PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Wiggins last 5 games

Bigsmoke
01-02-2015, 01:19 PM
21ppg, 5rpg, 2apg, 1spg, 1bpg 51%

:cheers:

WallIn
01-02-2015, 01:21 PM
He would need to average 40/10/8 in order to get Wolves into the playoffs. I mean..what a shit franchise. So many years, so many picks, still sucking.

plowking
01-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Anyone who actually thought he wouldn't be at the very least a good player is downright terrible at judging basketball ability.

He'll be a 25ppg+ scorer by his 3rd season.

ImKobe
01-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Dude's going to end the year averaging 17/6/2 on respectable shooting numbers on a very bad team with little chemistry.

Just wait when he develops his game and he really becomes the focal point of an offense and takes 15-20 shots a game. He's going to be Paul George level at worst.

Always believed in this dude and I told people to take his college games and early season games with a grain of salt because of obvious reasons, but people made conclusions that he would be a bust after his 5 first NBA starts :kobe:

Just watch this kid turn into a 25/7/6 player in 2-3 years. Sucks for him that he's stuck in Minny though.

Bigsmoke
01-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Dude's going to end the year averaging 17/6/2 on respectable shooting numbers on a very bad team with little chemistry.

Just wait when he develops his game and he really becomes the focal point of an offense and takes 15-20 shots a game. He's going to be Paul George level at worst.

Always believed in this dude and I told people to take his college games and early season games with a grain of salt because of obvious reasons, but people made conclusions that he would be a bust after his 5 first NBA starts :kobe:

Just watch this kid turn into a 25/7/6 player in 2-3 years. Sucks for him that he's stuck in Minny though.

If only Jabari Parker wasn't hurt:(

Niko and Wiggins are the only rookies that are worth watching right now

ImKobe
01-02-2015, 01:34 PM
If only Jabari Parker wasn't hurt:(

Niko and Wiggins are the only rookies that are worth watching right now

Jabari I think could be a better offensive player with average defense.

I liked Jabari more but when I saw them go up against eachother in college with Wiggins dominating him on both ends in the clutch, I knew what was coming :bowdown:

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 01:41 PM
He would need to average 40/10/8 in order to get Wolves into the playoffs. I mean..what a shit franchise. So many years, so many picks, still sucking.

Yea, but it looks a lot better now...

Wiggins, Rubio (assuming they keep him), Lavine, Muhammad, and Dieng is hardly a bad young core to build around. I still think Bennett could be a solid bench player in this game as well.

The real trick would be somehow getting out of Pek's contract. Not that he's bad or something...but just don't see the point. I'd rather have an extra first rounder and more cap flexibility than Pek over the next 3 years.

If I was the Wolves...I'd be on the phone with a team like the Thunder trying to trade Pek for Perkins/Lamb and a first rounder.

They are going to keep their pick they owe the Suns...right? I think it's lottery protected for the next two years. So they are going to get two top 7 picks likely the next 2 years as well. And if they make a trade with Pek for another first rounder. You are looking at loads of young talent coming in because I think they have an extra 3 2nd rounders of over the next few years as well.

PleezeBelieve
01-02-2015, 01:44 PM
He's an okay talent, which was the point many were making. He's no LeBron or Kobe.

He will never 25 a game. :roll:

He's a glue guy who will peak as a 2nd option.

UK2K
01-02-2015, 01:45 PM

Not impressed.

He's a rookie, but lettuce be real. It's a five game span. My biggest thing is, where are the assists? Where are the steals? He was supposed to be a mega athlete. Rebounds?

Jabari was supposed to be the scorer. Wiggins was supposed to be the 'all around' guy.

I'm glad his offense has arrived early, but I would like to see more of that 'all around player'.

Bigsmoke
01-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Not impressed.

He's a rookie, but lettuce be real. It's a five game span. My biggest thing is, where are the assists? Where are the steals? He was supposed to be a mega athlete. Rebounds?

Jabari was supposed to be the scorer. Wiggins was supposed to be the 'all around' guy.

I'm glad his offense has arrived early, but I would like to see more of that 'all around player'.

He is 19!:biggums:

He isn't to be criticize yet.

Fudge
01-02-2015, 01:55 PM

Wiggins, Rubio (assuming they keep him), Lavine, Muhammad, and Dieng is hardly a bad young core to build around. I still think Bennett could be a solid bench player in this game as well.

The real trick would be somehow getting out of Pek's contract. Not that he's bad or something...but just don't see the point. I'd rather have an extra first rounder and more cap flexibility than Pek over the next 3 years.

If I was the Wolves...I'd be on the phone with a team like the Thunder trying to trade Pek for Perkins/Lamb and a first rounder.

They are going to keep their pick they owe the Suns...right? I think it's lottery protected for the next two years. So they are going to get two top 7 picks likely the next 2 years as well. And if they make a trade with Pek for another first rounder. You are looking at loads of young talent coming in because I think they have an extra 3 2nd rounders of over the next few years as well.
Uhh, no thanks.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Uhh, no thanks.

What are you doing with Pek over the next 3 years?

You are just adding wins to teams that have no chance to do anything. Martin and Pek are worthless on this team. Pek is a an often injured player that just serves no purpose on the Wolves right now. Don't make the same mistake the Pelicans made. Don't try and rush the process....

Should be trade bait.

Now, if you told me that both Young and Buddinger aren't picking up their options or somehow the Wolves move them....and they open up 15 million of cap this summer that way.

