PDA

View Full Version : Julius Randle to have Surgery on foot

MJ(Mean John)
01-05-2015, 12:34 AM
On foot that was talked about during draft time. It's to replace the screw that was inserted in his foot.

Wtf. Not looking good.

Mr.Kite
01-05-2015, 12:36 AM
greg oden

MJ(Mean John)
01-05-2015, 12:46 AM
Naw, Calm down.

It's not his knees.

ZeN
01-05-2015, 01:00 AM
They are just taking advantage of the fact that he's out for a long time, to do some maintenance work on another body part that's ailing.

Fudge
01-05-2015, 01:08 AM
Naw, Calm down.

It's not his knees.
Foot injuries are just as worse as knee injuries, brah.

ThatCoolKid
01-05-2015, 01:08 AM
He looked fantastic in preseason too. I'm willing to bet he'd have won ROY if he'd been healthy.

Ariza4three
01-05-2015, 01:09 AM
LOL. Always knew this guy was a bust. SOOOO glad Orlando didn't pick him.

TheMarkMadsen
01-05-2015, 01:11 AM
LOL. Always knew this guy was a bust. SOOOO glad Orlando didn't pick him.

Rabble is arguably having a better rookie season than Payton

lakerspng
01-05-2015, 01:12 AM
good. i was wondering if he was going to have that handled, since it was a question during draft time anyway. they said he'd play through it... but since he's sitting for the other injury he might as well get it taken care of.

Ariza4three
01-05-2015, 01:14 AM
Rabble is arguably having a better rookie season than Payton
Nah. Payton's stats are shitty but he has completely taken over games for the Magic at times. He's not a player you can look at the box score and see his impact yet. He'll be in the future, but not yet. He will no doubt be like a top 5 player in this draft.

blacknapalm
01-05-2015, 01:16 AM
good. i was wondering if he was going to have that handled, since it was a question during draft time anyway. they said he'd play through it... but since he's sitting for the other injury he might as well get it taken care of.

ya, hopefully it's just a clean up. like a scoped knee...but even less intrusive. is there an article on it? foot injuries can be finicky so i need some reassurance :oldlol:

gts
01-05-2015, 01:18 AM
They are just taking advantage of the fact that he's out for a long time, to do some maintenance work on another body part that's ailing.this... it's actually not even giving him a problem.. like you said just something that will have to be done in the future and since he's doing nothing now this is the perfect time to handle it

fpliii
01-05-2015, 01:24 AM
This isn't a problem since he's out anyway.

Even if he did bust (which I don't think will be the case), who could we have drafted instead? I was pretty pissed at the time, but it was a solid pick for our slot. Could be a decent player if he can stay on the floor..

TheMarkMadsen
01-05-2015, 01:29 AM
This isn't a problem since he's out anyway.

Even if he did bust (which I don't think will be the case), who could we have drafted instead? I was pretty pissed at the time, but it was a solid pick for our slot. Could be a decent player if he can stay on the floor..

Could also be some interesting trade bait if the lakers are able to sign Gasol or Love.

fpliii
01-05-2015, 01:32 AM
Could also be some interesting trade bait if the lakers are able to sign Gasol or Love.
Any chance LMA is leaving? Not a terrible FA class tbh.

TheMarkMadsen
01-05-2015, 01:35 AM
Any chance LMA is leaving? Not a terrible FA class tbh.

I can't imagine the blazers letting him get away. Blazers have a championship core IMO with he and Lillard.

This free agent class could potentially include, Gasol, Rondo, Love & Aldridge. I think the Lakers have good chances at any of these guys. Especially Love or Rondo if they decide to leave their new teams.

MJ(Mean John)
01-05-2015, 02:47 AM
Foot injuries are just as worse as knee injuries, brah.

No they're not. Look at Yao and Bill Walton for example...

MJ(Mean John)
01-05-2015, 02:53 AM
I understand that it's a "might as well do it now that he's out" type of thing, I just don't know why they didn't take care of it around the same time he broke his foot. I actually wanted them to do it, might as well.

My concern is his health for off season, training camp, etc.
I really want him to be ready so that he can hit the floor running next season.

HurricaneKid
01-05-2015, 03:03 AM
They are just taking advantage of the fact that he's out for a long time, to do some maintenance work on another body part that's ailing.

That's it. He can't play until next year so it's the perfect time to do the unnecessary surgery that might help him some.

Not a deal. At all.

Darius
01-05-2015, 05:59 PM
If this guy is ever healthy (and movement unimpacted) I expect him to be a very good player.