PDA

View Full Version : Tanking shouldnt be allowed in the NBA.

Real14
01-04-2015, 02:36 AM
I think "tanking" is the most cowardly, bitch driven thing anybody can do besides Lebron's antics over the past 5 years. I know teams tank to get high draft picks for the next season but its also not smart because their high draft picks might become busts or injured to play. I also think this feminine scheme just proves how weak that team's mindset is and quitting on your team is very unacceptable. Tanking also let teams who are not that good get higher in standings due to bad competition and that in itself gives the league a very bad name. At least try your best to win games especially since you're getting paid millions especially if you actually have some talent and a superstar on your damn team. Us REAL fans don't deserve this. Y'all damn right I said it. Tanking should not be allowed in the NBA.

navy
01-04-2015, 02:37 AM
How are the Knicks doing?

Real14
01-04-2015, 02:39 AM
How are the Knicks doing?
Doing nothing but acting like bitches.

navy
01-04-2015, 02:41 AM
Doing nothing but acting like bitches.
Melo out for the season yet?

Real14
01-04-2015, 02:44 AM
Melo out for the season yet?
Not yet I think but he lost major points from me for even considering it.

DMV2
01-04-2015, 02:46 AM
Not yet I think but he lost major points from me for even considering it.
:applause: Realest shit I've heard from Fresh.

If Melo sits out, he'd be the biggest pvssy of all-time. Take your loses like a man!

Real14
01-04-2015, 02:55 AM
:applause: Realest shit I've heard from Fresh.

If Melo sits out, he'd be the biggest pvssy of all-time. Take your loses like a man!
Thanks man. I don't think he's the biggest bitch of all time but this will definitely put him in top 5. We sacrificed a lot with this guy, gave this guy a new thick contract and he wanna act like this, smiling in his street clothes on the bench.

Ariza4three
01-04-2015, 02:56 AM
lol knicks suck

Mr.Kite
01-04-2015, 03:03 AM
Relegation like soccer is the key

navy
01-04-2015, 03:07 AM
Thanks man. I don't think he's the biggest bitch of all time but this will definitely put him in top 5. We sacrificed a lot with this guy, gave this guy a new thick contract and he wanna act like this, smiling in his street clothes on the bench.
Fisher and Jackson are making him do it . :confusedshrug:

LAZERUSS
01-04-2015, 03:11 AM
Who the hell are team's "tanking" for this season?

I don't see any "savior(s)" in this year's college draft.

Ariza4three
01-04-2015, 03:14 AM

okafor dummy

Mr. Jabbar
01-04-2015, 03:21 AM
Agree with op, don't agree with jameer

Real14
01-04-2015, 03:22 AM
Fisher and Jackson are making him do it . :confusedshrug:
If they truly are then they are officially bitches too.

Ariza4three
01-04-2015, 03:23 AM
so the knicks are a good team?

Beastmode88
01-04-2015, 03:24 AM
Knicks arent even tankig right now. They just flat out suck... If Melo sits and were paying him 124 million he's a joke.

Real14
01-04-2015, 03:25 AM
Thanks for keeping it REAL man. Jameer as usual don't know what he's talking about.

navy
Knicks arent even tankig right now. They just flat out suck... If Melo sits and were paying him 124 million he's a joke.
Sucking is tanking. You think Phil put that roster out to get wins?

Melo should sit if his knee is really bothering him. Maybe not the entire season, just until it gets better. You want 124 million to be used as good as possible.

Ariza4three
Thanks for keeping it REAL man. Jameer as usual don't know what he's talking about.
so the knicks are a good team??? where was i wrong?

LAZERUSS
01-04-2015, 03:26 AM
okafor dummy

How many ranked teams has he faced this year again?

And against Stanford, he was basically outplayed by a senior...

Smook A.
01-04-2015, 03:27 AM
The irony... :rolleyes:

Real14
01-04-2015, 03:31 AM
The irony... :rolleyes:
Go home and cheer for Josh Smith or something.

