View Full Version : What's your favorite DBZ saga

Rodmantheman
01-02-2015, 03:04 AM
http://i.gyazo.com/bd7b34e40dfe858ad2654b4b785e2b8a.png

Before it all went downhill.

That_Admiral
01-02-2015, 03:17 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3383025/goku-super-saiyan-o.gif
Frieza saga, just because of this. G.O.A.T in cartoon history!

Rodmantheman
01-02-2015, 03:19 AM
Obviously Namek/Frieza. Don't even like Goku, but that Frieza vs Goku battle was GOAT.

Before everyone started becoming super sayian.

iTare
01-02-2015, 03:31 AM
ALthough i do believe that the frieza saga was the most important and most rational saga, i still prefer the cell saga due to the fact that gohan was my favorite character.

bballnoob1192
01-02-2015, 04:59 AM
ALthough i do believe that the frieza saga was the most important and most rational saga, i still prefer the cell saga due to the fact that gohan was my favorite character.

yea gohan SSJ2 was just as amazing as Goku SSJ1. The build up and hints at Gohan surpassing everyone was so cool and exciting. Then they had to ****ing ruin his story cuz too many retards QQ about Goku not being the strongest anymore.........and Mystic Gohan = :facepalm (although he was stronger than SSJ3 Goku)

bballnoob1192
01-02-2015, 05:00 AM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/107/a/8/ssj2_gohan___full_power__animation__by_2d75-d4wkah6.gif

Micku
01-02-2015, 05:49 AM
Cell Saga. It was the sh1t.

Trunks, Vegeta turning SSJ, Piccolo being a badass for like the final time, and the passing of the torch from Goku to Gohan. I know it was taken back during the Buu saga cuz of fans bitchin, but this shot was epic:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120815134107/dragonball/images/b/bd/Gohan-blast.jpg

Bandito
01-02-2015, 06:21 AM
yea gohan SSJ2 was just as amazing as Goku SSJ1. The build up and hints at Gohan surpassing everyone was so cool and exciting. Then they had to ****ing ruin his story cuz too many retards QQ about Goku not being the strongest anymore.........and Mystic Gohan = :facepalm (although he was stronger than SSJ3 Goku)
Mystic Gohan wasn't stronger than SSJ3 Goku, he just didn't have that loss of stamina Super Saiyans have so he could stay that powerful for a long time.

highwhey
01-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Dumb mfers. Goku is like Lisa Ann, any video with ether one is fap worthy

CJ Mustard
01-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Frieza saga, easy. Best villain, most epic fight, best storyline (finally getting revenge for Frieza taking out Planet Vegeta). Buu was wack, and Cell didn't have a strong story, he was just an android who absorbed insignificant characters. He was cool I guess, but the fact that Frieza took out planets including the entire saiyan race trumps anything Cell did as a villain.

iTare
01-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Mystic Gohan wasn't stronger than SSJ3 Goku, he just didn't have that loss of stamina Super Saiyans have so he could stay that powerful for a long time.
You're wrong. Don't even respond because I will squash you.

Le Shaqtus
01-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Frieza

fpliii
01-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Dragon Ball was in its prime from the Piccolo Daimao saga (original DB) through Freeza (DBZ). Cell isn't bad either. The early DB stuff is kinda lame, and I never got into Buu.

You're wrong. Don't even respond because I will squash you.
Mystic Gohan is much stronger than SSJ3 Goku (Mystic Gohan>SSJ3 Gotenks post-ROSAT>SSJ Gotenks post-ROSAT>base Gotenks post-ROSAT>SSJ Gotenks pre-ROSAT=SSJ3 Goku, since both were sensed from Kaioshin's planet), but the Buu Saga was super convoluted.

Timmy D for MVP
01-02-2015, 06:46 PM

Yes he was. He was supposed to end the series as the most powerful in the Universe.

"Gohan is the strongest in the Universe but doesn't do craaaap." One of the best TFS lines.

