PDA

View Full Version : Is Durant the unanimous best player in the league?

Joyner82reload
01-01-2015, 08:40 PM
His minutes are down, but his play is even better than last year. Adjusting his numbers to his normal minutes, 39 mpg, you end up with these numbers

32.6 ppg 7.2 rpg 5.2 apg 53.5 FG% 43.8 3% 89.4 FT% 66.8 TS% 30.1 PER

vs last year

32.0 ppg 7.4 rpg 5.5 apg 50.3 FG% 39.1 3% 87.3 FT% 63.5 TS% 29.8 PER

And excluding his first 2 games, where he showed visible rust, here have been his recent games adjusted for minutes

34.6 ppg 7.7 rpg 5.7 apg 56.3 FG% 44.7 3% 90.9 FT% 69.6 TS% 34.7 PER

:bowdown:

JT123
01-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Who?

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 08:45 PM
And these are just numbers.

Doesn't even factor in the intangibles, which sets him apart from anyone else.

Best leader. Best closer. Best player, and not close anymore.

JohnFreeman
01-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Harden and Westbrook are both better

SamuraiSWISH
01-01-2015, 09:15 PM
1) Durant
2) A. Davis

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Harden and Westbrook are both better
Prove it.

T_L_P
01-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Probably. He needs to improve his play in the postseason though, which is something most ATGs did.

He was second to Westbrook in last year's Playoffs which, for an MVP (and a damn strong one at that), is pathetic.

pauk
01-01-2015, 09:18 PM
He is, at least for the next two weeks.

T_L_P
01-01-2015, 09:20 PM

Is LeBron the DPOY again when healthy (you said it should be him every year he's in the league)?

DMAVS41
01-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Probably. He needs to improve his play in the postseason though, which is something most ATGs did.

He was second to Westbrook in last year's Playoffs which, for an MVP (and a damn strong one at that), is pathetic.

Yep.

He's certainly taken the mantle of best regular season player (he took that last year), but I'm not ready to put him at the top overall because of how I value playoffs.

K Xerxes
01-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Only thing left is to prove is that he can overcome midgets and pressure in the playoffs. Bron still edges him on that.

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Yep.

He's certainly taken the mantle of best regular season player (he took that last year), but I'm not ready to put him at the top overall because of how I value playoffs.
He's already a proven playoff performer. Jesus Christ.

So winning a ring is the ONLY way to prove yourself as a playoff performer? The defense was focused on Durant and he dropped 30/9/4 and was spectacular in close out games.

KDthunderup
01-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Bran has had some absolute torrid playoff series in the past, worse then Durant has produced and will ever produce. Durant hasn't been at his best the past two previous playoffs but we know he can perform on that level ala 2012 playoffs

Roundball_Rock
01-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Yes, he is right now. If LeBron returns to form after his 2 weeks off then it may be a debate but right now Durant is clearly better than LeBron, Davis and Westbrook.

Smook A.
01-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Psh... Bran isn't even a top 3 player anymore

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Bran has had some absolute torrid playoff series in the past, worse then Durant has produced and will ever produce. Durant hasn't been at his best the past two previous playoffs but we know he can perform on that level ala 2012 playoffs
Yep.

Durant faces much tougher competition too. Grizzlies in the first round? What?

And he had to carry his team without Westbrook. He was visibly fatigued.

So Westbrook as the number 1 guy can't make the finals? Ok... Durant's done that.

dontgetchoked
01-01-2015, 09:46 PM
He wasnt at his best but was still better than most players in the L... 30 points on 45.5 and 46 percent the last two years, thats fantastic. anyone would take that.

BlazerRed
01-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Yes he is. Bran is declining and/or doesn't seem to care anymore. Durant has fire in his heart, has something to prove with this team. If he can stay healthy he will dominate the league for the remainder of the season and the Thunder are going to be a complete nightmare come playoffs if their role players can at least play half decent ball as well.

SamuraiSWISH
01-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Only thing left is to prove is that he can overcome midgets and pressure in the playoffs. Bron still edges him on that.
This

Fudge
01-01-2015, 09:48 PM
:roll:

What happens after these next two weeks?

Bron isn't even a top 5 player THIS season, bro. Give it up.

el gringos
01-01-2015, 09:49 PM
I think you confuse the words unanimous and consensus.

Is Durant the unanimous best player in the league? If you have a grasp on the word unanimous and have spent 20 minutes or more in ish you'd have to be an idiot to ask the question.

Consensus best player in the nba? Probably, and my guess is that's what you meant.

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 09:50 PM
He wasnt at his best but was still better than most players in the L... 30 points on 45.5 and 46 percent the last two years, thats fantastic. anyone would take that.
One year without Westbrook against the god damn Grizzlies getting damn near triple teamed and no help what so ever from his teammates. And the next year against defenses solely focused on him and he wasn't even playing fresh like you get to when you play in the East on a stacked team.

Took the Spurs to 6. Competitive series. LeBron's team completely blown out in every loss and put up the most empty stats ever.

Getting to the finals with Wade and Bosh in the East is NOT impressive. Especially when your team gets BITCH SLAPPED worse than any other in the finals.

DMAVS41
01-01-2015, 09:50 PM
He's already a proven playoff performer. Jesus Christ.

So winning a ring is the ONLY way to prove yourself as a playoff performer? The defense was focused on Durant and he dropped 30/9/4 and was spectacular in close out games.

What?

No...just not playing like ass against single coverage and just having the great fortune of having a loaded team good enough to win games.

You want me to say it's not a debate between him and Lebron? I need to see him do more when the game really matter.

I just don't really care all that much what a player is able to do against the scrub teams in the league coming in on the 2nd night of a back to back or not really trying to even win.

I'm not saying the regular season needs to be fully discounted, but we had this argument last year.

I literally had people telling me that the only way Durant could possibly struggle would be if he was triple teamed.

Well...the Grizzlies series happens and...you know...the only reason his team wasn't fishing after 5...was getting bailed out by Reggie Jackson. Sorry...not gonna be overly impressed that a guy is still alive in the playoffs because in the biggest game of the year he shoots 5 of 21.

Why do we have to project so much here?

Like...I'll say the same thing I said last year. If Durant is really that good (the argument last year was that he was clearly better than Kobe ever was)...he'll lead his team to the title and play great...right?

If he's that good...winning with clearly the most talented team in the league shouldn't even be a problem.