Ariza4three
01-04-2015, 03:32 AM
How many ranked teams has he faced this year again?

And against Stanford, he was basically outplayed by a senior...
Except he played well vs. Mich St and Wisconsin too
And Nastic didn't outplay him wtf are you talking about
He's putting up 19/9 on 69% shooting. That's outstanding.

Real14
01-04-2015, 03:35 AM
so the knicks are a good team??? where was i wrong?
The knicks are playing the role of tanking, they are REALLY not bad. The knicks are just being fake right now to get high draft picks.

Ariza4three
01-04-2015, 03:36 AM
The knicks are playing the role of tanking, they are REALLY not bad. The knicks are just being fake right now to get high draft picks.
yeah you're ****ing retarded

Smook A.
01-04-2015, 03:39 AM
Go home and cheer for Josh Smith or something.
First of all, I'm actually at home. And second, Josh Smith is better than that other knucklehead Smith who plays on your 5-30 Knicks. I'm glad im not a fan of that team. Cheering for Josh Smith > Cheering for the Knicks

Real14
01-04-2015, 03:42 AM
yeah you're ****ing retarded
Thanks for NOT reading my post.

Smook A.
01-04-2015, 03:45 AM
THAT'S your excuse? :oldlol:

The Knicks ARE bad. 2nd worst team in the league kind of bad. Only 0.5 games ahead of the 76ers. You're just angry at yourself for calling your team the most underrated in the league and saying that they were going to end up as a top 3 seed in the East. Just look at the roster. No way that team would ever have a chance to compete for a playoff spot in the current Eastern Conference.

Real14
01-04-2015, 03:45 AM
First of all, I'm actually at home. And second, Josh Smith is better than that other knucklehead Smith who plays on your 5-30 Knicks. I'm glad im not a fan of that team. Cheering for Josh Smith > Cheering for the Knicks
What's Josh Smith's ppg with the rockets?

LAZERUSS
01-04-2015, 03:46 AM
BTW, Okafor is nowhere near 6-11, and likely isn't even 6-10.

Smook A.
01-04-2015, 03:47 AM
What's Josh Smith's ppg with the rockets?
It's higher than the amount of wins the Knicks have, I'll tell you that.

Legends66NBA7
01-04-2015, 03:48 AM
And second, Josh Smith is better than that other knucklehead Smith who plays on your 5-30 Knicks.

Both are knuckleheads, though. Josh will just be masked behind Harden and Howard.

Neither guy would ever sniff a roster spot on my team. We have better straight outta high school pros anyways. :pimp:

COnDEMnED
01-04-2015, 04:00 AM
Admittedly, I'm on board the Lakers team tank this season. Having said that, I don't disagree the pros outweigh the cons in searching for an alternative ranking system for draft day. Right off the bat, I don't like the "behind closed doors" ping pong ball machine. Trusting a bunch of Jewish corporate company "yes" men who grab ass each other in a back room and "tell us" who won the lottery is horse shit. That sucker should be out on center stage with spot lights on it. The amount of love the Cavs have gotten (pun intended) in the lottery since Lebron left to Miami is enough for me to question the system. It stinks.

Other than that, it wouldn't hurt to find a way to punish teams who find themselves on the bottom (top) of the lottery in "X amount" of years in a row. You land in the bottom 3, 3 years in a row, you forfeit your following first round pick to the team who ranked above you (below you). Something to that effect. I don't know, it's a work in progress.

Ariza4three
01-04-2015, 04:23 AM
Yes. I trust your senile ass over everyone else.

JUDGE WITNESS
01-04-2015, 04:56 AM
dont the knicks tank like every year :lol

or do they try to win and they just suck

ZenMaster
01-04-2015, 09:45 AM

You don't get it. It's not about tanking for someone specific, a "saviour".. It's about getting anybody at a higher talent level compared to what you would have gotten had you won 10 more(meaningless games as you don't get to the playoff anyhow).