The Namek/Freiza saga was the best. I like Cell a lot, and I like badass Gohan, but the Ginyu, Super Piccolo, the first SSJ... that saga was GOAT.

sweggeh
01-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Cell saga

Shut up Jameer you bitch ass. You talked too much shit about DBZ to be kissing its ass now.

Legends66NBA7
01-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Frieza saga without hesitation.

That's when the series was supposed to end, but because the popularity of the SSJ and the potential new story, the Cell Saga was created. After that, it was supposed to be the ending and Son-Gohan to be the final hero, but the fans wanted Son-Goku to be alive and the hero, so the final Buu Saga was created and finally over. The Buu Saga (and DBGT) really brought it downhill in quality. Basically, the creator didn't give a shit after all the demands and just sold out.

And I don't get why people are using the anime as canon. Manga > Anime. It's information is fully accurate. Son-Gohan at the end of the story was the most powerful non-fusion character (Vegetto is most powerful overall in the manga) in the series. That's how great his hidden potential was and I never really liked Son-Gohan. Future Son-Gohan is a badass, though.

iTare
01-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Goku vs Vageta
Goku vs Cell

Don't care about the rest.
Not even 17 vs Piccolo?
Show bot some love.

iTare
01-02-2015, 10:07 PM
I would if he behaved less like a human.

Although the fight was pretty underrated, since it didn't even come across my mind.
Great fight.

MavsSuperFan
01-02-2015, 10:44 PM
This is very wrong.

Only anime filler makes it somewhat questionable.

But the manga is clear, Mystic Gohan is by far the strongest non-fused z warrior

Lebron23
01-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Cell Saga

Micku
01-02-2015, 11:36 PM
Dragon Ball was in its prime from the Piccolo Daimao saga (original DB) through Freeza (DBZ). Cell isn't bad either. The early DB stuff is kinda lame, and I never got into Buu.

DB from the first tournament till Cell Saga was great for me. The Jackie Chun vs Goku fight was awesome, and I loved it since then.

I like the Buu saga as well. It isn't my fave, but I really liked Buu as a villain. Some entertaining stuff with Gotenks, Majin Vegeta vs Goku (love that fight and Vegeta's dialogue during it), and Gohan when he fought Super Buu for that short time. Buu killing all the humans and destroying the planet boost him up on the villain role. But I do think Freeza takes the cake in terms of the best villain in DB.

DBGT sucked ass. I couldn't believe how sucky it was when I watched it compared to DB. Ew.

Megabox!
01-02-2015, 11:43 PM
DB from the first tournament till Cell Saga was great for me. The Jackie Chun vs Goku fight was awesome, and I loved it since then.

I like the Buu saga as well. It isn't my fave, but I really liked Buu as a villain. Some entertaining stuff with Gotenks, Majin Vegeta vs Goku (love that fight and Vegeta's dialogue during it), and Gohan when he fought Super Buu for that short time. Buu killing all the humans and destroying the planet boost him up on the villain role. But I do think Freeza takes the cake in terms of the best villain in DB.

DBGT sucked ass. I couldn't believe how sucky it was when I watched it. Ew.
I remember reading that Toriyama wasn't involved in GT that's why it sucked so much, the only reason people watched it in the first place was to see Super Saiyan 4.

BurningHammer
01-02-2015, 11:51 PM
Buu Saga is like a parody of itself, with Mr. Satan as the real hero of the Saga.

I like Saiyan Saga the most. Nappa beasting was nasty.

longhornfan1234
01-02-2015, 11:58 PM
1. Frieza
2. Boo

No other saga compares.

zoom17
01-02-2015, 11:59 PM

DBGT sucked ass. I couldn't believe how sucky it was when I watched it compared to DB. Ew.

What annoyed me was in the beginning of the series turning super saiyan was so rare. Goku turning super sayian for the first time was one of the best moments of the series. Fast forward into the series damn near every saiyan is super super saiyan even goten like really.

MavsSuperFan
01-03-2015, 12:00 AM
Buu Saga is like a parody of itself, with Mr. Satan as the real hero of the Saga.

I like Saiyan Saga the most. Nappa beasting was nasty.
How so?

he didnt manage to prevent buu from becoming super buu
Later good buu was irrelevant vs kid buu

Buu saga fails for other reasons though.

