PDA

View Full Version : Kostas Papanikolaou GOAT GREEK player in Houston Rockets?

duskovujosevic
01-02-2015, 11:55 AM
He already surpasses Vassilis Shitnoulis.

Shitnoulis stats: 31 games 2.7pts
Papanikolau 5.8 pts in only 23 games. Probably 10+ pts player by the end of April.

Dr.J4ever
01-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Truly, he's actually a good looking player. He's active defensively, he can rebound, shoot, can handle the rock some, can pass, and has decent athleticism. He earned a spot on the Rocket rotation earlier in the season, and then he got injured, and suddenly now, he's not on the rotation.

Can someone explain this?

iamgine
01-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Truly, he's actually a good looking player. He's active defensively, he can rebound, shoot, can handle the rock some, can pass, and has decent athleticism. He earned a spot on the Rocket rotation earlier in the season, and then he got injured, and suddenly now, he's not on the rotation.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/4313_Brewer.jpg
http://passionsdesalon.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/josh-smith.jpg

ElPigto
01-02-2015, 02:38 PM

Josh Smith and Corey Brewer robbed him of all his minutes. I'm pretty pissed that McHale is not playing him though. I still feel we could reduce Ariza's and Harden's minutes if we gave Papa a few minutes (plus cut Joey Dorsey from the rotation).

Dr.J4ever
01-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Josh Smith and Corey Brewer robbed him of all his minutes. I'm pretty pissed that McHale is not playing him though. I still feel we could reduce Ariza's and Harden's minutes if we gave Papa a few minutes (plus cut Joey Dorsey from the rotation).

I guess you're a Rocket fan?

Mchale seemed to trust him earlier in the year, and Kostas seemed to, at times, get minutes during key moments of games, and now I guess you guys have a boatload of talent right now.

You on board with Josh Smith?

noob cake
01-02-2015, 02:49 PM
I guess you're a Rocket fan?

Mchale seemed to trust him earlier in the year, and Kostas seemed to, at times, get minutes during key moments of games, and now I guess you guys have a boatload of talent right now.

You on board with Josh Smith?

As long as Jsmoove shoots less than 7 times a game...

Brewer stole all of K-Pap's minutes. K-Pap is a better passer than Brewer, but Brewer is better at everything else.

Xsatyr
01-02-2015, 03:01 PM
I don't have a problem with Brewer taking his minutes bc it's the right decision. But Kostas should be taking some of Ariza's minutes who is logging in too much playing time. I don't understand why McHale runs players into the ground.

imnew09
01-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Papa would be Laker's savior. Free him Rockets!

chocolatethunder
01-02-2015, 03:17 PM
As long as Jsmoove shoots less than 7 times a game...

Brewer stole all of K-Pap's minutes. K-Pap is a better passer than Brewer, but Brewer is better at everything else.
Smith has looked awful. Wait til he's there for the better part of the season, you'll be wishing he never put on that uni.

ElPigto
01-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Smith has looked awful. Wait til he's there for the better part of the season, you'll be wishing he never put on that uni.

Defensively he has looked nice. The problem is that we need to minimize the amount of time the ball is in his hands. McHale also has to get it through his head that the Rockets do not believe in long two's. As horrible as Smith is at shooting, I rather he set up behind the three point line then watch him dribble only to take a long two.

So far, it seems like he just wants to fit in. He is trying to do too much on the offensive side at times. There times he gets the ball and he is trying to force a pass cross court or to Dwight when all he needs to do is attack. I guess he is afraid of getting fouled since he sucks at shooting a free throw.

I can't say I am mad at the signing. Regardless of his history with the Pistons, he played well during his Atlanta days (even with the stupid shots). The Rockets just need to get him to focus on defending at an elite level and look to always attack the basket unless he has an open shooter outside or Dwight ready for a dunk.

I love the line up of Brewer/Smith/Ariza by the way. They do create a lot of chaos the few times that line up has been used.

chocolatethunder
01-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Defensively he has looked nice. The problem is that we need to minimize the amount of time the ball is in his hands. McHale also has to get it through his head that the Rockets do not believe in long two's. As horrible as Smith is at shooting, I rather he set up behind the three point line then watch him dribble only to take a long two.

So far, it seems like he just wants to fit in. He is trying to do too much on the offensive side at times. There times he gets the ball and he is trying to force a pass cross court or to Dwight when all he needs to do is attack. I guess he is afraid of getting fouled since he sucks at shooting a free throw.

I can't say I am mad at the signing. Regardless of his history with the Pistons, he played well during his Atlanta days (even with the stupid shots). The Rockets just need to get him to focus on defending at an elite level and look to always attack the basket unless he has an open shooter outside or Dwight ready for a dunk.

I love the line up of Brewer/Smith/Ariza by the way. They do create a lot of chaos the few times that line up has been used.

Here's the thing, the more comfortable he gets, the more likely he is to just go back to his awful old habits. He didn't play well with atlanta all the time. That's why I'm saying that by the playoffs, you'll wish he wasn't on your team.

duskovujosevic
01-02-2015, 09:34 PM
it is nice to see how he quickly adapted to playing style in NBA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIdKFlKXIxA

some nice plays

Dr.J4ever
01-02-2015, 10:31 PM
Pap in the game now with houston down 24points 3rd quarte.

bluechox2
01-02-2015, 10:40 PM
josh smith really made this team better