PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings might change jersey number

insidehoops
01-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Brandon Jennings might change jersey number

Jennings said he would like to change his jersey number back to No. 3, the one he wore in Milwaukee. When Jennings joined the Pistons before the 2013-14 season, Rodney Stuckey already had No. 3, so Jennings took No. 7. Jennings said he might like to get his old number back, which requires applying before a March deadline to make the switch for 2015-16 under league merchandising requirements.

-- Michigan Live

embersyc
01-03-2015, 07:54 PM
Brandon Jennings might change jersey number

Jennings said he would like to change his jersey number back to No. 3, the one he wore in Milwaukee. When Jennings joined the Pistons before the 2013-14 season, Rodney Stuckey already had No. 3, so Jennings took No. 7. Jennings said he might like to get his old number back, which requires applying before a March deadline to make the switch for 2015-16 under league merchandising requirements.

-- Michigan Live

3 is going into the rafters in a couple years, he should probably pick something else.

ZMonkey11
01-04-2015, 03:44 PM
3 is going into the rafters in a couple years, he should probably pick something else.

Barring a personality change, I don't think he has to worry about being in Detroit after his contract is over.

embersyc
01-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Barring a personality change, I don't think he has to worry about being in Detroit after his contract is over.

If you haven't been paying attention SVG and the rest of the league has been praising Jennings as being the leader during the recent 4 game winning streak. I don't think it's absurd to think that he will stick around.

Aussie Dunker
01-05-2015, 09:29 PM
If he keeps playing the way he has post Smith, he can have whatever number he damn likes! Dude has been amazing... Dem percentages.... Wow

dd24
01-05-2015, 09:30 PM
He has been playing well. Let him change his number. It's irrelevant to me. I just hope he can continue to play at a high level. Trading Smith has put the ball in his hands more. They had Smith being this kind of point forward where Smith was initiating the offense at times. It certainly has helped Jennings being the one guy to run things.

ZMonkey11
01-08-2015, 09:20 PM
If you haven't been paying attention SVG and the rest of the league has been praising Jennings as being the leader during the recent 4 game winning streak. I don't think it's absurd to think that he will stick around.

I guess I haven't. I watch the game, not the soap opera afterwards. And I've seen this narrative from him before. Maybe he's grown up, but two weeks of good to great games won't change my mind because I've already been excited and let down by him in the past.

Aussie Dunker
01-09-2015, 01:53 AM
^^ He is definitely an enigma - very volatile player. I think he would be close to the top of the league for players who have the biggest separation between their worst and best basketball.

Without Smith though he seems a lot more consistent, he will come back down to earth but having a back up like DJ doesn't allow him to slack off because SVG isn't afraid to play DJ heavy minutes in place of Brandon...

ZMonkey11
01-09-2015, 09:46 PM
^^ He is definitely an enigma - very volatile player. I think he would be close to the top of the league for players who have the biggest separation between their worst and best basketball.

Without Smith though he seems a lot more consistent, he will come back down to earth but having a back up like DJ doesn't allow him to slack off because SVG isn't afraid to play DJ heavy minutes in place of Brandon...

That is a very good point. Didn't think about him having to play smarter or better because the Pistons have a capable PG waiting right behind him. Although...I did drop DJ off my fantasy team a looonnggg time ago lol.

Aussie Dunker
01-11-2015, 08:54 PM
^^ Always hard to have backup players on your fantasy roster unless their name is Jamal Crawford or Nick Young!