Right now there is absolutely zero insentive to try and win 35-40 games as it doesn't get you in the playoffs anyhow. Fans even support their teams loosing on purpose for this very reason. You try and make it personal by asking "which saviour are they tanking for, I don't see any). But just getting to select first or near it in the new talent pool comming in, is worth it.

Silver called it a legitimate re-building process, I say it's a disgrace to the idea of sports and no other professional sports leagues in the world have this system except for in the US.

smoovegittar
01-04-2015, 10:53 AM

Melo should sit if his knee is really bothering him. Maybe not the entire season, just until it gets better. You want 124 million to be used as good as possible.

I'm glad someone else is of this opinion. Most of the Knicks board can't get their heads around tanking. NY fans are so used to thinking top notch free agents are gonna flock there. We got rid of Chandler and Felton for basically roster spots... this team was never gonna amount to anything this season.

Melo can sit his achy ass down - it's fine with me. They can trade him for picks next year; couldn't care less. He's part of the lingering stench there; albeit a great scorer. As a fan, I want youth and a fresh start. Won't get it with half the cast there.

ILLsmak
01-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Thanks man. I don't think he's the biggest bitch of all time but this will definitely put him in top 5.

Would like to hear your GOAT bitch list.

Edit or... BBOAT?

-Smak

StephHamann
01-04-2015, 11:08 AM

Yes, he traded a 1 year contract that would give the Knicks capspace and flexibility away for a horrible 3 year Point Guard bum contract.

PJ genius

:bowdown:

LAZERUSS
01-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Yes. I trust your senile ass over everyone else.

Then maybe you will trust this...

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jahlil-Okafor-6469/

Looks like he has SHRUNK in height (and reach) in the last year.

6-9.75 without shoes.

Same height as Cousins, Jordan, and Drummond.

6-11 my ass.

ralph_i_el
01-04-2015, 12:41 PM

all I'm seeing is that 7'5" wingspan

LAZERUSS
01-04-2015, 12:45 PM
all I'm seeing is that 7'5" wingspan

Again...shorter than Cousins, Jordan, and Drummond. All three were 7-5.5+.

wakencdukest
01-04-2015, 02:17 PM
Again...shorter than Cousins, Jordan, and Drummond. All three were 7-5.5+.

And easily better in the low post than all of them.

BurningHammer
01-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Knicks sucking shouldnt be allowed in the NBA
Fixed

LAZERUSS
01-04-2015, 02:41 PM
And easily better in the low post than all of them.

We shall see.

I don't put ANY stock in COLLEGE numbers. NONE. Take a look at Tyler Hansborough...CPOY, and yet, we found out that he couldn't shoot, rebound, pass, dribble, or defend in the NBA.

Keep in mind that Okafor will only play against a handful of true NBA talent in his one year in college. And again, the best players in college, only play one year. So it is not like he is battling a senior Elvin Hayes or Lew Alcindor.

wakencdukest
01-04-2015, 02:52 PM
We shall see.

I don't put ANY stock in COLLEGE numbers. NONE. Take a look at Tyler Hansborough...CPOY, and yet, we found out that he couldn't shoot, rebound, pass, dribble, or defend in the NBA.

Keep in mind that Okafor will only play against a handful of true NBA talent in his one year in college. And again, the best players in college, only play one year. So it is not like he is battling a senior Elvin Hayes or Lew Alcindor.

I watch college ball religiously, and the consensus before the draft was that Hansbrough was just a hustle player who would be nothing more than a role player in the NBA. He had more heart and was tougher than anyone in the college ranks, unfortunately he didn't have the size, skill, or athleticism to dominate at the next level. Okafor at least has the size and the skill.

jzek
01-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Here's how you prevent tanking - bottom three teams in the league get relegated to the D-League. Don't "reward" and tempt them to keep tanking by giving them a higher chance of landing the #1 pick.

You also promote the top 3 teams in the D-League to the NBA to compensate.

