PDA

View Full Version : Personality Disorders

Dresta
01-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Inspired by that retaxis guy and his love of personality disorder classifications. Earlier discussion to be found here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364172&page=3

This is an opportunity for all ISHers to acquire their own badge of victim-hood (stand up and be counted 'white males' - this is your chance!). I know some of the questions are dumb as hell, but i'm sure they'll produce something useful!

My results:

Disorder | Rating

ParanoidDisorder | Low
SchizoidDisorder | High
SchizotypalDisorder | Low
AntisocialDisorder | Moderate
BorderlineDisorder | Moderate
HistrionicDisorder | Low
NarcissisticDisorder | High
AvoidantDisorder | Low
DependentDisorder | Low
Obsessive-CompulsiveDisorder | Moderate

URL of the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv
URL for more info: http://www.4degreez.com/disorder/index.html

:( - looks like i have some problems.

I like that because i'm honest enough to admit that i care more about myself than about others, i suffer from the narcissistic disorder. I suspect this has been skewed by the fact that i see caring about others as only being an indirect means of caring about oneself. Admitting that we can only see things from our own perspective is now a disorder. Mental health: where honesty = illness.

Try to be honest ISHers. Funnily enough, these tests tend only to show you as you perceive yourself, rather than how you actually are.

It's also interesting that i would almost certainly have come out completely different had i taken this 4-5 years ago, which really goes to show how silly it is to classify these as illnesses or 'disorders.' God knows where i'd be had i gone to the doctor and been placed on the meds: these things ritualise people in dependency, and prevent their growth and development because they seek to eliminate pain and suffering, as it is how we respond to these things that make a man who he is, not how we medicate ourselves into imbecility and stasis.

Trollsmasher
01-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Paranoid: High
Schizoid: Very High
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: Moderate
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Very High
Avoidant: High
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

seem in accordance with what I thought, apart from paranoia

ace23
01-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Test needed some intermediate options

http://i.snag.gy/oMTH3.jpg

kNIOKAS
01-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Good you got on to your issues.

Dresta
01-02-2015, 03:45 PM
You two are almost the same :lol ^^^^^^^^^^

Both in the 'serious issues' category - get some help, maybe pm retaxis, he's the expert :confusedshrug:

alenleomessi
01-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Do others see you as being cold and distant? Yes
Have other people accused you of being cruel to animals or people? Yes
Do you sometimes profit at the expense of others, without being bothered by the pain or damage you may cause them? Yes
Are you prone to bouts of anger? Yes
Are you often uninterested in the feelings of others? Yes
Are you quick to anger when your expectations are not met? Yes
Are you focused on order and perfection? Yes
Have you ever been in jail or done something that you could be put in jail for? Yes
Do you engage in any obsessive or compulsive behavior? Yes

Press Here to Calculate Results.. Not today

Trollsmasher
01-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Shit, that site surely sent my info alongside with my IP to the goverment the and *****

Goddamnit

Dresta
01-02-2015, 04:01 PM
http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ico/sprays/itsatrap.jpg

Heavincent
01-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Paranoid | Low
Schizoid | Low
Schizotypal | Moderate
Antisocial | Moderate
Borderline | High
Histrionic| Low
Narcissistic | Low
Avoidant| Very High
Dependent| Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive | Moderate

highwhey
01-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Whats funny is that every poster on here has multiple accounts and will probably post different results on the strength of their particular fictitious character. Kinda sad actually.

CasterL
01-02-2015, 05:23 PM
<table><tr><th>Disorder</th><th>Result</th></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/paranoid.html">ParanoidDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizoid.html">SchizoidDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">SchizotypalDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#909;">Moderate</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">AntisocialDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#909;">Moderate</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">BorderlineDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">HistrionicDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#909;">Moderate</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">NarcissisticDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#909;">Moderate</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">AvoidantDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">DependentDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">Obsessive-CompulsiveDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><a href="//www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv">Do I Have a Personality Disorder?</a> --<br>-- <a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/index.html">$linkText2</a> --</td></tr></table>

Answered genuinley, pretty boring. I don't put much stock in this sort of thing, but a good friend of mine has described me as so balanced it's unbalanced.

I agree we definatley try and label people to readily. This need to demonise what are often just personality traits is often lazy pseudoscience imo. A lot of it is a sliding scale anyway, just being arrogant and not giving a **** about others doesn't mean your a narcissist, just a douchebag. Only in extreme circumstances do alot of these things really warrant classification. It also gives people an excuse not to improve themselves in many circumstances. Your not good at something? Work at it. Your inclined to x behaviour? Address it yourself. Accountability.

Having said that it's a thin line, one of my friends struggles massivley with a disorder, which has really changed his life. We often discuss if it could of been identified earlier, was it cultured more by nature or nurture etc. Undoubtedly though this would be done by more aggressive labelling and behavioural monitoring.... Which I'm generally not in agreement with.

Interesting thread old bean.

Edit: link not working as I'm on my phone. Will sort later.

Timmy D for MVP
01-02-2015, 07:18 PM
I think it needs more options on the test.

Like I got high Schizoid, and I can see why it came up that way on the test because I do prefer to be alone or in the company my closest. But I have great social skills, I do not fear social interaction, just often don't prefer it. I am considered to be funny. I feel like the results came up because it's a yes or no deal.

ArbitraryWater
01-02-2015, 09:07 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/cb84f0611b5d96794579c25e09952090.png

Didn't really see myself go "high" anywhere, but I wouldn't have been surprised if I would have been on Narcissistic, or perhaps Antisocial..

SugarHill
01-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Whats funny is that every poster on here has multiple accounts and will probably post different results on the strength of their particular fictitious character. Kinda sad actually.
the thought of anyone doing that is insane. :kobe:

Myth
01-02-2015, 11:05 PM
Paranoid:
Low
Schizoid:
Low
Schizotypal:
Low
Antisocial:
Moderate
Borderline:
Low
Histrionic:
Low
Narcissistic:
Low
Avoidant:
Low
Dependent:
Low
Obsessive-Compulsive:
Low

The only surprise is that antisocial wasn't also low. I'm pretty outgoing and extraverted.

longhornfan1234
01-02-2015, 11:34 PM
ParanoidDisorder | High
SchizoidDisorder | Low
SchizotypalDisorder | Moderate
BorderlineDisorder | High
HistrionicDisorder | High
NarcissisticDisorder | High
AvoidantDisorder | High
DependentDisorder | Very High

I guess I have issues.

MavsSuperFan
01-02-2015, 11:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/09x0N0z.png

For most of the questions I would have answered something in between if i could.

Eg. Do you often have intense self doubt.

I would have said sometimes i have self doubt, but I dont think its often or intense so I said no. But obviously we all have self doubt.

Bless Mathews
01-03-2015, 12:06 AM

That's next level bOarding.

Rookie.

Graviton
01-03-2015, 12:27 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/347a9zb.png

Swaggin916
01-03-2015, 05:58 AM
I have high Avoidant... yup sounds right.

Im so nba'd out
01-03-2015, 06:43 AM
we all know who you're talking about but anyway heres mine

http://s21.postimg.org/sahbuj63b/im_better_than_you.jpg

ILLsmak
01-04-2015, 11:27 AM
shit... here.

Disorder | Rating

ParanoidDisorder | Moderate
SchizoidDisorder | Moderate
BorderlineDisorder | Moderate
HistrionicDisorder | Low
NarcissisticDisorder | Low
AvoidantDisorder | Moderate
DependentDisorder | Low
Obsessive-CompulsiveDisorder | High

I wonder if this is gonna work as a paste. lol. Cuz I answered do you engage in obsessive compulsive activities, and I think I do sometimes.

Edit 2: But to be fair these tests are all bullshit, there needs to be a person asking questions and asking questions related to the questions, discerning, etc. Altho I do wonder if many shrinks know whats up... they probably treat it a lot like this test. YES/NO?

-Smak

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-05-2015, 08:15 AM
[QUOTE] In action, low-level (properly called

GimmeThat
01-05-2015, 08:35 AM
this reminds me of Michael Clarke Duncan and the Green Mile

YouGotServed
01-05-2015, 08:58 AM
everything is moderate except schizotypal and avoidant.

schizo low, avoidant berry high.

dunksby
01-05-2015, 09:24 AM
It's a very limited and general test to gauge anything and the questions are a little too transparent but I guess the tested should answer in honesty for this to work.

Disorder | Rating

ParanoidDisorder | Low
SchizoidDisorder | Low
BorderlineDisorder | Low
HistrionicDisorder | Moderate
NarcissisticDisorder | Moderate
AvoidantDisorder | Low
DependentDisorder | Low
Obsessive-CompulsiveDisorder | Low

fiddy