Then yea...I'd probably hold onto everyone and try to sign someone. Because then that team could potentially make the playoffs if healthy and if they added a real asset. Could be really good Pek's last 2 years if Wiggins/Lavine/Dieng/Bennett progress.

If that is what you are saying...I agree with that.

LAZERUSS
01-02-2015, 02:04 PM
At least we now have a deserving ROY...

For a while it looked like they weren't going to be giving out the award.

chocolatethunder
01-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Not impressed.

Well he plays really good defense so he's got that part of "all around player".

Dr.J4ever
01-02-2015, 02:22 PM

You think Embiid will end up becoming better than Wiggins?

beastee
01-02-2015, 02:31 PM
The dude will end up scoring more than Kevin Love by season's end. And if Bennett amounts to anything while Love decides that his talents are being wasted and leaves the Cavs...holy crap.

Wiggins is going to be fun to watch as he figures the NBA out.

chocolatethunder
01-02-2015, 03:14 PM
You think Embiid will end up becoming better than Wiggins?
I have no idea. Wiggins is young and Embiid is young and not even healthy yet. It's not even worth guessing. Do I think that he can be? Yes I do. Do I think that if they were both healthy that Wiggins could be better than Embiid? Yes that's possible also. Who do I think is likely to be better if they are both healthy? Embiid. You wanna ask me what I think of Noel and MCW haha

Dr.J4ever
01-02-2015, 03:25 PM
I have no idea. Wiggins is young and Embiid is young and not even healthy yet. It's not even worth guessing. Do I think that he can be? Yes I do. Do I think that if they were both healthy that Wiggins could be better than Embiid? Yes that's possible also. Who do I think is likely to be better if they are both healthy? Embiid. You wanna ask me what I think of Noel and MCW haha

I'm afraid to ask about Noel/Mcw:lol

Wiggins is starting to look like he's superstar material someday in the NBA, and I'm starting to get envious. Our guy Embiid certainly has the potential to challenge Wiggins someday as best young player, hopefully next season.

Dresta
01-02-2015, 03:33 PM

He could average 25 and 7 in the future, but i can't ever see him averaging 6+ assists tbh. More like 4.

SamuraiSWISH
01-02-2015, 03:36 PM
He just needs to maintain a certain level of confidence, and aggression. Also needs to work on that handle so he can create for himself, and teammates at a more consistent rate. Everything else, all the tools physically in the world are there at his disposal.

chocolatethunder
01-02-2015, 03:38 PM
I'm afraid to ask about Noel/Mcw:lol

Wiggins is starting to look like he's superstar material someday in the NBA, and I'm starting to get envious. Our guy Embiid certainly has the potential to challenge Wiggins someday as best young player, hopefully next season.
I think that Wiggins can be really good and even great but he's a little passive and his dribble is really weak and he just doesn't seem mean enough.

Embiid on the other hand, is a joker with a great personality but he's a killer on the court. His development was rapid and it's safe to assume that it will continue to be that way.

I heard Bill Self call into WIP to do an interview about these two before the draft and that's what he said. He said that Wiggins' game was more suited to a pro game but that he didn't really have a "killer instinct". He said that Embiid had that killer instinct and essentially that although he thought Wiggins could be a perennial all star, he thought Embiid could be one of those players who becomes one of the best ever.

I'll give you my MCW and Noel stuff really quick and I'll keep it nice. The best you can hope for for Noel is prime Theo Ratliff. That's not bad at all but if anyone thinks that he's ever going to have any kind of real offensive game you can forget about it. He's not that good of a rebounder. I think its because he's so damned light. He's really fast and really athletic which is rare for his size. He has the potential to be good defensively but still has a ways to go. He's best suited to a team who gets up and down the court a lot. If he ends up a 12pt 9 rb 2blk guy who is a good defender, I think that would be really good and I'd be happy.

MCW, I see as a solid PG hopefully. He can pass but he gives up the rock too much. He's careless and can't shoot. His shooting and shot selection can be awful at times. He's very athletic and long and I'm hoping that he can become a really nasty defender. If he can improve his shooting and decision making it will really open up his game. I think again maybe 15pts 9ast 5rbs on a good team. That would be really good and I would be happy. He's got a long way to go.

chocolatethunder
01-02-2015, 03:41 PM
He just needs to maintain a certain level of confidence, and aggression. Also needs to work on that handle so he can create for himself, and teammates at a more consistent rate. Everything else, all the tools physically in the world are there at his disposal.
I don't see him as really aggressive. His handle is not that good and really needs work. Once he gets that, things will open up for him because he can actually shoot it. He's young and raw and still learning a lot. I don't think that he'll ever be a killer but that doesn't mean that he can't be great. He will never be a passer. Not because he's a ballhog but just because that's not his game. Passing isn't really something you learn it's something that you have and he doesn't have it. He will be one of the best two way players in the league probably though. He's almost too selfless, the way that Yao was.

hawkfan
01-02-2015, 03:42 PM

Alpha.

UK2K
01-02-2015, 03:42 PM

Does he?

His DRtg is horrendous (114), he averages just over one steal per game, abd the Timberwolves are 3.9 points better per 100 possessions with him OFF the court.

Or are you one of those 'well my eye test tells me' posters who ignore all statistics?

Don't get me wrong, I think he can be a solid player, a probable all-star at some point, but he wasn't drafted for his offense. If he wants to really make an impact, he should be more like Jimmy Butler.

As a SG with a 22% usage rate, how do you average 2 assists?

chocolatethunder
01-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Does he?

His DRtg is horrendous (114), he averages just over one steal per game, abd the Timberwolves are 3.9 points better per 100 possessions with him OFF the court.

Or are you one of those 'well my eye test tells me' posters who ignore all statistics?

Don't get me wrong, I think he can be a solid player, a probable all-star at some point, but he wasn't drafted for his offense. If he wants to really make an impact, he should be more like Jimmy Butler.

Ok hows this sound, he's shown good defensive instincts and potential just like he has with his shooting. Flip will put him on the opposing teams best player for spurts during most games. No, I'm not ignoring anything. He's a 19 year old rookie who's played less than half a season. I'm not ready to say that he's going to be the worst or the best ever. I'm not complaining about him or any of these rookies because rookies suck so bad anymore because they aren't developed and they are raw when they come in the league. Please don't lump me in with anyone who said he was going to be the greatest or anything like that. I said that if he averaged 16ppg then it would be a considered a good season. If you want to say he's awful after 31 games then be my guest. I think that we'll have a much clearer idea of what kind of player he'll be after his next year. You want him to be like Jimmy Butler? Great. But I think that he needs to concentrate on being himself. Look at his situation. He's on a team with a new coach whose starting PG has been injured. He's had Zach Lavine as his starting PG for a decent amount of games this year. This isn't Jimmy Butler coming to a good team and having the luxury of being brought along slowly. This is a young guy on a shitty team being thrown to the wolves and learning the hard way. I'll reserve judgment for a while.

The Macho Man
01-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Anyone who actually thought he wouldn't be at the very least a good player is downright terrible at judging basketball ability.

If he's still in the league by his 3rd season I will fly to Australia and suck yr dick

LoneyROY7
01-02-2015, 04:28 PM
PleezeBelieve already changing his tune from "complete bust" to "solid second option". :lol

Have some conviction.

j3lademaster
01-02-2015, 04:42 PM
If he's still in the league by his 3rd season I will fly to Australia and suck yr dickIt looks like you're going to be blowing some aussie **** then.

UK2K
01-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Ok hows this sound, he's shown good defensive instincts and potential just like he has with his shooting. Flip will put him on the opposing teams best player for spurts during most games. No, I'm not ignoring anything. He's a 19 year old rookie who's played less than half a season. I'm not ready to say that he's going to be the worst or the best ever. I'm not complaining about him or any of these rookies because rookies suck so bad anymore because they aren't developed and they are raw when they come in the league. Please don't lump me in with anyone who said he was going to be the greatest or anything like that. I said that if he averaged 16ppg then it would be a considered a good season. If you want to say he's awful after 31 games then be my guest. I think that we'll have a much clearer idea of what kind of player he'll be after his next year. You want him to be like Jimmy Butler? Great. But I think that he needs to concentrate on being himself. Look at his situation. He's on a team with a new coach whose starting PG has been injured. He's had Zach Lavine as his starting PG for a decent amount of games this year. This isn't Jimmy Butler coming to a good team and having the luxury of being brought along slowly. This is a young guy on a shitty team being thrown to the wolves and learning the hard way. I'll reserve judgment for a while.

I didnt say he was bad, just said I wasn't impressed.

Maybe because Flip puts him on the best players, maybe thats why his defensive rating is so horrible.

But that also doesn't explain the T'Wolves being +3.9 per 100 possessions without him on the floor, or why he barely averages a steal per game, or 2 fvcking assists per game. You can almost get two assists by accident, especially when on the court the ball is your hands 22% of the time.

I could see him averaging 24, 4, 3 in his prime. That'd be best case scenario unless he pulls a disappearing act ala Tyreke year 2 or Mike Miller year *every year after his rookie season*

navy
01-02-2015, 04:46 PM

Maybe because Flip puts him on the best players, maybe thats why his defensive rating is so horrible.

But that also doesn't explain the T'Wolves being +3.9 per 100 possessions without him on the floor.

I could see him averaging 24, 4, 3 in his prime. That'd be best case scenario unless he pulls a disappearing act ala Tyreke year 2 or Mike Miller year *every year after his rookie season*
He's a rookie. His defense is pretty terrible if you watch it as he doesnt have lateral quickness, or any positioning knowledge. But it's something that can be improved upon. Plus the teams defense is non existent so he cant send his opponent to spots on the floor.

Kevin Love averaged 26/13 in Minnesota so im not sure what people are trying to say about his stats....

chocolatethunder
01-02-2015, 05:47 PM

But that also doesn't explain the T'Wolves being +3.9 per 100 possessions without him on the floor, or why he barely averages a steal per game, or 2 fvcking assists per game. You can almost get two assists by accident, especially when on the court the ball is your hands 22% of the time.

Again, I don't really worry about the assists right now. The team is terrible. Zach Lavine has several starts at PG. If you're on a team with guys who aren't moving with the ball and many are young and learning and can't shoot and can't create space for themselves then I don't care how often you have the ball, you're not going to get that many assists. 31 games. I think that he was shit at the beginning of the season. Recently I think that he's finally beginning to show flashes of a player that he can be. Just watch the games. He's young and raw. I'm not sure what you were expecting but I wasn't expecting much from any of these rookies. Shit, people were on here sucking Dante Exum off and that dude has looked horrible. He can't shoot anything and has no clue what he's doing out there. I know it's hard to stomach but if you can watch a Wolves game you can see it.

edit: I want to say that this rookie class is awful. Not awful in the sense that they'll all be terrible players just that they are all so underprepared and underdeveloped, that it's just been ugly and boring to watch. Who knows, several of these players could end up being total studs but I'm not interested in watching their growing pains. This is pathetic and awful for the league. I don't advocate them staying in college and not being eligible but this is embarrassing.

Smook A.
01-02-2015, 05:48 PM
He's an okay talent, which was the point many were making. He's no LeBron or Kobe.

:roll: :roll:

Haymaker
01-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Sucks for him that he's stuck in Minny though.

This is actually a blessing. He will get the green light to shoot every year.

Fudge
01-02-2015, 06:03 PM
What are you doing with Pek over the next 3 years?

You are just adding wins to teams that have no chance to do anything. Martin and Pek are worthless on this team. Pek is a an often injured player that just serves no purpose on the Wolves right now. Don't make the same mistake the Pelicans made. Don't try and rush the process....

Should be trade bait.

Now, if you told me that both Young and Buddinger aren't picking up their options or somehow the Wolves move them....and they open up 15 million of cap this summer that way.

Then yea...I'd probably hold onto everyone and try to sign someone. Because then that team could potentially make the playoffs if healthy and if they added a real asset. Could be really good Pek's last 2 years if Wiggins/Lavine/Dieng/Bennett progress.

If that is what you are saying...I agree with that.
I'm a Thunder fan who DOESN'T want Pek's contract.

As terrible of a player Perkins is, his contract is probably one of the most valuable assets we have right now, and I don't want Pek for it, much less giving up one of your young players along with him. Either get somebody better in return, or let Perkins walk this summer to free up cap room.

SwishSquared
01-02-2015, 06:05 PM

Last summer they definitely should have traded Pek to the Thunder for Perkins + Thabeet + #21, especially once it was obvious that Love would be traded. Even if they start Adams, Pek (if he'd accept it) would be a nice post presence off the bench on a team like the Thunder. Would give them a completely different look. Maybe even swapping him now for Perkins + McGary wouldn't be all that bad since it at least provides salary relief. Not sure if there are any other teams this year that they could make a deal with that would make an attractive offer. Maybe this summer?

Considering his injury history, contract, and lack of rim protection and the fact that Minnesota needs to rebuild/collect assets, it would have made some sense to unload him over the summer. I know the cap's gonna explode soon, but I prefer to develop Dieng right now.

Also trading for Thad Young wasn't the smartest imo. I'd have rather kept that MIA pick, which is like #15 right now, and give more minutes to some of the younger guys they have (and potentially to guys they could have received in a Pek trade). By doing so, they'd be in slightly better draft position. Their own lotto pick + that Miami pick would allow them to have some really nice talent infusion on this roster. I also think they need to play guys like Shabazz, GR3, etc. so they can gauge their long-term potential. Still, a nice core going forward. If they draft well, they should be in a nice position down the line.

ImKobe
01-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Does he?

lol the Wolves are trash and he's a starter, dude plays what, 32 minutes a game? So the sample size with him off the court is smaller + the rest of the starters are sitting as well, right? DRTG & ORTG are team stats...

He might be doing a decent job on his man (defending the best perimeter players in the game) and isn't getting destroyed every night, but then you take into account that LaVine is defending the opposing point guards, he has by far the worst +/- on the team..

And the team is really bad, so the numbers aren't going to do justice for a 19 yr old in his first NBA season. He's defending guys like Kobe, Lebron, Harden, he's going to get outplayed h2h (though he more than held his own against Lebron).

Coach should get a lot of credit for playing him big minutes and letting him go at it on offense + defending the best player on the other end, he's in the beginning stage of his career and the experience is invaluable. His assist numbers are low due to his role and he hasn't developed the passing game much yet. KD, PG, T-Mac, Butler all were playing the same type of way when they first came into the league. KD averaged less than 3 apg for a while before developing his game.

Wiggins will be a great player. All the evidence is there when you watch the games. He has an automatic step-back jumper, he has an array of post moves. He can shoot the 3. He's a very athletic/explosive player. His defense is already pretty good, he defended Kobe, Lebron & KD and did a good job on them, guys didn't explode against him. KD had 6 turnovers in 28 minutes with Wiggins guarding him for the majority of the game.

SugarHill
01-02-2015, 06:15 PM

Check out this retard. :roll:

chocolatethunder
01-02-2015, 06:21 PM
lol the Wolves are trash and he's a starter, dude plays what, 32 minutes a game? So the sample size with him off the court is smaller + the rest of the starters are sitting as well, right? DRTG & ORTG are team stats...

He might be doing a decent job on his man (defending the best perimeter players in the game) and isn't getting destroyed every night, but then you take into account that LaVine is defending the opposing point guards, he has by far the worst +/- on the team..

And the team is really bad, so the numbers aren't going to do justice for a 19 yr old in his first NBA season. He's defending guys like Kobe, Lebron, Harden, he's going to get outplayed h2h (though he more than held his own against Lebron).

Coach should get a lot of credit for playing him big minutes and letting him go at it on offense + defending the best player on the other end, he's in the beginning stage of his career and the experience is invaluable. His assist numbers are low due to his role and he hasn't developed the passing game much yet. KD, PG, T-Mac, Butler all were playing the same type of way when they first came into the league. KD averaged less than 3 apg for a while before developing his game.

Wiggins will be a great player. All the evidence is there when you watch the games. He has an automatic step-back jumper, he has an array of post moves. He can shoot the 3. He's a very athletic/explosive player. His defense is already pretty good, he defended Kobe, Lebron & KD and did a good job on them, guys didn't explode against him. KD had 6 turnovers in 28 minutes with Wiggins guarding him for the majority of the game.

This is what I'm saying. If you watch the games you'll see it, if you look at the box score you won't. It's been 31 games.

UK2K
01-02-2015, 06:34 PM

"OK, I hurt Kevin Martin, now get out there Wiggins and freestyle"

I could coach that.

I agree with the rest of your post, but I had to point out how dumb that one sentence was.

I<3NBA
01-02-2015, 06:35 PM
empty stats doe

UK2K
01-02-2015, 06:36 PM
empty stats doe

Minnesota has lost how many in a row? It's ugly.

You could put Nick Johnson on the T'Wolves and he'd ball out. He's already solid for the Rockets, I can't imagine his stats if he could go out there and do whatever he wanted, winning be damned.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm a Thunder fan who DOESN'T want Pek's contract.

As terrible of a player Perkins is, his contract is probably one of the most valuable assets we have right now, and I don't want Pek for it, much less giving up one of your young players along with him. Either get somebody better in return, or let Perkins walk this summer to free up cap room.

Yea...I'm just throwing something out there that makes some semblance of sense.

Not saying it's a no brainer for the Thunder or something. I'd actually do that and go all in on trying to win over the next 4 years, but perhaps other moves are there to be made.

Sitting and doing nothing is stupid though with Perkins contract.

Top Gun
01-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Surprised by the steals. Thought they'd be higher.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Last summer they definitely should have traded Pek to the Thunder for Perkins + Thabeet + #21, especially once it was obvious that Love would be traded. Even if they start Adams, Pek (if he'd accept it) would be a nice post presence off the bench on a team like the Thunder. Would give them a completely different look. Maybe even swapping him now for Perkins + McGary wouldn't be all that bad since it at least provides salary relief. Not sure if there are any other teams this year that they could make a deal with that would make an attractive offer. Maybe this summer?

Considering his injury history, contract, and lack of rim protection and the fact that Minnesota needs to rebuild/collect assets, it would have made some sense to unload him over the summer. I know the cap's gonna explode soon, but I prefer to develop Dieng right now.

Also trading for Thad Young wasn't the smartest imo. I'd have rather kept that MIA pick, which is like #15 right now, and give more minutes to some of the younger guys they have (and potentially to guys they could have received in a Pek trade). By doing so, they'd be in slightly better draft position. Their own lotto pick + that Miami pick would allow them to have some really nice talent infusion on this roster. I also think they need to play guys like Shabazz, GR3, etc. so they can gauge their long-term potential. Still, a nice core going forward. If they draft well, they should be in a nice position down the line.

Totally agree. Thad Young likely has no future on this team. Giving up something for him makes no sense imo.

Teams want to rush the process. Again...just look at the Pelicans. All of that...with maybe a top 3 player in the league...to miss the playoffs yet again. And now half the guys they have...will play no part in the future of this team.

Wolves should learn from this...Martin, Pek, Young....don't serve much of a purpose unless somehow they make a move this summer to bring in another player or Wiggins just turns into 2nd year Lebron (which isn't happening)...

Be bad this year and next...open up flexibility...then make your move around a really good young core. With likely two top 5 or so picks this year and next.

And with a good trade...another first rounder in that time frame as well.

HurricaneKid
01-02-2015, 07:25 PM

Wait. You think they are getting a 1st for Pek? I doubt they can dump Pek by GIVING a 1 (well they could but just because its going to be such a high #1).

Pek is a bull. With two broken legs. People don't give you stuff for broken bulls. They drag them out to the back and shoot them.

He has chronic ankle issues. Was going to come back a month ago but managed to sprain his ankle while on the treadmill and missed the last mo. Now they have him on an antigravity treadmill running on a limited basis.

At his BEST he was a brut on the glass but couldn't defend the rim a lick. It appears the chronic injury will take away from his physicality. Whats left is NOT worth 12M+ for the next 4 years. Yuck.

boldarblood
01-02-2015, 07:39 PM
If he's still in the league by his 3rd season I will fly to Australia and suck yr dick
Bring this up in 3 years, you will either a bitch sucking dick in 3 years, or a bitch for not following through. Either way you end up being the bitch with scruffed knees.

DMAVS41
01-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Wait. You think they are getting a 1st for Pek? I doubt they can dump Pek by GIVING a 1 (well they could but just because its going to be such a high #1).

Pek is a bull. With two broken legs. People don't give you stuff for broken bulls. They drag them out to the back and shoot them.

He has chronic ankle issues. Was going to come back a month ago but managed to sprain his ankle while on the treadmill and missed the last mo. Now they have him on an antigravity treadmill running on a limited basis.

At his BEST he was a brut on the glass but couldn't defend the rim a lick. It appears the chronic injury will take away from his physicality. Whats left is NOT worth 12M+ for the next 4 years. Yuck.

My take of course assumes a return to some semblance of health. Of course.

If not, yea, he's worth nothing on that contract.

JtotheIzzo
01-02-2015, 11:35 PM

Oh shit!!! From a guy who authored many Wiggins hate threads. Looks like Wiggins is going to be all world sooner than we think.

25 a game is kind of a reality now, barring injury I really don't see a scenario in which he doesn't get there.

Lets be real about this, he was hyped as 'the next one' for a looooooooong time when he was young, then, in classic ESPN fashion, he was picked apart:

can't shoot - BS
can't post up - BS
can't hit the three consistently - BS
no motor - BS
etc.

the media loves to build players up, and then tear them down.

Wiggins will be a star.

JtotheIzzo
01-02-2015, 11:42 PM
Does he?

lets cherry pick team stats from a last place team to make our case. the f*ck outta here with that bullshit!

JtotheIzzo
01-02-2015, 11:43 PM

Old man retard from the OTC forum makes an appearance...lol. crawl back under your rock and get back to talking about wrestling you hillbilly fakkit.

JtotheIzzo
01-02-2015, 11:46 PM
Minnesota has lost how many in a row? It's ugly.

You could put Nick Johnson on the T'Wolves and he'd ball out. He's already solid for the Rockets, I can't imagine his stats if he could go out there and do whatever he wanted, winning be damned.

yeah, because that is how basketball works...f*ck you are dumb...

SugarHill
01-02-2015, 11:58 PM
Old man retard from the OTC forum makes an appearance...lol. crawl back under your rock and get back to talking about wrestling you hillbilly fakkit.
:roll:

RoseCity07
01-03-2015, 01:18 AM
I wanted Portland to yank for him. Lillard, wiggins, Aldridge. Man. Aldridge wouldn't have wanted to stay if we wasted one more year.

$LakerGold
01-03-2015, 02:18 AM

shut up

$LakerGold
01-03-2015, 02:19 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

DMV2
01-03-2015, 02:23 AM
This is the dumbest shit you've ever said. And you've said a lot of dumb shit.

Dr.J4ever
01-03-2015, 03:11 AM
I think that Wiggins can be really good and even great but he's a little passive and his dribble is really weak and he just doesn't seem mean enough.

Embiid on the other hand, is a joker with a great personality but he's a killer on the court. His development was rapid and it's safe to assume that it will continue to be that way.

I heard Bill Self call into WIP to do an interview about these two before the draft and that's what he said. He said that Wiggins' game was more suited to a pro game but that he didn't really have a "killer instinct". He said that Embiid had that killer instinct and essentially that although he thought Wiggins could be a perennial all star, he thought Embiid could be one of those players who becomes one of the best ever.

I'll give you my MCW and Noel stuff really quick and I'll keep it nice. The best you can hope for for Noel is prime Theo Ratliff. That's not bad at all but if anyone thinks that he's ever going to have any kind of real offensive game you can forget about it. He's not that good of a rebounder. I think its because he's so damned light. He's really fast and really athletic which is rare for his size. He has the potential to be good defensively but still has a ways to go. He's best suited to a team who gets up and down the court a lot. If he ends up a 12pt 9 rb 2blk guy who is a good defender, I think that would be really good and I'd be happy.

MCW, I see as a solid PG hopefully. He can pass but he gives up the rock too much. He's careless and can't shoot. His shooting and shot selection can be awful at times. He's very athletic and long and I'm hoping that he can become a really nasty defender. If he can improve his shooting and decision making it will really open up his game. I think again maybe 15pts 9ast 5rbs on a good team. That would be really good and I would be happy. He's got a long way to go.

Yep, pretty much agree with you there on MCW/Noel. I see similar future numbers that you project. Do you see Noel being more versatile defensively than Ratliff? I see Noel being able to eventually play defense out on the perimeter.

If Noel/MCW could advance and leapfrog and do this next year, watch out for the 76ers. We still might not make the playoffs but we could be really exciting moving forward.

dreamwarrior
01-03-2015, 04:05 AM
his scoring is inflated imo, since he usually gets only 1 assist a game. He should be getting at least 4 assists. he's basically taking any shots at will

keep-itreal
01-03-2015, 04:09 AM
glorified Antawn Jamison

LilEddyCurry
01-03-2015, 04:28 AM
glorified Antawn Jamison
They have nothing in common except that they both play basketball and are black :facepalm :facepalm

Dave3
01-03-2015, 05:21 AM
his scoring is inflated imo, since he usually gets only 1 assist a game. He should be getting at least 4 assists. he's basically taking any shots at will
Spoken like someone who doesn't watch the games.

Taking shots at will..at a rate of 12 FGA/game. :wtf: What a ball hog!!

Hell even in this streak he's taking 15/game.

He's playing with Mo Williams, Shabbaz, and Thaddeus Young. They would need to put their heads together just to spell the word pass...

Bigsmoke
01-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Nice spin move

hawksdogsbraves
01-08-2015, 12:58 AM
I have to admit I was wrong about the guy.

The Cavs have to be kicking themselves, they gave up a future star who they would have paid virtually NOTHING in exchange for giving a max deal to Kevin Love who doesnt fit whatsoever in their team.

EricGordon23
01-08-2015, 12:59 AM
Only got to watch the first half of the minny/suns game but his jumper looked wet!

LoneyROY7
01-08-2015, 12:59 AM
Wiggins has really found himself.

Straight balling right now.

Angel Face
01-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Another great game from him, with clutch bucket spin move. They're still losing tho.

rlsmooth775
01-08-2015, 01:02 AM
Black Kevin love empty stats sucks on defense

JtotheIzzo
I have to admit I was wrong about the guy.

The Cavs have to be kicking themselves, they gave up a future star who they would have paid virtually NOTHING in exchange for giving a max deal to Kevin Love who doesnt fit whatsoever in their team.

Kid has been on fire in 2015.

The worst thing that happened to Wiggins was Embiid getting so good, and this wasn't affecting Wiggins game, it was affecting his standing as a future star, as the idea is future stars should be head and shoulders above their class, no less their college teammates.

Despite all this he was still taken over Jabari and Embiid, so either NBA GMs were also fooled by mixtapes or the kid can actually play.

At this point with the buttery jumper, the sick post moves, the slashing, the spike in dunking these past few weeks it is becoming clear he has adjusted to the speed and pace of the NBA game and is looking like a budding star.

Oh, Cleveland!

OG LeeTSkeeT
almost that game winner

Angel Face
01-08-2015, 01:03 AM
Wiggins almost hit a game winner. :applause:

FireDavidKahn
01-08-2015, 01:05 AM
Black Kevin love empty stats sucks on defense
Give him at least 4 years before we start giving him that label.:oldlol:

JtotheIzzo
01-08-2015, 01:07 AM

rlsmooth has trouble typing coherently with Bran's dlck in his mouth.

rlsmooth775
01-08-2015, 01:10 AM

5-29 empty stats

Fire Colangelo
01-08-2015, 01:10 AM
I wish the Cavs didn't trade for Love.

They wouldn't have had to trade Waiters to the knicks if they had Wiggins. They could've either kept Waiters, or flipped him for depth in the front court like Ed Davis. Still do the Mosgov trade, and sign someone like Dalembert.

Irving/Delly
Wiggins/Miller
LeBron/Marion
Thompson/Davis
Mosgov/Dalembert

Would've been good for years to come...

rlsmooth775
01-08-2015, 01:11 AM

They wouldn't have had to trade Waiters to the knicks if they had Wiggins. They could've either kept Waiters, or flipped him for depth in the front court like Ed Davis. Still do the Mosgov trade, and sign someone like Dalembert.

Irving/Delly
Wiggins/Miller
LeBron/Marion
Thompson/Davis
Mosgov/Dalembert

He plays zero defense who cares

Dave3
01-08-2015, 01:14 AM
Man, that 3 pointer at the end had me at the edge of my seat. Still an awesome game though. Especially that steal and pass to Dieng (which he bobbled even though it hit him in the chest) - showed me aggressiveness from him that I wasn't seeing at all in the beginning of the year.

He's very quickly becoming my favourite player to watch in the league just from how much potential he shows. All of his skills are improving so quickly, whether it's his mid range or his ball security on drives (has had a couple of very nice crossovers the last couple games), it's ridiculous watching him get so much better than what he looked like in November.

Fire Colangelo
01-08-2015, 01:15 AM

It's because the Wolves as a whole plays zero defense. He's shown glimpses of good defensive instinct, way better than Kevin Love and Dion Waiters anyways.

Dave3
01-08-2015, 01:16 AM
5-29 empty stats
Cavs were 11-26 at this point in the season when LeBron was a rookie. Guess he's also empty stats? :confusedshrug:

rlsmooth775
01-08-2015, 01:17 AM
It's because the Wolves as a whole plays zero defense. He's shown glimpses of good defensive instinct, way better than Kevin Love and Dion Waiters anyways.

Yeah the dude can't play defense

navy
01-08-2015, 01:17 AM
Hopefully he leaves Minny in four years.

Fire Colangelo
01-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Yeah the dude can't play defense

Because LeBron was a defensive juggernaut in his first year.

Dave3
01-08-2015, 01:19 AM

Irving/Delly
Wiggins/Miller
LeBron/Marion
Thompson/Davis
Mosgov/Dalembert

As a fellow Canadian, you should be ecstatic that they traded Wiggins. He wouldn't be close to this point in his development playing on a team as crowded as the Cavs.

rlsmooth775
01-08-2015, 01:20 AM
Because LeBron was a defensive juggernaut in his first year.

Who was talking about Lebron here

CarlosBoozer
01-08-2015, 01:20 AM
His game is so smooth, I can see the tmac comparisons, if he can become an above average passer, he's going to be a beast.

rlsmooth775
01-08-2015, 01:25 AM
All Wiggins can do is score points in losing efforts

JtotheIzzo
01-08-2015, 01:27 AM

all this hate and nonsense just to protect a decision by your hero's front office?

Pathetic

Collie
01-08-2015, 01:32 AM
he WANTED that last shot. Wanted it. More than I can say for some other players.

noob cake
01-08-2015, 01:38 AM

We all know that I'm one of biggest Wiggins hater out there. While I recognize the lack of impact Wiggins on the game of basketball, mainly due to his vastly overrated defense. In fact, Wiggins leads the Wolves rotation players in negative plus/minus.

However, I have to recognize that Wiggins has some offensive talent through 1) very hot shooting recently, 2) having a jumper that is much better than I expected.

LoneyROY7
01-08-2015, 01:40 AM
We all know that I'm one of biggest Wiggins hater out there. While I recognize the lack of impact Wiggins on the game of basketball, mainly due to his vastly overrated defense. In fact, Wiggins leads the Wolves rotation players in negative plus/minus.

However, I have to recognize that Wiggins has some offensive talent through 1) very hot shooting recently, 2) having a jumper that is much better than I expected.

:eek:

rlsmooth775
01-08-2015, 01:45 AM
he WANTED that last shot. Wanted it. More than I can say for some other players.

and he missed it

rlsmooth775
01-08-2015, 01:45 AM
all this hate and nonsense just to protect a decision by your hero's front office?

Pathetic

I thought he was overrated since high school

JtotheIzzo
01-08-2015, 01:48 AM

Yes the key player on a losing team has a bad plus/minus :eek:

I have seen you on here profess your intelligence and grasp of numbers in several different posts, yet you are willfully ignorant with how you throw around a stat like +/- which someone like you, who is a self proclaimed stats-magician, should know is pretty much empty fodder and a useless tool for measuring individual basketball players, and only useful (and even then somewhat) in 5 man unit measures.

So, someone who knows better continues to trumpet something he knows is a poor indicator.

hmmm...

if I was to measure the stats in the contents of your post it would read two conclusions:

A: agenda
B: hater

You can't have it both ways, you are either an observer or a hater. Pick one and we will view you as such going forward.

My guess is that with the olive branch you extended in the quoted post you are willing to play on the side of common sense. More moves in this direction will improve your standing here.

Bigsmoke
01-08-2015, 06:25 AM

He a rookie.

Bigsmoke
01-08-2015, 06:34 AM

How many rookies play better D?

ralph_i_el
01-08-2015, 01:05 PM

I'd think a fellow Wizards fan would have some sympathy for a sad sack franchise :facepalm How have we been any better in the past decade (prior to this one season that isn't over yet).

This is how you get people to hate your favorite team buddy.

My thoughts on Wiggins:

-Beautiful shooting form. The shot will come.
-Holy crap is this kid smooth when he runs. I would give my left nut to be 6'8" and that agile.
-Step backs, spin moves, and post ups. One day he'll be efficient enough to be doing that stuff for a good team. It's nice to see a rookie with the balls to attempt the stuff he does.

How is there already so much hate for a 19 year old? Classless. He's a kid out there playing against men.

SugarHill
01-08-2015, 01:56 PM

:biggums:

russwest0
01-08-2015, 01:59 PM
If Wiggins can keep his turnovers at just 2 a game on 32 minutes a game, I'll be impressed.

He has a chance to develop into a hybrid player who meets the criteria of EFFICIENT and DOMINANT.... a la Jordan or Durant.

Love this kid and so glad Bran shipped him out of Cleveland.

VeeCee15
01-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Main thing missing right now is BALL HANDLING.

If he had handles..he could get many more FTs per game. Right now he's not getting the the FT line.

Wiggins biggest surprise so far is that he really hustles and plays well off the ball.

ralph_i_el
01-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Main thing missing right now is BALL HANDLING.

If he had handles..he could get many more FTs per game. Right now he's not getting the the FT line.

Wiggins biggest surprise so far is that he really hustles and plays well off the ball.

Wasn't that KD's weakness?
And Young Frobe?

plowking
01-08-2015, 10:21 PM
8 game stretch starting from the Cavs game:

22/5/2 on 52/42/69

Dude seems to be getting it. Doesn't force the 3 ball either.

JtotheIzzo
01-08-2015, 10:56 PM
5-29 empty stats

Of all the dumb things you've said, and there are volumes of retardness coming from your keyboard, this might be the dumbest.

Rookies cutting their teeth and getting reps and experience in big spots is a clear antithesis of empty stats, in fact, few stats are more valuable or have greater long term value to a young players future and development.

Get your head out of your ass.

russwest0
01-08-2015, 11:04 PM
8 game stretch starting from the Cavs game:

22/5/2 on 52/42/69

Dude seems to be getting it. Doesn't force the 3 ball either.

Damn, he's been on a roll ever since annihilating Bran.

asd
01-09-2015, 12:45 AM
This is the Wiggins I saw in his high school mixtape

VeeCee15
01-09-2015, 05:16 AM
Wasn't that KD's weakness?
And Young Frobe?

I hate Kobe and think he's the most overrated athlete ever. But he seemed to have much better handles than Wiggins as a rookie. His crossover was nice.
I think KD really improved his handles over the years? Haven't been a big follower of him.

Bigsmoke
01-18-2015, 12:49 AM
31 on 11/17 shooting :bowdown:

LoneyROY7
01-18-2015, 12:54 AM
Future of the league. :applause:

raprap
01-18-2015, 02:40 AM
If he improves his ball handling, we have our next superstar. Jumpshot is already money, post ups are great for his age, athletic and great potential on defense. Flip has done a great job so far. Tanking and improving the right players for their future. :applause:

KG215
01-18-2015, 10:19 AM
He's now on a 13-game stretch of averaging 21-5-3-1-1 on 51/46/78 shooting and 59% TS. He's going to be a stud. It's very impressive how quickly he's improving. Wish Parker hadn't gotten hurt because he was actually having a better season than Wiggins before he got hurt, although that's not saying much. Not saying Parker would've improved this rapidly and essentially turned into a 20-5-3 player, but it would've been interesting to see how much he kept improving as he adjusted to the NBA.

veilside23
01-18-2015, 10:29 AM
haters??? wiggins plays zero defense? where did you freaking get that.. and someone said that parker plays average defense... what are you guys been upto lately ? krokodil it seems like it based on your comments...

31 pts 4 blocks 3 steals doesnt play defense? YES GREAT only morons think that way.

red1
01-18-2015, 10:33 AM
yes wiggins :applause: Im glad he was able to turn his season around so quickly. future nba mvp