1. Why didnt they just transport Gohan to fight Kid Buu?
Mystic Gohan would have crushed Kid Buu.
2. after realizing how strong Buu was Vegeta should have relented and done the fusion dance with goku to fight kid buu
3. The whole saga could have been prevented if Goku, vegeta and Gohan fought in a different order on babdii's ship, or if goku had been smart and killed dabura. The whole saga is based on vegeta's dumb decisions

embersyc
01-03-2015, 12:01 AM
Frieza is obviously the best saga, but Androids/Cell is a nice arc as well, until the ending which is sloppy.

I also like the earlier parts of Majin Buu saga, especially the fight between Goku and Majin Vegeta, but overall that saga goes on far too long and gets far too ridiculous.

zoom17
01-03-2015, 12:18 AM
I liked Goku and Vegeta as supers. But I think Gohan should've fought cell in normal form and then gone Mystic instead of ssj2. Would've made more sense with him being a cross between human and saiyan. And little Goten and Trunks should never have been ssj in my opinion.

MJistheGOAT
01-03-2015, 01:40 AM
1) Frieza saga. The original ending, epic 3-way (Earthlings, Vegeta and Frieza). Awesome fights, first SSJ transformation and the best fight of the series: Goku vs Frieza.

2) Cell saga. A lot of SSJ, Vegeta beasting. Trunks. Cell was a cool and inteligent villain. Best transformation of series: Gohan SSJ2. 2nd best fight: Gohan vs Cell. Honorable mention Kamiccolo vs 17.

3) King Piccolo saga. First serious "world in danger" saga, first really powerful and totally evil villain. Orgasmic fight Goku vs Piccolo

Lebron23
01-04-2015, 02:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NVdyvCyTnE

Great Speech by Vegeta

My motivation was very different than Kakarott's. My motivation was to be the best, to be the greatest Saiyan alive as I always have been, until Kakarott came into the picture. Kakarott's success was like a demon in my head. How could he be a super Saiyan when I the prince of all Saiyans could not? The intensity of my training was maddening. At four hundred and fifty times Earth's normal gravity a basic training game became a desperate struggle for survival. Even the simplest moves required every ounce of willpower I had. I wasn't sure how long I could sustain the effort without breaking in two. It seemed like the only thing holding my body together was my one desire to be better than Kakarott. At times I thought I was losing my mind. Why couldn't I obtain what Kakarott had obtained? It didn't make sense. It was infuriating and it was my fury that kept me alive. I decided to continue my training in the solitude of space where I would be unhindered by the distractions of the Earth and when a violent electrical storm erupted in the skies of the planet I was on, I welcomed it. It seemed fitting like it was an outward manifestation of the storm that was raging inside of me. Then the meteors started coming down but I was determined to survive and to protect my ship from destruction. It was my only way out, my only way off that nightmarish heap of rubble. I thought I had everything under control but then the mother of all meteors seemed to appear out of nowhere to claim my ship and my life. Normally it would have been child's play to blow up that rock but after training at four hundred and fifty times normal gravity for so long it took everything I had and more. "Kakkkk karot...." Then something just snapped, something inside of me. "No! No more! That's it! I don't care!" I didn't care anymore. I didn't care about being better than Kakarott. I didn't care about being a super Saiyan. I didn't care if I lived! I didn't care about anything and then IT happened. Yes, that's how it happened. That's how I became a super Saiyan. The sleeper has awakened. I am the prince of all Saiyans once again!"

