PDA

View Full Version : Hawks don't Scare anybody

MMM
01-04-2015, 01:30 AM
but neither does the rest of the East. The East is filled with teams with unproven track records.

Toronto - Current configuration lacks post season experience.

Chicago - Durability might be an issue, not really the same teams from a few season ago as their defensive calling card now seems suspect.

Washington - Good team but seem less proven than Toronto and Atlanta.

Cleveland - Have the best player in the league but he is coasting and nobody else on the teams has a winning pedigree.

So why can't teams like Toronto or Atlanta win this conference???
Their talent level is comparable if not superior to the other teams mentioned.

Richesly
01-04-2015, 01:31 AM
but neither does the rest of the East. The East is filled with teams with unproven track records.

Chicago - Durability might be an issue, not really the same teams from a few season ago as their defensive calling card now seems suspect.

Cleveland - Have the best player in the league but he is coasting and nobody else on the teams has a winning pedigree.

Shut the **** up, loser.

MMM
01-04-2015, 01:35 AM
Shut the **** up, loser.

Did you even bother reading the thread,
**** boys love jumping to conclusions despite me actually saying the Hawks can win the East.

hawkfan
01-04-2015, 01:38 AM

Very solid analysis.

1. Bulls need a healthy Rose.
2. Wizards need solid production from Nene and Gortat.
3. Raptors need solid production from JV.
4. Cavs have a gaping hole at center.

nba_55
01-04-2015, 01:39 AM
**** boys love jumping to conclusions despite me actually saying the Hawks can win the East.
Hawks were great in the games i watched them, i still haven't watched them against teams with great bigs like bulls, memphis, spurs...how they did against them, were horford n millsap still effective?

edrick
01-04-2015, 01:41 AM
Cavs have huge issues on defense, and you never know when the chucker twins will show up. I think they're the worst of the bunch, at least right now.

nba_55
01-04-2015, 01:41 AM
Cavs have huge issues on defense, and you never know when the chucker twins will show up.
Cavs will make moves, we wont see this team on the playoffs, if we do, they have no chance of winning.

atljonesbro
01-04-2015, 01:44 AM

The Hawks dominate the West. Watch a game once and a while.

Mr. Jabbar
01-04-2015, 01:46 AM
Hawks are legit, I'm for one, scared as phuck

ThatCoolKid
01-04-2015, 01:46 AM
The Hawks are and have always been the cuddly teddy bear team of the league. There's just something so cute about how seriously they take themselves. Bulls and Cavs will be in the ECF.

MMM
01-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Hawks were great in the games i watched them, i still haven't watched them against teams with great bigs like bulls, memphis, spurs...how they did against them, were horford n millsap still effective?

yea i've been following them throughout the season and I don't understand the doubt that people have against them and Toronto while giving Chicago, Washington and Cleveland passes. Those teams haven't played stretches of games even as good as how well Toronto and Atlanta have consistently throughout the season.

I understand Cleveland has LeBron but if that teams continues coasting and picking up losing habits then i don't think it will be easy that they will be able to break those habits come playoff time.

Chicago looks more talented and deeper than prior teams but can we count on Gasol, Taj, Noah and Rose to be there in May. The injury track record is quite concerning to say the least.

Going into the season I didn't think much differentiated teams like Toronto, Atlanta(remember they were the 3rd seed prior to Horford's injury), and Washington. However, Toronto and Atlanta have actually come out this season and played good basketball. Both teams are well coached as well so it's time for them to get more praise than the rest of the bunch,

Milbuck
01-04-2015, 01:50 AM

Their talent level is comparable if not superior to the other teams mentioned.Feel free to add your thoughts on the Bucks to the OP.

T_L_P
01-04-2015, 01:51 AM
You sound scared.

MMM
01-04-2015, 01:52 AM
The Hawks dominate the West. Watch a game once and a while.

I have been watching the Hawks they are actually a fun team to watch, love me some Teague. The Hawks are probably the most well rounded starting unit in the East and can score from any area on the court.

Richesly
01-04-2015, 01:56 AM

Teams should be very scared of the Hawks.

MMM
01-04-2015, 01:58 AM
Feel free to add your thoughts on the Bucks to the OP.

Really like the Bucks and feel like they shouldn't be counted out as a team that can win a round despite how unlikely that sounds. The Bucks won't have to face a top tier team and have a dreaded cloud hang over them in any series as the rest of the East is unproven. This season east playoff might mirror the west to a degree in terms of nobody being guaranteed of advancing to the 2nd round and beyond.

I know you hate Knight but i like cheering for him for all the times he's been embarrassed i hope he redeems himself over time. Is he really as bad as you say he is though??? I know he is far from ideal but someone needs to take on some of the scoring role.

nba_55
01-04-2015, 02:01 AM
Really like the Bucks and feel like they shouldn't be counted out as a team that can win a round despite how unlikely that sounds. The Bucks won't have to face a top tier team and have a dreaded cloud hang over them in any series as the rest of the East is unproven. This season east playoff might mirror the west to a degree in terms of nobody being guaranteed of advancing to the 2nd round and beyond.

I know you hate Knight but i like cheering for him for all the times he's been embarrassed i hope he redeems himself over time. Is he really as bad as you say he is though??? I know he is far from ideal but someone needs to take on some of the scoring role.
No way! Bucks won't make it to 2nd round! They'll lose 0-4 or 1-4.

Qwyjibo
01-04-2015, 02:06 AM
I would rather have the Raptors face the Hawks in the playoffs than any of those other teams you mentioned.

Real14
01-04-2015, 02:09 AM
At least this mediocre team tries to win. I give them credit for that.

