PDA

View Full Version : Rondo is still a top 5 point guard

Teanett
01-04-2015, 05:20 PM
i think it's perfectly clear after watching him outplay one all-star point guard after the other with a new team.

in no particular order:

Rondo
CP3
Rose
Curry
Westbrook

(and maybe Lillard)

LoneyROY7
01-04-2015, 05:21 PM
i think it's perfectly clear after watching him outplay one all-star point guard after the other with a new team.

in no particular order:

Rondo
CP3
Rose
Curry
Westbrook

(and maybe Lillard)

:facepalm

Wall and Lillard are clearly ahead of Rose right now.

imdaman99
01-04-2015, 05:22 PM
So why did he not care when he was on Boston? I understand if he is in the playoffs he will cause havoc for the opposition, but he half-asses it too often during the regular season in unimportant games.

Teanett
01-04-2015, 05:24 PM
:facepalm

Wall and Lillard are clearly ahead of Rose right now.

Wall? clearly ahead? did you not watch the Mavs-Wiz game?

Teanett
01-04-2015, 05:25 PM
So why did he not care when he was on Boston? I understand if he is in the playoffs he will cause havoc for the opposition, but he half-asses it too often during the regular season in unimportant games.

i dont know.
maybe because they threw in the towel in boston?
maybe the acl?

Legends66NBA7
01-04-2015, 05:28 PM
8 games doesn't make you Top 5.

There are PG's on other teams who have to produce far more on their own teams to win games than Rondo does.

LoneyROY7
01-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Wall? clearly ahead? did you not watch the Mavs-Wiz game?

Do you base your rankings off of single games? Rose's numbers have been pretty poor this season.

Rose - 17/5/3 on 40 percent shooting.

Wall - 17/10/5 on 46 percent shooting.

Lillard - 22/6/5 on 46 percent shooting.

Yeah, it's not close. Wall and Lillard are clearly better.

Teanett
01-04-2015, 05:32 PM
8 games doesn't make you Top 5.

There are PG's on other teams who have to produce far more on their own teams to win games than Rondo does.

8 games?
he's been top 5 since 2009. we just forgot about it since boston are in tank mode and he tore his acl.

is there another point guard who turns the mavs from an average defensive team into a great defensive team?
maybe chris paul?

Smook A.
01-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Big fan of Rose and Rondo, but those two aren't top 5 point guards. Guys like Lillard, Wall, Kyle Lowry, and maybe even Ty Lawson have been better this season. Out of all the point guards, Rose is 23rd in apg, averaging 4.8 a contest. He's also averaging 17 ppg but he's only shooting about 41% from the field which really isn't that good. Rondo is one of the best in the league at passing the rock, and he's undoubtedly the best rebounding PG, but he's not much of a scorer. Impact-wise, he does a pretty good job, but there are definitely at least 5 who impact their teams more.

Based off of this season, the 5 for me goes...
1. Russell Westbrook
2. Stephen Curry
3. John Wall
4. Chris Paul
5. Damian Lillard

Budadiiii
01-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Rose? :facepalm

Jesus fucing Christ.

Teanett
01-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Do you base your rankings off of single games? Rose's numbers have been pretty poor this season.

Rose - 17/5/3 on 40 percent shooting.

Wall - 17/10/5 on 46 percent shooting.

Lillard - 22/6/5 on 46 percent shooting.

Yeah, it's not close. Wall and Lillard are clearly better.

i dont care about stats.
i watch them play.
Wall and Kyrie are not in the same class as Derek Rose in full throttle.
Lillard might be.

LoneyROY7
01-04-2015, 05:37 PM
i dont care about stats.
i watch them play.
Lillard might be.

:roll:

Can't beat the facts, so "eye test". Nice.

Legends66NBA7
01-04-2015, 05:38 PM
8 games?
he's been top 5 since 2009.

I'm talking about this season. He isn't Top 5 this season.

I take into the whole year and he certainly hasn't outplayed more than 10 or more PG's, let alone 5.

dontgetchoked
01-04-2015, 05:41 PM

in no particular order:

Rondo
CP3
Rose
Curry
Westbrook

(and maybe Lillard)
rose is my favorite player, but he's barely a top ten pg at this point. and rondo isnt top 5 either unless he can keep it up

Teanett
01-04-2015, 05:41 PM
:roll:

Can beat the facts, so "eye test". Nice.

so? if you go by stats, Kevin Love is a great player.
if you watch him, you know his numbers have little impact of the outcome of games.

Smook A.
01-04-2015, 05:42 PM
i dont care about stats.
i watch them play.
Lillard might be.
What the hell? You have Lillard in the same class as Derrick Rose, but not John Wall?? Wall > Lillard. And both are better than Rose this season. I don't even think he's a top 10 PG this year.

Teanett
01-04-2015, 05:46 PM
hey, no love for Jeff Teague here?

LoneyROY7
01-04-2015, 05:47 PM
so? if you go by stats, Kevin Love is a great player.
if you watch him, you know his numbers have little impact of the outcome of games.

So one anecdotal example means all stats don't matter? Geez, dude.

And Love's stats aren't even good this season.

2swift4u
01-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Rondo isn't top 5 right now. There's tons of great PGs in the leage and he hasn't done anything lately to prove he's a top 5 PG imo.