And I don't even need winning. I just need him to play great and not watch his level of play dip.

So I'll hold off on saying he deserves "unanimous" best player in league status.

JohnFreeman
01-01-2015, 10:05 PM
What?

No...just not playing like ass against single coverage and just having the great fortune of having a loaded team good enough to win games.

You want me to say it's not a debate between him and Lebron? I need to see him do more when the game really matter.

I just don't really care all that much what a player is able to do against the scrub teams in the league coming in on the 2nd night of a back to back or not really trying to even win.

I'm not saying the regular season needs to be fully discounted, but we had this argument last year.

I literally had people telling me that the only way Durant could possibly struggle would be if he was triple teamed.

Well...the Grizzlies series happens and...you know...the only reason his team wasn't fishing after 5...was getting bailed out by Reggie Jackson. Sorry...not gonna be overly impressed that a guy is still alive in the playoffs because in the biggest game of the year he shoots 5 of 21.

Like...I'll say the same thing I said last year. If Durant is really that good (the argument last year was that he was clearly better than Kobe ever was)...he'll lead his team to the title and play great...right?

If he's that good...winning with clearly the most talented team in the league shouldn't even be a problem.

And I don't even need winning. I just need him to play great and not watch his level of play dip.

So I'll hold off on saying he deserves "unanimous" best player in league status.
Damn.

Spurs5Rings2014
01-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Not even the best player on his own team.

Roundball_Rock
01-01-2015, 10:11 PM
Getting to the finals with Wade and Bosh in the East is NOT impressive.

Getting to the Finals with a team that is 14-19 and in 8th in the said East without him is not impressive?

LeBron outplayed Durant and beat OKC when Durant had Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden...

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 10:11 PM
What?

"Winning with clearly the most talented team in the league won't be a problem"

You discount coaching and the flawed nature of their roster. Durant and Westbrook are very talented, outside of that? Meh.

And did you forget they've been crippled by injuries the whole year and the west is more stacked than ever?

It would be a problem winning a ring with these circumstances for anyone in league history. You don't get that?

And all players have poor performances...... ALL OF THEM. You should know that being a Dirk fan.

JebronLames
01-01-2015, 10:13 PM
:applause:

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 10:18 PM
So if Harden doesn't shit the bed in the finals Durant would be a proven playoff performer.

I guess that's the logic. He's not a playoff performer because he doesn't have a ring. Dirk has one so he's proven playoff performer, even though he played average in the finals and only won because LeBron choked just like Harden did.

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Getting to the Finals with a team that is 14-19 and in 8th in the said East without him is not impressive?

LeBron outplayed Durant and beat OKC when Durant had Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden...
Because it's the same team with the same expectations. :oldlol:

They've been riddled with injuries too and of course beating the Bobcats, Nets, and Pacers is NOT close to beating Memphis and LAC and taking the Spurs to 6, without our third option for 2 games.

DMAVS41
01-01-2015, 10:31 PM
"Winning with clearly the most talented team in the league won't be a problem"

You discount coaching and the flawed nature of their roster. Durant and Westbrook are very talented, outside of that? Meh.

And did you forget they've been crippled by injuries the whole year and the west is more stacked than ever?

It would be a problem winning a ring with these circumstances for anyone in league history. You don't get that?

And all players have poor performances...... ALL OF THEM. You should know that being a Dirk fan.

I'm saying:

"If he's as good as some claim"

He's not that good though...so yes...it will be a problem.

Again, last year it was..."Durant is clearly better than Kobe ever was"

You know I'm not even a huge Kobe guy, but a guy clearly better than peak Kobe is a guy that is raping the league to an extent KD never has in the playoffs.

You are taking on a heavy burden asking for a unanimous KD is the best player.

Also, I didn't say he had to win. I specifically said I need to see him play great and do things that other guys don't do.

I don't think I'm asking that much for a player to reach "unanimous" best player in league status. That's like peak Shaq, MJ, and Kareem shit...Durant has not reached that level yet and I'd bet he never does to be honest.

But I don't like to pretend I can see the future.

Also, what should I understand with Dirk? Dirk never played with teams like Durant has during his prime. Never...not even close....well...the 03 Mavs are equivalent imo. And Scott Brooks is a better coach than Avery Johnson. So what should I learn? That Dirk is held to a higher standard than Durant I guess...considering all the hate Dirk got for winning over 50 games 11 straight seasons and making 3 WCF and 2 finals...and winning a championship.

All with this kind of help for his prime:

Mavs with Dirk +8.1 points per 100
Mavs without Dirk -3.8 points per 100

Thunder with Durant +6.6 points per 100
Thunder without Durant +1 points per 100

Not to mention Durant clearly has that 2nd star almost always needed to win. I know there have been some bad breaks...it's why I don't sit here and claim Durant should have 3 titles or something.

But lets tap the brakes a little on this stuff and remember the kind of standards players like Dirk and Kobe and Lebron were held to in their primes.

Seriously...I don't know if you were a big NBA fan back in 07...but if you were....you'd know Durant's Memphis series through 5 games was actually worse than Dirk's against the Warriors. The only difference was that the Thunder didn't go down 3-1 like the Mavs did. 3-1 is death against a team as good or better.

And it seems Durant has been given a pass for that because of having Reggie Jackson bail him out. Durant literally has 2 of the most improbable wins for superstar in playoff history last year. I can't remember the specifics but only like 17 times had a team won a game with a player shooting as poorly as Durant did.

Again...if Dirk played his entire prime with guys like WB and Ibaka...I'd have held him to a higher standard. Just me though...

JT123
01-01-2015, 10:32 PM

They've been riddled with injuries too and of course beating the Bobcats, Nets, and Pacers is NOT close to beating Memphis and LAC and taking the Spurs to 6, without our third option for 2 games.
:facepalm Lebron was without his 3rd option for NINE playoff games in 2012 you stupid hick. :oldlol:
Point is some players step up when things don't go perfectly, while others fold. Guess we know which category Durant belongs in.

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 10:35 PM
I'm saying:

"If he's as good as some claim"

He's not that good though...so yes...it will be a problem.

Again, last year it was..."Durant is clearly better than Kobe ever was"

You know I'm not even a huge Kobe guy, but a guy clearly better than peak Kobe is a guy that is raping the league to an extent KD never has in the playoffs.

You are taking on a heavy burden asking for a unanimous KD is the best player.