IheartFerry
01-04-2015, 02:10 AM
I would rather have the Raptors face the Hawks in the playoffs than any of those other teams you mentioned.

That's bad judgement on your part then. Raptors will lose a 7 game series to Atlanta

atljonesbro
01-04-2015, 02:13 AM
The raptors faced the Hawks before they got in their groove and Horford was fully back. Next time they play the Hawks are winning by 10+

hawkfan
01-04-2015, 02:15 AM
At least this mediocre team tries to win. I give them credit for that.

My Jedi mind tricks are starting to work on you.

MMM
01-04-2015, 02:33 AM
Teams should be very scared of the Hawks.

I guess, but there is levels to this shit

When is the last time any of these teams made the finals, ECF, etc.

These are not the Heatles, Big 3 Celtics, LBJ Cavs, Pistons, etc with multiple finals or ECF appearances. That doesn't necessarily take away from the Hawks playing great bball.

Droid101
01-04-2015, 02:34 AM
Hawks are legit, I'm for one, scared as phuck
Most legendary, legit troll in the history of ISH. :applause:

MMM
01-04-2015, 02:37 AM
No way! Bucks won't make it to 2nd round! They'll lose 0-4 or 1-4.

no way???

what have those other teams really established and injuries can change the landscape quite a bit. Al Horford, Noah, Rose, Beal (maybe a stretch), Nene, all have extensive injury backgrounds. The Bucks should be able to get 2 wins minimum in the playoffs with how competitive they play. I mean if i remember correctly a lot of people didn't quite believe in the Wiz heading into last season playoffs and they had a solid showing despite the doubts.

MMM
01-04-2015, 02:40 AM

Well that has to do with match ups more so than the quality of the other teams.

Seems like both the Bulls and Cavs present tougher match up for the raps despite the Hawks and Wiz arguably being better teams.

Hotlantadude81
01-04-2015, 02:47 AM
I guess, but there is levels to this shit

When is the last time any of these teams made the finals, ECF, etc.

These are not the Heatles, Big 3 Celtics, LBJ Cavs, Pistons, etc with multiple finals or ECF appearances. That doesn't necessarily take away from the Hawks playing great bball.

Those Piston teams were good, but overrated. They played the right team at the right time when they played the Lakers in the finals. I don't recall them looking overly impressive before that finals series. They just played in a really weak conference. Same for the Jason Kidd era Nets teams.

Legends66NBA7
01-04-2015, 02:50 AM
That's bad judgement on your part then. Raptors will lose a 7 game series to Atlanta

Based on ?

navy
01-04-2015, 02:50 AM
Those Piston teams were good, but overrated. They played the right team at the right time when they played the Lakers in the finals. I don't recall them looking overly impressive before that finals series. They just played in a really weak conference. Same for the Jason Kidd era Nets teams.
They went to the Finals again the very next year and lost in 7....

Legends66NBA7
01-04-2015, 02:59 AM

Not to mention Horry's huge game 5 and shot that probably swung the momentum back to SA's favor. Other than that, I thought the Pistons played very well excluding the first 2 games.

MMM
01-04-2015, 03:00 AM

I would agree up to the point when they acquired Sheed. He really sparked a great 2nd half run for them that propelled them into the Finals. That Pacer team they beat in the ECF was really good from what i remember and i believe the Nets were pretty good too after they added VC that season. However, my point was they were established teams that underdogs felt overwhelmed going into the series.

Hotlantadude81
01-04-2015, 03:01 AM

But they were not overly impressive before that Lakers finals. They were not as good as people made them out to be. They had two favorable matchups in the finals. A Lakers team that was was falling a part and SA played their type of pace.

Really, they were impressive for about one year at best. Otherwise, they were a good team and nothing more. They only had a 3.9 point differental the year they played LA in the finals. They had a 6.7 PD the next year, but the east was so terrible that year also. New Jersey was 3rd in the conference with a 1.2 point difference.

navy
01-04-2015, 03:01 AM
Not to mention Horry's huge game 5 and shot that probably swung the momentum back to SA's favor. Other than that, I thought the Pistons played very well excluding the first 2 games.
Yep and in 06 and 07 more ECF appearances only to denied by Wade and Lebron ballin out.

MMM
01-04-2015, 03:06 AM
But they were not overly impressive before that Lakers finals. They were not as good as people made them out to be. They had two favorable matchups in the finals. A Lakers team that was was falling a part and SA played their type of pace.

Really, they were impressive for about one year at best. Otherwise, they were a good team and nothing more. They only had a 3.9 point differental the year they played LA in the finals. They had a 6.7 PD the next year, but the east was so terrible that year also. New Jersey was 3rd in the conference with a 1.2 point difference.

Both NJ and Detroit had significant mid season trades though. However, the East being weak is not a solid argument to make when the East is probably as weak as its been since 2000-2002.

Hotlantadude81
01-04-2015, 03:20 AM
Both NJ and Detroit had significant mid season trades though. However, the East being weak is not a solid argument to make when the East is probably as weak as its been since 2000-2002.

Look at the point difference in 2005-2006:

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/year/2006

Besides, the Hawks have beaten all of the west teams they faced with the except of the Lakers and a 2 point loss to SA on the road. The Hawks have played better against the west than they have the east. There is nothing yet to suggest that them having a good record just comes from them playing in the east. They Mavericks have a good record in the west and they haven't beaten many contenders. At least not before the Rondo trade.

VIP2000
01-04-2015, 01:08 PM
I don't think they are serious title contenders but they should give any elite team a tough series since they have great coaching, great hustle and are so fundamentally sound.