PDA

View Full Version : Living Fish On Korean BBQ

tomtucker
01-05-2015, 05:15 AM
http://www.vidiload.com/13270/living-fish-on-korean-bbq/
:mad: :mad:

fiddy
01-05-2015, 05:18 AM
ive seen another korean video, that showed an alive octopus thrown in boiling water and mid way through the video they decided to cut his tentacles with scissors. asians...

AintNoSunshine
01-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Looks like giant worms to me..:wtf:

gts
01-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Lobster, crabs, clams are all cooked alive

You ever heard a lobster banging around when you first throw him in the pot of boiling water

ZenMaster
01-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Lobster, crabs, clams are all cooked alive

You ever heard a lobster banging around when you first throw him in the pot of boiling water

You don't HAVE to cook lobsters alive.

BurningHammer
01-06-2015, 11:04 PM
For many kinds of fish and seafood, the fresher the better.

Live fish sashimi is pretty normal.

bigkingsfan
01-06-2015, 11:37 PM
Not as good as the living dog video.

DonD13
01-07-2015, 03:43 AM
damn savages
us western civilized countries would never hurt animals

Akrazotile
01-07-2015, 03:47 AM
You don't HAVE to cook lobsters alive.

How else would you kill them tho?

DonD13
01-07-2015, 03:56 AM

first of all, only kill animals who are willing to die for you.

then you give them a nice massage while they overdose on sleeping pills.

Godzuki
01-07-2015, 10:32 AM
i've had korean bbq a ton and never seen that on a menu or anywhere. that would gross a lot of koreans out IMO since they look like worms. i know i'd be grossed out by it.

that said we do eat fried/boiled/jerky squid and octopus pretty universally i figure. i've seen people eat it raw too which is nasty to me but i don't like any raw meats, inclulding sushi. those are probably the grossest things i can think of thats pretty mainstream for koreans.

you can find peoplle eating gross shit all over the place if you look hard enough, doesn't mean everyone in that race eats it. like white people eating turtle soup, squirrel, possum, bull frogs in the country.

korean food is extremely underrated tho. like if you have a bonchon chicken around your way get the spicy garlic wings, beats every other wing you'll ever have iincluding buffalo wings and i love buffalo wings. the more authentic version of that is even better if you're lucky enough to have a chinese-korean joint that does it well. ja ja meun is a great noodle most probably have never had which you can get at a similar style restaurant, Noodles Corner does it so poorly and simple. and kalbi is probably the best BBQ meat there is in this world.....only issue is expect to drop at least $100+ for 3-4 people, decent korean restaurants are some of the most expensive that i've been to in America.

ZenMaster
01-07-2015, 11:11 AM

Our NYE chef made lobster soup, he just put a knife in their brain through the front IIRC and dumped them in the water right after.

rufuspaul
01-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Our NYE chef made lobster soup, he just put a knife in their brain through the front IIRC and dumped them in the water right after.

I've tried doing that and guess what? They still move around in the pot for a few minutes. Now I just skip that step.

ZenMaster
01-07-2015, 11:56 AM
I've tried doing that and guess what? They still move around in the pot for a few minutes. Now I just skip that step.

He said he thought it was more humane.

If they still move around couldn't it be the same reason a chicken walks around after you cut its head off?

In any case I find it amazing if lobsters do not die or at least lose their ability to feel pain from getting a knife through their head and brain. Our chef said that's how he kills them and he's very good at cooking food.

BurningHammer
01-07-2015, 01:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TwkV4JQJAw

Better serve it fresh. :pimp:

rufuspaul
01-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Well considering they can't feel pain in the first place...

That might not necessarily be the case.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/do-lobsters-and-other-invertebrates-feel-pain-new-research-has-some-answers/2014/03/07/f026ea9e-9e59-11e3-b8d8-94577ff66b28_story.html

rufuspaul
01-07-2015, 01:58 PM
I should boil you alive for correcting me

Just drive a knife through my skull first, Walking Dead style.