PDA

View Full Version : Official *Convince me* thread

andgar923
01-03-2015, 10:28 PM
I think Im an open minded person. There are things that I've hated and later loved (Radiohead, Beatles, Apple, trip hop, Dilla). Im open minded to learning and appreciating something new, and Im sure I'm not alone.

In this thread post something you don't like, or hate and others will try to change your mind.

First up.....

Lil ______ anything.

I don't like rappers that have 'Lil' or 'young' in their name. Not a coincidence that they happen to be from the South (nothing against the South). I used to hate Lil Wayne, now I can appreciate some of his work.

Somebody convert me into a 'Lil' or 'Young' ______ fan.

Asiantastic
01-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Lil Wayne has an iPhone.

Love him.

andgar923
01-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Lil Wayne has an iPhone.

Love him.
sold!

JohnFreeman
01-03-2015, 10:50 PM
You hated the Beatles?

enayes
01-03-2015, 10:51 PM
I don't like using or paying for data on a phone, so I don't pay for it and I have a $12 per month cell phone plan. Convince me that I need data when WIFI is all around me.

L.Kizzle
01-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Lil Richard
Lil Anthony and the Imperials
Lil Johnny Taylor

Young Rascals
Young MC

fiddy
01-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Convince me that homosexual and pedos shouldnt be killed with fire.

andgar923
01-03-2015, 11:25 PM
I don't like using or paying for data on a phone, so I don't pay for it and I have a $12 per month cell phone plan. Convince me that I need data when WIFI is all around me.

Emergencies

What happens when there's no wifi and there's an emergency?

TheSilentKiller
01-03-2015, 11:27 PM
Emergencies

What happens when there's no wifi and there's an emergency?
Where would there be an emergency where you need the internet/other shit and a call can't suffice?

don't agree with enayes though.

andgar923
01-03-2015, 11:30 PM
You hated the Beatles?

Yeah

I grew up on them, so everything my mom listened to I began to hate. I got into my 'punk' rock stage and really began to hate them. Thought they were 'boring' and corny. Didn't understand what the big deal was, never 'got' them nor cared about them.

It wasn't until I started to study music and produce/compose myself that I began to see why they were praised.

Same with Radiohead.

Hated the whiny sounding queer/emo music. thought they were for girls and pretentious snobs. But like with the Beatles, I got them when I started to educated myself about music and learned new admiration as I started to produce.

Til this day, I can't for the life of me compose something with the same mood that 'Pyramid Song' provides... simply amazing song.

andgar923
01-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Where would there be an emergency where you need the internet/other shit and a call can't suffice?

don't agree with enayes though.

Well...perhaps not an emergency. But say you get lost and need to get directions or pull up a map.

Also depending on your location and weather around you, it can be important to know up to the minute weather since it can change from the time one left the house.

Also might seem trivial, but up to the minute news.

I've been in situations in which it was important to know up to the minute news (I lived in L.A. all my life and some shit is always happening. Need to know what, when, where, who for safety i.e. earthquake, fires... I now live in Ottawa and needed information on the Parliament shooting for safety purposes).

There's a number of reasons Im sure some will add.

andgar923
01-03-2015, 11:58 PM
Absolutely none of that is important.

To you.

enayes
01-04-2015, 12:00 AM
Well...perhaps not an emergency. But say you get lost and need to get directions or pull up a map.

Also depending on your location and weather around you, it can be important to know up to the minute weather since it can change from the time one left the house.

Also might seem trivial, but up to the minute news.

I've been in situations in which it was important to know up to the minute news (I lived in L.A. all my life and some shit is always happening. Need to know what, when, where, who for safety i.e. earthquake, fires... I now live in Ottawa and needed information on the Parliament shooting for safety purposes).

There's a number of reasons Im sure some will add.

That's all convenient to have but def not worth the extra $60 a month, at least for me

dunksby
01-04-2015, 02:38 AM
Yeah

I grew up on them, so everything my mom listened to I began to hate. I got into my 'punk' rock stage and really began to hate them. Thought they were 'boring' and corny. Didn't understand what the big deal was, never 'got' them nor cared about them.

It wasn't until I started to study music and produce/compose myself that I began to see why they were praised.

Same with Radiohead.

Hated the whiny sounding queer/emo music. thought they were for girls and pretentious snobs. But like with the Beatles, I got them when I started to educated myself about music and learned new admiration as I started to produce.

Til this day, I can't for the life of me compose something with the same mood that 'Pyramid Song' provides... simply amazing song.
Which basically means you never let anyone convince you unless it's so clear that you can't resist it anymore. You are the last one I would expect to open this thread.

dunksby
01-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Do you produce anything good or did you just become a snob?
He is a creative individual.