GOBB
01-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Sixers fans here laughong at NYK and LAL fans talking about their teams tanking. Guess we aren't gonna see any more sixers are pathetic threads huh? Fun while it lasted.

ballup
01-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Which teams are tanking? I only see the Sixers as a team that is tanking. All the other teams are just bad because of their FO or are lacking talent.

A team doing bad isn't necessarily tanking.

Kiddlovesnets
01-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Well with the way NBA and the rest of major american sports leagues' lottery system, its impossible to totally prevent tanking. However, some measures have been taken to reduce the incentive of tanking. Tanking itself is bad, but whats worse and disgraceful is tanking with no bottom-line like the 76ers are doing.

So I have a proposal for excessive tanking, and will make teams like 76ers try to win more games than just sending away any pieces of talents that can bring victories in a tanking season. The idea is summarized as below:

1. Pick the three teams with the worst records into draft position 4-6, thus eliminating disgraceful tanking teams chance of landing top three picks, but still grant them some level of talent potentials to get better in future.
2. Pick the other 11 lottery teams which fail to make the playoffs, and select three of them in top 3 lottery.
3. Pick the rest of the 8 lottery teams which did not get top 6 picks, and place them in ascending order of their records, similar to the current lottery system.

So this way, the 76ers, knicks and wolves will get 4-6 lottery picks, while the other teams competing for top 3 lottery. After all 6 lottery picks are determined, starting at the 7th pick it will be back to the original lottery scheme. It may sound complicated, nor can it totally eliminate tanking, but at least tanking teams competing for the 4th or 5th worst record is better than competing for the worst record, isnt it? After all, this will force them to at least try to win some games, and thus eliminating totally destructive tanking scheme like the 76ers'. If you deliberately tank with no bottom line, you can only get at best a No.4 pick, so better start to win some games.

GOBB
01-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Which teams are tanking? I only see the Sixers as a team that is tanking. All the other teams are just bad because of their FO or are lacking talent.

That is what the Sixers are doing genius. So dont say what the Sixers are doing differs from that of other bad teams. :rolleyes:

Bay Area Baller
01-04-2015, 09:22 PM
The problem with your relegation theory is professional basketball unlike professional soccer in say England, there aren't multiple divisions. English Professional soccer has deep divisions of great to above mediocre teams that they can draw on. They have a lot of teams to draw from. Stay with me.Back to basketball- So that means the gap b/t D-league and NBA caliber teams is to great and thus said relegated teams would be back in the league next year making it pointless, hurting ratings in the process and promoting a team that can no way compete with an actual NBA team.

ralph_i_el
01-04-2015, 10:00 PM
We shall see.

Okafor has legit post moves and counters to both sides. And he's really light on his feet for someone with such a wide body. He's a completely different story than Hansborough

ballup
01-04-2015, 10:55 PM
That is what the Sixers are doing genius. So dont say what the Sixers are doing differs from that of other bad teams. :rolleyes:
Bottom 5 teams right now: 76ers, Knicks, Wolves, Lakers, and Pistons. Knicks had bad management and tried a win now strategy this season. Wolves got back a load of assets for KLove and they have much to work with in their nearby future. Lakers gambled on signing big stars and that ended up biting them in the ass. Pistons were trying to be a good team, but they made the wrong FA signings.

At least other teams took gambles or investments in players. Sixers on the other hand, gave away their best players to deliberately make their team bad. None of the other teams were trying to be bad. Those teams tried to be competitive, Sixers clearly aren't.

So yes, the Sixers are different because they full on bottomed out. They are the only FO coming into this season trying to lose games.

Phantom84
01-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Bottom 5 teams right now: 76ers, Knicks, Wolves, Lakers, and Pistons. Knicks had bad management and tried a win now strategy this season. Wolves got back a load of assets for KLove and they have much to work with in their nearby future. Lakers gambled on signing big stars and that ended up biting them in the ass. Pistons were trying to be a good team, but they made the wrong FA signings.

At least other teams took gambles or investments in players. Sixers on the other hand, gave away their best players to deliberately make their team bad. None of the other teams were trying to be bad. Those teams tried to be competitive, Sixers clearly aren't.