Micku
01-04-2015, 06:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NVdyvCyTnE

Great Speech by Vegeta

My motivation was very different than Kakarott's. My motivation was to be the best, to be the greatest Saiyan alive as I always have been, until Kakarott came into the picture. Kakarott's success was like a demon in my head. How could he be a super Saiyan when I the prince of all Saiyans could not? The intensity of my training was maddening. At four hundred and fifty times Earth's normal gravity a basic training game became a desperate struggle for survival. Even the simplest moves required every ounce of willpower I had. I wasn't sure how long I could sustain the effort without breaking in two. It seemed like the only thing holding my body together was my one desire to be better than Kakarott. At times I thought I was losing my mind. Why couldn't I obtain what Kakarott had obtained? It didn't make sense. It was infuriating and it was my fury that kept me alive. I decided to continue my training in the solitude of space where I would be unhindered by the distractions of the Earth and when a violent electrical storm erupted in the skies of the planet I was on, I welcomed it. It seemed fitting like it was an outward manifestation of the storm that was raging inside of me. Then the meteors started coming down but I was determined to survive and to protect my ship from destruction. It was my only way out, my only way off that nightmarish heap of rubble. I thought I had everything under control but then the mother of all meteors seemed to appear out of nowhere to claim my ship and my life. Normally it would have been child's play to blow up that rock but after training at four hundred and fifty times normal gravity for so long it took everything I had and more. "Kakkkk karot...." Then something just snapped, something inside of me. "No! No more! That's it! I don't care!" I didn't care anymore. I didn't care about being better than Kakarott. I didn't care about being a super Saiyan. I didn't care if I lived! I didn't care about anything and then IT happened. Yes, that's how it happened. That's how I became a super Saiyan. The sleeper has awakened. I am the prince of all Saiyans once again!"

This basically sums up that Vegeta speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b65MLS6_w9Q#t=07m34s

My favorite Vegeta speech is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmvRJOHMhaw#t=22m24s

"Every breath you take is an insult to my honor." Chills bro. Chills.

Majin Vegeta had some epic lines. Vegeta period had some good speeches, lol.

CJ Mustard
01-04-2015, 06:20 AM
:oldlol: I always liked Vegeta, but I also found it hilarious how many times he got his ass handed to him after talking shit. He never seemed to be on Goku/Gohan's level despite running his mouth and training harder than anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5m3f739tP0

bballnoob1192
01-05-2015, 04:41 AM
:oldlol: I always liked Vegeta, but I also found it hilarious how many times he got his ass handed to him after talking shit. He never seemed to be on Goku/Gohan's level despite running his mouth and training harder than anyone.

he has CP3 syndrome. you know short man that seems to always be trying to prove themselves against everyone.

Lebron23
11-17-2021, 04:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wwbKbnanH0

The Tournament of Power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1yrGnLG23A

Manny98
11-17-2021, 01:29 PM
Frieza saga

2much_knowledge
11-17-2021, 03:25 PM
Android saga and the start of cell saga

From the warnings of trunks to the explanation of imperfect cells origins to piccolo. Mysterious and intriguing a.f

Love it when imperfect cell beats down piccolo and 17 and then we get shocked at how good was 16

After that, the saga went downhill

fsvr54
11-17-2021, 03:42 PM

It's the writers' fault lol. Vegeta should've had much more "winning moments"

Gohan
11-17-2021, 04:53 PM
Android saga and the start of cell saga

From the warnings of trunks to the explanation of imperfect cells origins to piccolo. Mysterious and intriguing a.f

Love it when imperfect cell beats down piccolo and 17 and then we get shocked at how good was 16

After that, the saga went downhill

What you mean my nikka? The saga was the shit when i clapped cells punk ass. I put the decks on that dude when he made me mad

2much_knowledge
11-17-2021, 05:34 PM
What you mean my nikka? The saga was the shit when i clapped cells punk ass. I put the decks on that dude when he made me mad

That part yeah. Ssj 2 was Godly but i mean that semi perfect cell was cringe and it got predictable. Time chamber, fall short , more time chamber, fall short again

Lebron23
11-18-2021, 04:59 AM
https://scontent.fmnl8-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/258445476_619764619462405_631986041251767887_n.png ?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_eui2=AeG02ABFQVYe_ZXQwBe6BaHGebvQh-kPQy95u9CH6Q9DLz83efq-1o8TS9j8aZF8WbJJH0XUF6NeCG0kzoDf2kpS&_nc_ohc=0b3Bagp3K34AX9hhY2p&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl8-2.fna&oh=9b75e05a113517c0702b2859c1861dbb&oe=61BA4E02