PDA

View Full Version : It's so sad to see a player of Blake Griffin's caliber regress so much.

Fudge
01-06-2015, 01:27 AM
Jesus Christ.

Why is he playing like such a *****? Dude is so AFRAID to be dominant.

Cowboy Thunder
01-06-2015, 01:30 AM
http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/blake-griffin-frolicking.jpg

Fudge
01-06-2015, 01:49 AM
Blake is such a f*cking beta. ***** ass beta.

Proctor
01-06-2015, 01:49 AM
The whole Clippers team needs to be blown up. :facepalm

LoneyROY7
01-06-2015, 01:50 AM
Tough night for you bruh.

notatop29pg
01-06-2015, 02:46 AM
[QUOTE=LoneyROY7]Tough night for you bruh.[/QUOTE

Are you not disappointed in Blake too?

All the tools in the world and he wants to play like Josh Smith.

This was his season to step up and take over this team... CP3 certainly seems happy to let him do it.

masonanddixon
01-06-2015, 02:54 AM
He still has no post moves. All he does in the post is the same shitty spin move and then awkwardly force his way to the basket and scream about getting a foul call when he initiates all the contact.

tpols
01-06-2015, 02:56 AM
He still has no post moves. All he does in the post is the same shitty spin move and then awkwardly force his way to the basket and scream about getting a foul call when he initiates all the contact.
It seems as though post game is something that can never be taught.. People get stuck in the way they move I guess

Akrazotile
01-06-2015, 02:56 AM

Hes always gonna have limited low post moves because of his lack of length. Guy needs to watch some prime Amare. Hes not maximizing his explosiveness right now.

masonanddixon
01-06-2015, 03:01 AM
It seems as though post game is something that can never be taught.. People get stuck in the way they move I guess

Footwork and confidence. Confidence is what it's all about. But yeah, it's tough to change someone's game midway into their 20s at the NBA level.

The problem with Griffin is so athletic that he resorts to raw athleticism instead of skill and has no confidence is skilled play when it counts.

masonanddixon
01-06-2015, 03:01 AM
Hes always gonna have limited low post moves because of his lack of length. Guy needs to watch some prime Amare. Hes not maximizing his explosiveness right now.

The pick and pop with him is absolutely retarded, yes. It also doesn't help that he has one of the worst coaches in the league.

tpols
01-06-2015, 03:03 AM
Barkley had one and he was 6'5 stocky.. You kinda just need fluidity.. Feel your defender and counter his movements. Blake goes hard into the lane and if he gets cutoff does that weird half spin into a layup.. Just looks rushed and unnatural.

plowking
01-06-2015, 03:04 AM
Agreed. Him and Durant with their lack of progress this season has been disappointing. I was expecting much more from them, but both seemed to have gone backwards.

LoneyROY7
01-06-2015, 03:04 AM
[QUOTE=LoneyROY7]Tough night for you bruh.[/QUOTE

Are you not disappointed in Blake too?

All the tools in the world and he wants to play like Josh Smith.

This was his season to step up and take over this team... CP3 certainly seems happy to let him do it.

I've been disappointed all season, man. I voice it in pretty much every Clippers game thread. :lol

No need for me to beat a dead horse in here.

SwishSquared
01-06-2015, 03:05 AM
The pick and pop with him is absolutely retarded, yes. It also doesn't help that he has one of the worst coaches in the league.
Had Doc matched the Warriors' offer to Gentry and stole Adams away from the Bulls (brilliant moves by Kerr & GSW's front office), I'm certain that the Clippers would have a better team. Doc the GM has been bad and he's having trouble coaching the roster he's (partly) put together.

LoneyROY7
01-06-2015, 03:06 AM
Had Doc matched the Warriors' offer to Gentry and stole Adams away from the Bulls (brilliant moves by Kerr & GSW's front office), I'm certain that the Clippers would have a better team. Doc the GM has been bad and he's having trouble coaching the roster he's (partly) put together.

Without question. Gentry was the true maestro behind the offense.

TylerOO
01-06-2015, 03:08 AM
Ahhh...your Thunder got manhandled tonight and you need to bash someone, and Blake Griffin was the lucky guy. Gotcha.

LoneyROY7
01-06-2015, 03:09 AM
Ahhh...your Thunder got manhandled tonight and you need to bash someone, and Blake Griffin was the lucky guy. Gotcha.

Not true. Blake's on Fudge's fantasy team so he watches the Clippers play a lot.

bdreason
01-06-2015, 03:11 AM
I blame it on the coaching and offense. They consistently get Blake the ball in all the wrong spots on the court.

LoneyROY7
01-06-2015, 03:15 AM
I blame it on the coaching and offense. They consistently get Blake the ball in all the wrong spots on the court.

Hit the nail on the f*cking HEAD. Post-ups and pick-and-roll hand-offs, over and over and over and over, ad nasuem.

Blake's greatest strength against opposing PFs is his speed and ball-handling, therefore, his most effective spot is and should be at the high-post facing up.

Instead they either force feed him in the low-post (which highlights one of his biggest weaknesses in footwork) or have him floating around the perimeter like a fricking SF.