So yes, the Sixers are different because they full on bottomed out. They are the only FO coming into this season trying to lose games.

Stop with the bullshit, the Knicks are tanking. A team with Melo and Amare is currently 5-31 in the Leastern Conference, come on son. :facepalm

ballup
01-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Stop with the bullshit, the Knicks are tanking. A team with Melo and Amare is currently 5-31 in the Leastern Conference, come on son. :facepalm
You are going to depend on the corpse of Amare to help carry a team to the PO? GL with that.

The Knicks are just a mess. Players aren't working well together and other teams have improved. Tanking is mostly done by FO, not players. Jackson resigned Melo and got Calderon to try to be be in some kind of competitive team.

StephHamann
01-05-2015, 09:37 PM
bump:

http://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

GOBB
01-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Yay genius ballup said NYK ain't tanking :roll:

Jr smith and shump gone not virtually nothing in return. Samuel Dalmbert is probably gonna be released or traded as a cost saving move. But yeah none of those teams are like my sixers. Hilarious. Stay clueless breh

Sportal
01-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Can I just ask the respective fan bases:

Who is your team "tanking" for? Are there multiple players? Any comparisons?

Who will potentially stop Joel Embiid from Rookie of the Year next season?

Phantom84
01-05-2015, 10:37 PM

Okafor. The kid is that good. If the Sixers get Okafor and Embiid on the same team :roll: :roll: .

GOBB
01-05-2015, 10:40 PM

No one really. I mean Okafor is the prize so far barring injury. But really the sixers just need to have a top 5 pick this draft to add to the stable of picks they made recently. Noel, MCW, Embiid, Saric, KJ McDaniels. We have two first rd picks (miami's). So it's not a case of sixers are tanking for a specific player. Just want a top talent in the draft to add. I myself wouldnt be mad if we ended up with pick 2 or 3. Shit I be more upset if Lakers/NYK got #1 or picked ahead of us in the draft. Sixers get #1 you take Okafor and listen to trade offers.

As for ROY next year I don't know. Embiid has been out of ball for awhile plus I heard sixers pulled out of the orlando summer league. So I can't predict what he will do next year. Your guess is as good as mine.

GOBB
01-05-2015, 10:41 PM
Okafor. The kid is that good. If the Sixers get Okafor and Embiid on the same team :roll: :roll: .

Those two can't coexist. Not saying I wouldnt draft him. No brainer. But I don't forsee that duo playing together. Okafor spends his time under the rim. Embiid can't guard PFs. How is that duo working together?

Phantom84
01-05-2015, 10:44 PM
Those two can't coexist. Not saying I wouldnt draft him. No brainer. But I don't forsee that duo playing together. Okafor spends his time under the rim. Embiid can't guard PFs. How is that duo working together?

Disagree, I think Embiid can guard PFs. No matter what it is a good problem to have.

GOBB
01-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Disagree, I think Embiid can guard PFs. No matter what it is a good problem to have.

Yeah i agree it's a good problem to have

ballup
01-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Yay genius ballup said NYK ain't tanking :roll:

Jr smith and shump gone not virtually nothing in return. Samuel Dalmbert is probably gonna be released or traded as a cost saving move. But yeah none of those teams are like my sixers. Hilarious. Stay clueless breh
Ok. Now the Knicks are tanking with this trade. That doesn't change the fact that the Knick's initial direction coming into the season was trying to get into the playoffs.

Height Freak
01-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Here's how you prevent tanking - bottom three teams in the league get relegated to the D-League. Don't "reward" and tempt them to keep tanking by giving them a higher chance of landing the #1 pick.

You also promote the top 3 teams in the D-League to the NBA to compensate.

Amen to that.

Eric Cartman
01-05-2015, 11:13 PM
Agree with the OP, what the Knicks are doing is shameless.

