to use better judgment.

Why are the Cavs as bad as they are? Love and Irving were considered superstars before this year. Marion is a former all-star. And LeBron is the so-called best player in the league and considered to be a GOAT candidate.
Because passing the ball in the final 2 minutes is beta. It's all about having the "guts" to take the contested fade away while being double teamed. :lol
But seriously, I think you are the first Heat fan on this board to ever hold Wade accountable for his mistakes in the clutch. :applause:

Kiddlovesnets
01-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Jacque Vaughn? Scott Brooks?

But they did not win an NBA title, did they? I doubt they ever will.

Bigsmoke
01-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Super impressive resume tho

http://www.basketball-reference.com/coaches/spoeler99c.html

Roundball_Rock
01-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Jrong, how do you think "superstars" Love and Irving will do without LeBron for the next 2 weeks? Can they get above 0.400, something "superstars" Wade, Bosh and all-star Deng impressively managed to achieve?

SamuraiSWISH
01-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Jrong, how do you think "superstars" Love and Irving will do without LeBron for the next 2 weeks? Can they get above 0.400, something "superstars" Wade, Bosh and all-star Deng impressively managed to achieve?
You claim to be a Bulls fan, and want to act like Deng is a perennial all star caliber player? Talk about agenda.

As for the rest of Miami, Wade is clearly past his prime, doing as much heavy lifting as he really can at this point. Bosh past his prime as well. They're not terrible all things considering.

JT123
01-01-2015, 10:12 PM
You claim to be a Bulls fan, and want to act like Deng is a perennial all star caliber player? Talk about agenda.

As for the rest of Miami, Wade is clearly past his prime, doing as much heavy lifting as he really can at this point. Bosh past his prime as well. They're not terrible all things considering.
:oldlol: You are so full of shit. Right after the Finals you went on and on about how Wade and Bosh were still top tier players in the league that were forced to sacrifice their games for Lebron. Pretty sure you were also one of those clowns who claimed the Heat would win 55 games this year, but now that we see how much the Heat suck without Lebron Wade and Bosh are suddenly "old" :rolleyes:
How convenient that they just happen to get old as soon as Lebron leaves. This is why I can never take you seriously as a poster. You've spent the last 4 years claiming the Heat were historically stacked, and now that they have lost ONE player you claim there is no shame in the fact that they are struggling to hold onto the 8th seed in an all time weak conference. :sleeping

Roundball_Rock
01-01-2015, 10:20 PM
:oldlol: You are so full of shit. Right after the Finals you went on and on about how Wade and Bosh were still top tier players in the league that were forced to sacrifice their games for Lebron. Pretty sure you were also one of those clowns who claimed the Heat would win 55 games this year, but now that we see how much the Heat suck without Lebron Wade and Bosh are suddenly "old" :rolleyes:
How convenient that they just happen to get old as soon as Lebron leaves. This is why I can never take you seriously as a poster. You've spent the last 4 years claiming the Heat were historically stacked, and now that they have lost ONE player you claim there is no shame in the fact that they are struggling to hold onto the 8th seed in an all time weak conference. :sleeping

:oldlol: Exactly. Wade and Bosh were referred to as superstars just a few months ago...SS was one of the biggest proponents of this--and the 55 wins claim was from the assumption that the 15' Heat would=the 94' Bulls (who had 1 superstar, not 2). If the Bulls could stay afloat without the GOAT the assumption among many was surely the Heat would do so after losing a player inferior to the GOAT and getting a legitimate replacement for LeBron, something the Bulls failed to do for MJ.

Deng is what he is: a good, but not great player. Imagine, though, how bad the Heat would be if they did not get a guy like Deng to replace LeBron. Imagine if, say, they had to use a D-Leaguer as their starting SF...The fact is Deng was an all-star in two of the previous three seasons and was the best available SF to replace LeBron. With two superstars and a third all-star, and a championship pedigree the Heat should not plummet from the Finals to barely holding off Boston and Orlando for 8th place simply because they lost one player--if the claims made about how stacked the Heat were when LeBron was there were indeed accurate.

Face it, LeBron is a GOAT-caliber player and is the difference between 54-58 wins and the Finals and 35-40 wins and 7th-9th in the East.

navy
01-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Spolestra isnt bad, he's just crazy stubborn and has bad rotations.

He was nothing special when Wade was in his prime, but to his credit those where some horrible teams. Udonis Haslem was the next best play other years a rookie and sophomore Beasly. That's the price you pay for trying to keep cap space open.

In 2011, he got talent, but he really didnt use it. Just called isos, and post ups, and ran other basic sets. Like a Mark Jackson, or current David Blatt. I think alot of coaches go through this phase. Spolestra clearly isnt that bad anymore and I think this is the version everyone remembers.