Also, I didn't say he had to win. I specifically said I need to see him play great and do things that other guys don't do.

I don't think I'm asking that much for a player to reach "unanimous" best player in league status. That's like peak Shaq, MJ, and Kareem shit...Durant has not reached that level yet and I'd bet he never does to be honest.

But I don't like to pretend I can see the future.
When did Kobe ever have a run like KD in 2012? 3 game winners. Beat 3 former champions and dropped 31 on 55% in the finals.

Kobe would never win a ring with this team. NEVER. He's a 44% shooter. He won because he had Shaq and Pau. Come on dude.

Durant last year in the regular season is better than Kobe ever was too so IT IS PERFECTLY FAIR TO SAY HE IS BETTER THAN KOBE EVER WAS.... BECAUSE HE IS.

You're holding on to Kobe's 5 rings as an angle to say Kobe is better, or that Durant isn't there yet. Aren't you a stats guy? Durant last year is better than Kobe ever was and that was the argument last year. Still true. Nothing has changed.

Roundball_Rock
01-01-2015, 10:37 PM

Every team has had major injuries 30 games into the season. The difference between good teams, which is what Miami was for 4 years, and average teams, which is what Miami is today, is they can manage to sustain a substantial level of play through injuries. Look at Miami's record from 2011-2014 in games LeBron missed. It portended exactly what we are seeing in 2015: 0.400-0.500 basketball from them.

No team has exactly the same roster on a year-over-year basis. The major change the Heat had was losing LeBron and replacing him with Deng, a good but not great player.

Yes, the Western road last year was much tougher but nonetheless it is clear LeBron elevated an average team to a far higher level last season.

At some point, though, when do the excuses for Durant end? If you are the best or second best player and the third/fourth/fifth best player also plays on your team how much more do you need to win? He also has Ibaka and previously had Harden.

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Every team has had major injuries 30 games into the season. The difference between good teams, which is what Miami was for 4 years, and average teams, which is what Miami is today, is they can manage to sustain a substantial level of play through injuries. Look at Miami's record from 2011-2014 in games LeBron missed. It portended exactly what we are seeing in 2015: 0.400-0.500 basketball from them.

No team has exactly the same roster on a year-over-year basis. The major change the Heat had was losing LeBron and replacing him with Deng, a good but not great player.

Yes, the Western road last year was much tougher but nonetheless it is clear LeBron elevated an average team to a far higher level last season.

At some point, though, when do the excuses for Durant end? If you are the best or second best player and the third/fourth/fifth best player also plays on your team how much more do you need to win? He also has Ibaka and previously had Harden.
And look at Thunder record without Durant and injuries. :lol

Elevated his team against the Bobcats and Nets. Tell me more.

Westbrook being out in 2013 and having Scott Brooks and no post player who can score aren't legit excuses? He's 26. Relax. The rings will come and they'll be more impressive than Magic's, Bird's, Jordan's, Kobe's and especially Lebron's.

Roundball_Rock
01-01-2015, 10:44 PM
You are setting up straw men. What I disputed was your assertion that the Heat making the Finals last year with LeBron was not impressive. I am not disputing Durant's value to OKC. It is not about the Nets and Bobcats but the total record. They went 54-28. They may not even win 35 games this year. :lol

Westbrook was arguably OKC's best player in the playoffs last year btw.

DMAVS41
01-01-2015, 10:46 PM
When did Kobe ever have a run like KD in 2012? 3 game winners. Beat 3 former champions and dropped 31 on 55% in the finals.

Kobe would never win a ring with this team. NEVER. He's a 44% shooter. He won because he had Shaq and Pau. Come on dude.

Durant last year in the regular season is better than Kobe ever was too so IT IS PERFECTLY FAIR TO SAY HE IS BETTER THAN KOBE EVER WAS.... BECAUSE HE IS.

You're holding on to Kobe's 5 rings as an angle to say Kobe is better, or that Durant isn't there yet. Aren't you a stats guy? Durant last year is better than Kobe ever was and that was the argument last year. Still true. Nothing has changed.

Dude. Westbrook is better than Pau. GTFO with this shit...

And no...it's not about the winning. It's about valuing Kobe as a player. He's better than you are giving him credit for acting like Durant has done enough to surpass Kobe as a player.

This is the exact shit I'm talking about.

I don't even ****ing like Kobe as a player as most and I'm saying this. And I like Durant dude.

That should give you an idea of where your head is.

Nobody gives a shit about the regular season dude. Especially when Durant did what he did last year in the playoffs. My god...I'm so god damn sick of you ****ers putting so much emphasis on what these players do playing the bottom 20 teams in the league when nobody...and I mean nobody...is playing like they do in the playoffs.

Kobe Bryant at his best has proven shit Durant hasn't at this point.

Part of being great at basketball is getting the most out of your teammates....you people think it's all shooting, passing, and dribbling. The game is so much more complicated than that.

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 10:48 PM
You are setting up straw men. What I disputed was your assertion that the Heat making the Finals last year with LeBron was not impressive. I am not disputing Durant's value to OKC. It is not about the Nets and Bobcats but the total record. They went 54-28. They may not even win 35 games this year. :lol

Westbrook was arguably OKC's best player in the playoffs last year btw.
Durant without Westbrook went 23-11 IN THE WEST. More impressive. Much better stats too. Actually some of the best ever in that stretch.

I'm saying his season last year was not as impressive as Durant's. You don't think Durant makes the finals with that Heat team? They'd win over 60 games in the East and easily make the finals.

Roundball_Rock
01-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Yes, Durant on the Heat would have also made the Finals and 23-11 without Westbrook was impressive. Keep in mind, though, as JT noted, LeBron has gotten it done in the playoffs without Bosh, including as deep as the ECF. Whenever Durant has lost either Ibaka or Westbrook in the playoffs OKC promptly has folded.

The more interesting question to me is what LeBron would have been able to do on OKC from 2011-2014.

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 10:53 PM
Dude. Westbrook is better than Pau. GTFO with this shit...

And no...it's not about the winning. It's about valuing Kobe as a player. He's better than you are giving him credit for acting like Durant has done enough to surpass Kobe as a player.

This is the exact shit I'm talking about.

I don't even ****ing like Kobe as a player as most and I'm saying this. And I like Durant dude.

That should give you an idea of where your head is.