They should be sent to the D-league :D

GOBB
01-06-2015, 12:20 AM
Ok. Now the Knicks are tanking with this trade. That doesn't change the fact that the Knick's initial direction coming into the season was trying to get into the playoffs.

It really wasn't. Same with the Lakers who signed guys to 1 yr deals. Why? Nick Young and Jordan Hill were the only guys who signed multi years. Lakers struck out on the big names who we all knew were not going there anyway. They instead went the 1yr cheal route because after this season? Well do yourself a favor and see how much cap space this team will potentially have. They sell you this idea "we are going to win, compete, try to make playoffs" but the front office moves suggests "We really playing for next year". Same deal with the NYK. What moves did they make exactly? Kept Melo which was obvious given they mortgaged the future for him. No way he walks hence big payday. And traded for Jose Calderon. Outside of that what moves were made to say we are trying to win now? We want to make playoffs? Phil knows this team will too be free up cash with guys like amare, bargs coming off the books. Come on wake up. Meanwhile Lakers have 11 wins, NYK have 5.

Minnesota traded away its best player for young talent. Sixers trade away Jrue Holiday for young talent and you have a problem. It does not add up my man. But they are trying to win, like they have been for how many years (as they lived in the lottery). I'll wait sir.

My Sixers didn't spend money just to spend it ala Detroit and end up looking bad. My Sixers didnt sign veterans to 1yr deals that wouldn't have changed the win/loss column much at all like Lakers did. They instead decided lets just give young guys playing time, coaching, development and see what sticks. The methods in which these teams have gone differ, but the end story is the same. FO made moves for the future because the present didn't call for any drastic moves to screw up financial flexibility in the future.

People bash my Sixers for wanting to rebuild from ground up and go with a core of young talent that they hope to develop into good players. Yet they excuse, defend teams that make bad moves that screw them up. I'm glad my Sixers didnt go that route like giving Josh Smith all that money when they had Monroe/Drummond already. Only to trade him one year later. I'm glad my Sixers didnt bring in Carlos Boozer, Wayne Ellington and other stiffs just for f*ck sake (Kobe lashed out at them "How can i win with them Mitch"). But Lakers are trying to win right ballup? F*ck outta here.

ballup
01-06-2015, 01:37 AM
It really wasn't. Same with the Lakers who signed guys to 1 yr deals. Why? Nick Young and Jordan Hill were the only guys who signed multi years. Lakers struck out on the big names who we all knew were not going there anyway. They instead went the 1yr cheal route because after this season? Well do yourself a favor and see how much cap space this team will potentially have. They sell you this idea "we are going to win, compete, try to make playoffs" but the front office moves suggests "We really playing for next year". Same deal with the NYK. What moves did they make exactly? Kept Melo which was obvious given they mortgaged the future for him. No way he walks hence big payday. And traded for Jose Calderon. Outside of that what moves were made to say we are trying to win now? We want to make playoffs? Phil knows this team will too be free up cash with guys like amare, bargs coming off the books. Come on wake up. Meanwhile Lakers have 11 wins, NYK have 5.

Minnesota traded away its best player for young talent. Sixers trade away Jrue Holiday for young talent and you have a problem. It does not add up my man. But they are trying to win, like they have been for how many years (as they lived in the lottery). I'll wait sir.

My Sixers didn't spend money just to spend it ala Detroit and end up looking bad. My Sixers didnt sign veterans to 1yr deals that wouldn't have changed the win/loss column much at all like Lakers did. They instead decided lets just give young guys playing time, coaching, development and see what sticks. The methods in which these teams have gone differ, but the end story is the same. FO made moves for the future because the present didn't call for any drastic moves to screw up financial flexibility in the future.