In 2012, he began mixing it up and discovered small lineups and defensive pressure from the Heats Big 3. Worked to perfection. Made Scott Brooks look foolish in the Finals.

In 2013, he used those schemes up to their peak. And we saw it in the Heat's 27 game win streak. Crazy comebacks from unstoppable defensive pressure and great spacing and offensive sets making the Heat efficiency skyrocket to historic levels. Playoffs hit and the heat ran into Wade's ailing knee and the two things that counter Spolestra. Skilled Big lineups and ball movement to escape the Heat trap. Still pulled through.

2014, Spolestra still running the same shit he ran in 2013 and thinks that playing harder will make it work. His defense clearly wasnt as effective anymore and the small ball reached lows with Lebron and Bosh rebounds both falling immensly. Heat tried to get Greg Oden to address it, but he couldnt stay in the court. Finals appear and Pop destroyed him. He couldnt adjust. His defense had been figured out and the Spurs looked unstoppable.

2015, hits and at the beginning he thought he could run the same defense. Fails miserably again. But now the Heat have Hassan Whiteside so they can stay big with Birdman as well. So Spolestra at least needs time to incorporate him. He still cant seem to figure out that Chalmers and Cole arent going to get it done on a nightly basis, but that is a personal issue and need be they can be traded/cut.

I think he's earned at least some respect. There are much worse coaches. Not in the Pop/Carlise tier. But certainly no scrub coach.

T_L_P
01-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Honestly, Spo proved he was more than just a bad coach when he won 43 (may have been 42) games with that piss poor 09 roster.

Injured Marion, Mario Chalmers and maybe rookie Beasley were his only solid players (throw Haslem in there if you want, I never thought he was any good).

Peak Wade is an unbelievable pressure reliever, but Spo was the one working with that 2-12.

And he put up with LeBron's South Beach shenanigans.

HylianNightmare
01-01-2015, 11:43 PM
I thought he'd have this team playng a little better. Kinda disappointed but if bosh can stay healthy they could slide up

MiseryCityTexas
01-02-2015, 01:00 AM
Everyone at Insidehoops already knew that Eric was a shitty coach even during the Lebron era.

nashwade
01-02-2015, 01:02 AM
Pop can't win without greats either

MiseryCityTexas
01-02-2015, 01:40 AM

Yeah but at least he can win a regular season game with Tiago Splitter and Boris Diaw being the best players on the team while everyone else rests.

oarabbus
01-02-2015, 03:00 AM

What coach won without greats? Barely any :kobe:

GoSpursGo1984
01-02-2015, 03:36 AM
He has 2 rings and 4 Finals appearances and will be in the HOF :roll:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130404145400/glee/images/4/41/You're-not-just-wrong-you're-stupid.gif

keep-itreal
01-02-2015, 03:41 AM
What Riley needs to do is

1. Fire Spoelstra
2. Trade Wade
3. Get a good coach
4. Get a good Shooting Guard
5. Get Lamarcus Cousins

Cousins/Bosh would be deadly

navy
01-02-2015, 03:41 AM

1. Fire Spoelstra
2. Trade Wade
3. Get a good coach
5. Get Lamarcus Cousins

jrong
01-02-2015, 03:48 AM

The Cavs suck with or without LeBron. Refresh my memory, he was on court for the blowout home losses to the Hawks and (gulp) the Pistons, and got outplayed by Wade, whose superstar status you mock, and, hell, even moreso by Deng on Christmas, yes?

And they were on their way to losing to the Magic until he deactivated "chill mode" because he got accused of flopping. What other "GOAT candidate" has even ever operated in chill mode? The very fact that LeBron ever operates in one disqualifies him from being in that category.

Going by performance thus far, LeBron isn't even a top 5 player this year. He's realizing just how much it helped him to play with somebody who has the shot-making, defense-drawing, and facilitating abilities of Wade whenever he was on court and healthy, even though that became less and less frequent.

You think it's a fluke that his shooting has dropped from 55+% where it was the last two years to below 50%? Nah, that's cause he's not on the Heat anymore.

SamuraiSWISH
01-02-2015, 04:02 AM
You think it's a fluke that his shooting has dropped from 55+% where it was the last two years to below 50%? Nah, that's cause he's not on the Heat anymore.
Bingo. No Wade, and his slashing ability, finishing ability, off the ball pressure, or even fascilitating ability ... let alone the defensive pressure those two provided to ensure quality, and easy fast break baskets to pad FG% for days.

jrong
01-02-2015, 04:04 AM

1. Fire Spoelstra
2. Trade Wade
3. Get a good coach
5. Get Lamarcus Cousins

Actually, he should trade Bosh, but nobody would want that contract now, which is gonna absolutely kill the Heat in a few years. He and Wade are not in sync and affect each other's rhythm. Hindsight is 20/20, but if you knew Wade could still throw up 23/6, you let him walk, keep the 120 M in your pocket and get 3 players instead of one. Even if Wade goes out, you're no worse off than you are if it happens now because of your depth. And most importantly, you're not on the hook to pay Bosh over 20 M+ for 3 years past 2016.

