PDA

View Full Version : How quickly Lebron fans forgetbe:

CavaliersFTW
01-05-2015, 04:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jgar3X0A0s

:bowdown:

CavaliersFTW
01-05-2015, 04:05 AM
Comparing the two is unfair though really.

Kobe's career produced a 13 minute ridiculous shot mix.

Lebron's churned out a 50 flops thread.

Two totally different players.

Heavincent
01-05-2015, 04:20 AM
My personal favorite:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/620749_o.gif

One of the most ridiculous displays of dominance I've ever seen in a playoff series. All Alvin Gentry could do was laugh in disbelief...said Kobe was "the best player in the league and it's not even close" in the post game conference. Hell, Steve Nash was crying in the locker room.

Pure devastation. The type of shit that made Kobe detractors want to take a bottle of suicide pills.

HOoopCityJones
01-05-2015, 04:20 AM
Comparing the two is unfair though really.

Kobe's career produced a 13 minute ridiculous shot mix.

Lebron's churned out a 50 flops thread.

Two totally different players.

:roll:

rlsmooth775
01-05-2015, 04:24 AM
Lebron is better than kobe ever was at basketball

Doranku
01-05-2015, 04:29 AM
My favorite part is like 75% of these shots came in the 4th quarter of close games.

Gawdbe. :bowdown: :applause:

livingby3's
01-05-2015, 04:38 AM
What if Kobe stans are actually LeBron fans in disguise, and that LeBron stans are actually Kobe fans, each living their mission in life to bring about hate for the one player they stan for.

Back to OP, I wouldn't want to deny Kobe's level of dominance, but for the volume of shots he took, he ought to make a good number of them. We all know his shooting percentages. He's Kobe Bryant and he's great, but he plays a bad brand of basketball.

3ball
01-05-2015, 04:47 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/e575ed37026841b8a76edaade38487c6.gif

kobe was an amazing shot-maker and his constant aggression offensively is what really helped his team at the highest level.

people get on him for going 6-24 in Game 7 of 2010 Finals, but what they don't realize is that if kobe had taken only 17 shots like Lebron averaged in the 2014 Finals, the Celtics defense would have been staying at home on that last play where Ron Artes hit the crucial shot - they'd have been on Ron Artest like white on rice if jordanbe had been passive all game.

Otoh, look at how discombobulated the Celtics are on this final play - look at Rasheed - the fear of Kobe's aggression has driven him crazy - the Celtics simply paid too much attention to kobe on this final play, which they would never have done if he'd been passive the whole game.

SouBeachTalents
01-05-2015, 04:49 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/e575ed37026841b8a76edaade38487c6.gif

kobe was an amazing shot-maker and his constant aggression offensively is what really helped his team at the highest level.

people get on him for going 6-24 in Game 7 of 2010 Finals, but what they don't realize is that if kobe had taken only 17 shots like Lebron averaged in the 2014 Finals, the Celtics defense would have been staying at home on that last play where Ron Artes hit the crucial shot - they'd have been on Ron Artest like white on rice if kobe had been passive all game.

Otoh, look at how discombobulated the Celtics are on this final play - look at Rasheed - the fear of Kobe's aggression has driven him crazy - the Celtics simply paid too much attention to kobe on this final play, which they would never have done if he'd been passive the whole game.

If LeBron made the exact same play you wouldn't be saying any of this

3ball
01-05-2015, 04:52 AM
with lebron it's always "if" this, and "if" that.. when's the last time he even took 24 shots in a Finals game... it must be so rare for him.

Doranku
01-05-2015, 04:53 AM

As if the Celtics would have thrown a double at LeBron before he even started making a move. :oldlol:

HOoopCityJones
01-05-2015, 04:57 AM
What if Kobe stans are actually LeBron fans in disguise, and that LeBron stans are actually Kobe fans, each living their mission in life to bring about hate for the one player they stan for.

Back to OP, I wouldn't want to deny Kobe's level of dominance, but for the volume of shots he took, he ought to make a good number of them. We all know his shooting percentages. He's Kobe Bryant and he's great, but he plays a bad brand of basketball.

