PDA

View Full Version : Besides the Bulls, no other team in the East is even a threat to any West playoff tea

lilteapot
01-02-2015, 04:13 PM
It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that a West team will win the title this year. Raptors and Wizards are good but not good enough. I got the Mavs winning.

imdaman99
01-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Which elite West team are the Bulls beating?

ThunderLips
01-02-2015, 04:20 PM
It's cute how you think your mere opinion is a "foregone conclusion".

That is all. Carry on.

atljonesbro
01-02-2015, 04:20 PM
The Hawks have been destroying the West lately.

ThunderLips
01-02-2015, 04:21 PM

They have a decent chance at beating any of them IMO.

97 bulls
01-02-2015, 04:22 PM
I don't think we've seen the best this Bulls team has due to constant injuries and thus chemistry could be better. Combine that with the fact that a lot of their games have been on the road.

imdaman99
01-02-2015, 04:23 PM
They have a decent chance at beating any of them IMO.
Pau Gasol will turn into his soft self playing against the West that he's done for the last 3 years. There's a lot more very good players on each West team as opposed to East teams which have usually 1 good player. Most of the stars are out west. I don't see them being a pushover but I see them losing in 6 to any of the top 8.

pastis
in a 7 games series i dont see any top 8 east team, besides the bulls, beating a west top 10 team right now.

maybe cleveland, but all depends on lebron

atljonesbro
in a 7 games series i dont see any top 8 besides the bulls beat a west top 10 team right now.

maybe cleveland, but all depends on lebron
The West has become as overrated as the SEC in college football :roll: . Loads of teams in the East an beat the West in a 7 game series.

imdaman99
01-02-2015, 04:24 PM
I don't think we've seen the best this Bulls team has due to constant injuries and thus chemistry could be better. Combine that with the fact that a lot of their games have been on the road.
I guess that's the scary part. They had like a 7 game winning streak but they are not a very good home team for some reason.

ThunderLips
01-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Pau Gasol will turn into his soft self playing against the West that he's done for the last 3 years. There's a lot more very good players on each West team as opposed to East teams which have usually 1 good player. Most of the stars are out west. I don't see them being a pushover but I see them losing in 6 to any of the top 8.

You'd favour Phoenix over the Bulls? :facepalm

pastis
01-02-2015, 04:26 PM
The West has become as overrated as the SEC in college football :roll: . Loads of teams in the East an beat the West in a 7 game series.

in a 7 games series? so tell me pls

imdaman99
01-02-2015, 04:28 PM
You'd favour OKC over the Bulls? :facepalm
Yeah, I would. That could be a great series. Imagine the storylines :eek:

3peated
01-02-2015, 04:32 PM
hawks and wizards are both lookin real good. i would n't count out toronto either.

ThunderLips
01-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I would. That could be a great series. Imagine the storylines :eek:

Last time I checked, OKC wasn't in the top 8. But it doesn't matter because:

You'd favor the Clippers over the bulls? :facepalm

eeeeeebro
01-02-2015, 04:40 PM
thats because jordan dominated the league so hard years ago that west got all the draft picks and traded them good picks for more picks and now the league is just off course.

COnDEMnED
01-02-2015, 04:41 PM
List them. The loads of teams, list them. :coleman:

nba_55
01-02-2015, 05:04 PM
List them. The loads of teams, list them. :coleman:
Bulls ( They will the best team in the league if they stay healthy)
Raptors
Wizards
Hawks

navy
01-02-2015, 05:05 PM
The West is good, but the only teams I would take over the East everytime are OKC and healthy Spurs. Let's see if they get there.

Bigsmoke
01-02-2015, 05:08 PM

Any of them

Bigsmoke
01-02-2015, 05:10 PM
:
thats because jordan dominated the league so hard years ago that west got all the draft picks and traded them good picks for more picks and now the league is just off course.

****** aint going to those East teams unless something is going for them

COnDEMnED
01-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Raptors
Wizards
Hawks
Unlikely
No
No
No

Don't tell me what team is the best based on "If's". If the Bulls are the best team, say so. If they aren't, don't make exceptions for them to achieve that plateau. Those other three aren't worth commenting. 4 doesn't equate to loads, even if three out of the four is a lie.

nba_55
01-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Unlikely
No
No
No

Don't tell me what team is the best based on "If's". If the Bulls are the best team, say so. If they aren't, don't make exceptions for them to achieve that plateau. Those other three aren't worth commenting. 4 doesn't equate to loads, even if three out of the four is a lie.

Your ''unlikely'' and your 3 ''no'', what did you base them on? As far as I remember, the top estern conference teams had a winning record against the top western conference teams.

COnDEMnED
01-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Your ''unlikely'' and your 3 ''no'', what did you base them on? As far as I remember, the top estern conference teams had a winning record against the top western conference teams.
You're right, Orlando's championship against the Lakers was pretty sweet. Lets see if Dwight can get ring number two.

nba_55
01-02-2015, 05:32 PM
You're right, Orlando's championship against the Lakers was pretty sweet. Lets see if Dwight can get ring number two.

WTF? Why are you bringing Orlando?

atljonesbro
01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Unlikely
No
No
No

The top east teams have a winning record vs the West. You're just living in the past and scared of change. The East is coming up, but you wanna live in your deluded world. Like I said, the West is becoming the SEC in terms of being overrated. They'll be exposed too though.

turret
01-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Raptors
Wizards
Hawks

+1

Hawks were always the Pacers kryptonite / when they were good
hawks tough match up problems

Wizards with healthy Nene/Webster
deep team

bulls what he said

Legends66NBA7
01-02-2015, 06:01 PM
It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that a West team will win the title this year. Raptors and Wizards are good but not good enough. I got the Mavs winning.

True, West probably will win.

Toronto is the most overrated team of all-time, so I'm not sure why they are ever mentioned.

jbryan1984
01-02-2015, 06:17 PM
7 game series are very different than the regular season. I am hoping the Cavs can still hang in there and at least make the ECF. I know right we look bad, especially with 4 of our 5 starters injured, but I am hoping we get a big before the deadline and can get back on track here. I still say Atlanta ain't going to be anything but a second round exit. Just like always.

imdaman99
01-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Last time I checked, OKC wasn't in the top 8. But it doesn't matter because:

You'd favor the Clippers over the bulls? :facepalm
You're crazy if you think OKC doesn't overtake the Suns for at least the 8th spot :oldlol:

As for the Clips... you may be right. That's the 1 team I don't trust come playoff time. Maybe the Rockets as well. We will see. Both them need to prove something in the playoffs.

atljonesbro
01-02-2015, 06:41 PM
7 game series are very different than the regular season. I am hoping the Cavs can still hang in there and at least make the ECF. I know right we look bad, especially with 4 of our 5 starters injured, but I am hoping we get a big before the deadline and can get back on track here. I still say Atlanta ain't going to be anything but a second round exit. Just like always.
Lol saying the Hawks are a 2nd round team but the Cavs make the ECF? They'll be lucky to win 2 games in the first round. Very mediocre team, done absolutely nothing to prove otherwise.

comerb
01-02-2015, 08:54 PM

I think the Bulls are potentially as good as anyone in the West comes April/June. They're working out the kinks right now.

lilteapot
01-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Bulls are good enough to beat the Clippers and Portland, as far as elite west teams go.

Straight_Ballin
01-02-2015, 09:03 PM
There is honestly no telling what Kyrie is capable of doing in a finals game against the west with all the defense focusing on Lebron and Love. I'm predicting a Kobe/Jordanesque finals appearance out of Kyrie if it comes down to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yANOUTrAaQI

lilteapot
01-02-2015, 09:05 PM
There is honestly no telling what Kyrie is capable of doing in a finals game against the west with all the defense focusing on Lebron and Love. I'm predicting a Kobe/Jordanesque finals appearance out of Kyrie if it comes down to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yANOUTrAaQI
Kyrie is definitely capable of taking over games.

stephanieg
01-02-2015, 09:42 PM
People have been saying "this time the Hawks are for real y'all" since friggin' 2008.

COnDEMnED
01-03-2015, 04:20 AM
WTF? Why are you bringing Orlando?
Because Orlando swept the Lakers in the regular season, then when they met in the finals everyone was saying "Oh Orlando swept the Lakers in the regular season, cake walk for Orlando championship", then the Magic got dick slapped in the face by a wet dong. It was my way of being a dick by agreeing with your theory that regular season wins equate to playoff advances, even though I clearly know better. Pure passive aggressiveness. Maybe too passive since you didn't even get it. I'll work on that in the future, being more direct and such. :D