Riley is a home run hitter (Shaq, Payton/Walker/Williams/Posey trade, signing James/Bosh), but if he doesn't knock it out of the park, he completely whiffs on everything on else.

aj1987
01-02-2015, 04:35 AM

1. Fire Spoelstra
2. Trade Wade
3. Get a good coach
5. Get Lamarcus Cousins

Wade is putting up 23/4/6 on 51%.

keep-itreal
01-02-2015, 04:41 AM

Wade is putting up 23/4/6 on 51%.

He's injury prone and on the decline

aj1987
01-02-2015, 04:56 AM
He's injury prone and on the decline
He only missed major time due to his hamstring injury. He played in 76% of the total Heat games this season. He might be on the decline, but he's still an elite player. There are probably only 2 SG's (Harden and Buckets) better than him right now. Both of whom Miami can't acquire.

mehyaM24
01-02-2015, 05:25 AM

silly post

maybe if wade and bosh played for their worth which I would put under 10 million a year considering that's what a 38 year old duncan has been playing for (for years), and who's performance put both these guys to shame, then miami could have gone out and gotten gasol along with mcroberts AND granger.

lebron likely stays, miami kills themselves with bad contracts - wade for 15 mill, bosh over 20 mill, anderson for 5 million a year, Chalmers for 3 or 4? think about the type of money the heat would have and the players they could get if everyone else around lebron was paid for their worth.

my point? wade is putting up empty stats - where was this last year in the finals?

LongLiveTheKing
01-02-2015, 05:40 AM
Chris Bosh sort of dissed Spo after the loss to the Pacers. Heat shouldn't be struggling this bad even with injuries.

Micku
01-02-2015, 05:41 AM
He only missed major time due to his hamstring injury. He played in 76% of the total Heat games this season. He might be on the decline, but he's still an elite player. There are probably only 2 SG's (Harden and Buckets) better than him right now. Both of whom Miami can't acquire.

I would say three? Klay, Jimmy Butler, and Harden.

Chris Bosh sort of dissed Spo after the loss to the Pacers. Heat shouldn't be struggling this bad even with injuries.

Yeah, it's crazy that they are struggling against teams that they should beat. What amazes me is that their defense really stinks this year. Even when Spo first started coaching, it seems like he was a good defensive coach. Miami was like top 10 defensively despite having a crappy cast. Granted this was during Wade prime, but you saw more effort from the team collectively back then. I thought that was Spo's doing. I don't know what's up this year.

aj1987
01-02-2015, 07:44 AM

I'd take Wade over Klay. Klay has been good, but Wade has been more impressive this season.

Dresta
01-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Wade is still a better player than Klay, comfortably. I'd like to see Wade with a pg that can hit from any spot of the court within 30 feet of the basket, with ease - imagine what he'd do with that much space and someone who can pull the defense out that far.

StephHamann
01-02-2015, 09:33 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9yS2-x5sA

Dresta
01-02-2015, 09:40 AM
Yep, Monta is downright retarded, i agree.

Now he has more wins than Wade but he's still not nearly as good a player :lol

r15mohd
01-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Spoelstra has attempted to solve Miami's problem of lacking of a serviceable pg, by playing two useless pgs at the same time, in key moments of the game.

this is Riley's issue that hes refused to address since 2010, as well as an adequate big being a HUGE necessity. Spo can only work with what he has, however his lineups (at times) are very cringe-worthy, this being one of them. :facepalm

for years now, Chalmers has been a boneheaded PG...yet the Heat staff seemingly have faith in him time and time again. Cole was only productive with Lebron at the helm to assist with the PG work-load, we're seeing his true colors now. his production was huge on the kick-out 3's where his 3pt shot really improved over the years...sometimes a good defender...but he wasn't the serviceable PG the Heat ultimately needed.

I've said it from the beginning when Lebron chose to go back to Cle...Miami needed to tank if they wanted any future success. most of the books are cleared for an OK run in 2016, but the Bosh contract kills a solid attempt as he'll be on an even greater downward slope by then. that added "attraction" won't help sway FA's to Miami IMO.

as for Wade...he's doing OK as of recent (i'll give him that), but we've seen these spurts from him over the last few years leaving us with hope but the result is a failed playoffs. i'm not convinced by his "resurgence" until he can be healthy for a playoff run again...which is looking to be an uphill climb in them even grabbing a seed to contend. aj12345 hates when we discredit Wade, and that's fine, but he's not Flash anymore and can't carry a team like he once did.

tank, trade away cash cows and prep for 2016...huge names available and Riley can certainly land some of them knowing his resume alone. no sense in being mediocre and missing out on what 2016 can potentially offer the Heat's future.

jrong
01-02-2015, 12:03 PM
silly post

maybe if wade and bosh played for their worth which I would put under 10 million a year considering that's what a 38 year old duncan has been playing for (for years), and who's performance put both these guys to shame, then miami could have gone out and gotten gasol along with mcroberts AND granger.

lebron likely stays, miami kills themselves with bad contracts - wade for 15 mill, bosh over 20 mill, anderson for 5 million a year, Chalmers for 3 or 4? think about the type of money the heat would have and the players they could get if everyone else around lebron was paid for their worth.

my point? wade is putting up empty stats - where was this last year in the finals?