KyrieTheFuture
01-04-2015, 12:20 PM
I've already tried to convince you that Apple is overrated but you refuse to listen

Bandito
01-04-2015, 12:23 PM
He is a creative individual.
He believes Apple products better than any other just because it has translucent UI. How creative:oldlol:

Stempel, HERB
01-04-2015, 04:13 PM

It's an investment in yourself, dipshit. You might want to join the adult world one day. Do you have any long term goals? Having access to your documents, email and the web is a pretty useful tool in the professional world.

You have it all figured out though. The big money is in ripping off ipods and cashing in those credit card bonuses.

embersyc
01-04-2015, 04:32 PM
In app purchases... I will never make one.

enayes
01-04-2015, 04:35 PM
It's an investment in yourself, dipshit. You might want to join the adult world one day. Do you have any long term goals? Having access to your documents, email and the web is a pretty useful tool in the professional world.

You have it all figured out though. The big money is in ripping off ipods and cashing in those credit card bonuses.

If you have a job that requires you to have "access" to your documents then you should have a company cell phone, so your point is moot. My dad gets a free iphone 5 to use and he works as an outdoor educator at a summer camp. If you have any type of professional job you should have a free cell.

As far as your second comment. I don't have it all figured out but I'm definitely saving more money than the average joe.

Stempel, HERB
01-04-2015, 04:54 PM
If you have a job that requires you to have "access" to your documents then you should have a company cell phone, so your point is moot. My dad gets a free iphone 5 to use and he works as an outdoor educator at a summer camp. If you have any type of professional job you should have a free cell.

As far as your second comment. I don't have it all figured out but I'm definitely saving more money than the average joe.

It's obvious to anyone reading this post, you have no damned idea how the professional world works if you think every new hire is handed an iphone.

You're saving pennies today while the next guy has his eye on where he wants to be 4 or 5 years down the line. What are you doing with the little bit of money you're saving? Throwing it away on a wedding.

I know you think I'm just being a dick to you because it's fun, but you're a loser with no future. No one should read your posts on any subject and ever think anything else.

enayes
01-04-2015, 05:17 PM
It's obvious to anyone reading this post, you have no damned idea how the professional world works if you think every new hire is handed an iphone.

You're saving pennies today while the next guy has his eye on where he wants to be 4 or 5 years down the line. What are you doing with the little bit of money you're saving? Throwing it away on a wedding.

I know you think I'm just being a dick to you because it's fun, but you're a loser with no future. No one should read your posts on any subject and ever think anything else.

I'm actually trying to spend as little on my wedding as possible :oldlol:

And don't worry about me, I just finished my Master's degree and I'm not concerned with my future at all. I'm in excellent health, have a steady job, a fiancee, own a car and have a great dog.

I'm happy.

dannywpt
01-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Can someone convince me that USA is the greatest country in the world and that everyone is better off carrying their own gun rather than banning guns in the first place?

Bandito
01-04-2015, 06:11 PM
I'm actually trying to spend as little on my wedding as possible :oldlol:

And don't worry about me, I just finished my Master's degree and I'm not concerned with my future at all. I'm in excellent health, have a steady job, a fiancee, own a car and have a great dog.

I'm happy.
You're doing good trust me. I use a data phone because I don't have the luxury of having a lot of places with WIFI (I live in Puerto Rico after all:facepalm ) and I would do the same thing as you if I didn't have to use a data plan at all. When I use to live in the US I had a GPS device I bought in Best Buy for 40$ so I didn't even need the data cellphone at all. And honestly I used mostly for maps as I travel a lot and I need to know where I am going.

Stempel, HERB
01-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Hows that future pushing pencils lookin, fvkboy?

You already know the answer. It's your reality :cheers:

Kblaze8855
01-04-2015, 07:15 PM

You ca get google directions with a text. I did it lost in Austin once before everyone had smart phones.

Shade8780
01-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Convince me why it's worth my time to get a good grade in school.

ballup
01-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Are you striving to be a top student?

Bandito
01-04-2015, 09:07 PM
To get into a good college if that's your goal.

JohnFreeman
01-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Yeah

Same with Radiohead.

Fvck Radiohead

TylerOO
01-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Convince me the NFL isn't rigged

enayes
01-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Convince me the NFL isn't rigged

New Champ every year.

russwest0
01-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Convince me that the NBA isn't fixed, to some degree.

Kungfro
01-04-2015, 10:45 PM
Convince me that anime isn't the greatest piece of media out there. Protip: You can't
Most anime adaptations aren't as good as the manga they're based on, therefore manga>anime.

waseem780
01-05-2015, 03:09 AM
convince me on why weed is illegal but alcohol/cigs are legal

waseem780
01-05-2015, 04:02 AM
Weed sucks just as much as the other two.
so why are the other two legal?