PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Atlanta Hawks are for sale!

bagelred
01-02-2015, 01:01 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/breaking-news-100-percent-of-hawks-up-for-sale/njfLd/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_hawks_sfp

The Hawks are for sale – as in 100 percent of the NBA franchise.

According to person familiar with the situation, agreements have been reached between all three ownership groups of the team. Those agreements have been approved by the league.

Another racist ownership group down the drain. I'm thinking at least half the leagues teams will need to be sold soon. I'm pretty sure plenty of owners have made a black joke or two. F-cking white, cracka asses!

hawkfan
01-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Another racist ownership group down the drain. I'm thinking at least half the leagues teams will need to be sold soon. I'm pretty sure plenty of owners have made a black joke or two. F-cking white, cracka asses!

You realize the owners wanted to sell the team before, and David Stern said no to the proposed new buyer?

So you realize that some of the owners are using the so-called racist language as an excuse so they can now sell the team?

bagelred
01-02-2015, 01:12 PM
You realize the owners wanted to sell the team before, and David Stern said no to the proposed new buyer?

So you realize that some of the owners are using the so-called racist language as an excuse so they can now sell the team?

Exactly! F-cking racists! Language like that not allowed in our sport.

lilteapot
01-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Hopefully they get a new fan base too

hawksdogsbraves
01-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Hopefully they get a new fan base too

Sick burn bro :cheers:

Uncle Drew
01-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Hawks to Seattle, do it.

iTare
01-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Hawks to Seattle, do it.
Seattle Hawks.

Sounds awfully familiar.

StephHamann
01-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Seattle Hawks.

Sounds awfully familiar.

http://i.imgur.com/KISlUtT.jpg

bagelred
01-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Seattle See Hawks

mattvNJ
01-02-2015, 03:25 PM
well start the bidding at $100.

hawksdogsbraves
01-02-2015, 03:34 PM

Hopefully we can get some corrupt Russian oligarch to buy the team and send our franchise spiraling into a good 12 years worth of complete irrelevance :cheers:

mattvNJ
01-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Hopefully we can get some corrupt Russian oligarch to buy the team and send our franchise spiraling into a good 12 years worth of complete irrelevance :cheers:

Bad contracts, could see the sense in all of those contracts to provide relevance to a team in a new market with a team already in place. But yes the future is not bright. Not mocking you're squad. Theyre just known for bad fans and attendance. They are crushing this year, strike while the irons hot for the owners makes sense.

UK2K
01-02-2015, 03:48 PM

Haha, then 99.9% of this world is racist.

Well, if we're all in on it, then is it such a bad thing?

hawkfan
01-02-2015, 03:53 PM

Good job trading away so many first round picks and collecting contracts of guys on the back end of their careers.

hawkfan
01-02-2015, 04:18 PM
bitter ass hawks fan, see ya in seattle dude.

Bitter about what?
We are second in the East, have some good young players who can develop over the years - Payne, Schroeder, Scott, Mack, Muscala, hopefully Jenkins.

We still have 4 million in cap space available now.

mattvNJ
01-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Bitter about what?
We are second in the East, have some good young players who can develop over the years - Payne, Schroeder, Scott, Mack, Muscala, hopefully Jenkins.

We still have 4 million in cap space available now.

You're right, you guys are in a great place. I made a joke and u all got butt hurt. Ill take the jokes about us having not short-term future/plan. Because its true lol. Doesnt mean im going to stop supporting them.

How has payne been doing i loved him in college, dont hear anything about him.

hawkfan
01-02-2015, 04:25 PM
You're right, you guys are in a great place. I made a joke and u all got butt hurt. Ill take the jokes about us having not short-term future/plan. Because its true lol. Doesnt mean im going to stop supporting them.

Unfortunately, Bud hasn't played him enough. I'd rather see Payne play than Elton Brand.

Hopefully Payne develops into a Millsap type player.

mattvNJ
01-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Unfortunately, Bud hasn't played him enough. I'd rather see Payne play than Elton Brand.

Hopefully Payne develops into a Millsap type player.

He had all the skills in college, i look forward to seeign him play. Seemed like a good dude and very talented.

hawksdogsbraves
01-02-2015, 04:34 PM

Yeah sorry for jumping on you dude :(

Payne has been in the D-League mostly, I'm not sure why, but judging from what we saw with Schroder last year it's probably because it takes a while for rookies to learn our offensive system.

Bud gamed the system a little bit to make sure Payne got sent to the Spurs D-League affiliate, so hopefully that will speed things up.

hawkfan
01-02-2015, 04:35 PM
He had all the skills in college, i look forward to seeign him play. Seemed like a good dude and very talented.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10754327/michigan-state-spartans-adreian-payne-mourning-loss-princess-lacey-cancer

Hotlantadude81
01-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Hawks owner: Sales agreement report is not accurate

ATLANTA (WXIA) -- Hawks owner Rutherford Seydel said late Friday afternoon that published reports indicating that 100 percent of the Atlanta Hawks are for sale are "not accurate."

Speaking to 11Alive's Matt Pearl Friday afternoon, Seydel said, "At this point, the Atlanta group is excited about new leadership that enhances our value and takes us to the next level. We have gone to the playoffs consecutively more than any other team in the Eastern Conference. We support a change in ownership; however, we would like to be a part of that."

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/02/453ab53a6c87dbcbb95df36bb3d0331e.jpg

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/downtown/2015/01/02/hawks-ownership-agreement-report-not-accurate/21199393/

Rutherford is the last one on the right.

Have a car wreck or get hit by a train you inept loser. Just go away.

IheartFerry
01-02-2015, 05:40 PM
Rutherford is the last one on the right.

Have a car wreck or get hit by a train you inept loser. Just go away.

As dark and heartless as this is , I cannot help but support this statement 100%

coin24
01-02-2015, 06:49 PM
It's about time they moved that irrelevant shitty team, the fan base is woeful they can't even sell out playoff games :lol

mattvNJ
01-02-2015, 07:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10754327/michigan-state-spartans-adreian-payne-mourning-loss-princess-lacey-cancer
yeah i know the story, hence why i said he seems like a real good guy. :cheers:

Hizack
01-04-2015, 03:37 AM
If Hawks move to Seattle, the consequences will be something like:

1. Grizzlies or Pelicans will move to the East, joining the Southeast division
2. Thunder will move to the Southwest division

It looks pretty nice :applause:

BlazerRed
01-04-2015, 03:44 AM
What are the chances the team gets moved?

atljonesbro
01-04-2015, 03:47 AM
What are the chances the team gets moved?
Zero... Where is all of this coming from lol