Nobody gives a shit about the regular season dude. Especially when Durant did what he did last year in the playoffs. My god...I'm so god damn sick of you ****ers putting so much emphasis on what these players do playing the bottom 20 teams in the league when nobody...and I mean nobody...is playing like they do in the playoffs.

Kobe Bryant at his best has proven shit Durant hasn't at this point.

Part of being great at basketball is getting the most out of your teammates....you people think it's all shooting, passing, and dribbling. The game is so much more complicated than that.
You don't know basketball if you take Westbrook over 2009-2010 Pau Gasol.

You just don't. Durant has better regular season and post season that Kobe ever had. That means his peak is better than Kobe's. Whoa!

I'd love to see how Kobe/Westbrook would fair in the playoffs. Two 40% shooters and no one to clean up their bricks like Pau did. :lol

What has Kobe proved? He can shoot 40% and still win? LMAO.

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Yes, Durant on the Heat would have also made the Finals and 23-11 without Westbrook was impressive. Keep in mind, though, as JT noted, LeBron has gotten it done in the playoffs without Bosh, including as deep as the ECF. Whenever Durant has lost either Ibaka or Westbrook in the playoffs OKC promptly has folded.

The more interesting question to me is what LeBron would have been able to do on OKC from 2011-2014.
Did it without Bosh against......who?

Is there not a difference between losing Westbrook against the Grizz and getting absolutely NO HELP from anybody? LeBron got help without Bosh.

I don't think LeBron wins any rings on OKC. And we're comparing LeBron supposedly at his best against 25 year old Durant. Hmmm.

DMAVS41
01-01-2015, 11:02 PM
You don't know basketball if you take Westbrook over 2009-2010 Pau Gasol.

You just don't. Durant has better regular season and post season that Kobe ever had. That means his peak is better than Kobe's. Whoa!

I'd love to see how Kobe/Westbrook would fair in the playoffs. Two 40% shooters and no one to clean up their bricks like Pau did. :lol

What has Kobe proved? He can shoot 40% and still win? LMAO.

I agree Durant has had a better regular season than Kobe...I don't think he has a better playoffs.

Well...we are at an impasse. Because I think someone doesn't know basketball for shit if they think Pau is better than Westbrook.

I'm actually a stats guy, but some of you guys take it way too far. Basketball is not just that.

This is the same shit I had to say last year...can't believe I'm repping Kobe this much.

God how I wish we could watch Durant play with Fisher/Pau/Odom...watching him get pushed off his spots by single coverage. Who is making all those plays when Durant can't even get the ball and doesn't have the handle to put it on the floor?

Westbrook on the Thunder is easily the most underappreciated player of this era. He makes so much work for the Thunder...

navy
01-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Literally no excuses. Best two players in the league and the number 1 defense?

He caught a "break" with Ibaka being injured. Although, let's be honest no other player would get that pass for a player that return in the same series.
Cant keep scapegoating Scott Brooks either.

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 11:08 PM
I agree Durant has had a better regular season than Kobe...I don't think he has a better playoffs.

Well...we are at an impasse. Because I think someone doesn't know basketball for shit if they think Pau is better than Westbrook.

I'm actually a stats guy, but some of you guys take it way too far. Basketball is not just that.

This is the same shit I had to say last year...can't believe I'm repping Kobe this much.
Let's put it this way for you.... put Westbrook on the Lakers for Pau and they don't win those rings. Saying otherwise would be idiotic. Dumb.

"well we don't know what would happen" Yes we do. They wouldn't win, period.

And Kobe faced WEAK competition in the finals. The 2012 Heat is one of the best teams ever. Dwight led Magic? Old ass Celtics? 2012 Thunder would wipe the ****ing floor with those teams and you know it.

Context. Context. Context. Kobe shot 6-24 in a game 7 and they still won. And let's not get started on Scott Brooks and Phil Jackson.

Joyner82reload
01-01-2015, 11:14 PM
Where the hell is this myth that Durant crumbles in the playoffs coming from? Aside from his first ever playoff series, Durant's playoff averages
29.2 ppg 8.3 rpg and 4.0 apg on 59.4 TS%
are equal to his regular season stats over that timeframe
29.0 ppg 7.5 rpg and 4.1 apg on 62.2 TS%

Oh man, his efficiency went down 2.8%. Who the hell doesn't shoot slightly worse in the playoffs than in the regular season. Durant being a poor playoff performer is an absolute joke, he's the #1 active playoff scorer in the NBA by more than a full point over LeBron. Oh and he's also the NBA's most efficient 25+ ppg playoff scorer in LEAGUE HISTORY

DMAVS41
01-01-2015, 11:17 PM
Let's put it this way for you.... put Westbrook on the Lakers for Pau and they don't win those rings. Saying otherwise would be idiotic. Dumb.

"well we don't know what would happen" Yes we do. They wouldn't win, period.

And Kobe faced WEAK competition in the finals. The 2012 Heat is one of the best teams ever. Dwight led Magic? Old ass Celtics? 2012 Thunder would wipe the ****ing floor with those teams and you know it.

Context. Context. Context. Kobe shot 6-24 in a game 7 and they still won. And let's not get started on Scott Brooks and Phil Jackson.

Kobe and WB together? It would depend on who they got in place of Pau...but holy shit. Those guys would be unstoppable. I definitely think they would win multiple titles together.

Context? You are repping a player that only got out of the first round because of Reggie ****ing Jackson.

Again...we aren't talking about Kobe vs Durant overall. We are talking about the best Kobe ever was. And I'd take 08 Kobe over any full year Durant has played to date.

You really gonna act like that is crazy?

I already said last year...Durant was better in the regular season, but I just wanted to see him carry it through in the playoffs.

And he didn't...all the things I was worried about happened. I was worried he would get bodied and pushed around. I was worried he'd turn it over a lot under pressure and be unable to handle it on the perimeter around smalls. I was worried he'd wear down a bit from playing so much all year.

You make it sound like Durant followed up his MVP regular season with a dominant playoffs and just didn't win because of bad luck or something. Dude wasn't even the best player on his own ****ing team in the playoffs and he still lost.

GTFO with this shit.

JohnFreeman
Kobe and WB together? It would depend on who they got in place of Pau...but holy shit. Those guys would be unstoppable. I definitely think they would win multiple titles together.

Context? You are repping a player that only got out of the first round because of Reggie ****ing Jackson.