His bad brand of Basketball led to Five Rings. Do people realize Phil Jackson, you know arguably the greatest Coach of all time is why Kobe plays this style?:biggums:

SouBeachTalents
01-05-2015, 04:58 AM
with lebron it's always "if" this, and "if" that.. when's the last time he even took 24 shots in a Finals game... it must be so rare for him.

Well he took 23 shots in Game 7 of the Finals, only one less than Kobe did in the game you referenced. He managed to make more than 6 of those though

3ball
01-05-2015, 05:01 AM
His bad brand of Basketball led to Five Rings. Do people realize Phil Jackson, you know arguably the greatest Coach of all time is why Kobe plays this style?:biggums:
just the fact that kobe had the scoring versatility necessary (elite off-ball game) to execute the triangle to 5 rings, 2 without shaq, is a testament to how optimal kobe is CAPABLE of playing (we all know he can chuck now and then in the regular season and people blow it out of proportion).

HOoopCityJones
01-05-2015, 05:01 AM
Well he took 23 shots in Game 7 of the Finals, only one less than Kobe did in the game you referenced. He managed to make more than 6 of those though

Yea, with a clear lane to the basket because they have to babysit Wade just as much. Stop trying to act like Lebron is this expert shot maker, if he can't bulldoze to the cup, he's gonna kick out, it's that simple. Full proof stat padding at it's finest. Lebron is an all-time great, but his FG % shouldn't be some grand feat for someone of his size and athletic ability.

HOoopCityJones
01-05-2015, 05:03 AM
just the fact that kobe had the scoring versatility necessary (elite off-ball game) to execute the triangle to 5 rings, 2 without shaq, is a testament to how optimal kobe is CAPABLE of playing (we all know he can chuck now and then in the regular season and people blow it out of proportion).

Exactly.

Doranku
01-05-2015, 05:03 AM
I would hope so, considering this was how the Spurs were defending LeBron the entire series...

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2013/06/12/lebron-james-nba-finals-2013-miami-heat-san-antonio-spurs

HOoopCityJones
01-05-2015, 05:04 AM
I would hope so, considering this was how the Spurs were defending LeBron the entire series...

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2013/06/12/lebron-james-nba-finals-2013-miami-heat-san-antonio-spurs

:applause:

3ball
01-05-2015, 05:08 AM
indeed, he'd gotten a 2nd life after ray allen saved his career from being a literal laughing stock.

and he only averaged 17 shots per game in the 2014 Finals... which was not nearly enough...

infact, in 21 out of the 24 years since 1991, the team leader in shot attempts on the Finals-winning team took more than 25.56% of the team's shots - which means that the load Lebron took on in 2014 Finals (25.56% of his team's shots) was not a large load, and the notion that he couldn't have done more, or that no one else would have done more, is false - 21 out of the last 24 did more.. :confusedshrug:

SpanishACB
01-05-2015, 05:11 AM

what? there's numerous quotes of Phil saying Kobe sometimes plays his own game and Phil disaproves..

a different thing is that Jackson could live with it, since ultimately, players can adapt to a system but coaches also adapt to the pieces they have.

HOoopCityJones
01-05-2015, 05:15 AM
what? there's numerous quotes of Phil saying Kobe sometimes plays his own game and Phil disaproves..

a different thing is that Jackson could live with it, since ultimately, players can adapt to a system but coaches also adapt to the pieces they have.

So? Phil is his best player's biggest criticizers and a master manipulator who uses mind **** tactics to motivate his players, whether thats blasting them through the media or punching them in the chest on the court. Phil is far from conventional coaching.

SouBeachTalents
01-05-2015, 05:17 AM
indeed, he'd gotten a 2nd life after ray allen saved his career from being a literal laughing stock.

and he only averaged 17 shots per game in the 2014 Finals... which was not nearly enough...

infact, in 21 out of the 24 years since 1991, the team leader in shot attempts on the Finals-winning team took more than 25.56% of the team's shots - which means that the load Lebron took on in 2014 Finals (25.56% of his team's shots) was not a large load, and the notion that he couldn't have done more, or that no one else would have done more, is false - 21 out of the last 24 did more.. :confusedshrug:

How many players in history could overcome a great performance from their opposition while getting contributions like this from their "stacked" team

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201406120MIA.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201406150SAS.html

Honestly, what more is LeBron going to do in those games with those kinds of performances from his teammates?

SpanishACB
01-05-2015, 05:19 AM
So? Phil is his best player's biggest criticizers and a master manipulator who uses mind **** tactics to motivate his players, whether thats blasting them through the media or punching them in the chest on the court. Phil is far from conventional coaching.

and you're his conscience or just a try hard?

Sharmer
01-05-2015, 06:59 AM
Phil had Shaq, MJ, Kobe, Bynum, Pipen, Gasol etc

He was just lucky with endless talent. He's never had a average roster. So his advice doesn't have as much weight as people give it.

Sharmer
01-05-2015, 07:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cgDzSNY.jpg

Bynum? Andrew Bynum? :lol

Odom, Horace Grant, Tony Kukoc, Dennis Rodman.. hell even Ron Artest & Ariza imo >> Andrew Bynum

Exactly endless talent. You can't say Bynum wasn't a beast when healthy.

SwayDizzle
01-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Exactly endless talent. You can't say Bynum wasn't a beast when healthy.
A healthy and motivated Bynum was the best center in the league. The Lakers FO took a gamble and lost by choosing him over Gasol. If Bynum could have stayed healthy, the Lakers would have remained contenders. Also, if the FO had originally chosen Gasol over Bynum as the option forward, the team would have remained in contention. Gasol lost all motivation when it became obvious he would be on the trading block.

lilteapot
01-05-2015, 07:54 AM
OP is pretty much a shining example of how terrible and stupid cavs fans are.

ImKobe
01-05-2015, 07:58 AM
That first shot in that video + the shot in OT have to be the toughest game tying/winning shots in NBA history, just god damn...

plowking
01-05-2015, 08:21 AM
:applause:

You just said they defended Lebron the exact opposite way to prove a point. Then you go ahead and applaud that post?

You f*cking guppy. Can't even stay consistent. :oldlol:
You're losing the argument but you're too stupid to realize.

pauk
01-05-2015, 08:37 AM
Its nice, when its going in.... if they included the misses aswell you would sit there your entire life until video finishes.... :P

COnDEMnED
01-05-2015, 08:47 AM
The man was a killer. I'm thankful I got to see his entire career start to somewhat finish. People forget (or weren't born yet/old enough to remember AKA most of his haters) just how good this guy was. All time top 7 great with an incredible long prime. He was a one man wrecking crew. There will never be another Kobe Bryant.

raprap
01-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Kobe :applause: top 10 goat. First player I rooted for and the first player I hated. These Kobe stans are unbearable. :lol

SexSymbol
01-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Its nice, when its going in.... if they included the misses aswell you would sit there your entire life until video finishes.... :P
ssssssaltyyyyyyy

K Xerxes
01-05-2015, 10:30 AM

Just like we'll be sitting here waiting our entire lives for your phantom Jordan flops compilation to finish?

SexSymbol
01-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Just like we'll be sitting here waiting our entire lives for your phantom Jordan flops compilation to finish?
:lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lol :cheers:

riseagainst
01-05-2015, 11:21 AM
top 10 GOAT.

:bowdown:

ImKobe
01-05-2015, 11:27 AM
No question. Second would have to be Kobe again in Game 4 2006: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8asU1kuFM

Dude is from another planet.. too clutch. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That steal is like the only positive thing Smush Parker ever did as a Laker :bowdown:

"final seconds...Bryant for the win BANG!!!"

And that crazy fadeaway over Bran with a hand in his face at 2:28...god damn

just amazing how many of these shots he's made over his career. He takes these shots with regularity and still manages to shoot 45% for his career :lebronamazed:

Rooster
01-05-2015, 12:58 PM
That steal is like the only positive thing Smush Parker ever did as a Laker :bowdown:

"final seconds...Bryant for the win BANG!!!"

And that crazy fadeaway over Bran with a hand in his face at 2:28...god damn

just amazing how many of these shots he's made over his career. He takes these shots with regularity and still manages to shoot 45% for his career :lebronamazed:

Kobe FG% is the same as Ray Allen and with 1300 more assist and he's a chucker who does not pass.

20Four
01-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Lebron is better than kobe ever was at basketball
HAHAHAHAH says the Burger Flipping Fakkit! Dumbass bitch

GimmeThat
01-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Wouldnt be surprised if he needs those extra dribble to get a clear shot off late in his career.

For one, he isnt ever going to be left open.
Second. He isnt the catch and shoot player like Ray Allen was. He tends to fade a little, which he might be losing just slightly on his elevation.

however, that crazy and wild 3 over dwayne wade at the buzzer as hes completely lost in balance.

Memorable indeed.

WillC
01-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Larry Bird at the peak of his playing career: "All I know is that people tend to forget how great the older great players were. It'll happen that way with me, too."

...and Kobe Bryant too, it would appear.

That Larry Bird quote is one of my favourites.

pauk
01-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Kobe has played for 19 years and has missed most shots in NBA history, which includes "impossible shots"... by the time you are finished watching those highlights i will have any players flop compilation ready to go for you...

pegasus
01-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Kobe has played for 19 years and has missed most shots in NBA history, which includes "impossible shots"... by the time you are finished watching those highlights i will have any players flop compilation ready to go for you...
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Does this guy have no shame?:facepalm

Droid101
01-05-2015, 03:16 PM
How about one player: Michael Jordan.

sportjames23
01-05-2015, 04:09 PM

:oldlol:

Hey Yo
01-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Catch and shoot corner 3's are considered impossible?

Turnaround fade away's near the baseline = impossible?

There's some nice shots from the little I watched but whoever made that compilation needs a dictionary.

zizozain
01-05-2015, 04:29 PM
kobetop3alltime

K Xerxes
01-05-2015, 04:30 PM

For now, can you show me ONE Michael Jordan flop that is comparable to this one:

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51a63f44eab8ea337f000007/lebron-james-flop-2011.gif

Just ONE.

gts
01-05-2015, 04:59 PM
For now, can you show me ONE Michael Jordan flop that is comparable to this one:

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51a63f44eab8ea337f000007/lebron-james-flop-2011.gif

Just ONE.

looks like the missing frames from the Zapruder film

riseagainst
01-05-2015, 05:00 PM

Just ONE.

dam......

CavaliersFTW
01-05-2015, 05:15 PM

Just ONE.
The ball hit him right in the face with tremendous force obviously you have never played basketball before. That is how anyone would react to a professional athlete hitting a ball into your face. lol

jstern
01-05-2015, 05:25 PM
What I hate about highlights like these is that it makes the average ignorant fan think that the players making the shot is the GOAT. He made an incredible shot, he's the greatest of all time. And that's why Kobe has the most ignorant fans.

TheMarkMadsen
01-05-2015, 05:48 PM
What I hate about highlights like these is that it makes the average ignorant fan think that the players making the shot is the GOAT. He made an incredible shot, he's the greatest of all time. And that's why Kobe has the most ignorant fans.

Thoughts of a parainiod insecure Jordan/bran stan

Beastmode88
01-05-2015, 06:03 PM

Just ONE.

Pauk going Ghost mode after that one.

La Frescobaldi
01-05-2015, 09:34 PM

not back then. dude was beyond elite just tbrh

esp. #8

Dro
01-05-2015, 09:50 PM
The ball hit him right in the face with tremendous force obviously you have never played basketball before. That is how anyone would react to a professional athlete hitting a ball into your face. lol
WTF, no, just no.......I knew somebody was gonna say that too......The ball appeared to barely hit him in the chin but he looks like he was just shot.....Come on now.....

edit - just saw the white text, lol......

HOoopCityJones
01-05-2015, 10:02 PM

Just ONE.

And Lebron wonders why his back hurts so much, he hyper extends his back on the flop every time....:facepalm

Magikarp floppin ass *****.

Angel Face
01-05-2015, 10:14 PM
And Lebron wonders why his back hurts so much, he hyper extends his back on the flop every time....:facepalm

Magikarp floppin ass *****.

:oldlol: