PDA

View Full Version : Every one of the Wizards' starters played great, they just didn't have Kevin Durant.

russwest0
01-03-2015, 03:06 AM
That's really all it comes down to. You saw it right before the 4th quarter, OKC down 6 with 30 seconds left and KD drills two threes to make it a tie game heading into the 4th, where he took over some more.

lilteapot
01-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Pretty much.

Dude is straight unstoppable.

Angel Face
01-03-2015, 03:22 AM
Missed the game but watched their game against phx. Too see how dominant he is in the offensive end, you would question if that guy really got injured because he's too good. Dude is easily the best scorer I've since since MJ. Best player today, hands down. :applause:

Relinquish
01-03-2015, 03:23 AM
Can't wait until we have that Kevin Durant guy in a few years from now. :cheers:

Budadiiii
01-03-2015, 03:32 AM
Actually being in the arena really magnifies how much better he is than everybody else on the court.

He's not even attacking the basket because of his foot/ankle injuries. Doesn't matter. His jumper is so wet and his killer instinct won't allow him to not be effective.

The guy is on a different level. Westbrook, as much as I love him, really needs to change or I might turn on him. I ****ing HATE that KD isn't getting easy baskets every game. The only priority for OKC is to feed Durant. Get him the ball. Doesn't matter what part of the game it is GET HIM THE ****ING BALL. Period.

Westbrook pulling up and bricking just doesn't do it for me. His touch is flat out bad. Great athlete, great competitor, but we'll never win with him being this aggressive on offense.

ImKobe
01-03-2015, 03:54 AM
Dude's jumper is unguardable.

He literally looks like a MyPlayer on 2K...a 6-10 SF with unlimited range.

Collie
01-03-2015, 03:56 AM
Dude is averaging nearly 1 point per minute.

pastis
01-03-2015, 04:20 AM
nice how KD uses the Dirk fadeaway. he admits to love Dirk, that he is one of his favorite players and that he admitted to steal his shot.

Dirk :bowdown: :bowdown:
Durant :bowdown: :bowdown:

like i said it from the beginning of the WB hype: its DURANTs team not WB, Durant is way better than WB. WB is a childish, explosive, inconsistent athletic scorer. not on durants level.

dunksby
01-03-2015, 04:25 AM
nice how KD uses the Dirk fadeaway. he admits to love Dirk, that he is one of his favorite players and that he admitted to steal his shot.

Dirk :bowdown: :bowdown:
Durant :bowdown: :bowdown:

like i said it from the beginning of the WB hype: its DURANTs team not WB, Durant is way better than WB. WB is a childish, explosive, inconsistent athletic scorer. not on durants level.
It's not stealing it's mastering another great's signature shot, like a tribute.

hawksdogsbraves
01-03-2015, 04:32 AM
KD really is unbelievable.

Just going to make it that much harder though when he ditches the Thunder.

masonanddixon
01-03-2015, 04:34 AM
Looks like Wall played like shit

Relinquish
01-03-2015, 04:52 AM
Looks like Wall played like shit

14 pts and 12 assists with solid defense. Wall also shot 2 or 3 end of quarter full court heaves, so his percentage looks worse than it was in actuality. He definitely did not play "shit."

masonanddixon
01-03-2015, 05:32 AM
14 pts and 12 assists with solid defense. Wall also shot 2 or 3 end of quarter full court heaves, so his percentage looks worse than it was in actuality. He definitely did not play "shit."

Ah all right. Admittedly I was just box score watching.

PsychoBe
01-03-2015, 05:43 AM
best offensive performance in 2015

tontoz
01-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Ah all right. Admittedly I was just box score watching.

Your box score watching needs work. 14/12 with 1 turnover and you think he had a sh!t game?

:facepalm

ralph_i_el
01-03-2015, 12:32 PM
He had that one play where he tripped going to the rim, falls away and puts it off glass from about 8ft :bowdown: I'm not even mad.

I'm a huge Wizards fan, and I think this game is going to stick in Durants mind if he decides he's going to leave OKC. The Wiz really did play an all-around excellent game until Durant took over. Beal was not letting Westbrook outshine him (Beal always seems to play with more focus when the other team has a really good scoring guard). Durant on this Wiz team would be unbelievable. I've been saying it for a few years, but imagine Durant getting all those open looks that Wall has been feeding his SF's over the past few years. He could conceivably shoot 45-50% on 3's playing next to Wall.

BigTicket
01-03-2015, 12:42 PM
He's an incredibly gifted scorer that's for sure. Probably the 3rd best in NBA history (behind Jordan and Wilt).

He's already got 4 scoring titles, and likely to get his 5th this year, and he's still only 26.

russwest0
01-04-2015, 02:52 AM
He had that one play where he tripped going to the rim, falls away and puts it off glass from about 8ft :bowdown: I'm not even mad.

I'm a huge Wizards fan, and I think this game is going to stick in Durants mind if he decides he's going to leave OKC. The Wiz really did play an all-around excellent game until Durant took over. Beal was not letting Westbrook outshine him (Beal always seems to play with more focus when the other team has a really good scoring guard). Durant on this Wiz team would be unbelievable. I've been saying it for a few years, but imagine Durant getting all those open looks that Wall has been feeding his SF's over the past few years. He could conceivably shoot 45-50% on 3's playing next to Wall.

Thing too is the Wizards have a coach who appears to have a decent basketball IQ.

In OKC though you have an absolutely first class front office and development team, and thats something thats hard to leave, kind of like San Antonio. The Thunder are just missing a solid coach. Should have gotten Kerr this past offseason.

Budadiiii
01-04-2015, 02:53 AM
What's with all these delusional Wizard fans? He's not coming to your team, ever. Get over it. :lol

ralph_i_el
01-04-2015, 02:57 AM
What's with all these delusional Wizard fans? He's not coming to your team, ever. Get over it. :lol
Are you KD's maid or some shit? How would you know what he's thinking? He loves DC

Budadiiii
01-04-2015, 03:01 AM
Are you KD's maid or some shit? How would you know what he's thinking? He loves DC
He loves OKC too. And he's loyal.

I'd bet my life on him not leaving in 2016. Just isn't gonna happen.

ralph_i_el
01-04-2015, 12:17 PM
He loves OKC too. And he's loyal.

I'd bet my life on him not leaving in 2016. Just isn't gonna happen.

He is also loyal to his people:confusedshrug: I literally ran into his aunt the other day while I was working in Maryland. He has family all over DC/Maryland. He's already playing coy when they ask him about moving to DC. I think there is a significant chance he comes home.

Nobody loves OKC

Budadiiii
01-04-2015, 01:08 PM
He is also loyal to his people:confusedshrug: I literally ran into his aunt the other day while I was working in Maryland. He has family all over DC/Maryland. He's already playing coy when they ask him about moving to DC. I think there is a significant chance he comes home.

Nobody loves OKC
DC is shit

He's not coming back. Deal with it, kid.

ralph_i_el
01-04-2015, 04:17 PM
DC is shit

He's not coming back. Deal with it, kid.

I bet you've never left your midwestern hellhole