1. "Silly post" but you don't refute it. So why is LeBron below 50 percent this year when he was at 55 percent in 2013 and 57 percent in 2014 if it's not a function of him not being on the Heat? And why is his average FG% in four years in Miamii so much higher than it was in his eight with the Cleveland?

2. Where was Wade's current performance in the Finals? First, as is typical, he wasn't healthy. Second, this version of Wade can't emerge unless LeBron is gone. Wade's usage rate is about 33%. When he was on court with James last year, it was about 23%. The only thing he could do when he played with LeBron was focus on being ultra-efficient because LeBron dominated the offense. Which brings me to my third point...

3. The Heat couldn't possibly pay Wade what he's worth. There's not enough money in the salary cap. Wade has been the foundation for all of their success since he was drafted. Shaq came to play with Wade. LeBron and by extension Bosh came to play with Wade. And after LeBron choked/ tanked away his legacy-cementing second FMVP, Wade while still in his prime made the team-first decision to step aside and let LeBron lead because he realized LeBron can only lead, while he could lead or follow. It cost him respect as a player, it likely cost his legacy and place in history (for some reason Wade's rings as a sidekick don't seem to count while Kobe's and Pippen's do) and it cost him financially (how many Wade commercials have you seen in the past few years?).... To compensate Wade for what he's worth, you wouldn't just be paying for his performance, you'd be paying for his sacrifice.

Miami needed to tank if they wanted any future success.

They can't tank. Wade has only got a few years left. It's disrespectful to even suggest wasting them. If they were gonna tank, they should have let both him and Bosh walk. Plus building through the draft takes years. The key for 2016 is to remain relevant until then. Somehow, some way they have to get into the playoffs and then hope to make a run.

SpecialQue
01-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Erik Exspoelstra.

GimmeThat
01-02-2015, 01:04 PM
so, someone Photoshop Pop with his playbook against the prime Nash Sun

and everything had been crossed off besides Horry's Hip.

aj1987
01-02-2015, 02:53 PM
aj12345 hates when we discredit Wade, and that's fine, but he's not Flash anymore and can't carry a team like he once did.
Obviously, he's not Flash anymore. He hasn't been that since '11. Dude at his best was a DPOY and MVP candidate (while having scrubs for teammates). Still, this season, he has been really impressive and is arguably the 2nd or 3rd best SG in the league. A top 8-15 player. Has been clutch AF and his defense has been above average. He has been better than LeBron though.

pastis
01-02-2015, 03:56 PM
no wonder. the best player of the last years left. now spoelstra has just wade, bosh, deng etc.:lol :lol

wade putting up the empty ones pretty nicely, like he did all his EC career

FLDFSU
01-02-2015, 08:32 PM
:oldlol: Exactly. Wade and Bosh were referred to as superstars just a few months ago...SS was one of the biggest proponents of this--and the 55 wins claim was from the assumption that the 15' Heat would=the 94' Bulls (who had 1 superstar, not 2). If the Bulls could stay afloat without the GOAT the assumption among many was surely the Heat would do so after losing a player inferior to the GOAT and getting a legitimate replacement for LeBron, something the Bulls failed to do for MJ.

Deng is what he is: a good, but not great player. Imagine, though, how bad the Heat would be if they did not get a guy like Deng to replace LeBron. Imagine if, say, they had to use a D-Leaguer as their starting SF...The fact is Deng was an all-star in two of the previous three seasons and was the best available SF to replace LeBron. With two superstars and a third all-star, and a championship pedigree the Heat should not plummet from the Finals to barely holding off Boston and Orlando for 8th place simply because they lost one player--if the claims made about how stacked the Heat were when LeBron was there were indeed accurate.

Face it, LeBron is a GOAT-caliber player and is the difference between 54-58 wins and the Finals and 35-40 wins and 7th-9th in the East.

:bowdown:

Human Error
01-02-2015, 09:10 PM
The biggest problem of the team as of late has been poor point guard play, so Spo trying to solve the problem by playing 2 pg's together. Pure genius. :facepalm

navy
01-02-2015, 09:11 PM
What did he say?

305Baller
01-02-2015, 09:23 PM
I don't know what it is but the Heat should have a better record. Will they put it together? Let's see.