Teanett
01-04-2015, 05:53 PM
So one anecdotal example means all stats don't matter? Geez, dude.

no, but there are players whose stats dont reflect on the kind of game they had.

Rondo pretty much had the same numbers in boston before the trade but you can see he's playing much better now.

similar thing with Rose, since the bulls are so good, he doesnt need to go full bore for 48 but he takes it up a couple of notches if he's matched up with an all-star or in crunch time.

if i had to pick a point guard for a game 7, i'd pick Rondo and Rose over Wall.

nathanjizzle
01-04-2015, 05:55 PM
if u think wall is better than rose, you are looking at the box score.

LoneyROY7
01-04-2015, 05:56 PM

Didn't you make a thread not too long ago asking if Rose was done? :lol

Teanett
01-04-2015, 05:57 PM

bingo

Smoke117
01-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Wow way to underrate Wall...

LoneyROY7
01-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Rondo pretty much had the same numbers in boston before the trade but you can see he's playing much better now.

:biggums:

What games are you watching?

Rondo before the trade - 8/11/7 on 40 percent shooting.

Rondo after the trade - 15/7/5 on 47 percent shooting.

"Pretty much the same numbers." :lol I guess stats can tell the difference.

Smoke117
01-04-2015, 06:01 PM

He's talking out of his ass. He has no idea what he is spewing about.

LoneyROY7
01-04-2015, 06:02 PM
He's talking out of his ass. He has no idea what he is spewing about.

Clearly. He just keeps talking himself into another corner.

Teanett
01-04-2015, 06:03 PM

see? that's how misleading stats are, because if you take away the boston game they're more like 12/8/7 (i guess), which is close to his career numbers.

LoneyROY7
01-04-2015, 06:06 PM
see? that's how misleading stats are, because if you take away the boston game it's right around 10/8/7.

How is that misleading? He had a great game therefore it's reflected in his stats. And no his numbers weren't around 8/11/7 before that game either.

Legends66NBA7
01-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Rondo has a better team around him and he's not the best player on that team.

He's a role player. This isn't the case for the other PG's (for the most part) that are above him this season.

Smook A.
01-04-2015, 06:11 PM
If you think Rose is better than Wall this season then you're either a huge homer, or you're just stupid as **** and don't know basketball. I'm sure we all know stats aren't everything, but they do tell a huge part of the story. John Wall is leading the league in APG, averaging just a little above 10. Rose? He's 23rd. Averaging just 4.8. That means Wall is dishing out at least 5 more assists than Rose is. That's a lot. Both guys are averaging the same number of points, but Wall's FG% is much higher. So let me ask you this... How exactly is Derrick Rose a better player than John Wall?

I know that Rose isn't 100% because of his injuries, but if we're talking about who's the better player RIGHT NOW, then it's clearly Wall.

Teanett
01-04-2015, 06:12 PM
How is that misleading? He had a great game therefore it's reflected in his stats. And no his numbers weren't around 8/11/7 before that game either.

it'll even out til the end of the year and i'll estimate he'll be around 10/9/7.

hawksdogsbraves
01-04-2015, 06:14 PM
If we're talking this season, Jeff Teague has been much better than Rondo, (or Rose for that matter).

Smoke117
01-04-2015, 06:14 PM
If you think Rose is better than Wall this season then you're either a huge homer, or you're just stupid as **** and don't know basketball. I'm sure we all know stats aren't everything, but they do tell a huge part of the story. John Wall is leading the league in APG, averaging just a little above 10. Rose? He's 23rd. Averaging just 4.8. That means Wall is dishing out at least 5 more assists than Rose is. That's a lot. Both guys are averaging the same number of points, but Wall's FG% is much higher. So let me ask you this... How exactly is Derrick Rose a better player than John Wall?

I know that Rose isn't 100% because of his injuries, but if we're talking about who's the better player RIGHT NOW, then it's clearly Wall.

Wall is also a much better defensive player at this point.

miggyme1
01-04-2015, 06:15 PM

in no particular order:

Rondo
CP3
Rose
Curry
Westbrook

(and maybe Lillard)

IM A BIG ROSE FAN.......BUT ROSE IS NOT A TOP FIVE PG.

ill give him top 8

same goes for westbrook...i just cant wrap my mind around them bring true pgs....because they still havent showed me true pg attributes..more like glorified monta ellises playing the point.

top 5 in my humble opinion is

rondo
cp3
curry
lillard
tony parker/mike conley/john wall

LoneyROY7
01-04-2015, 06:16 PM
it'll even out til the end of the year and i'll estimate he'll be around 10/9/7.

Which has nothing to do with the argument you initially posed.

salwan
01-04-2015, 06:25 PM
come playoff time, there are not 5 PGs I would take over rondo. :rockon:

Teanett
01-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Which has nothing to do with the argument you initially posed.

because my argument has nothing to do with stats

Teanett
01-04-2015, 08:41 PM
come playoff time, there are not 5 PGs I would take over rondo. :rockon:

come playoff time it's either Rondo, CP3 or Westbrook

livingby3's
01-04-2015, 09:15 PM
come playoff time it's either Rondo, CP3 or Westbrook

Rondo and Westbrook, definitely are Playoff performers. But who's that other guy?

Hotlantadude81
01-04-2015, 10:24 PM
hey, no love for Jeff Teague here?

Teague is probably an all star this year, but he is kind of up and down. He has stretches of great play followed by periods to where he seems disinterested in the game.