PDA

View Full Version : Curry will soon become the face of the NBA

Ca$H
01-01-2015, 06:08 PM
James continues to own the top overall spot with 775,810 votes, while Curry's 755,486 votes are good for second in the league.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/01/01/2015-second-all-star-game-voting-returns/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Hopefully more fans will turn on Bran with the latest stunt he is pulling. It's about time the NBA didn't have an arrogant a$$hole as the face of the league(Kobe before and now Bran). A guy that is non-polarizing and is universally loved will be a refreshing change.

Clyde
01-01-2015, 06:12 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

qrich
01-01-2015, 06:15 PM
http://imgix.scout.com/125/1256283.jpg >>> Curry

christian1923
01-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Not playing for golden state he wont

FKAri
01-01-2015, 06:16 PM
The face of a pedophile.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-01-2015, 06:22 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/15ho2ab.png

buddha
01-01-2015, 06:24 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2102825/madruss.gif

JohnMax
01-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Curry is also not mentally unstable like Cousins and Westbrook

Ca$H
01-01-2015, 06:26 PM
What are you guys laughing about? Curry is close to being #1 in votes. He will also win MVP and FMVP. Curry is also cute and humble. This really shouldn't even be up for debate. :confusedshrug:

buddha
01-01-2015, 06:28 PM
just wait till Westbrook joins the Lakers and all of kobe ******gers migrate.

JT123
01-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Can Steph make a WCF appearance first? :confusedshrug:
His team is off to a great start, but part of me thinks they are peaking too early (think last years Pacers)
Also, no player is Universally loved. Curry doesn't have anywhere near as much haters as Lebron and Kobe do, but that's only because he hasn't won shit. Let him get a few rings and start being compared to Jordan, and believe me the haters will come.

JohnnySic
01-01-2015, 06:31 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ATbPs-ZMI1Y/TpOjt8OMVdI/AAAAAAAADCw/XnLOUVINaXc/s1600/Stephen-Curry-and-The-Childlike-Empress-from-Neverending-Story-look-alike-funny-nba-photos.jpg

Ca$H
01-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Can Steph make a WCF appearance first? :confusedshrug:
His team is off to a great start, but part of me thinks they are peaking too early (think last years Pacers)
Also, no player is Universally loved. Curry doesn't have anywhere near as much haters as Lebron and Kobe do, but that's only because he hasn't won shit. Let him get a few rings and start being compared to Jordan, and believe me the haters will come.

LOL. Nobody really hates Tim Duncan and he won 5 titles. Insecure Kobe stans may act like they do but they really don't. Same thing for Curry. It's impossible to really hate a guy like Curry or Duncan.

Ca$H
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ATbPs-ZMI1Y/TpOjt8OMVdI/AAAAAAAADCw/XnLOUVINaXc/s1600/Stephen-Curry-and-The-Childlike-Empress-from-Neverending-Story-look-alike-funny-nba-photos.jpg

:applause: So adorable.

CavaliersFTW
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

HOoopCityJones
01-01-2015, 06:37 PM

Siibastiannn....:roll:

JT123
01-01-2015, 06:51 PM
LOL. Nobody really hates Tim Duncan and he won 5 titles. Insecure Kobe stans may act like they do but they really don't. Same thing for Curry. It's impossible to really hate a guy like Curry or Duncan.
That's cause no one compares Duncan to Jordan or claims he has a case for GOAT. Which makes sense considering Duncan is a big. But believe me, if Curry does start winning rings he WILL be compared to Michael, and when players start getting compared to him that's when they start being hated. Notice how Jordan fans use to hate on Kobe when he was getting hyped as having a chance to surpass MJ, but now that they know Jordan's legacy is safe from Kobe most of them spend all their time hating on Lebron. I think it's pathetic honestly, but that's just the way things work with them.

Bay Area Baller
01-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Curry has nothing to fear from you nba analysts but from chicks like thishttp://24.media.tumblr.com/6c3bdfe3027ca9531b1b163e3ea665c7/tumblr_ml9rmeVM3t1qb5lmlo1_500.jpg

Also when he wins MVP and fmvp he will probably start dancing around and pick up some haters with his less then aesthetic dance moves.

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Curry will never get close to "face of the NBA" territory, and he'll also never win any rings.

What a delusional thread. :facepalm

bagelred
01-01-2015, 07:05 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2lnh6ki.jpg

christian1923
01-01-2015, 07:14 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2lnh6ki.jpg
:coleman:

GimmeThat
01-01-2015, 07:17 PM
That's cause no one compares Duncan to Jordan or claims he has a case for GOAT. Which makes sense considering Duncan is a big. But believe me, if Curry does start winning rings he WILL be compared to Michael, and when players start getting compared to him that's when they start being hated. Notice how Jordan fans use to hate on Kobe when he was getting hyped as having a chance to surpass MJ, but now that they know Jordan's legacy is safe from Kobe most of them spend all their time hating on Lebron. I think it's pathetic honestly, but that's just the way things work with them.

You know we all much prefer west stans going againt curry stans

NZStreetBaller
01-01-2015, 07:24 PM

Wow you know Lebron fans are getting desperate when they move over to Steph Curry. :roll:

Okay I got no problem with Jordan being the GOAT but the reason why lebron gets compared mostly to Kobe is because you got to get through kobe to get to jordan.

dontgetchoked
01-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Isnt that what you **** do with durant? hate on him because he's arguably better than lebron? yeah, that is pathetic.

20Four
01-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Isnt that what you **** do with durant? hate on him because he's arguably better than lebron? yeah, that is pathetic.
What do you expect from a McDonald's employee? Remember now LeBRONZE is endorsed by McDonald's so of your JT is going to back him up! LeBRONZE probably gave him a lifetime supply of Big Macs :roll: :roll: :roll:

JT123
01-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Wow you know Lebron fans are getting desperate when they move over to Steph Curry. :roll:

Okay I got no problem with Jordan being the GOAT but the reason why lebron gets compared mostly to Kobe is because you got to get through kobe to get to jordan.
Man you suck at reading comprehension. :facepalm
I am not hating on Curry at all, I am saying that Jordan fans will hate on any player whom the media dares compare to their idol. And since the majority of NBA fans love Jordan, Steph will get hated on if the comparison starts getting made. You seriously think it's a coincidence that the 2 players most often compared to MJ are the ones with the most haters? :hammerhead:

btw, Lebron hasn't been compared to Kobe in years, but nice try. :lol That debate ended after Bron won his second Finals MVP in 2013. Other than Shaq's rings what the hell does Kobe have on Lebron at this point? Longevity? Lebron will soon surpass him there as well. :yaohappy:

Ca$H
01-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Man you suck at reading comprehension. :facepalm
I am not hating on Curry at all, I am saying that Jordan fans will hate on any player whom the media dares compare to their idol. And since the majority of NBA fans love Jordan, Steph will get hated on if the comparison starts getting made. You seriously think it's a coincidence that the 2 players most often compared to MJ are the ones with the most haters? :hammerhead:

btw, Lebron hasn't been compared to Kobe in years, but nice try. :lol That debate ended after Bron won his second Finals MVP in 2013. Other than Shaq's rings what the hell does Kobe have on Lebron at this point? Longevity? Lebron will soon surpass him there as well. :yaohappy:

I wouldn't bank on that bro based off of this season the decline has already started.

JT123
01-01-2015, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't bank on that bro based off of this season the decline has already started.
Still shooting the ball better than prime Kobe and averaging 25 a game. :confusedshrug:

Ca$H
01-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Still shooting the ball better than prime Kobe and averaging 25 a game. :confusedshrug:

injuries and decrease in athleticism.

JT123
01-01-2015, 08:33 PM
injuries and decrease in athleticism.
I know right. Lebron has been injured all season and lost his athleticism (apparently the only thing that makes him any good) and he's still putting up amazing stat lines. :bowdown:
#LeUnderdog

Crose
01-01-2015, 08:37 PM
I know right. Lebron has been injured all season and lost his athleticism (apparently the only thing that makes him any good) and he's still putting up amazing stat lines. :bowdown:
#LeUnderdog
lestatline

leemptystats

lefifthinweakconference

leunderachieve

freshperry
01-02-2015, 12:12 AM

It usually comes down to the fans unfortunately. Honestly, I dont think someone who truly likes basketball can hate lebron or kobe because they're legit both very good players. However, you can definitely hate their nut riding fans. What the previous quote was probably referring to is exactly that point. Once he starts winning and gets a bigger fanbase, theres always going to be more band wagoning, nut riding, glory hunting, whatever you wanna call it fans and that'll paint a negative picture of curry.

SugarHill
01-02-2015, 12:14 AM
:roll:

Heavincent
01-02-2015, 12:24 AM

I've heard this comparison a few times, and it's absurd. The Warriors have significantly more talent.

Also, 25-5 in the West >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 25-5 in the East

JT123
01-02-2015, 12:34 AM
lestatline

leemptystats

lefifthinweakconference

leunderachieve
I don't think you know what empty stats means. The Cavs were a lottery team in the 4 seasons Lebron was gone, and in the 3 games he has missed this season they have continued to look like a lottery team. Bron has turned them into a legit playoff team, and despite how much they may be struggling right now, nobody is gonna wanna face them in a first round series. Empty stats would be something like what Kobe has done this season. Scoring 24 points per game on 22 shots, playing no defense, and choking away multiple 4th quarter leads for a lottery team.
Hopefully this clears things up for you. :cheers:

Roundball_Rock
01-02-2015, 12:49 AM
Great point, JT. They are 0-3 without him thus far. Anything can happen in a given game but they presumably lose to DAL, HOU, GSW and PHX without LeBron. They would be a toss up against SAC. They should beat PHI and CHA. Two weeks from now the Cavs could be 2-8 or 3-7 without LeBron (Love should be back too btw). Keep in mind the Heat went from 54-28 to 14-19 without him. LeDifference. :bowdown:

JT123
01-02-2015, 01:14 AM
Great point, JT. They are 0-3 without him thus far. Anything can happen in a given game but they presumably lose to DAL, HOU, GSW and PHX without LeBron. They would be a toss up against SAC. They should beat PHI and CHA. Two weeks from now the Cavs could be 2-8 or 3-7 without LeBron (Love should be back too btw). Keep in mind the Heat went from 54-28 to 14-19 without him. LeDifference. :bowdown:
:bowdown: