PDA

View Full Version : Are we all in agreement?

Nowitness
01-02-2015, 01:34 PM
That Bill Walton would have been the greatest C of all time and the second greatest ever if he had a full, healthy career?

riseagainst
01-02-2015, 01:38 PM
2nd GOAT?

:hammerhead:

ImKobe
01-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Not above Kareem or Shaq tbh

Nowitness
01-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Not above Kareem or Shaq tbh

Above both. x10 the interior defender, better passer, rebounder, leader even with worse teams.

They are better scorers, in 2 healthy seasons Walton was a;

MVP
FMVP
DPOY
All Star
All NBA and All Defensive First
Sixth Man
Champion.

The Untouchable Hippie.

imdaman99
01-02-2015, 01:49 PM
It's debatable. Was before my time, but he was really dominant in his Portland Trailblazers run. We will never know, how can you ask if we're all in agreement? :facepalm

ImKobe
01-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Above both. x10 the interior defender, better passer, rebounder, leader even with worse teams.

MVP
FMVP
DPOY
All Star
Sixth Man
Champion.

The Untouchable Hippie.

Kareem & Shaq >>>>>>>>>>>

LAZERUSS
01-02-2015, 01:56 PM
That Bill Walton would have been the greatest C of all time and the second greatest ever if he had a full, healthy career?

In terms of all-around skills...

Wilt and KAJ easily better...

how do I know? Watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coHMKlx7Was&playnext=1&videos=YqP06ya0k4w

And, yes, a prime Shaq was more of a force, as well.

A healthy Walton would have been on par with Hakeem and D-Rob, though.

Nowitness
01-02-2015, 01:58 PM

Basketball is a game. But let's look at both men. Kareem changes his name for Islam. I can dig that. Bill Walton goes to jail against the Vietnam war and is said to exhibit questionable behavior in the "off season" by the coach he idolizes to this day. Kareem does career closing interviews in the 80's saying how much he can't stand the fans. Walton plays 13 years hobbled by injury while battling a speech impediment. Ultimately Walton ends up a national broadcaster. Kareem is a *unt.

LAZERUSS
01-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Basketball is a game. But let's look at both men. Kareem changes his name for Islam. I can dig that. Bill Walton goes to jail against the Vietnam war and is said to exhibit questionable behavior in the "off season" by the coach he idolizes to this day. Kareem does career closing interviews in the 80's saying how much he can't stand the fans. Walton plays 13 years hobbled by injury while battling a speech impediment. Ultimately Walton ends up a national broadcaster. Kareem is a *unt.

Can anyone else here make ANY sense out of this post?

LAZERUSS
01-02-2015, 02:35 PM

MVP
FMVP
DPOY
All Star
Sixth Man
Champion.

The Untouchable Hippie.

Let me ask you this...

A peak Walton, in his '76 and '77 seasons, played in 123 games. His teams'went a combined 92-31 (.748).

In those two seasons combined, Walton averaged about 34 mpg, 18.8 ppg, 13.8 rpg, 4.4 apg, 2.9 bpg, and shot about .525 from the field.

A peak KAJ in 163 games in his '71 and '72 seasons, and his team's went a combined 128-35 (.767.)

In those two seasons, KAJ averaged about 42 mpg, 32.5 ppg, 16.3 rpg, 3.9 apg, probably at least 3.5 bpg, and shot about .575 from the field. BTW, his team's had the best defense in the league in both years.

And how about Wilt in his '67 and '68 seasons? His team's went a combined 130-33 (.798.)

And in those two seasons, he averaged about 46 mpg, 24.2 ppg, 24.0 rpg, 8.2 apg, probably 8+ bpg, and shot about .640 from the field. And he was likely the best defensive player in the entire league in those two seasons, as well.

Now you tell me who was greater...

PistonsFan#21
01-02-2015, 03:21 PM

Wow just clicked on the link you posted and Walton was playing some of the weakest defense ever in that game :facepalm

chocolatethunder
01-02-2015, 03:24 PM

I agree with this.

stanlove1111
01-02-2015, 03:37 PM

Its not laughable to think Walton would have joined Russell.Wilt,Jabbar,Bird,Magic,and Jordan at the top of the list. That's how good he was..

stanlove1111
01-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Your joking right. You show one game as proof that Jabbar was better and in a series where many thought Walton proved to be the better center.

Walton was a better al around player then Jabbar, but Jabbar was the much better scorer.

stanlove1111
01-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Let me ask you this...

A peak Walton, in his '76 and '77 seasons, played in 123 games. His teams'went a combined 92-31 (.748).

In those two seasons combined, Walton averaged about 34 mpg, 18.8 ppg, 13.8 rpg, 4.4 apg, 2.9 bpg, and shot about .525 from the field.

A peak KAJ in 163 games in his '71 and '72 seasons, and his team's went a combined 128-35 (.767.)

In those two seasons, KAJ averaged about 42 mpg, 32.5 ppg, 16.3 rpg, 3.9 apg, probably at least 3.5 bpg, and shot about .575 from the field. BTW, his team's had the best defense in the league in both years.

And how about Wilt in his '67 and '68 seasons? His team's went a combined 130-33 (.798.)

And in those two seasons, he averaged about 46 mpg, 24.2 ppg, 24.0 rpg, 8.2 apg, probably 8+ bpg, and shot about .640 from the field. And he was likely the best defensive player in the entire league in those two seasons, as well.

Now you tell me who was greater...

LOL..Gee I think you forgot something there, not on purpose I am sure..Walton's team where awful without him and Wilt's and Jabbar's were not..Didn't the 76ers end up with the second best record in the league the year after Wilt left.

Walton in 76-78 has a good claim as the most valuable player ever in the NBA and value is all that matters not individual stats.

LAZERUSS
01-02-2015, 03:59 PM
LOL..Gee I think you forgot something there, not on purpose I am sure..Walton's team where awful without him and Wilt's and Jabbar's were not..Didn't the 76ers end up with the second best record in the league the year after Wilt left.

Walton in 76-78 has a good claim as the most valuable player ever in the NBA and value is all that matters not individual stats.

Of course, those Blazer teams were SHIT without MAURICE LUCAS, too. In fact, withOUT Walton, they went 45-37 in 78-79. Lucas was clearly their best player in the WCF's against LA in '77 BTW.

Wilt's Sixers? before he arrived... 34-46.
Thy TRADED him for THREE players in 68-69, TWO of them that had put up a combined 29 ppg and 15 rpg in '68. BTW, those two players combined for...get this... 36 ppg on a .510 FG%, and 20 rpg in the first round of the playoffs...and their Sixers were routed, 4-1 by an aging 48-34 Celtic team.

Just the season before, a Sixer team DECIMATED by injuries, including Wilt, himself, had forged a 3-1 series against that same Celtic team, before losing a game seven by FOUR points. Oh, and just the year before that...Wilt DEMOLISHED Russell and his eight-time defending (and 60-21) Celtics, in leading his team to a 4-1 blowout over Boston.

THAT was Wilt's TRUE IMPACT.

And BTW, before you bring up Wilt's 68-69 Lakers, they not only set a team record, at the time, of 55-27, Wilt basically replaced Imhoff, Clark, and GOODRICH, and their combined 42 ppg and 18 rpg from 68-69.

aj1987
01-02-2015, 04:19 PM

Prime Shaq would've literally RAPED Wilt. Shaq is the GOAT center.
Inb4 KAJ vs Wilt, KAJ vs Hakeem, and Shaq vs Hakeem.

stanlove1111
01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Of course, those Blazer teams were SHIT without MAURICE LUCAS, too. In fact, withOUT Walton, they went 45-37 in 78-79. Lucas was clearly their best player in the WCF's against LA in '77 BTW.

Wilt's Sixers? before he arrived... 34-46.
Thy TRADED him for THREE players in 68-69, TWO of them that had put up a combined 29 ppg and 15 rpg in '68. BTW, those two players combined for...get this... 36 ppg on a .510 FG%, and 20 rpg in the first round of the playoffs...and their Sixers were routed, 4-1 by an aging 48-34 Celtic team.

Just the season before, a Sixer team DECIMATED by injuries, including Wilt, himself, had forged a 3-1 series against that same Celtic team, before losing a game seven by FOUR points. Oh, and just the year before that...Wilt DEMOLISHED Russell and his eight-time defending (and 60-21) Celtics, in leading his team to a 4-1 blowout over Boston.

THAT was Wilt's TRUE IMPACT.

And BTW, before you bring up Wilt's 68-69 Lakers, they not only set a team record, at the time, of 55-27, Wilt basically replaced Imhoff, Clark, and GOODRICH, and their combined 42 ppg and 18 rpg from 68-69.

Its always an odd thing when Walton is discussed the way people who downplay him always talk about Lucas. yes we know every team has a second best player which is what Lucas was, and one of the worst second best players ever on a title team. Yet its like a reflex to bring him up when talking about Walton..

And saying Lucas was Portland's best player in the WCF is once again showing you are a 12 year old who found a stat book. Walton battled Jabbar and many people thought he outplayed Jabbar was Lucas got good stats against Ford and this makes you claim Lucas was the better player in the series..Laughable like usual..

Nowitness
01-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Once more LAZERUSS has been destroyed.