Again...we aren't talking about Kobe vs Durant overall. We are talking about the best Kobe ever was. And I'd take 08 Kobe over any full year Durant has played to date.

I already said last year...Durant was better in the regular season, but I just wanted to see him carry it through in the playoffs.

And he didn't...all the things I was worried about happened. I was worried he would get bodied and pushed around. I was worried he'd turn it over a lot under pressure and be unable to handle it on the perimeter around smalls. I was worried he'd wear down a bit from playing so much all year.

You make it sound like Durant followed up his MVP regular season with a dominant playoffs and just didn't win because of bad luck or something. Dude wasn't even the best player on his own ****ing team in the playoffs and he still lost.

GTFO with this shit.
Damn.

JohnFreeman

GTFO with this shit.
Damn.

pauk
01-01-2015, 11:20 PM

You make it sound like these guys are/were equal or something.... What separated these two players is Lebrons IQ/decision making with the passing skills/vision and perhaps even more importantly his versatile defense, he is a 1st all-defensive team player and a two-time DPOY runner-up.... which he actually used many times to shut multiple positions down when it mattered the most at the very last seconds when opposing best player was about to hit a gametying or gamewinning shot....

Take his latest defensive example in the playoffs, when Ray Allen tied the game with that 3, Tony Parker had 7 something seconds to make a gamewinning shot and had Lebron on him..... do you remember what happened next?

Durant in any of those Miami teams would be able to fill the scoring shoes.... but not the other facets which were often the keys which literally sent Miami into the next series and/or finals.....

THATS the difference..... I love Kevin Durant, he is one awesome scorer, efficient, no complaints whatsoever from me, but compared to Lebron he is just that.... a scorer....

DMAVS41
01-01-2015, 11:20 PM
Where the hell is this myth that Durant crumbles in the playoffs coming from? Aside from his first ever playoff series, Durant's playoff averages
29.2 ppg 8.3 rpg and 4.0 apg on 59.4 TS%
are equal to his regular season stats over that timeframe
29.0 ppg 7.5 rpg and 4.1 apg on 62.2 TS%

Oh man, his efficiency went down 2.8%. Who the hell doesn't shoot slightly worse in the playoffs than in the regular season. Durant being a poor playoff performer is an absolute joke, he's the #1 active playoff scorer in the NBA by more than a full point over LeBron. Oh and he's also the NBA's most efficient 25+ ppg playoff scorer in LEAGUE HISTORY

Straw man argument. Literally by definition.

Nobody ever said that.

I said in order for me to put a player above Kobe Bryant at his absolute best...I need to see more than I've seen from Durant.

That isn't me or anyone I've seen say Durant routinely crumbles in the playoffs.

Again...last year it was better than peak Kobe before a second of playoff basketball is played. This year it's unanimous best player...and the dude has played 10 ****ing games.

Why are we in such a rush...let him earn it....let him prove it.

Joyner82reload
01-01-2015, 11:25 PM

GTFO with this shit.

Durant's 2014 playoffs("choker")
29.6 ppg 8.9 rpg 3.9 apg 57.0 TS%
LeBron's playoff stats in his 2 championship seasons
28.1 ppg 9.1 rpg 6.1 apg 58.0 TS%
Dirk's 2011 playoffs
27.7 ppg 8.1 rpg 2.5 apg 60.9 TS%
Kobe's playoff stats in his his last 2 championship seasons
29.7 ppg 5.7 rpg 5.5 apg 56.5 TS%

Yep, Durant was just garbage in last years playoffs.

JohnFreeman
01-01-2015, 11:26 PM
Dirk's 2011 playoffs

He disappeared in key stretches of games, and Westbrook was just better.

DMAVS41
01-01-2015, 11:28 PM
Dirk's 2011 playoffs
Kobe's playoff stats in his his last 2 championship seasons
29.7 ppg 5.7 rpg 5.5 apg 56.5 TS%

Not surprising...another straw man.

Who said he was garbage overall?

Joyner82reload
01-01-2015, 11:29 PM
You make it sound like these guys are/were equal or something.... What separated these two players is Lebrons IQ/decision making with the passing skills/vision and perhaps even more importantly his versatile defense, he is a 1st all-defensive team player and a two-time DPOY runner-up.... which he actually used many times to shut multiple positions down when it mattered the most at the very last seconds when opposing best player was about to hit a gametying or gamewinning shot....

Take his latest defensive example in the playoffs, when Ray Allen tied the game with that 3, Tony Parker had 7 something seconds to make a gamewinning shot and had Lebron on him..... do you remember what happened next?

Durant in any of those Miami teams would be able to fill the scoring shoes.... but not the other facets which were often the keys which literally sent Miami into the next series and/or finals.....

THATS the difference..... I love Kevin Durant, he is one awesome scorer, efficient, no complaints whatsoever from me, but compared to Lebron he is just that.... a scorer....

LOL. He's an off the ball small forward who averaged 5.5 assists per game last season. That's more than Jordan or Kobe averaged for their entire careers. Unlike LeBron, Durant can actually help his team when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. Don't compare a ball hog who is 1 dimensional(has to have the ball to impact the game) in LeBron, to a multi-faceted all around player like Durant.

JohnFreeman
01-01-2015, 11:31 PM
LOL. He's an off the ball small forward who averaged 5.5 assists per game last season. That's more than Jordan or Kobe averaged for their entire careers. Unlike LeBron, Durant can actually help his team when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. Don't compare a ball hog who is 1 dimensional(has to have the ball to impact the game) in LeBron, to a multi-faceted all around player like Durant.

Joyner82reload
01-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Not surprising...another straw man.

Who said he was garbage overall?

He played just as well as many other players who won championships, it just so happened his 3rd best player was injured and they ran into a buzzsaw in SA.

DMAVS41
01-01-2015, 11:32 PM
He played just as well as many other players who won championships, it just so happened his 3rd best player was injured and they ran into a buzzsaw in SA.

Totally agree he played as well as others that won overall.

Not sure how that means he's better than Kobe ever was or should be deemed the unanimous best player in the game this year after only playing 10 games.

Budadiiii
01-01-2015, 11:47 PM

GTFO with this shit.
Durant scores more than Kobe on better efficiency but Kobe and Westbrook would be unstoppable. WHAT? So you think Kobe is that much better at playmaking, defending, rebounding, and overall leadership and impact even though he's really not?

Please elaborate on this. You have no idea what you're talking about dude, it's really sad.

DMAVS41
01-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Durant scores more than Kobe on better efficiency but Kobe and Westbrook would be unstoppable. WHAT? So you think Kobe is that much better at playmaking, defending, rebounding, and overall leadership and impact even though he's really not?

Please elaborate on this. You have no idea what you're talking about dude, it's really sad.

I think Durant and Westbrook is unstoppable and will win multiple titles.

You are confused.

I've said this repeatedly...this isn't about comparing Kobe to Durant overall as players. It's about comparing the very best Kobe ever was...his true peak...to Durant last year and now I guess this year.

Yea...give me Kobe.

That's all I've ever said. And even went on record that I'd take Durant if he kept it up in the playoffs last year. He did not...so I'd take Kobe over him.

Not a big gap, but I'd rather have Kobe at his best than the player I saw in Durant last year in the playoffs...where in the two biggest games of the year he went a combined 11 of 43 iirc...and happened to win both because of his loaded team. Again...not enough for me.

I don't even think I rank Durant worse than you...it's that a rank Kobe higher than you.

Budadiiii
01-02-2015, 12:02 AM
I think Durant and Westbrook is unstoppable and will win multiple titles.

You are confused.

I've said this repeatedly...this isn't about comparing Kobe to Durant overall as players. It's about comparing the very best Kobe ever was...his true peak...to Durant last year and now I guess this year.

Yea...give me Kobe.

That's all I've ever said. And even went on record that I'd take Durant if he kept it up in the playoffs last year. He did not...so I'd take Kobe over him.

Not a big gap, but I'd rather have Kobe at his best than the player I saw in Durant last year in the playoffs...where in the two biggest games of the year he went a combined 11 of 43 iirc...and happened to win both because of his loaded team. Again...not enough for me.

I don't even think I rank Durant worse than you...it's that a rank Kobe higher than you.
And Kobe hasn't shot putrid in important playoff games? :banghead:

Durant has had a better regular season AND post season than Kobe. It's that simple buddy.

Durant right now is better and more impactful than peak Kobe, and he's not even reached his full form. Stats back it up and you are a stats guy.

The only argument you have is the 5 rings.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 12:07 AM
And Kobe hasn't shot putrid in important playoff games? :banghead:

Durant has had a better regular season AND post season than Kobe. It's that simple buddy.

Durant right now is better and more impactful than peak Kobe, and he's not even reached his full form. Stats back it up and you are a stats guy.

The only argument you have is the 5 rings.

No...just no.

Kobe at his best in the playoffs was better than Durant last year in the playoffs.

Are you telling me you think KD last year in the playoffs was better than Kobe ever was?

Please answer.

Budadiiii
01-02-2015, 12:13 AM
No...just no.

Kobe at his best in the playoffs was better than Durant last year in the playoffs.

Are you telling me you think KD last year in the playoffs was better than Kobe ever was?

Please answer.
No.. but he was in 2012. And hell yes Durant wins a ring playing like that if he had the roster and coaching Kobe has had.

Durant clearly didn't play up to his standards last year. Just like Kobe didn't in 04.

He shot 38% in the finals. So you're holding one year against Durant and not doing it with Kobe. There are a ton of other examples BTW

I'm saying Durant in 2012 was better than anything Kobe did in the playoffs and he also had a better regular season than Kobe ever had.

And it's clear he's just a more impactful player and will continue to prove he's better. But you're just gonna wait till he wins a ring because that's all you're holding on to.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 12:20 AM
No.. but he was in 2012. And hell yes Durant wins a ring playing like that if he had the roster and coaching Kobe has had.

Durant clearly didn't play up to his standards last year. Just like Kobe didn't in 04.

He shot 38% in the finals. So you're holding one year against Durant and not doing it with Kobe. There are a ton of other examples BTW

I'm saying Durant in 2012 was better than anything Kobe did in the playoffs and he also had a better regular season than Kobe ever had.

And it's clear he's just a more impactful player and will continue to prove he's better. But you're just gonna wait till he wins a ring because that's all you're holding on to.

I'm not sure what you want me to say.

I really really really disagree. And I like Durant more...think he has more upside than Kobe ever had...and will surpass him, perhaps it's this year.

But I don't think Durant in 12 was better than Kobe ever was...not gonna sit here and say it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard or knock Durant too much because he's amazing, but I just really disagree with you there.

Budadiiii
01-02-2015, 12:26 AM
I'm not sure what you want me to say.

I really really really disagree. And I like Durant more...think he has more upside than Kobe ever had...and will surpass him, perhaps it's this year.

But I don't think Durant in 12 was better than Kobe ever was...not gonna sit here and say it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard or knock Durant too much because he's amazing, but I just really disagree with you there.
What year do you consider Kobes best?

Talking playoffs here. Let's see if we can compare them with context.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 12:29 AM
What year do you consider Kobes best?

Talking playoffs here. Let's see if we can compare them with context.

Just playoffs. I think I'd probably take 01, 08, and 09 Kobe over 12 Durant.

Budadiiii
01-02-2015, 12:39 AM
Just playoffs. I think I'd probably take 01, 08, and 09 Kobe over 12 Durant.
Stats don't really back you up on this.

Are you using the eye test? I saw Durant hit 3 game winners and close out the Lakers and Spurs in epic fashion. Too bad Harden shit the bad and didn't match up well against a healthy 2012 Heat team who were hungrier than ever and at their best form.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 12:47 AM
And I'll go ahead and give my response now because I know already what you are going to post in the numbers and say.

Here is why I like Kobe better in the years mentioned:

I'd rather have the ball in Kobe's hands...pretty easily...than Durant's. He's a better creator out of nothing and better pick and roll player and better passer in general. Now, you might counter with Durant's value off the ball, but I really think this is over-rated for Durant.

Durant isn't Dirk. You can cover Duran with a small so he doesn't stretch the floor out in such a huge way. Durant doesn't have a reliable post game either. No doubt he can play out of the post, but it's not elite or reliable...even against smalls.

So I really think Durant's off ball value and even his playmaking is a bit over-rated here.

This is why I think Durant fans are way too hard on WB. So many times plays breakdown because Durant is pushed off his spot and what is the point of throwing it to him with a small on him 25 feet from the basket with his loose handle? It doesn't work consistently...which is why you see WB break shit off and attack. It's part of the plan...it also protects Durant's efficiency quite a bit...especially in the playoffs. A lot of the impossible shots that a guy like Kobe got stuck with...are actually being taken by WB.

I also like Kobe's wing post game better. I think that is a super valuable asset in the playoffs...in a much bigger way than the regular season. Walking into threes just doesn't happen as often in the playoffs late in close games...and being able to produce in the half court by manufacturing offense in multiple ways is something I think peak Kobe has on 12 Durant.

Kobe, in the years I mentioned...except maybe 09....was a demonstrably better man to man defender. As over-rated as I think Kobe's defense is overall...he had an ability to lock guys down in a way I've yet to see Durant show.

Kobe also strikes me as a smarter player. Not in terms of shot selection, but in terms of being able to play within a system. Granted coaching matters here...and perhaps Durant would be a far better player than we've seen to date under a guy like Phil. I just don't know how to factor that in.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 12:50 AM
Stats don't really back you up on this.

Are you using the eye test? I saw Durant hit 3 game winners and close out the Lakers and Spurs in epic fashion. Too bad Harden shit the bad and didn't match up well against a healthy 2012 Heat team who were hungrier than ever and at their best form.

What stats are you talking about?

I'd imagine they'll be close enough that there won't be a clear cut answer. If, however, there is something I am missing I gladly will change my tune.

Like...just looking at 08 briefly. Kobe's stats are hugely impacted by the finals....where he faced an all time great defense. A level of defense nobody Durant faced in 12 even touches. In fact, I'd argue the Spurs defense in 08 was better than anyone Durant faced in 12.

Going into the finals Kobe was at 32/6/6 61%TS. I just don't see any reason to take Durant over that...especially when I think all the above about defense, playmaking, getting off his own shot from anywhere...etc.

Playing an all time great defense doesn't make Kobe worse.

Heavincent
01-02-2015, 01:03 AM
And I like Durant more...think he has more upside than Kobe ever had...and will surpass him, perhaps it's this year.

Huh?

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 01:05 AM
Huh?

What?

navy
01-02-2015, 01:05 AM
Huh?
Peak wise probably.

masonanddixon
01-02-2015, 01:06 AM
Right now Durant is straight balling but his defense is still terrible.

Heavincent
01-02-2015, 01:06 AM
What?

It's not possible for Durant to surpass Kobe this year, no matter what he does.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 01:07 AM
It's not possible for Durant to surpass Kobe this year, no matter what he does.

We were solely talking peak play.

And yes...it is. If Durant balls out all season like he did last year and then has a great playoffs...he absolutely could surpass peak Kobe.

20Four
01-02-2015, 01:09 AM
Easily he is next to kobe

Ariza4three
01-02-2015, 01:10 AM
Easily he is next to kobe
Kobe blows ass you dimwit.

Heavincent
01-02-2015, 01:15 AM
We were solely talking peak play.

And yes...it is. If Durant balls out all season like he did last year and then has a great playoffs...he absolutely could surpass peak Kobe.

Oh, I thought you were talking about it in a historical context.

Still, it would be hard for Durant to overtake 08 Kobe.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 01:23 AM
Oh, I thought you were talking about it in a historical context.

Still, it would be hard for Durant to overtake 08 Kobe.

Yes...that is what I've been arguing. Kobe seems absurdly under-rated here if people really think Durant was better than Kobe ever was in 12.

SillyRabbit
01-02-2015, 05:26 AM
Durant has been the best player in the NBA since the beginning of last season.

J Shuttlesworth
01-02-2015, 05:34 AM
Yes...that is what I've been arguing. Kobe seems absurdly under-rated here if people really think Durant was better than Kobe ever was in 12.
What's your take on Durant vs. prime LeBron? You think Durant would be leading that Cleveland team to the finals where they faced the Spurs? Or would he be able to have those dominant elimination games against the Celtics/Pacers without Bosh? Or make it to the finals in 2011? Looking for your opinion DMAVS, and not so much the biased trolls

mehyaM24
01-02-2015, 05:41 AM
im with most posters on this. you got to wait until the postseason to make that call. last year, durant was not only the favorite for mvp, but looked to be the best player on the planet.....

postseason rolls around and lebron outplayed him, considerably, lamenting his crown.

kd has ALL the tools to be the best player - he's got to showcase them when it REALLY matters though.

PsychoBe
01-02-2015, 05:44 AM
im with most posters on this. you got to wait until the postseason to make that call. last year, durant was not only the favorite for mvp, but looked to be the best player on the planet.....

postseason rolls around and lebron outplayed him, considerably, lamenting his crown.

kd has ALL the tools to be the best player - he's got to showcase them when it REALLY matters though.

kd would look better too if he went against the lolcats, the nets, and the imploded pacers :facepalm

there is literally no comparison. he also won more games against the spurs than bran did and pushed them much further.

mehyaM24
01-02-2015, 05:50 AM
kd would look better too if he went against the lolcats, the nets, and the imploded pacers :facepalm

there is literally no comparison. he also won more games against the spurs than bran did and pushed them much further.

doubt it. i mean, lebron looked far more dominant against san antonio than durant did, who had games of 6/16 & 8/19 shooting (what he does best).

like i said, durant has the ability to show IT, but when postseason comes around he folds, as in, plays substantially worse.

with lebron resting, this is his time to shine though.

SillyRabbit
01-02-2015, 06:01 AM

Lol what?

2014 Post Season

LeBron: 27.4 PPG, 4.8 AST, 7.1 REB

Durant: 29.6 PPG, 3.9 AST, 8.9 REB

In what would did LeBron outplay Durant considerably?

LeBron played:

Charlotte
Brooklyn
Indiana
San Antonio

Meanwhile Durant played:

Memphis
LA Clippers
San Antonio

Durant's series against Memphis was harder than LeBron's 1st two opponents combined.

mehyaM24
01-02-2015, 06:07 AM
Lol what?

2014 Post Season

LeBron: 27.4 PPG, 4.8 AST, 7.1 REB

Durant: 29.6 PPG, 3.9 AST, 8.9 REB

In what would did LeBron outplay Durant considerably?

LeBron played:

Charlotte
Brooklyn
Indiana
San Antonio

Meanwhile Durant played:

Memphis
LA Clippers
San Antonio

Durant's series against Memphis was harder than LeBron's 1st two opponents combined.

raw stats wont tell you the WHOLE story.

lebron had a better player efficiency rating: 31.1 to durant's 22.6

lebron also had a higher rapm (real +/-)

of course - when you factor in that lebron ALSO outplayed durant, against san antonio, despite playing better defenses the first 3 rounds, its not all that close.

again, im not "hating" on durant. i actually think he WILL be the best player after its all said and done this year - but i dont let that get in the way of #facts

SillyRabbit
01-02-2015, 06:14 AM
raw stats wont tell you the WHOLE story.

lebron had a better player efficiency rating: 31.1 to durant's 22.6

lebron also had a higher rapm (real +/-)

of course - when you factor in that lebron ALSO outplayed durant, against san antonio, despite playing better defenses the first 3 rounds, its not all that close.

again, im not "hating" on durant. i actually think he WILL be the best player after its all said and done this year - but i dont let that get in the way of #facts

???

Charlotte and Brooklyn are better defenses than Memphis and LA Clippers?

Whatever you say. :lol

mehyaM24
01-02-2015, 06:18 AM
???

Charlotte and Brooklyn are better defenses than Memphis and LA Clippers?

Whatever you say. :lol

no

charlotte and the pacers were better defenses, as per defensive rating.

gotta do your research next time :cheers:

SamuraiSWISH
01-02-2015, 06:33 AM
charlotte and the pacers were better defenses, as per defensive rating.
Yea, but not better basketball teams. Which is more important.

mehyaM24
01-02-2015, 06:39 AM
Yea, but not better basketball teams. Which is more important.
pacers were better than both IMO.

i think the most important thing here, is that lebron was quite clearly the best player in last years playoffs.

dunksby
01-02-2015, 06:49 AM

i think the most important thing here, is that lebron was quite clearly the best player in last years playoffs.
You reek of insecurity.

SamuraiSWISH
01-02-2015, 06:50 AM
Nah they weren't. Especially not considering their historic self implosion in the 2nd half of the season. A dramatic, and swift fall from grace.

That was like a 30 for 30 documentary in the making.

Pacers proved to be overhyped, and mentally weak ... led by 3x knuckle head players who were essentially not as good as advertised.

So no, I personally don't think the 2014 Pacers were better than either of those squads. Pretty sure many would agree with me on that too. That team became a punchline by the time the playoff came around.

They should've been better than the 2013 team, and were easily worse.

masonanddixon
01-02-2015, 06:50 AM

lol no he wasn;t. Not even top 8

mehyaM24
01-02-2015, 07:03 AM
lol no he wasn;t. Not even top 8
trolling or legit crazy?

SillyRabbit
01-02-2015, 07:04 AM

Lmao.

Durant was the best player in the world during the regular season, and nothing LeBron did in the playoffs changed that.

The most you could possibly argue is that Durant and LeBron had equal playoff outings. I personally think Durant was more impressive because he faced better teams.

Not sure how you think LeBron losing in 5 to San Antonio is more impressive than Durant losing in 6, especially when Durant didn't have Ibaka for the first two games.

Durant has been the best player in the NBA since the beginning of the 2013-2014 season and it looks like it's going to stay that way for quite a while.

BigTicket
01-02-2015, 07:11 AM
I would probably pick Durant as the best player right now, but it's definitely not unanimous.

There are lots of people who would argue that he is not even be the best player on his own team.

mehyaM24
01-02-2015, 07:11 AM
Durant was the best player in the world during the regular season, and nothing LeBron did in the playoffs changed that.

they were close in the regular season. we both agree.

lebron's clear advantage in PER and RAPM in the postseason trumps kd for 'player of the year' though.

Not sure how you think LeBron losing in 5 to San Antonio is more impressive than Durant losing in 6, especially when Durant didn't have Ibaka for the first two games.

lebron didn't have westbrook outplaying him (westbrook had a higher PER and RAPM than durant in the postseason).

lebron also put up better stats than kd did against san antonio. far more efficient, if you value efficiency of course.

masonanddixon
01-02-2015, 08:24 AM
trolling or legit crazy?

Lebron was pure shit last postseason.

Couldn't even win more than one game off a team that old man Dirk and Monta outplayed.

Spurs5Rings2014
01-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Lebron was pure shit last postseason.

Couldn't even win more than one game off a team that old man Dirk and Monta outplayed.

Outplayed to a first round exit.

Trollsmasher
01-02-2015, 08:40 AM
someone post Durant's G4 against Memphis highlights

oh wait there are only Jackson's highlights from that game

riseagainst
01-02-2015, 11:49 AM
1. Durant
2. A. Davis

Kingwillball
01-02-2015, 02:26 PM
This thread is meant for trolling right ? Assuming not serious.

Kingwillball
01-02-2015, 02:28 PM
I would probably pick Durant as the best player right now, but it's definitely not unanimous.

There are lots of people who would argue that he is not even be the best player on his own team.

Exactly so how would he be best player in world nobody in basketball would call Westbrook best player in world except dunces on this board.

K Xerxes
01-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Some revisionist history with Durant's playoffs last year. He didn't have a particularly bad one, but it was disappointing after the regular season he had. Tony Allen completely got into his head and OKC would have been 3-1 down were it not for some Reggie Jackson heroics. Performed well against the Clippers, but was questionable at times when Chris Paul (really??) defended him. Definitely underperformed against the Spurs. Not to mention that Westbrook arguably outperformed him, particularly with his energy and hustle on both ends of the court.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Some revisionist history with Durant's playoffs last year. He didn't have a particularly bad one, but it was disappointing after the regular season he had. Tony Allen completely got into his head and OKC would have been 3-1 down were it not for some Reggie Jackson heroics. Performed well against the Clippers, but was questionable at times when Chris Paul (really??) defended him. Definitely underperformed against the Spurs. Not to mention that Westbrook arguably outperformed him, particularly with his energy and hustle on both ends of the court.

Well said.

It's a straw man...nobody is saying Durant was bad. Historically...he was quite good in my opinion.

But he wasn't good enough to surpass peak Kobe in last years' playoffs.

tpols
01-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Outplayed to a first round exit.

If the heat saw the spurs in the first round.. Do you really think they'd beat them?

ImKobe
01-02-2015, 06:11 PM

This season? He needs more games to prove it. When he's healthy he's definitely at the top of the list, but this season we've seen a lot of players step up to the plate.

He isn't unanimous.