It's mind-numbing really.

navy
01-06-2015, 03:43 AM
Blake has looked weak all season though so perhaps there is a reason they kept him out of the lane.

JohnMax
01-06-2015, 03:55 AM
Griffin looks less athletic due to back injury or HGH testing

bdreason
01-06-2015, 04:03 AM
Hit the nail on the f*cking HEAD. Post-ups and pick-and-roll hand-offs, over and over and over and over, ad nasuem.

Blake's greatest strength against opposing PFs is his speed and ball-handling, therefore, his most effective spot is and should be at the high-post facing up.

Instead they either force feed him in the low-post (which highlights one of his biggest weaknesses in footwork) or have him floating around the perimeter like a fricking SF.

It's mind-numbing really.

I'm a Warriors fan but I live in SoCal and watch almost every Clippers game. I also coach HS varsity, so watching players get utilized wrong bugs the shit out of me. The offense the Clippers are running is garbage. Griffin gets the ball one step in from the 3 pnt line on way too many possessions. That is not a position of power, even ISO'd in the triple threat position, because the defense is going to give him that shot. I don't care how good Blake thinks he is at that shot, the defense is never going to truly honor it, and will always play him for the drive.

LoneyROY7
01-06-2015, 04:04 AM

Both probably.

Sharmer
01-06-2015, 04:07 AM
Bad offensive coach Doc Rivers. Not sure they are good combo.

La Frescobaldi
01-06-2015, 04:57 AM
Bad offensive coach Doc Rivers. Not sure they are good combo.
always been overrated coach since he :sleeping amazingly :sleeping won a championship on the back of 3 All-Stars and Rondo playing near or at the top of their careers.

Jacks3
01-06-2015, 05:20 AM
The Clippers had the #1 offense in the league in 2014. They're #3 this seasons

Offense is not problem. They're a terrific offensive team.

Their problem is defense...as usual.

RoseCity07
01-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Is there a connection between Chris Paul falling off a little? Kinda makes you think how much credit should go to CP for the I success.

LoneyROY7
01-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Is there a connection between Chris Paul falling off a little? Kinda makes you think how much credit should go to CP for the I success.

No connection whatsoever.

A smart basketball fan would look at how great Blake has played without Paul.

T_L_P
01-06-2015, 02:20 PM
No connection whatsoever.

A smart basketball fan would look at how great Blake has played without Paul.

...until the Playoffs come around.

Blake currently leads the new class of players who are great in the Regular Season but ultimately come up way short in the postseason. Such a shame that a guy with his gifts doesn't dominate when the chips are truly down.

Darius
01-06-2015, 02:22 PM

Agreed

LoneyROY7
01-06-2015, 02:27 PM
...until the Playoffs come around.

Blake currently leads the new class of players who are great in the Regular Season but ultimately come up way short in the postseason. Such a shame that a guy with his gifts doesn't dominate when the chips are truly down.

Can't argue with that. Blake has not come up big in the playoffs thus far...but considering his age and assuming opportunity, his still has time to change that.

Fudge
01-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Agreed. Him and Durant with their lack of progress this season has been disappointing. I was expecting much more from them, but both seemed to have gone backwards.
Rent free. :oldlol: :oldlol:

T_L_P
01-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Can't argue with that. Blake has not come up big in the playoffs thus far...but considering his age and assuming opportunity, his still has time to change that.

Yeah, he's only been in, what, 3 Playoffs? He has time to improve or simply replicate what he did in the regular season.

He was freaking dominant at the end of last season...very disappointing that it didn't translate to the Playoffs.

CavaliersFTW
01-06-2015, 02:30 PM
As with Parsons and Lebron

...The HGH effect

LoneyROY7
01-06-2015, 02:33 PM
As with Parsons and Lebron

...The HGH effect

It's very possible. And if it is, I hope he finds a way around the testing.

Top Gun
01-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Beta.

GimmeThat
01-06-2015, 02:49 PM
I will frankly say that DeAndre Jordan has surpassed the expectation that I had for him from pairing up with Blake.

Unfortunately, in my shallow and stuborn mind, I dont think Jordan is talented enough for them to pull off some type of new school basketball.

So, asking Blake to go the old school route while letting Jordan to continue to beast up down low.

I wouldnt necessarily call it sad.

I think its simply going to make his decision making ability for a big to be even further developed, when he hits the suppose "prime" basketball age between athletic ability, and mental maturity

inclinerator
01-06-2015, 03:20 PM
that's what happens when u dont have a white man whipping u in the background u get lazy

KungFuJoe
01-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Griffin has never had IT. That IT that makes you step up your game when it's on the line. Since he entered the league, I've seen him score all his points by the 3rd quarter than go blank in the 4th.

It's all mental and it's the difference between great (which Blake is) and elite.

senelcoolidge
01-06-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure what's going on with Blake. He's playing very cautious this season. It could be because of the nagging injuries that he's trying to preserve him or not get injured by playing at his usual neck break pace. I think he was told to tone it down, so to avoid lots of contact he's shooting outside a lot. You can just see it in his body language, he's being very cautious.