People bash my Sixers for wanting to rebuild from ground up and go with a core of young talent that they hope to develop into good players. Yet they excuse, defend teams that make bad moves that screw them up. I'm glad my Sixers didnt go that route like giving Josh Smith all that money when they had Monroe/Drummond already. Only to trade him one year later. I'm glad my Sixers didnt bring in Carlos Boozer, Wayne Ellington and other stiffs just for f*ck sake (Kobe lashed out at them "How can i win with them Mitch"). But Lakers are trying to win right ballup? F*ck outta here.
Lakers struck out in FA this past summer, they are paying the price with a lot of less than mediocre players right now. That's not trying to lose, that's just a series of extremely risky gambles. The Lakers FO wanted to be competitive this season and that's the sole difference between them and the Sixers. They are trying the same strategy next off season by keeping the books clear with 1 year contract. It's a dumb move imo because it didn't work this past off season and not much positive will change about the roster unless the Lakers keep their pick. So yes, they did try to be competitive, but are now stuck with undesirables. They aren't tanking unless they ship out guys like Young, Hill, Randle, or Davis who all have some kind of value for little to nothing.

The Knicks coming in the season tried to be competitive. Calderon was a good fit for the triangle offense and they kept Melo. They got rid of Chandler because they knew he was going to check out if he stayed on the Knicks. You can't say those moves were for the intent of making the Knicks worse in the standings for a better pick.

Minnesota got good return for Love. 2 lottery players, 1 being a consensus top 3 player and the other a top 10. They aren't intentionally trying to drop games. They are stuck with what they were almost forced to have and they aren't going to get much from that this season.

Pistons made moves to hopefully try to get their team in the right direction. They signed a sharpshooter in Meeks, hired JVG and took their control of basketball operations away from the guy who signed Smith in the first place. That's not tanking.

I never said the Holiday trade was in this thread so stop acting like I did. The trades in question for the Sixers were the Hawes and the Turner trades. They weren't very good, but they had some value and were traded for almost nothing (2nd round picks that aren't even very early and cap room the Sixers didn't necessarily need to shed).

I love how you get all defensive and crap. It's kinda funny seeing a grown man with such immaturity like you. But please, throw your signature tantrums, it's very entertaining.

GOBB
01-06-2015, 01:56 AM
Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner were f*cking free agents. Why would you get more than what sixers did? I'll wait. Take all the time to create some nonsense. Look at even Turner contract. Explain that. No team was offering more than what they got. Facts, you keep spewing garbage. Why? Can't believe you named those two as your support for getting rid of good players.

Lakers aren't tanking unless they ship out...randle? Huh? You make no sense. Totally clueless

ballup
01-06-2015, 02:35 AM
It doesn't make sense to you because you are blind. Did the Lakers try to make their team worse this past offseason? No, they tried to get a big name free agent and struck out. Have they done any moves this season to gut their team for the sake of getting better draft position? Not yet.

2nd round picks (mid) for key rotation guys who brought more than a bought out Granger and filler that didn't end up sticking to the team. Ya, that sure were moves to improve the team. Alright alright, it's unfair to bring up last season, but tell me, did the Sixers even bother looking at FAs this past summer?

Real14
01-06-2015, 01:14 PM
This is how I feel right now

http://lastangryfan.com/wp-content/uploads/kobestare.gif

Myth
01-06-2015, 01:16 PM
I think "tanking" is the most cowardly, bitch driven thing anybody can do besides Lebron's antics over the past 5 years. I know teams tank to get high draft picks for the next season but its also not smart because their high draft picks might become busts or injured to play. I also think this feminine scheme just proves how weak that team's mindset is and quitting on your team is very unacceptable. Tanking also let teams who are not that good get higher in standings due to bad competition and that in itself gives the league a very bad name. At least try your best to win games especially since you're getting paid millions especially if you actually have some talent and a superstar on your damn team. Us REAL fans don't deserve this. Y'all damn right I said it. Tanking should not be allowed in the NBA.

You're right. And supporting a team that does this is just as bad. You might as well become a fan of a different team.

Real14
01-06-2015, 01:18 PM
You're right. And supporting a team that does this is just as bad. You might as well become a fan of a different team.

I should but I cant man. I have to stay loyal and deal with these damn consequences:facepalm

Dr.J4ever
01-06-2015, 01:20 PM

:applause: